Page 78 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 2224

Thread: Netflix's Masters of the Universe Film - Official Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by GranamyrGreen View Post
    Personally im not really interested in a Live Action Master of the Universe Show were there explicit sex scene and beheadings. People complain about Evil Lyn kissing Skeletor Teeth and Dry Humping him. Wait until there totally naked and bonking. Frankly i think Masters of the Universe work best in Animation.
    Even though people have gotten their fare share of violence in shows like GOT, I'm pretty sure Mattel wouldn't want that level of violence in a movie based on one of their products. I could see something being made to a PG-13 level, but I'm pretty sure Mattel would want people to bring their kids to see, so they could sell toys.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Call Your Champion Voodoo Magic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GranamyrGreen View Post
    Personally im not really interested in a Live Action Master of the Universe Show were there explicit sex scene and beheadings. People complain about Evil Lyn kissing Skeletor Teeth and Dry Humping him. Wait until there totally naked and bonking. Frankly i think Masters of the Universe work best in Animation.
    I totally get this position...

* I laughed out loud when I got to the "naked and bonking" part.
    - - - - -
    FOR ETERNIA Podcast
    Masters of the Universe Podcast

ForEternia.com
    Masters of the Universe: Revelation Fan Site

- - - - -

Heroic Warrior
    Adam Nee responded to a post on IG yesterday to someone who wants to be cast as He-Man:

Screenshot 2021-12-05 at 17-40-39 Adam Nee ( adamnee) is on Instagram.png

He also confirms the film is happening. As I said, this post was from the 4th December. So there you have it. He-Man is cast. Probably that fella we've been talking about for the last couple of pages. I guess Netflix will announce it when they're ready. Don't know what the hold up is, as as of now it is the worst kept secret that they have the rights to make the live-action film. Guessing they have some sort of master plan. Maybe they're waiting for all the main roles to be cast, and then to drop it all at once. Would create quite the hoo-hah. Netflix actually do that quite often.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Adam Nee responded to a post on IG yesterday to someone who wants to be cast as He-Man:

He also confirms the film is happening. As I said, this post was from the 4th December. So there you have it. He-Man is cast. Probably that fella we've been talking about for the last couple of pages. I guess Netflix will announce it when they're ready. Don't know what the hold up is, as as of now it is the worst kept secret that they have the rights to make the live-action film. Guessing they have some sort of master plan. Maybe they're waiting for all the main roles to be cast, and then to drop it all at once. Would create quite the hoo-hah. Netflix actually do that quite often.
    Awesome! Thanks for the update.

He-man and the Masters of the Universe sure is in the news a lot the last year or so. It's awesome !!!

Fingers crossed that we get a press release in 2021.

Disney/Hulu tried their best to keep the new upcoming Predator film "Prey" secret, with their official announcement made after principal photography was completed. Word got out though. Another worst kept secret, finally officially announced on Disney Plus Day.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    - - - - -
    FOR ETERNIA Podcast

ForEternia.com

- - - - -

A film-related MOTU entry recently appeared in the Copyright database. It's for a copyright quitclaim.

Click here and search for "Masters of the Universe Other" without the quotation marks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    A film-related MOTU entry recently appeared in the Copyright database. It's for a copyright quitclaim.

Click here and search for "Masters of the Universe Other" without the quotation marks.
    A quitclaim is when you transfer copyright from one party to another, right? Hmm.
    - - - - -
    FOR ETERNIA Podcast

ForEternia.com

- - - - -

Heroic Warrior
    So what I get from that is Sony Pictures (Columbia Pictures) have transferred it over to Netflix. Correct-ish?

Screenshot 2021-12-08 at 18-01-53 WebVoyage Record View 1.png

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Magic View Post
    A quitclaim is when you transfer copyright from one party to another, right? Hmm.
    A quitclaim is a deed of assignment. It is when one party assigns its exclusive rights to another. In this case, Columbia Pictures is transferring its license to produce a film based on Masters of the Universe to Netflix.

Heroic Warrior
    Do you think this could be one of the reasons why Netflix never made an official announcement? The word that they were making the MOTU movie came at the beginning of last year, and others and I found it curious that they never made an official statement, even though many crew members (even Adam Nee) pretty much confirmed it to be the case. When it says Date of Execution Jun2020, does that mean when the ball got rolling so to speak? And when it says Date of Recordation 2021-11-23, is that the date of the completion? Maybe Netflix have been waiting for this to go through?

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Do you think this could be one of the reasons why Netflix never made an official announcement? The word that they were making the MOTU movie came at the beginning of last year, and others and I found it curious that they never made an official statement, even though many crew members (even Adam Nee) pretty much confirmed it to be the case. When it says Date of Execution Jun2020, does that mean when the ball got rolling so to speak? And when it says Date of Recordation 2021-11-23, is that the date of the completion? Maybe Netflix have been waiting for this to go through?
    The date of execution is the date when the quitclaim was submitted. The date of recordation is the date when the copyright office received the necessary documents and fees to complete the transfer.

Heroic Warrior
    I guess this could explain then why Netflix have been so quiet, although that is their usual MO. As my previous posts have shown, the film has proceeded apace under Netflix, even though no announcements have been made. Hopefully with this now seemingly close to completion, we may hear things in the New Year.

Widget
    WOW....these are some great updates. Although the many years of development hell leave me apprehensive of getting too excited, I'm feeling good about this actually happening this time. Fingers crossed! On the flip side, I've waited years for other projects and been massively disappointed when it actually came to fruition.

Heroic Warrior
    Ooohh, one of the working titles is ADAM, I...kind of like that.

Full steam ahead.... Begin the march of the snails

The main stream audience will need a fresh start to the brand. The fans need to take WHATEVER cannon mash up they get. The agendists need to take a hike and let the classic story be retold in a new and interesting take.

Masters of the Universe appears in the latest issue of Production Weekly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Masters of the Universe appears in the latest issue of Production Weekly.
    Hot damn! That means this is a done deal and they're casting. Production Weekly is the real deal folks.

I have a friend in the industry who subscribes to this. I'll ask him for the details.
    - - - - -
    FOR ETERNIA Podcast

ForEternia.com

- - - - -

Hot damn! That means this is a done deal and they're casting. Production Weekly is the real deal folks.

I have a friend in the industry who subscribes to this. I'll ask him for the details.
    Don't get too excited. This wouldn't be the first time, I believe.
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

Quote Originally Posted by ehenyo View Post
    Don't get too excited. This wouldn't be the first time, I believe.
    That's true. It happened once before in 2019 where filming was slated to begin that Summer in Prague for Sony. And news broke everywhere because of it, because Production Weekly was legit. Sure any studio exec in charge can pull a film's plug before filming. But if it's in PW, then it's officially on the studio's schedule and not speculation. So Woot!

- - - Updated - - -

I heard back. According to the info in Production Weekly, filming is slated to begin this June in New Mexico.
    - - - - -
    FOR ETERNIA Podcast

ForEternia.com

- - - - -

Heroic Warrior
    That's true. It happened once before in 2019 where filming was slated to begin that Summer in Prague for Sony. And news broke everywhere because of it, because Production Weekly was legit. Sure any studio exec in charge can pull a film's plug before filming. But if it's in PW, then it's officially on the studio's schedule and not speculation. So Woot!

- - - Updated - - -

I heard back. According to the info in Production Weekly, filming is slated to begin this June in New Mexico.
    That‘s not far away

Double thumbs up.

The Wrap recently spoke with Ynon Kreiz and he had this to say about the MOTU film:

“It’s progressing, but we can’t give you anything more at this point.”
    https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...202237311.html

Absolutely awesome, I can't wait!
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)