Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Season Three is coming August 2nd! Geena Davis As Huntara

I feel the same way, I would love more than seven episodes a season.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I feel the same way, I would love more than seven episodes a season.
    The plan was 4 seasons of 13 episodes each a total of 52 episodes. As far as I know, that is the ENTIRE series! They are doing shorter episode per season to draw it out longer, otherwise it would be over in 4 seasons. While we are getting a complete story, its also bittersweet that we know how many episodes we have left (32) and that the show will end at that point
    Awesome new Fantasy RPG 5E/D&D magazine coming and you can pre-order at the link below!
    https://broadsword.samcart.com/refer...6eQLqoCrE2Uoap

My feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=197226

Quote Originally Posted by Cringer_luvr View Post
    The plan was 4 seasons of 13 episodes each a total of 52 episodes. As far as I know, that is the ENTIRE series! They are doing shorter episode per season to draw it out longer, otherwise it would be over in 4 seasons. While we are getting a complete story, its also bittersweet that we know how many episodes we have left (32) and that the show will end at that point
    it is bittersweet, but I love that they know the story they want to tell and have plotted it out just long enough to tell it. I have seen too many shows go beyond their natural end point and suffer for it.
    Last edited by webstor81; June 17, 2019 at 10:22am.
    Just cause your taller, don't pick on those smaller. Says Popeye the Sailor Man. toot toot

This article on the Annecy Fest panel is in Italian. I put it through Google Translate. It's not the best translation, but we can still get a general sense of what to expect in Season 3.

http://www.afnews.info/wordpress/201...-altro-ancora/

The highlight of the panel was the presentation of the animated series in production, some of which were shown to the public for the first time (so no chance to take pictures). But the reason that prompted many of the public to come was the presentation of the third season of "She-Ra" , a series developed starting from the character born in the 80s. Made for Netflix and with enormous success. The author of the reebot is Noelle Stevenson.

In front of an audience wearing She-ra's crowns given as a gift, the author told how her career was. He started doing webcomics already during high school and started making a name for himself. Then he worked for Disney on the " Wander over Yonder" series and when DreamWorks proposed the series he instantly accepted.

She didn't know the original series because when she was little they had already stopped transmitting it. So he started seeing her to read up. He liked it immediately. Bowl and its armor with the heart painted on the chest, flying horses, fantastic colors and a different kind of science fiction, original (and very similar to that made by her in the comic strip "Nimona" ndg.). He liked how the protagonists were princesses with superhero powers.

He realized he wanted to know more about that world, how come there were floating stones, mythology, the meaning of symbols.

The appearance of the characters came almost at the first attempt. He wanted the young spectators to identify themselves with them, which is why he insisted that everyone should look different from others and clothes not too different from the common ones (tennis shoes, ankle boots, trousers) to make Costplay easier.

To be able to make his story he decided from the beginning to be clear with the development crew. The collaboration and involvement between and with them was the only way to make the series he wanted. Where there could be strong female characters, but also a story of friendship and personal evolution.

A third season trailer and various frames are shown. Next season will see all the characters on a journey through the wild lands of Crimson Waves. In that place Adora and Co. will meet Hantara, new strong character at the head of those lands, who, not without problems and doubts, will help them in their mission. Find out what really happened in the past.

Catra and Scorpia will follow them and Catra seems to appreciate the lifestyle of the brigands of those lands.

It will be a rather tragic season, all the characters are under pressure and will end up in crisis. Adora wants to discover her past and Catra fears for her position.

The wild and desert setting offered the opportunity to create particular scenarios with even stronger colors. In the images we see that even Hordack will descend into the battlefield revealing himself as a strong & ruthless warrior.

Among the various questions from the public, one on the bad trio's report had an interesting answer. They act according to a personal goal. Catra wants power because she doesn't want anyone to hurt her anymore, Entrapta wants to be able to do experiments and research on what interests her and Scorpia is faithful to her friends and wants to help them, even if they are evil.

It looks like it will be a great third season.
    Last edited by Tallstar; June 14, 2019 at 05:27pm.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

I am not surprised over Huntara being added to the roster . I am surprised its Geena Davis voicing her .

"Exclusive: She-Ra Showrunner Noelle Stevenson Reveals Her New Comics Memoir"

Author, creator, and She-Ra and the Princesses of Power showrunner Noelle Stevenson is about to get personal. HarperCollins has announced her latest project, a graphic novel memoir called The Fire Never Goes Out. io9 has the exclusive first look, as well as an interview with Stevenson about the experiences that shaped her story...and what we can expect from She-Ra in season three.
    https://io9.gizmodo.com/exclusive-sh...s-h-1835661692

--------------------

--------------------

New Season 3 poster!

Last edited by Tallstar; June 21, 2019 at 07:33am.

Hmm, the ghostly image behind her... could that be Mara? Could the second half of the season focus on the She-Ra that came before?
    I am Imp's number one fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Asher Tye View Post
    Hmm, the ghostly image behind her... could that be Mara? Could the second half of the season focus on the She-Ra that came before?
    I'm betting that's totally Mara - she seems to have slightly different shoulder guards than Adora and more pronounced lips, and obviously the ship from "Signals" in bottom left - can't wait for August!
    A fabulous new wardrobe was revealed to me the day I held aloft my sword and said...

Ashley Eckstein will be voicing a character on She-Ra. (Not sure which season. Probably Season 3?)

https://twitter.com/DreamWorksSheRa/...33470660501504

- - - Updated - - -

Season 3 trailer is up on DreamWorksTV's YouTube page!

--------------------

Get a sneak peek at Geena Davis on Netflix's She-Ra season 3 — and watch the epic new trailer

https://ew.com/comic-con/2019/07/19/...r-geena-davis/

--------------------
    Last edited by Tallstar; July 19, 2019 at 02:54pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Ashley Eckstein will be voicing a character on She-Ra. (Not sure which season. Probably Season 3?)

https://twitter.com/DreamWorksSheRa/...33470660501504

- - - Updated - - -

Season 3 trailer is up on DreamWorksTV's YouTube page!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apP5mZQMRHs

--------------------

Get a sneak peek at Geena Davis on Netflix's She-Ra season 3 — and watch the epic new trailer

https://ew.com/comic-con/2019/07/19/...r-geena-davis/

--------------------
    AWESOME!!!! Looks like we might get some Adora background info! Any word on the Episode count for this season?
    Awesome new Fantasy RPG 5E/D&D magazine coming and you can pre-order at the link below!
    https://broadsword.samcart.com/refer...6eQLqoCrE2Uoap

My feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=197226

Quote Originally Posted by Cringer_luvr View Post
    AWESOME!!!! Looks like we might get some Adora background info! Any word on the Episode count for this season?
    I'm guessing there will be 6 episodes.

--------------------

Heroic Warrior
    So Tung Lashor is in the new season. Pretty cool!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Metayer View Post
    So Tung Lashor is in the new season. Pretty cool!
    Really?! I thought I saw Rattlor, but if TL is in there too, that's awesome!
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

Quote Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
    I'm pretty sure it is just Tung Lashor, but he does look a bit like Rattlor.

Gonna get to see Hordak finally go up against the Rebels. I do have to wonder why it looks like Hordak took a swipe at Entrapta.

So I guess Shadow Weaver is going to clue in Adora that she's not native to Etheria. Hopefully they can balance that well.

Kinda upset Hordak's plan boils down to summon alien armies. Was kinda theorizing that he'd actually used the fact that Etheria was cut off from the rest of the universe to make it a hiding spot for after the Horde fell.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
    I sat in on the panel at SDCC...

TL is the baddie in that episode but he’s surrounded by other snakemen (no one named). At the end of a fight scene we see the Snake Men logo that was ripped from TLs clothes. Not sure if that’s a hint of things to come or not but it was pretty prominently shown.

Quote Originally Posted by Asher Tye View Post
    Gonna get to see Hordak finally go up against the Rebels. I do have to wonder why it looks like Hordak took a swipe at Entrapta.

So I guess Shadow Weaver is going to clue in Adora that she's not native to Etheria. Hopefully they can balance that well.

Kinda upset Hordak's plan boils down to summon alien armies. Was kinda theorizing that he'd actually used the fact that Etheria was cut off from the rest of the universe to make it a hiding spot for after the Horde fell.
    I prefered the idea that he ended up on Etheria by acident and is mainly trying to escape what he sees as a backwater planet.

Quote Originally Posted by A Dalek View Post
    I prefered the idea that he ended up on Etheria by acident and is mainly trying to escape what he sees as a backwater planet.
    He could still be trapped, but only because it was harder to get to Etheria than he thought. Think of it, the Horde is being broken by the rest of the galactic community, so Hordak, rather than let himself get captured, uses his portal tech to travel to Etheria where he can regroup without anyone coming after him. Unfortunately, or fortunately as the case may be, a miscalculation causes his ship to crash, destroying the very tech he planned to subjugate the planet with and make himself comfortable while he waited for the galaxy to drop its guard, as well as the portal technology he'd planned on using to leave with. Bereft of the machinery he needs to make his stay comfortable, or even livable, of course he's desperate to leave, even if not enough time has passed for his plans to work.

Wow I love the trailer , it feels a totally Masters of the universe feeling

Quote Originally Posted by yeahthatsme1973 View Post
    I sat in on the panel at SDCC...
    Interesting.

I'm going to guess that the "Snakemen" get defeated, so Tung Lashor ends up joining the Horde. I'm going to dread all the ships the younger crowd comes up for him, though. I hope he is a serious character only.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Interesting.
    My thought for some time has been...

That Adora’s quest for where she came from might lead to He-Ro or King Grayskull showing up on the series without directly addressing her birth parentage.

Ultimately, that is the reason she can wield the sword and what she needs to know.

The other thought being that maybe she isn’t the first Adora. And that a loose version of Filmation actually played out in the past before Mara.

Heck, Noelle Stephenson has implied that Mara may be derived from the New Adventures character. I keep running with this idea that this Adora might be a clone of Adam’s sister, a thousand years in the future and her friends could be descendants of the original rebellion.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I'm pretty sure it is just Tung Lashor, but he does look a bit like Rattlor.
    Tung Lashor confirmation:

"The cast of "She-Ra" visits the L.A. Times Studio at the San Diego Comic-Con."

Oooh exciting!
    A fabulous new wardrobe was revealed to me the day I held aloft my sword and said...