Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Season Three is coming August 2nd! Geena Davis As Huntara

Heroic Warrior
    6 days and counting.

Maybe I should see about "speed-binging" all of Seasons 1 and 2.

Tung Lasher is there but not Leech ? That totally sucks . I also dont understand why manly man Mantenna has yet to show up . He is perfect for the show .

Binge watching this on Friday .

Catra Gets Her Han Solo Cantina Moment in This Exclusive She-Ra Season 3 Clip

https://io9.gizmodo.com/in-this-excl...nks-1836786701

--------------------

"Also, fun fact: the goat lady is voiced by none other than our very own @MaryEMcGlynn!" - Noelle Stevenson

- - - Updated - - -

--------------------

TheComicBookTheater
    She Ra And The Princesses Of Power Season 3 Advance Review!

The Beat
    REVIEW: Catra fully embraces villainy in SHE-RA AND THE PRINCESSES OF POWER Season 3
    https://www.comicsbeat.com/review-sh...s-of-power-s3/

Den Of Geek
    She-Ra and the Princesses of Power Season 3 Review (Spoiler-Free)
    4 out of 5 Stars
    https://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/she-...eason-3-review

Hypable
    ‘She-Ra’ season 3 review: Beyond the point of no return
    5 Stars
    https://www.hypable.com/she-ra-season-3-review/

FilmEra
    ‘She-Ra and the Princesses of Power’ Season 3 Review: A Powerful, Fluid Continuation of Its Previous Seasons
    5 Stars
    https://thefilmera.com/2019/07/30/sh...vious-seasons/
    Last edited by Tallstar; July 30, 2019 at 11:05am.

Not a bad speech by Catra.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

NEW CLIP!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/DreamWorksS...3554229564992/

--------------------

Last edited by Tallstar; July 30, 2019 at 12:04pm.

Huntara first impression? No.
    Now her new design is growing up on me, plus Geena Davis voicing it's a sign things are doin very great
    so what a ****ing cool purple female WWE the silaxian warrior is!

and somebody tells if rumors are true that Aimee Carreero is the secretly twin sister of Sarah Michelle Gellar .
    I Think Aimee could do a nice job even as a live action She-ra or Adora at least.
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "Good Journey!"
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."
    "The Power of Grayskull Awakens......"
    "Let the Power Returns....!"

Totally Dyslexic
    Tung Lashor is wearing boots and a cut of sleeves biker vest? What is he a redneck biker gang member whoīs wearing snake skin(outfit) while being a snake and why does he need a whip??? So that Catra can steal it? His tung is his whip....

Where is the fantasy world building? This is clearly earth in some kind of furry parallel universe in the late eighties/early nighties. And why do i have to root for the villain? Catra is no anti-hero. She wants to destroy the rebellion and doesīt care for Etheria and itīs environment?

FILMATION made Catra a rather one dimensional but this Catra is just an egomaniac who thinks she deserves everything. She wins this fight by luck and a nasty trick but this biker guy is simply written as really incompetent and a joke anyway.

And donīt get me started with that speech in the bar.

What is she talking about? She always had Adora as a friend. Her agility and extra strength made the Horde training easy for her. She always had the support of the other cadets. Only Shadow Weaver wasnīt to fond of her but once she was gone Catra had Scorpia for support and than in addition Entrapta.

Ask someone like Kyle who really seems to have a hard time and no friends or support.

And no matter what Catra does or says Scorpia wants to be her girlfriend any. So she is even loved and worshiped and protected...

This character is awful if you ask me.
    Last edited by Niki; July 31, 2019 at 06:54am.

Last edited by Tallstar; August 1, 2019 at 04:04pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Tung Lashor is wearing boots and a cut of sleeves biker vest? What is he a redneck biker gang member whoīs wearing snake skin(outfit) while being a snake and why does he need a whip??? So that Catra can steal it? His tung is his whip....

Where is the fantasy world building? This is clearly earth in some kind of furry parallel universe in the late eighties/early nighties. And why do i have to root for the villain? Catra is no anti-hero. She wants to destroy the rebellion and doesīt care for Etheria and itīs environment?

FILMATION made Catra a rather one dimensional but this Catra is just an egomaniac who thinks she deserves everything. She wins this fight by luck and a nasty trick but this biker guy is simply written as really incompetent and a joke anyway.

And donīt get me started with that speech in the bar.

What is she talking about? She always had Adora as a friend. Her agility and extra strength made the Horde training easy for her. She always had the support of the other cadets. Only Shadow Weaver wasnīt to fond of her but once she was gone Catra had Scorpia for support and than in addition Entrapta.

Ask someone like Kyle who really seems to have a hard time and no friends or support.

And no matter what Catra does or says Scorpia wants to be her girlfriend any. So she is even loved and worshiped and protected...

This character is awful if you ask me.
    It's made pretty clear that Adora was her only friend prior to Scorpia comiing along and the closest thing she had to a parent treated her like dirt. She definatly did have a bad life.

As for the clothes, it's pretty clearly to give the Crimson Waste a Mad Max vibe, that mix of old western an Biker astetic is a common design choice when depicting wastelands in fictional worlds.

Even someone like me can understand that.
    Last edited by A Dalek; August 1, 2019 at 05:51am.

Heroic Warrior
    I decided to do a super-speedy rewatch of the series' first 20 episodes ahead of Season 3's launch on Friday, and have to say that it's even better the second time around.

I also have to say that, although Adora, Catra, and Entrapta remain my 3 favorite characters overall, having already experienced Perfuma and Mermista's growth throughout the first 20 episodes of the series made me appreciate them even more immediately off the bat.

NEW CLIP!

Netflix's She-Ra sneak peek: Watch She-Ra fall in love with Geena Davis' Huntara

https://ew.com/tv/2019/08/01/netflix...clusive-video/

--------------------

--------------------

Last edited by Tallstar; August 2, 2019 at 01:07pm.

Somewhat unsure how I feel about this. For such a rough and tumble country, the Crimson Wastes don't seem to be offering our heroes and villainesses much of a challenge when it comes to obtaining allies and such.

6 episodes from the new season of She-Ra And The Princesses Of Power are now on Netflix!

The episodes are:

The Price Of Power
    Huntara
    Once Upon A Time In The Waste
    Moment Of Truth
    Remember
    The Portal

Hopefully more new AWESOME episodes and seasons will follow!
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

O...M...G!

What a great season! Binge watching it is the best way to watch these episodes.

New and old faces, some more answers and new questions. I wish I could say everything. You'll realise why not much is said by the cast and crew when you get the chance to see it.

The last two episodes are basically one arc. Watch it and listen closely to episode six as you're in for two big shocks (maybe three!)

I want season 4 now it's SO GOOD of a cliffhanger.

Quote Originally Posted by ForTheHonour86 View Post
    O...M...G!

What a great season! Binge watching it is the best way to watch these episodes.

New and old faces, some more answers and new questions. I wish I could say everything. You'll realise why not much is said by the cast and crew when you get the chance to see it.

The last two episodes are basically one arc. Watch it and listen closely to episode six as you're in for two big shocks (maybe three!)

I want season 4 now it's SO GOOD of a cliffhanger.
    This season is so damn good!

Hordak being a clone of Hord Prime is an interesing twist on their relationship and the idea of them being brothers, but I'm still not sure I like the idea of the Hord being an intergalatic empire agian, I've allways felt that took the mix of Sci-fi and fantasy and scewed it a bit to much towards sci-fi

I'm in the middle of 3x01 now. The music is still very good, the art style is still terrible, body proportions are still inconsistent from scene to scene, Adora's still annoying and She-Ra is still hard to look at. Thank god Horsey hasn't spoken yet.
    The show has good moments too of course (and bearable characters), I'd say I'm enjoying about 45% of it.
    I hope when the show's done (and forgotten, maybe, hopefully), someone reboots it properly.
    Last edited by Chris85; August 2, 2019 at 10:18am.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris85 View Post
    I'm in the middle of 3x01 now. The music is still very good, the art style is still terrible, body proportions are still inconsistent from scene to scene, Adora's still annoying and She-Ra is still hard to look at. Thank god Horsey hasn't spoken yet.
    I hope when the show's done and forgotten, someone reboots it properly.
    Wouldn't that be kind of unfair to people who like this version?

I mean not liking it is one thing but wanting it to be forgoton just comes across as kind of spiteful to me.
    Last edited by A Dalek; August 2, 2019 at 05:03pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris85 View Post
    The show has good moments too of course (and bearable characters), I'd say I'm enjoying about 45% of it.
    I hope when the show's done (and forgotten, maybe, hopefully), someone reboots it properly.
    To hope it is "FORGOTTEN" as you say is kinda inconsiderate to those of us who LOVE this show! I just watched all 6 episodes of season 3 and the story is simply Amazing!!

So Hordak is Horde Prime's clone rather than his younger brother?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Exor View Post
    So Hordak is Horde Prime's clone rather than his younger brother?
    Well

Horde Prime does refer to Hordak as little borther during his brief apearence at the end of the season. Wouldn't make them the first series to treat clones as siblings

Reaction to there being more buzz around Mara now than back in the day.

Mara truly won.

mara1.jpg

Just shotgunned the entire thing. Catra may officially be on Adora's blacklist now, and I'm glad Adora finally told her to shut up with the whinning.

Am I the only one who got an Augra vibe from Madame Razz ( Dark Crystal) this time around? And I loved Hordak's interactions with Entrapta. She finally won me over as a character.

But now we have a frightening stinger. I'll be interested to see how this plays out given what we've learned from the characters. Is it just me or does the theme for this show seem to be morphing into the perils of trying to live up to other people's preconceived expectations.

- - - Updated - - -

What's funny is this was one of the accidental leaks from when they were doing promotionals for the show. I've been wondering how they were going to reveal this tidbit. This also plays into my headcanon regarding Imp.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by A Dalek View Post
    Well
    Can't wait to discuss the ramifications of this. I'm kinda wondering if we need to do individual episode discussion threads again for the season.
    Last edited by Asher Tye; August 2, 2019 at 07:26pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Fantastic season! I really like the world-building in this series. It's familiar and also different with its own take on the mythos. Can't wait until season 4!

Did the binge and the expanding universe was great! Looking forward to Season 4!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!!

Jafaristew...the guy that coined the term "200X."