Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do your loved ones like your Classics collection?

How do your loved ones like your Classics collection?

Hey folks!

I was having a chat with a guy on Facebook the other day and apparantly he started collecting MOTUC because of his wife! And now they’re both stuck with the Classics bug!

Which got me thinking, how do your loved ones like your collection? Do they share your passion, tonerate it? Don’t care or resent it?

My son obviously thinks they’re awesome, he loves Classics Castle Grayskull, thinks the glow in the dark spirit of Grayskull is amazing. He’s only just turning four but he loves the fact that the figures have interchangeable heads. He himself plays a lot with vintage MOTU figures.

My girlfriend is just happy that I’ve finally settled on “one” collection but she also thinks it’s very “cool”, in fact she really dug Castle Grayskull when it arrived last week or so and she loves the adult collector on the box! She thought that was hilarious. I think Classics and my Masterpiece Transformers (which I’ve all sold) are the toys she digs the most.

So what about you guys and girls? How do your kids, spouses, friends and family like your Classics?
    Interested in the following loose Classics figures: Ram Man, Griffin, Mekaneck, 200x King Hisss and figure stands (prefer Snake Mountain stands)!

Contact me per PM or my razzerian@gmail.com

Looking to pre-order Snake Mountain? Check out this thread to see where you can do so! Found a new retailer selling it, drop a line in said thread to add it to the list.

Everyone in my family hates it except for my mom.

My wife puts up with it.

All 3 of my sons all think I should have collected something else.

My daughter is tired of them mess (She moved back in as an adult, and we gave her the spare room, but it's also my eBay, and Youtube room.)

My oldest Granddaughter is tired of She-Ra, she thinks I collect She-Ra. (It's all She-Ra to her)

My younger grandkids, I don't think have an opinion.

Well there ya' go.

My daughter loves them (the Toy Room is officially ours, no longer just Daddy’s).

My Wifey likes it fine, understands my “need” for it, and even knows most of the names and lore. In fact, she is the one who has, from the very beginning, opened every single figure and most other releases for MOTUC. It’s been almost a ritual since He-Man and Beast Man showed up. She reads the Bio (if there is one) and (mostly carefully) opens the toys.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    After all of these years of being into He-Man and She-Ra, my parents and sisters are accustomed to my madness. They know it's my amusing, eccentric hobby. I have the packages sent to my parents' house because they live in a better neighborhood (I had a package stolen off my porch once). Anyway, my mom calls them my "babies" to tease me. She has a thick Portuguese accent and when packages come in she usually asks, "so who's dis one?" I tell her the name, then she furrows her brow at the inevitable weirdness of the name and repeats it with a confused and incredulous tone in her voice. I crack up every time, especially the time she exclaimed, "Shah-doe Weeeveh?!?!"

My Dad pretty much thinks it's a waste of money and has a chuckle over the whole thing, calling them "de He-Mans" but he's given up on trying to convince me that it's silly to buy toys, probably hoping that I'll sell them all and make a fortune someday. I won't. Haha. Classics are keepers for me. My Dad helped me put up shelves for them a few years back.

Both of my sisters, especially the middle sister (I'm the oldest), watched He-Man and She-Ra with me and they both know how I roll. My middle sister still knows some of the characters and recognizes several them when she looks at the shelves - "Oooh, Swift Wind looks awesome!" That kind of thing.

Some of my friends love it and think it's great. My friend Meri is a collector of Pez and Lego, and is a casual MOTU fan from the 80's, so she knows a lot of them and gets into my collection, often asking to see "the newest ones." My friend Matt loves them too, and collects Transformers, so we swap stories about collecting what we like.

Others friends simply "don't get it," but think it's interesting. Some "don't get it," and don't think it's interesting. lol. And one friend literally looked at the collection, paused for a moment to take it in, then said, "I'll never figure you out." I'm not sure exactly what that means, but she's probably right about that. Even I can't figure me out most of the time.

My late husband Magoo thought the whole MOTU/POP thing was great fun, and enjoyed it vicariously through me. He thought it was a cute, wacky hobby of mine and got into my enthusiasm for the whole thing. He helped me remove and re-glue the headdress on the Sorceress because it sat too high on her head. Anytime I look at that figure now, I think of him doing that when I wasn't home one day because he knew I was bummed out by how the factory glued it onto the figure. He fixed it up really nice and sent me a pic when I was out of the house one day.

He definitely thought the catchphrases in the fandom were strangely hilarious. I used to tell him about those, because he'd hear me cracking up at the computer sometimes - he referred to the .Org as my "little online world." He especially loved the "No Rio, We Riot" catchphrase from years ago and said it all the time. In fact, I got home one day to find this when I walked into the office/toy room:

Last edited by Penny Dreadful; May 11, 2019 at 09:29pm.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    After all of these years of being into He-Man and She-Ra, my parents and sisters are accustomed to my madness. They know it's my amusing, eccentric hobby. I have the packages sent to my parents' house because they live in a better neighborhood (I had a package stolen off my porch once). Anyway, my mom calls them my "babies" to tease me. She has a thick Portuguese accent and when packages come in she usually asks, "so who's dis one?" I tell her the name, then she furrows her brow at the inevitable weirdness of the name and repeats it with a confused and incredulous tone in her voice. I crack up every time, especially the time she exclaimed, "Shah-doe Weeeveh?!?!"

My Dad pretty much thinks it's a waste of money and has a chuckle over the whole thing, calling them "de He-Mans" but he's given up on trying to convince me that it's silly to buy toys, probably hoping that I'll sell them all and make a fortune someday. I won't. Haha. Classics are keepers for me. My Dad helped me put up shelves for them a few years back.

Both of my sisters, especially the middle sister (I'm the oldest), watched He-Man and She-Ra with me and they both know how I roll. My middle sister still knows some of the characters and recognizes several them when she looks at the shelves - "Oooh, Swift Wind looks awesome!" That kind of thing.

Some of my friends love it and think it's great. My friend Meri is a collector of Pez and Lego, and is a casual MOTU fan from the 80's, so she knows a lot of them and gets into my collection, often asking to see "the newest ones." My friend Matt loves them too, and collects Transformers, so we swap stories about collecting what we like.

Others friends simply "don't get it," but think it's interesting. Some "don't get it," and don't think it's interesting. lol. And one friend literally looked at the collection, paused for a moment to take it in, then said, "I'll never figure you out." I'm not sure exactly what that means, but she's probably right about that. Even I can't figure me out most of the time.

My late husband Magoo thought the whole MOTU/POP thing was great fun, and enjoyed it vicariously through me. He thought it was a cute, wacky hobby of mine and got into my enthusiasm for the whole thing. He helped me remove and re-glue the headdress on the Sorceress because it sat too high on her head. Anytime I look at that figure now, I think of him doing that when I wasn't home one day because he knew I was bummed out by how the factory glued it onto the figure. He fixed it up really nice and sent me a pic when I was out of the house one day.

He definitely thought the catchphrases in the fandom were strangely hilarious. I used to tell him about those, because he'd hear me cracking up at the computer sometimes - he referred to the .Org as my "little online world." He especially loved the "No Rio, We Riot" catchphrase from years ago and said it all the time. In fact, I got home one day to find this when I walked into the office/toy room:

https://i.imgur.com/8oPqz3U.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/pnDMz7x.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/64sWvn5.jpg
    I will have a laugh when I get home with these action figures antic.....

Wait...mine are sealed.... i might cry.

My mom knew how i love toys so she's ok with it, heck she gave me my very first motu, vintage Man-E- Faces.

My dad will never get it.

My wife tolerated it and is neutral about it.

My daughter loves it, specially Trap Jaw and Skeletor, she has her own Loyal Subjects pieces she plays with. She always tease me to open sealed stuff.

My fave cousin and I have the same love on toys and it is our forever topic every time we see each other.

My friends and workmate and others don't get it, except for some who i ask for a favor to pick up toys for me when im busy at work, they somehow pick a bit of interest in it seeing how much it worth.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

My fiance’ knows about it and is still marrying me, so I got that going for me, which is nice.

In all seriousness though, I’d say she more than tolerates and even somewhat supports it. She ordered the 5.5 He-Ro and Eldor for me, and always has nice compliments when I do custom paint jobs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife knew I've been into toys for a long time so is okay with it as long as I can fit everything into the storage cupboards, but has wondered why all of the characters are so muscular. I tell her it's because Eternia is a dangerous place!

My daughter doesn't care much for the toys, but loves reading the bios on the card backs (especially keen on what each character's real name is) and the mini comics (mostly the She-Ra ones).

My wife’s very cool with it, but makes me clear up the house when things get out of control. She was instrumental in setting up my music/toy room. She never complains about what I spend.

She’s the only ones that know though. None of my family or friends know I collect toys, I’m firmly in the closet. I suspect that says more about me than them.

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post

https://i.imgur.com/8oPqz3U.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/pnDMz7x.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/64sWvn5.jpg
    You really do bring stories to life, I was already picturing your mom’s Portuguese accent in my head! Magoo sounds like an amazing person. I know you’ve told the story before on RGD, of you coming home and all the figures were holding up these signs. For some reason I just have this image in my head of Him proposing to you in that way too

They’re beautiful memories and it’s so nice to see how you cherish them. I am sorry you lost your husband so young, but it does make me happy just getting this sense of how good the times were that you shared with him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gman View Post
    My wife’s very cool with it, but makes me clear up the house when things get out of control. She was instrumental in setting up my music/toy room. She never complains about what I spend.

She’s the only ones that know though. None of my family or friends know I collect toys, I’m firmly in the closet. I suspect that says more about me than them.

I don’t hide my ‘collecting’ or anything and I guess my friends ‘know’, but it’s not something any of them have really shown any interest in. I think it’s less common here as it is in the US, don’t get me wrong plenty of people collect toys. But I can’t really think of anyone that I didn’t meet through collecting, that actually collects toys.

My mom thinks it’s a waste of money (eventhough almost everything I have or have ever owned has increased or at least retained it’s value, bar a few exceptons. I don’t think my dad really knows, or spends much time thinking about it (they’re divorced). My cousin collects Lego so he does get it (Hey, I guess I do know someone!) and my aunt (his mom) and sisters kind of get it I think? Again I don’t really think they think too much about it. For my nieces and nephews it’s fun I would imagine as I always get them cool toys for their birthdays, I know or at least try to find out what they’re in to and try to gift them something from that. Be ause I know how most adults suck at gift giving I love seeing their faces light up after opening the gifts, knowing you got it right. Viacarious childhood joy I guess you could call it?
    Interested in the following loose Classics figures: Ram Man, Griffin, Mekaneck, 200x King Hisss and figure stands (prefer Snake Mountain stands)!

Contact me per PM or my razzerian@gmail.com

Looking to pre-order Snake Mountain? Check out this thread to see where you can do so! Found a new retailer selling it, drop a line in said thread to add it to the list.

With how genre content is so accepted now [Marvel, GoT, DC] now is the time. I keep hearing Queen's "I Want To Break Free" when reading your post.

Quote Originally Posted by gman View Post

"I feel the best when I can't remember anything."

Quote Originally Posted by Spikor1982 View Post
    With how genre content is so accepted now [Marvel, GoT, DC] now is the time. I keep hearing Queen's "I Want To Break Free" when reading your post.
    Haha I know, but my wife and I don’t have kids, so all my friends think we’re wierdos already.

Coincidentally, one of my wife’s work colleagues is also a secret collector (Star Wars), and he drunkenly outed himself to his friends one night, and showed them his secret cupboard. Apparently it was a weird experience, and one that he wouldn’t necessarily repeat

I have friends staying next month, and they’ve not been to visit since my collecting got out of control, and is now difficult to hide. So we’ll see

Court Magician
    Pretty much everyone I know is aware that I collect toys and VHS tapes and a bunch of other stuff. Everyone is very supportive. I often get toys and VHS tapes as gifts from my wife, family, and co-workers.

Everyone in my camp are supportive.. they love it and think it great..

My wife is all over it.. helps my find stuff... she can be crazier than me and sometimes want be to buy doubles and triples of figures...

She collect barbies and has over 1000 pairs of shoes... so she get is..

All my pals are into something cool or sub-cultured ( no squares )... some friends collect records, vhs, tee shirts or posters ( im the only toy guy) tho we are all into odd ball movies... we are a big group that has been solid since elementary and Jr high school, and we hang almost every weekend fro drinks and flicks

I try to get some of of my movie friends into buying the occasional movie toy here and there.
    "The worst horror movie i saw last year...was the best movie i saw last year"- Stephan King

Before we were married, my wife to be was supportive of my toy collecting. She even looked for stuff at Target/Wal-Mart she knew I was looking for. If she found vintage Star Wars, GI*JOE, Transformers, etc. at a yard sale she’d pick it up for me. One year for my birthday she got me a vintage Star Wars Power of the Force Storm Trooper Luke.

...Then we got married...

Within the first year, she said she was sick of hearing about toys and never wants to hear me speak about them again. She buys all the crap she wants but fusses if I spend even a few bucks on a toy. She has thrown toys away. She has taken toys back to the store. She actually fussed that I spent a gift card I got as a gift on toys for myself because she wanted to use it for herself. When she wanted to clear up some space, she put 2 boxes of toys outside in the shed where they were exposed to extreme temperatures for 2 years until I found them. One of those boxes contained all my 200X MOTU figures.

My kids got into the Filmation He-Man and She-Ra cartoons when they were young. But they didn’t express much interest in the toys.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Love hearing these little stories, especially Penny's. Very touching.

This is a really cool topic and I think it lets some people get a few things off their chest. Collecting is such a personal hobby and although there are family and friends who think these collections are really cool, at the same time, many family members and friends are very wishy washy about it. That's why these communities are so important.

Well, as far as my family goes, my wife is supportive of my collection but she also knows what the figures cost and knows we need that money for higher priority things. She's right, too. It really is no joke that you have to have "money" to be a collector now days. I get most of my figures once a year when we get our income tax. Other than that, it has to be a really good deal...like ridiculous good enough for me to justify buying it and not feel bad about it. I have 2 boys and a girl as well and I don't think I need to go any further with that for all of you who have kids. They are 12, 10 and 7 years old and they all think my collection is cool to some extent but they don't have a huge interest. I do let them play with them first when I get the figures and open them up. They play for about 5 minutes and then they lose interest but I make sure they know who the main MOTU characters are.

My mother kind of supports me. She was actually responsible for that very last Club Eternia shipment back in 2015 (it was my Christmas present from her) and I was so grateful because there were a lot of the vintage figures in that shipment. She also got me Jitsu and Night Stalker for Christmas a couple years ago. I mean she started my interest in the first place when I was 5 years old and she knew it was my absolute favorite collection but since I'm almost 42 now, she sometimes has the attitude that since I'm an adult, why do I still have an interest with these toys. It's more because I have a family now and other things are more important.

I can't afford all these toys but I can afford some of them and I'll just have to be thankful for what I have.
    Last edited by Palazzolor; May 13, 2019 at 10:52am.

Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    My son and daughter are totally into it (they're 2 and 4 years old respectively). They know the basics of the lore, and they're an important part of their everyday life. For my son, He-man is on top of his preferences for cartoons and toys, together wth other more contemporary things. My daughter supports but is starting to be more enthusiastic with more girly things, however she thinks of herself as a collector since she's careful with Classics figures.

My brother never got into collecting MOTU, he was more a Star Wars guy, but he appreciates the coolness of Classics figures, and he's my customizer when I need paint jobs, accessories, repairs, etc.

Mom is supportive and has helped me to package, classify, identify and care my figures every time I've needed to move. She doesn't understand that much about the characters and the mythos, but she knows is important for me.

My friends... wait a minute, what friends? Ok, next...

My wife... My collection are just a waste of money and they steal precious space from our reduced apartment. She dreams of me selling all that. For Christmas, birthdays and other special ocassions we use to ask each other what we want for gifts. I always ask for MOTUC stuff, I never get any, she prefers giving me an expensive shirt I will never wear.
    Wish list of MOTUC figures: Sagitar, Red Beast, Red Shadow, Red Knight, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar

Evil Sorcerer & Commander Zargon's Avatar
    At best, I'd say my wife tolerates it.
    My son thought it was cool for a while (even collected some himself) until just before going to college, getting engaged, etc....
    My brother & nephew-in-law seem to really enjoy it when they get the chance to see it.
    My granddaughter & grandson seem to really like it; especially her.
    My twin (adult) daughters and everyone else seem very indifferent.
    Last edited by Zargon; May 13, 2019 at 05:51pm.
    Top MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither, Tuvar & Baddrah 2-pack, "new" characters as designed by Axor (Axel)

Some very sweet and at least one infuriating story here...

My wife thinks it’s cool. I do customs, and she can’t tell the difference between ones I’ve customized vs stock figures, which is cool I suppose. But then she’ll show my collection to a guest and she goes “and he made ALL THESE” which makes me feel like a fraud lol.

Sometimes she’ll make a comment like “and how much did these toys cost us?” And I’ll counter with “about half as much as your business has cost us” and we laugh and go about our lives. It’s a joking thing, not a serious thing.

I include her in the collection, so it feels in some small way like an “us” thing. She cherishes the custom Peekablue I made to represent her (she loves peacocks), and the year that the Seahawks played the Broncos in the Super Bowl, I made a Russel Wilson riding a My Little Pony done up in Broncos colors. She’s a big Seahawks fan so she loved that.
    Last edited by hadley; May 13, 2019 at 11:48am.

My wife recently brought this up with me: Why do you collect action figures? She doesn't get it. She knows I will never sell them, so it's not an investment. And they just sit displayed on the wall or shelf in my closet, so why bother? But she does not get mad since I budget them: I tutor privately once a week and I use those funds for action figure money ($80/hour). It's only one hour a week so it does not take too much time away from the family. She states that if it makes you happy, then do it, as long as it's in moderation.

My kids are all teenagers and they don't care one way or the other. They might buy me a figure for my birthday or whatever. They grew up with it so to them it is not out of the ordinary.

My friends and family know of it and it does not phase them as well
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Interesting thread! I’ve really enjoyed reading through it. My oldest brother and his wife both were fans back in the 80’s and they are mildly interested but think it’s a bit much. My other siblings think it’s very weird and nerdy. My parents don’t really know about my collection but they are on the other side of the country. Most of my friends are not into it and think I’m such a weirdo for having so much. I hear “40 year old virgin” a lot when people see it for the first time because when they see all these toys still in their packaging that’s their only reference. As for guys I’ve dated, it’s been a mixed bag of reactions. Some think it’s awesome and others ... not so much!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2019!!!

Inspector Darkney Master Sebrian Gleep Spyster Admiral Scurvey Squall Starburst She-Ra ScratchinSound Catra Grot Caz Drissi Crystal Moonbeam/Sun Dancer Meliac NA Adam Chef Allen Songster Scrollos Kowla Red Eye Brightmoon Palace Guards

What a fun topic!

I only started collecting within the last few years, but my husband probably wasn’t too surprised when I started. He teases me occasionally, but he generally puts up with it and is okay with the toys being in our bedroom. He’ll also look on Facebook marketplace or Craigslist for me.

My daughter doesn’t say a whole lot, but she grew up being exposed to He-Man and She-Ra (she’s dressed up as She-Ra twice so far for Halloween, in second and ninth grades). She has her own fandoms she’s into, so we sometimes have discussions related to hers and mine. I was always the mom who loved buying her toys for Christmas...it was as much fun for me as it was for her. I finally stopped trying to be “normal” and started buying what I wanted to for myself.

My family? I’m not sure my parents really understand. My younger sister just thinks it’s funny.

My friends? I don’t really make a big public deal about collecting toys or liking a cartoon, but if you come to my house I’m going to show you my collection. I have several Funko pint size heroes on my desk at work. But for me, it feels more “acceptable” to be a male adult collector than a female adult collector.

Last edited by Despara; May 13, 2019 at 04:18pm.

My 5 1/2 year old daughter loves it. She helps me work on displays and clean the hobby room. She really seems to love MOTU (her middle name is Adora, so I'm glad she digs it) and she even has her own small collection so far. It's been a really fun way to spend time together.

While my wife doesn't collect MOTU stuff, she has always been supportive of my hobbies and seems to genuinely like some of the stuff. She'll absolutely watch through most of the cartoons and the film and actually used to always listen to Roast Goobe Dinner pretty often, too.

My parents have also always been supportive of my hobby and are pretty good at locating stuff at stores. They are always out and about and if there is an item at a retail store they find they'll check if I need it and pick it up for me.

My wife's parents even think it's a fun, unique quirk as well.

My friends sometimes are shocked but all of them are into nerd stuff, so they dig it. Most of them are more interested in my other collections but the MOTU stuff is easily the biggest and most impressive.
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

When I first started dating my (future) wife, I had my own home, and in my home office I had a small set of shelves full of 200x figures. I was literally scared to show it to her for fear that her reaction would be, "Goodbye, man-child." When she finally saw it, she chuckled, asked a couple of questions, then attempted to see how many characters she remembered from childhood. So I kept her.

Fast-forward to today when I have nearly 200 MOTUC figures in a room that's heavily MOTU-themed. While my wife isn't really "into" MOTU, she appreciates my hobby and likes how I have my collection room set up. She and my (10-year-old) son are the only people who ever go in there besides me. The room isn't really in the main part of the house; it's rather secluded on the other side of an old garage that we only use for storage. My son doesn't really have an opinion of it. He'll occasionally take a figure down and play with it (carefully), but mostly he'd rather read or play video games.

The only other people who've ever set foot in the room are my parents because my dad built the shelves for me. They asked some questions about the collection when they saw it all set up, but otherwise I don't think they really think about it or have an opinion about it at all. Out of sight, out of mind. And I don't really talk MOTU with my friends. I don't think they'd understand it, and really, I kind of like keeping my hobby to myself. I don't want anyone soiling my feelings toward MOTU by mocking it or questioning why I like it so much. That room is my refuge. And I like keeping it that way.

Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

What a great thread! Such a pleasure to read others’ real life situations beyond just the normal conversations. My partner is ok with it. He supported me when I first started collecting vintage ThunderCats about 7 years ago, then 3 years ago when I began my MOTUC collection he was ok with it too. I’ve bought and sold some figures through the years and he’s been at awe at how much people are willing to pay for stuff. He knows SM is coming up but clearly not the cost - considering shipping to South Africa if I had to have it shipped via a US recipient. But he is curious when I get new MOTUC and he has watched many episodes with me. My folks, brother, sister (and her kids) as well as my 91 year old gran are all intrigued. I’ve always been the arty farty one in the family, and the crazy one too, so they know I’m the weirdo. But they never say anything negative. Because we live like 8 hours from each other they always come to my office where the collection is on display when they visit to see what’s new. That is a nice feeling and I’ve been gifted one or two by my folks. My partner no longer buys me birthday gifts but gives me the money to buy what I want; which is great. At least he knows he doesn’t know the figures I want but he does know I want something specific so when it does arrive I make sure to show him what he got me.

I’m really sorry to read about those of you whom have had been made to feel that this hobby is a waste of money and time (and space). Many people just don’t get it - be glad though; if they all did exclusives would’ve been sold out in milliseconds....

Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    Before we were married, my wife to be was supportive of my toy collecting. She even looked for stuff at Target/Wal-Mart she knew I was looking for. If she found vintage Star Wars, GI*JOE, Transformers, etc. at a yard sale she’d pick it up for me. One year for my birthday she got me a vintage Star Wars Power of the Force Storm Trooper Luke.

...Then we got married...

Within the first year, she said she was sick of hearing about toys and never wants to hear me speak about them again. She buys all the crap she wants but fusses if I spend even a few bucks on a toy. She has thrown toys away. She has taken toys back to the store. She actually fussed that I spent a gift card I got as a gift on toys for myself because she wanted to use it for herself. When she wanted to clear up some space, she put 2 boxes of toys outside in the shed where they were exposed to extreme temperatures for 2 years until I found them. One of those boxes contained all my 200X MOTU figures.

My kids got into the Filmation He-Man and She-Ra cartoons when they were young. But they didn’t express much interest in the toys.
    Wow. I would be very upset if my wife did that. Every person has a hobby. Some people collect sports stuff, buy old cars to restore, hunting, fishing, golfing, etc. We collect action figures. Not sure what to tell you, but you guys have some things to work out.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."