Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scooby Doo: "Return To Zombie Island" Coming Soon

Scooby Doo: "Return To Zombie Island" Coming Soon

I read that the next Scooby Doo animated movie will be Return To Zombie Island, which is a sequel to 1998's Scooby Doo On Zombie Island, the first in a long line of awesome animated movies. Wikipedia states that the sequel will be released on June 11 2019, but so far there's no official news, DVD cover picture or story/cast news. I will keep updating as I find new information for Scooby fans.

I'm assuming that Frank Welker, Grey DeLisle-Griffin, Kate Micucci, and Matthew Lillard will reprise their respective roles as Fred & Scooby, Daphne, Velma, and Shaggy.

I'm hoping Cam Clarke will return as Detective Beau Neville who had been undercover as a grouchy gardener in the first movie. He seemed to take a shine to Velma and vice versa at the end of the earlier movie.

Since Simone (Adrienne Barbeau), Lena (Tara Strong ~ nee Charendoff), and Jacques (Jim Cummings) were destroyed at the end of the first Zombie Island film, I doubt they will be returning, except as ghosts (maybe). I'm not sure which new characters and voice actors will be joining the cast.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Scooby-Doo_media
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

That's awesome. I am a big fan of Scooby Doo and really enjoyed the last movie The Curse of the 13th Ghost, a follow up to the TV series The 13 Ghosts of Scooby Doo. I love Scooby Doo On Zombie Island, I remember watching it over the summer in 2000 when I was 15 LOL. I think Return To Zombie Island will be excellent.

Hey Mark M, it's awesome to meet a fellow Scooby Doo fan, my sister and I are huge fans, and Zombie Island is one of our "Scooby Staples", movies we watch regularly. Witch's Ghost is another one in that category, I especially love The Hex Girls, one of whom is voiced by Jane Wiedlin from The Go-Go's, one of my favourite bands. I also love Camp Scare and the one where the Scooby gang crossover with Batman: The Brave And The Bold. I love Aquaman in that movie, he's so funny.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

Hi Mikey, it is awesome to meet another Scooby Fan. I grew up watching all the different shows on TV and recorded quite a few episodes. One of my absolute favourites is Sccobygiest.
    Over the summer of 2000 they did a Scooby Doo marathon on Cartoon Network here in the UK. I watched quite a bit of it. Then in early 2003 when I was in college they did another Scooby marathon and I left some VHS tapes on record on long play while I was at college and through the night. Those tapes recorded the majority of the animated movies that had be released up to that point and loads of episodes from the diferent series. That is where I first discovered The 13 Ghosts of Scooby Doo. I am quite a fan of some horror movies so see Vincent Price voice Vincent Van Ghoul was awesome.

I didn't know that Jane Wiedlin voiced one of the Hex Girls.

Do you think the villain in Scooby Doo Meets The Boo Brothers looks a bit like Scareglow form MOTU?

Camp Scare was quite good. I liked the majority of the movies. Boo Brothers, Alien Invaders, Reluctant Werewolf, Loch Ness Monster.
    On Zombie Island
    and Witch's Ghost would be my favourites.

Hello again, Mark M! I think I love most of the Scooby Doo movies, I haven't seen the one with KISS because my sister and I aren't exactly fans of the band, but although we're not exactly wrestling fans either, we do love the WrestleMania ones, especially with that loveable dork The Miz, he's so cool!

Miz.jpg

Scooby Doo: Mystery Incorporated was a great series too.

As for the villain in Boo Brothers looking like Scare Glow, it's been so long since I've seen that one, that I need to rewatch it to refresh my memory.

I used to enjoy watching Scooby Doo cartoons on Saturday mornings as a kid, but later I found them the plot lines a bit too predictable. It seems though that the newer ones have just the right balance of mystery and horror with comedy.

I have to say my all-time favourite character in the franchise is Fred. He was always my hero.

Fred_Jones.png

Mikey I like heavy metal and rock music but I haven't really seen much of the Scooby Doo and Kiss movie. Not a big fan of the bad. Some of their songs are good.
    As a wrestling fan I quite enjoyed the Scooby Doo WWE movies but I am not too keen on the crossover movies with celebrities etc.

Sadly, I believe the release of Return To Zombie Island has been pushed back from its proposed June 11 release date and I no longer know when it will be released. There's been no new news as yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Sadly, I believe the release of Return To Zombie Island has been pushed back from its proposed June 11 release date and I no longer know when it will be released. There's been no new news as yet.
    Better they take their time and make it a great movie.

Scooby Doo: Return To Zombie Island will officially be released on DVD/Blu-Ray on October 1 2019.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scooby..._Zombie_Island

Scooby Doo: Return To Zombie Island will officially be released on DVD/Blu-Ray on October 1 2019.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scooby..._Zombie_Island
    That is awesome news.

Apparently, from what I've read of the synopsis, the Mystery Inc. gang are all prepared for a getaway on a tropical island, but due to mysterious circumstances, they end up back on Zombie Island, where the zombies come to life again. Also, the sequel gives reasons why many of the zombies in the original movie are wearing Hawaiian shirts and related garb, apparently they were people who also thought they were going to a tropical island.

Apparently, from what I've read of the synopsis, the Mystery Inc. gang are all prepared for a getaway on a tropical island, but due to mysterious circumstances, they end up back on Zombie Island, where the zombies come to life again. Also, the sequel gives reasons why many of the zombies in the original movie are wearing Hawaiian shirts and related garb, apparently they were people who also thought they were going to a tropical island.
    Cool I always just assumed that was standard tourist wear for people on holiday etc.

I really hope it is as good as the first one and I hope the ending is better than The Curse of The 13th Ghost. Don't get me wrong I really liked the movie but I would have preferred a slightly different ending.
    Like the original Zombie Island I want proper zombies, ghosts and monsters etc...not more villains in masks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    not more villains in masks.
    That's, like, the trope that Scooby Doo is made of - although I did like the idea of straying from that into what they would do with a real monster for a change.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"All you have is your fire, and the place you need to reach
    Don't you ever tame your demons, but always keep them on a leash"
    - Hozier, "Arsonist's Lullabye"

Quote Originally Posted by Dave-Man View Post
    That's, like, the trope that Scooby Doo is made of - although I did like the idea of straying from that into what they would do with a real monster for a change.
    I just always liked the episodes and movies with real ghosts and monsters etc.

Witch's Ghost was brilliant, I especially love the real witch Sarah Ravencroft and The Hex Girls, one of which is Jane Wiedlin from The Go-Go's.

Witch's Ghost was brilliant, I especially love the real witch Sarah Ravencroft and The Hex Girls, one of which is Jane Wiedlin from The Go-Go's.
    Zombie Island and Witch's Ghost set the bar very high. While I have enjoyed a lot of the other movies none of them have really been as good or better than Zombie Island and Witch's Ghost. Although there were some that came close.

Camp Scare is another of my favourites, along with Shaggy's Showdown and the Batman: Brave And The Bold crossover.

Camp Scare is another of my favourites, along with Shaggy's Showdown and the Batman: Brave And The Bold crossover.
    Camp Scare is a really good one, as is Loch Ness Monster and a few others.

I really liked Moon Monster Madness as well.

I really liked Moon Monster Madness as well.
    Frankencreepy was quite good. It reminded me of Mystery Incorporated. There is actually still I havent watched so I will have to watch them when I get chance.

In regards to series, I especially love What's New Scooby Doo and Mystery Incorporated.

Seen Return to Zombie Island. It was okay. Nowhere near as good as the first Zombie Island.
    I liked aspects of it but some things I didn't like.
    Mainly the overall story.
    I won't get into spoilers too much but much like The Curse of the 13th Ghost the ending isn't great.
    One of the best things about Zombie Island, … and Witches Ghost and the 13 Ghosts series was the supernatural and interaction with real monsters etc, something COTTG and RTZI were really lacking. There is still some supernatural interaction but not as much.

I was wondering if anyone had seen it. These movies are pretty hit or miss so always a bit apprehensive on purchasing them.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it