Thread: LEGO Group working with Dreamworks. PoP or MOTU LEGO possible?

LEGO Group working with Dreamworks. PoP or MOTU LEGO possible?

Was just reading over at Brickset.com that the LEGO Group are making Trolls sets in conjunction with Dreamworks. The author writes that this could open the gates for other properties such as She-Ra! I think the new designs would look amazing on the Friends style mini dolls.

And, it got me thinking, with a new movie and probably cartoon on the way, MOTU couldn’t be far behind. LEGO Castle Grayskull, Battle Cat, Orko! My wallet is in trouble.
    Last edited by Fandabidozi; May 10, 2019 at 08:39pm.

I don't mean to poop on your parade, I don't think mattel would let that happen since they own MegaBloks, and MegaConstrux. (Maybe just the new Dreamworks She-ra)

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by He-bro View Post
    I don't mean to poop on your parade, I don't think mattel would let that happen since they own MegaBloks, and MegaConstrux. (Maybe just the new Dreamworks She-ra)
    Flynn said that Mattel doesn’t actually own MOTU but is a licensee. Probably not while Mattel has the license though.

Mattel still have the rights when it comes to the toys, no? So why would they allow LEGO to take the license when they themselvesvown Mega Construx?
    Interested in the following loose Classics figures: Ram Man, Griffin, Mekaneck, 200x King Hisss and figure stands (prefer Snake Mountain stands)!

Contact me per PM or my razzerian@gmail.com

Looking to pre-order Snake Mountain? Check out this thread to see where you can do so! Found a new retailer selling it, drop a line in said thread to add it to the list.

Unmotivated webcomicker KidTDragon's Avatar
    LEGO MotU would be awesome, but it's definitely not happening before the license reverts to Universal.
    Track your MotU collection at shmax.com!

Almost Comics: Occasionally updated. Occasionally funny.

XBL Gamertag: KidTDragon
    PSN User ID: KidTDragon
    Nintendo Network ID: KidTDragon
    Steam: KidTDragon

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    I love the current MOTU Mega Construx. Sure, I grew up on LEGO and it has a strong, nostalgic place in my heart, but MEga Brands minifigures are so much better-suited for MOTU.

I can see LEGO getting the She-Ra series... good for them. Fine with me as I won't feel compelled to buy them. Not a fan. Won't ever be.
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Creator of Kaiju Kaos.