Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 545535455
Results 1,351 to 1,361 of 1361

Thread: Netflix's Masters of the Universe Film - Official Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by ehenyo View Post
    You guys are missing the point. If he's gained weight (not muscle weight), it's because he's not training to be He-Man. Even with SIP, I imagine that he'd keep up his routine at home. Why he's not training adds questions about what's going within this movie, despite COVID-19.
    In all honesty, what do you want him to do? Gyms are not open. Unless he's got a home gym (he hasn't, clearly, as he actually lives with his sister and brother-in-law), there isn't really much serious training he can do. MOTU was scheduled to start filming in September. For obvious reasons, it seems like that's no longer the case. There's no need to cast doubt on the film's status, because we all know what's going on. Adam Nee was very honest from day one. I'll quote his tweet once again when the lockdown began and someone asked him if he's still working on He-Man: Yes we are, but this pandemic is pausing everything and will push most productions substantially. Stay tuned. There you have it. At the moment, there's not really much else to say.

Also, talking about when film and TV shows can start shooting again. Well, the British government has given to go-ahead for TV and film productions to start filming again in the UK, and Czech Republic (which is where MOTU will apprently be filming) is also doing the same, with international crews. So things like The Batman and a couple of the Marvel TV shows will be starting up again soon. Will be interesting to see what happens how and when.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...r_breakingnews

https://deadline.com/2020/05/uk-film...an-1202931107/
    Last edited by Krueger; May 13, 2020 at 11:22am.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    In all honesty, what do you want him to do? Gyms are not open. Unless he's got a home gym (he hasn't, clearly, as he actually lives with his sister and brother-in-law), there isn't really much serious training he can do. MOTU was scheduled to start filming in September. For obvious reasons, it seems like that's no longer the case. There's no need to cast doubt on the film's status, because we all know what's going on. Although, I do think you could have used a better source than a gossip video aimed at fourteen year old girls. Adam Nee was very honest from day one. I'll quote his tweet once again when the lockdown began and someone asked him if he's still working on He-Man: Yes we are, but this pandemic is pausing everything and will push most productions substantially. Stay tuned. There you have it. At the moment, there's not really much else to say.

Also, talking about when film and TV shows can start shooting again. Well, the British government has given to go-ahead for TV and film productions to start filming again in the UK, and Czech Republic (which is where MOTU will apprently be filming) is also doing the same, with international crews. So things like The Batman and a couple of the Marvel TV shows will be starting up again soon. Will be interesting to see what happens how and when.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...r_breakingnews

https://deadline.com/2020/05/uk-film...an-1202931107/
    It's Czechia.

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    It's Czechia.
    Is that not the same place? Czechia is just the short-form name.

Is that not the same place? Czechia is just the short-form name.
    Yeah, they're the same place. Apparently, the Czech Republic officially changed its name in 2016 to Czechia, but it's failed to catch on by all accounts.
    Check out my Masters of the Universe cartoon review site at https://hemanmotu.wordpress.com/!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris85 View Post
    Olesker's take on the industry and its future was super interesting to read. I think about the effect coronavirus has on television and movies quite often: abridged seasons, how many shows will be cancelled, massive delays, budget cuts, new filming rules and restrictions and so on. The industry will definitely not be the same.
    I think about it a lot, too.

Things may not go back to 'normal' for years! Heck....it's likely to never go back to what it was before....especially with movie theaters closing.
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; May 13, 2020 at 01:37pm.
    Odd Man Out

Guys, let's stay away from politics as that is Tar Swamp material. Thanks.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    It's Czechia.
    Here we say Tschechen

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by motogp_fanatic View Post
    And Noah had that injury right plus I saw some headline his relationship to his long time girlfriend ended.. Well lots of time to be in shape when the movie direction is certain, right?

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk

Noah yeah. Tjat was his Name. Thanks

https://deadline.com/2020/05/bbc-res...rs-1202934410/
    "It will mean that crews are set to be “strictly limited,” Moore said, explaining that cast will have to do their own hair and makeup, and social distancing will be enforced."
    I wonder how similar rules would work for MOTU where you can't do without people transforming the actors into their characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris85 View Post
    https://deadline.com/2020/05/bbc-res...rs-1202934410/
    "It will mean that crews are set to be “strictly limited,” Moore said, explaining that cast will have to do their own hair and makeup, and social distancing will be enforced."
    I wonder how similar rules would work for MOTU where you can't do without people transforming the actors into their characters.
    Well yes, for certain films, like superhero films for example, that clearly isn't practical. So I'm guessing something else will have to happen. One of the articles (I forget which one) does mention that each department will no longer mingle with other departments. So the costume department will be shut of, and the props department and so forth. So I'm guessing that could have something to do with it.

EDIT: No, it was actually this article. In here, they talk about potential changes that will be made and so on -

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...keying-1289009
    Last edited by Krueger; May 14, 2020 at 11:39am.

Filming anything other than a nature documentary under these condidtions is beyond mind boggling.

It's like being told to make a big pot of soup, but none of the ingredients can touch.
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; May 14, 2020 at 12:24pm.
    Odd Man Out

Master of New Adventures!
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    Filming anything other than a nature documentary under these condidtions is beyond mind boggling.

It's like being told to make a big pot of soup, but none of the ingredients can touch.

It's true that it's not going to be happening soon. And yet, life goes on and the industry will end up being in major production mode at some time. My production company is in pre-production on a feature film. Not a mega-budget, but a quality film with excellent actors.