Page 53 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 1378

Thread: Netflix's Masters of the Universe Film - Official Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    I recommend everyone go and watch the videos posted in Adam Nee's latest IG post. Could do with a bit of levity in these horrible times. Funny stuff:

https://www.instagram.com/adamnee/

Did you see Samantha Newark's reimagined JEM PSA?

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-F-8s5jRAE/
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post

Haha. That's a good one, too.

Netflix just announced it is making a live-action movie of Dragon's Lair with Ryan Reynolds... I'm curious if this or MOTU will come out first.

Who knows? Even with all the problems right now, I'm guessing MOTU. That seems much further along, pretty much raring to go. Dragon Lair, however, seems to be just beginning the script phase.

Another thing I was wondering, though, is that during Toyfair, when the Mattel CEO mentioned an additional partner with Sony Pictures as part of "a new structure" (who we know is Netflix), he said we’d know more in "the coming weeks". I'm guessing it was to be part of an official announcement by Netflix, or something like that. I wonder if that has been put on the backburner for now? I'm guessing so.
    Last edited by Krueger; March 27, 2020 at 09:03pm.

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Netflix just announced it is making a live-action movie of Dragon's Lair with Ryan Reynolds... I'm curious if this or MOTU will come out first.
    OMG!!

That is a match made in heaven!!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post

Oh boy, I love her voice so much, she still sounds the same.

- - - Updated - - -

I recommend everyone go and watch the videos posted in Adam Nee's latest IG post. Could do with a bit of levity in these horrible times. Funny stuff:

https://www.instagram.com/adamnee/
    I wasn't prepared to find out that Adam Nee is so good-looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris85 View Post
    I wasn't prepared to find out that Adam Nee is so good-looking.
    He's an actor, too.

He'd make a good Mekaneck.

Widget
    I hope he also participates in the cast of the film like Taika Waititi as Korg in Thor Ragnarok.

Dynasty Masters Universe DynastyMasters's Avatar
    I'm getting very anxious!
    DYNASTY AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE
    http://www.dynastyandthemastersofthe...e.blogspot.com

I'm slowly making peace with the whole Netflix thing. Just look at how a white trash POS like Joe Exotic became a celebrity overnight by way of Tiger King. Everyone is suddenly talking about this show. Netflix has serious clout as an entertainment body. As long as the MOTU film is done well, it could generate a lot of buzz and therefore success, even without hitting big screen theatres. The Witcher is another recent example. The Covid-19 pandemic is yet another nail in the coffin for theatres as well.

. . . . . . . . . .
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

I don't know why I bothered watching that garbage, but just two minutes of it and I'm like "yeah, 'fans' are just as bad for you as government updates, in regards to one's mental health."

When "pretty" people become "normal" people and "let themselves go" there's a problem....not I've seen plenty of unrecognizable people, especially when they're not wearing makeup or grow facial hair. So, he's gained a little weight and grew a "beard"..... we've been taking it easy for the last few months. My summer body is last years model, and it's got some miles on it
    I suppose if he showed up in some video with his eyes sunken in, rambling and catatonic, looking like he was 90lbs, definitely concerning, but he just looks like someone whose taken a few months off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I think I've shortened my lifespan by about nine minutes after watching 18 seconds of that. God knows what the full 4 minutes would take off.

WTF!!?? No actor in the history of film has EVER gained weight, lost weight, or looked a little unkempt!! It has NEVER happened!! He is a complete disgrace!!

BTW, I'm not even defending Noah, because he doesn't need me ( a nobody ) to defend him. And I don't really care about the movie anymore. But this is just silly....is everybody at home on lockdown walking around looking like an Olympic level athelete with perfect mental health??
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; May 6, 2020 at 12:13pm.
    Odd Man Out

This is more interesting

Mattel Posts Revenue Miss With First-Quarter Earnings

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...source=twitter

The toy maker, led by CEO Ynon Kreiz, withdrew its 2020 guidance due to uncertainty around the COVID-19 crisis.

Mattel, battling rival Hasbro in making toy-based movies, on Tuesday posted first-quarter earnings that missed on earnings and overall revenues.

The company posted an adjusted loss per share of 56 cents, compared to a year-earlier loss of 42 cents per share, on overall revenues of $594 million, down 14 percent from $689.2 million in 2019.

Wall Street analysts forecast the toy maker would post a loss per share of 41 cents, on total revenue at $640 million. Mattel said it has withdrawn its 2020 guidance due to uncertainty around the coronavirus pandemic.

The company also reported a widened first-quarter operating loss of $149.8 million, compared to a year-earlier operating loss of $127.1 million. Toy sales fell during the first quarter, including for Toy Story 4 merchandise after its Hollywood movie launch.

Mattel in a statement said it had sufficient liquidity, including cash on hand and access to $1.6 billion senior secured revolving credit facilities, "to effectively manage through COVID-19 disruption and to continue to execute strategy."

Company execs on an analyst call were expected to also address the Mattel Film division and its toy-to-film adaptations of IP like Barbie, Hot Wheels, Masters of the Universe and View-Master.

Master of New Adventures!
    For the foreseeable future, the entertainment industry is toast -- nothing in production, no films, no pilots, no studio or network taking pitches because everyone is working from home and theaters are going to fold. Three weeks after states 're-open', any of the hundreds of millions of people that were staying at home and were healthy will become infected and Coronavirus will spike, causing everyone to be forced to shelter in place all over again. This beast is over when there's a vaccine and, with testing, that will take twelve months to a year. (Anyone feel like letting a doc stick a needle in you without a vaccine being thoroughly tested?)

Bottom line, along with the rest of the world, the film is on indefinite hold. Take a breath, hug your loved ones and try to get through it. Life will return to semi-normal. Just not any time soon.

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    For the foreseeable future, the entertainment industry is toast -- nothing in production, no films, no pilots, no studio or network taking pitches because everyone is working from home and theaters are going to fold. Three weeks after states 're-open', any of the hundreds of millions of people that were staying at home and were healthy will become infected and Coronavirus will spike, causing everyone to be forced to shelter in place all over again. This beast is over when there's a vaccine and, with testing, that will take twelve months to a year.
    Glad someone else is taking COVID-19 as seriously as I am.

Anyhow, I also agree that with the movie industry on hold, a MOTU movie isn't going to move out of pre-production any time soon.
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Creator of Kaiju Kaos.

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    This is more interesting
    I listened to this conference call yesterday and there was nothing really interesting said about film projects and partnerships. Ynon just talked about the delays due to COVID-19. If I'm recalling correctly, only the Minions film was mentioned.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Quote Originally Posted by baileyrecords View Post
    Glad someone else is taking COVID-19 as seriously as I am.

Anyhow, I also agree that with the movie industry on hold, a MOTU movie isn't going to move out of pre-production any time soon.

Yes, the problem is that most people don't understand that COVID-19 is not declining. It is simply being contained and there is a big difference between the two. I get the horrible ecumenic toll this has taken on so many people, but COVID-19 isn't going to just go aways because we're all staying at home and wearing masks when we go out. That's not how it works. It's lurking, waiting to come down like Thor's hammer as soon as we all 'return to normal' and start hanging out and celebrating because we go a couple of weeks without it spiking because we're just in the incubation stage. And that's coming from a former USAF Parajumper Aerospace Medic who knows what he's talking about. Let people go to the beaches and restaurants and how long do you really think they're going to maintain social distancing? Can you see 40,000 students at a university walking around with masks and not having keggers and, shall we say, 'socializing'?

Within a month after that many of those previously unaffected re-open society, they will contract it and spread it in numbers that make what we just went through look like a cakewalk. Read up on what R0 -- that's R-naught -- means and, as that's the only true model, you'll get it. This may not necessarily be a bad thing -- this herd infection model -- as we either need a vaccine or large parts of society to become infected and end up (hopefully) with immunity. And once grades K-8 and colleges go back to school in the fall and they get sick and bring the virus back to their parents ad give it to their older teachers, it will spread further. But if we decide we want to stay the course and just let out surge, it means dealing with that loss of life. They alternative, and mark my words, is people are going to freak if the government tells them they have to go back to sheltering in place and restaurants close down once more, with millions more throw into unemployment.

Two schools of medicine are currently battling behind the scenes -- the one that's saying to let everyone get COVID-19 and most will end up being stuck at home for a week or two, while tragically writing off many of the elderly and essential workers, or wait a year or a year and a half for a vaccine and have the economy tank with fewer lives lost. It's a helluva choice.

Forgive me for digressing there. But to come full circle, you're right that the MOTU movie and ALL movies aren't going to move into production any time soon. Can you imagine the challenges of having actors and crew twelve feet away from each other on the sets? (The six-foot rule was BS btw.) I'm glad I'm working from home on development projects, writing series bibles and pilot episodes and raising capital for new shows. But I'd sure like to get back into production and I know many orgers want to get back to work and my thoughts and sincere prayers are with all those who are affected and, in some cases, tragically impacted. If ever there was a situation for which the phrase Catch-22 was coined for, this is it. Somewhere Joseph Heller is smiling and crying at the same time.

This is what the CEO said specifically about their film output:

We have also made progress on our mid- to long-term strategy to capture the full value of our IP. We are actively advancing the projects underway and expect to have more announcements soon. The film industry has also been impacted by the COVID-19 disruption with production delays and changes in release schedules by all major studios, and we are currently working with our partners to assess the timing implications.
    So nothing terribly surprising there. Basically, its what we all expected. Covid-19 has put the sleeper hold on He-Man (as well as everything else). For now. The good thing is that MOTU will be going to Netflix, so theatrical release isn't a problem. It’s just getting the bloody thing filmed. All this may actually work to MOTU's benefit. Netflix have thrived because of the lockdown (although when it comes towards the end of the year and the start of next year, I can't imagine they'll have much new content, as nothing is filming right now). I think the window between theatrical release and VOD release is narrowing by the year. The whole Netflix thing makes more sense now than ever.

In other non-depressing news that some of you may appreciate, Adam Nee recently made an IG story thanking Ironhead Studio for a face-mask they sent him. In the video, he also confirms they're working on MOTU. For anyone who doesn't know, Ironhead Studio has worked on a lot of the MCU films in the costume department, as well as numerous others. They basically make costumes, as well as many other things, but that's the bare basics. Ann Foley (the costume designer) also posted it on her IG story. I think the MCU connection gives us an idea of the aesthetic they may be going for.

https://www.instagram.com/ironhead_studio/

http://ironheadstudio.com/film/
    Last edited by Krueger; May 6, 2020 at 07:40pm.

This is what the CEO said specifically about their film output:

So nothing terribly surprising there. Basically, its what we all expected. Covid-19 has put the sleeper hold on He-Man (as well as everything else). For now. The good thing is that MOTU will be going to Netflix, so theatrical release isn't a problem. It’s just getting the bloody thing filmed. All this may actually work to MOTU's benefit. Netflix have thrived because of the lockdown (although when it comes towards the end of the year and the start of next year, I can't imagine they'll have much new content, as nothing is filming right now). I think the window between theatrical release and VOD release is narrowing by the year. The whole Netflix thing makes more sense now than ever.

In other non-depressing news that some of you may appreciate, Adam Nee recently made an IG story thanking Ironhead Studio for a face-mask they sent him. In the video, he also confirms they're working on MOTU. For anyone who doesn't know, Ironhead Studio has worked on a lot of the MCU films in the costume department, as well as numerous others. They basically make costumes, as well as many other things, but that's the bare basics. Ann Foley (the costume designer) also posted it on her IG story. I think the MCU connection gives us an idea of the aesthetic they may be going for.

https://www.instagram.com/ironhead_studio/

http://ironheadstudio.com/film/

Good-freaking-luck with getting it filmed! Can't wait to see a battle between He-man and Skeletor standing nine feet apart from each other.

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    This is more interesting ...
    Wait, wait, wait,... you mean to tell me that COVID-19 has put View-Master, probably the greatest piece of film to ever be made, on hold?!?!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    !!!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

I’d rather get more MOTUC figures.
    Danielsan52

Most wanted Classics figures:
    Stretch Neck, Vypor, Sharella, Secret Liquid of Life Teela, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Princess Rana, Golden Rod/Aramesh, RoboWoman, Prince Dakon, Shezar, NA Sorceress, Ultimate Goddess, Lt. Andra