Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1151596061
Results 1,501 to 1,511 of 1511

Thread: Netflix's Masters of the Universe Film - Official Discussion

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by baileyrecords View Post
    ANd now that the tech is made (for Mando), if would be "easy" and cost effective.
    I don't know that I'd call the tech "cost effective" as they're spending about as much for 8 episodes as they do for a 2+ hour movie. Certainly, it is more cost effective than the green screen method, but it still isn't cheap. Plus that tech doesn't take into account for CGI/animatronic characters and vehicles that would be used in the production.
    Last edited by Jim_Abell; November 8, 2020 at 06:38pm.

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Abell View Post
    I don't know that I'd call the tech "cost effective" as they're spending about as much for 8 episodes as they do for a 2+ hour movie. Certainly, it is more cost effective than the green screen method, but it still isn't cheap. Plus that tech doesn't take into account for CGI/animatronic characters and vehicles that would be used in the production.
    Indeed. I was actually just meaning that the hard part of creating new tech is done, saving time and resources, and can be utilized elsewhere such as MOTU - if ILM handled the work.
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Creator of Kaiju Kaos.

Heroic Warrior
    tbh id really only be interested in the movies if they were going to make a universe like the MCU. which i think with all the lore etc they could do effectively with the right writers and studios behind it. they proved with the thor movies they could mix science and magic

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Quoted for truth.

Without Langella, the MOTU movie would have been much, much different.
    His great performance was the only thing that elevated the film slightly above garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    His great performance was the only thing that elevated the film slightly above garbage.
    You probably haven't seen bad films if you think it's garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris85 View Post
    You probably haven't seen bad films if you think it's garbage.
    Seen lots of bad movies. This one is up there. Saw it in the theatre, and the disappointment I felt coming out was crushing - it effectively killed MOTU for me (and countless others) for 30 years. It was a betrayal of the property through its utterly ignorant handling of the source material.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    I've slowly come around to agree. A 2 hour movie just doesn't cut the mustard - it's impossible to distill the world of Eternia and all the factions, characters and plot down into a convenient 2 hour package. It just can't be done justice properly. A well made series however has potential. Look at how good the Mandalorian has turned out.
    Yeah, I've always leaned more towards a series than a movie (unless it were to be a series of movies, conceived as such from the get-go, like Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, or Harry Potter). And with the movie project finally ending up on Netflix rather than on the big screen—which was about the only reason to make it a movie—all the more reason now to make it a “TV” series.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Seen lots of bad movies. This one is up there. Saw it in the theatre, and the disappointment I felt coming out was crushing - it effectively killed MOTU for me (and countless others) for 30 years. It was a betrayal of the property through its utterly ignorant handling of the source material.
    Not very faithful adaptation doesn't equal bad movie. It took a lot of liberties and still was a very nice fairytale.
    First Resident Evil movie was very different from the source material too, but it was a good movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris85 View Post
    Not very faithful adaptation doesn't equal bad movie. It took a lot of liberties and still was a very nice fairytale.
    First Resident Evil movie was very different from the source material too, but it was a good movie.
    I agree.

I was one of the few kids on my block who actually liked the movie when it came out.

It had a good mix of MOTU and Buck Rogers, with a dash of Star Wars thrown in...

Personally, I still think it holds up well today (especially when compared to movies like The Last Jedi...)

Is it a celluloid masterpiece? Of course not, but it definitely doesn't deserve the amount of negativity it gets.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

People are fans of the source material. Make the movies for them. See Marvel's MCU success. Don't deviate from what people love. the Masters movie and Resident Evil were total garbage because they threw out what people loved about the IP.

Heroic Warrior
    The movie is just not happening right now. And with the pandemic not having an end in sight, it will continue not being a thing.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk