Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1757656667
Results 1,651 to 1,658 of 1658

Thread: Netflix's Masters of the Universe Film - Official Discussion

  1. #1651
    Heroic Warrior DC_WARLORD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Skartaris, Inner Earth
    Posts
    2,666
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInformer View Post
    Guys, I don't understand, does that mean Noah won't play He-man?
    I'm not sure if there's any offical word, but most people are taking this as confirmation that the movie was placed on the back burner, yet again.
    Odd Man Out

  2. #1652
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    932
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    I'm not sure if there's any offical word, but most people are taking this as confirmation that the movie was placed on the back burner, yet again.
    But Daniel Richtman! That guy who is wrong half the time said it was showing signs of life!

    https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/en...new-movie.html

    The movie is dead folks.

    There are two Netflix animated shows, and there's two new toylines. That's what we have to look forward to. The movie is a pipe dream at this point.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

    -CM Punk

  3. #1653
    Heroic Warrior Durendal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    2,016
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
    But Daniel Richtman! That guy who is wrong half the time said it was showing signs of life!

    https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/en...new-movie.html

    The movie is dead folks.

    There are two Netflix animated shows, and there's two new toylines. That's what we have to look forward to. The movie is a pipe dream at this point.
    Oh well, if it's dead, it's dead. The odds were highly against it being an improvement over the '87 piece of trash anyway. A 2 hour movie simply can't do the vast MOTU world justice. It's impossible. A big budget streaming series however could.

  4. #1654
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    932
    The best hope for something live action to happen is for the new properties to hit and do well. If they actually generate some mainstream buzz and popularity, that could help the property get some gas for another new adaptation, but I'm not holding my breath.

    Also, Noah Centineo was always a bad choice for the role.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

    -CM Punk

  5. #1655
    Master of New Adventures!
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    11,068
    No offense to Noah, as I think he's a good actor. But I tried to tell everyone about him with regard to playing He-man. Moot point anyway, since the movie was never going to happen, which I also tried to explain.

    Over a million-and-a-half views in the Casting speculation thread. I suppose it was fun, but then pipe dreams sometimes are. Kind of like a rocking chair -- takes a lot of effort but doesn't really get you anywhere...

    Quote Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
    The best hope for something live action to happen is for the new properties to hit and do well. If they actually generate some mainstream buzz and popularity, that could help the property get some gas for another new adaptation, but I'm not holding my breath.

    Also, Noah Centineo was always a bad choice for the role.
    Last edited by Heeeere's Olesker!; February 24, 2021 at 05:32pm.

  6. #1656
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    California
    Posts
    136
    I always hoped for another movie but, it seems like nobody is ever going to be on the same page and get this thing actually in production. The script would be everything.

    I just want an 8-10 episode show that follows the original mini-comics. Maybe I am crazy(and I am) but, if they focused on those as “outlines”, they could build something incredible in an episodic way.

    Someone has probably said this before.

  7. #1657
    Heroic Warrior DC_WARLORD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Skartaris, Inner Earth
    Posts
    2,666
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    A 2 hour movie simply can't do the vast MOTU world justice. It's impossible. A big budget streaming series however could.
    Agree 100%. It's like trying to pour a gallon of milk into a shotglass. Look at what happened to Justice League!

    Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    No offense to Noah, as I think he's a good actor. But I tried to tell everyone about him with regard to playing He-man. Moot point anyway, since the movie was never going to happen, which I also tried to explain.
    This is precisely why I call you Eldor.

    Sadly, the pandemic's timing is horrible ( as if there could ever be a good time ) since Geek Culture / 80s nostalgia is very popular!!
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; February 25, 2021 at 12:23am.
    Odd Man Out

  8. #1658
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    932
    The good news is this started as a toy property and the toys are continuing for now. And we're getting two new animated shows.

    Outside of Classics and the comics here and there, really nothing was happening with this property for the last 10 years. Things are at least happening now with two animated shows and new products. That's something.

    A movie getting made would take a miracle at this point.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

    -CM Punk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •