Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 24250515253 LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 1310

Thread: Netflix's Masters of the Universe Film - Official Discussion

Likewise, it is always the same to me, just the other show focus on He-Man and the other to She-Ra.The Filmation cartoons is that brilliant IMHO.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by motogp_fanatic; March 15, 2020 at 07:52am.
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Do you think its possible then that Hordak isn't allowed to appear in anything but a She-Ra film?
    Hordak was a vintage MotU figure, apart from appearing in Filmation PoP. So, apparently, he should be fair game for He-Man-licensed stuff (as well as for She-Ra-licensed stuff like Noelle's series). But again, I'm no legal expert and there seems to be a lot of fine print regarding which character can be used where. All we know for sure is that the legal aspects of the MotUverse are a ginormous, seething, stinking pile of mess. And not only the He-Man versus She-Ra "(legal) spell of separation", but also all the countless issues with Filmation-specific characters being off-limits for the new movie, '87-movie-specific characters like Karg being also off-limits, and Ladybird-specific characters like the Skelcons also off-limits, forget about concept characters known only from art published by the Power and Honor Foundation, Illumina is most probably off-limits too, etc., etc., etc.

It’s a shame that there's such legal skulduggery with the MOTU and the POP brands. Myself and I'm sure many other fans have always viewed it all as pretty much one, big brand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I've always considered them both to be one and the same property.

When I was young, He-Man was such a consistent "guest" on the She-Ra cartoon that I just considered it to be the next season of the same show.

Seriously, it's like thinking of Batman and Robin as two separate brands...
    Yeah, it seems totally stupid, and severely limits or stifles what kind of stories may be told in new cartoons/movies/comics. But unfortunately that's how things are with this property, and there's no sign whatsoever that its owners and stakeholders have the least intention to finally bring both "brands" together (à la what was achieved with MotUC, seemingly a one-of-a-kind, once-in-a-lifetime achievement). Quite the contrary.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Heroic Warrior
    What does the actual media license for She-Ra entail? Does it give DreamWorks Animation full film/TV rights over Hordak?
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

No one knows 100% of the details. She-Ra and Masters of the Universe are treated as separate licenses by DreamWorks. Hordak and the male Horde members from the original MOTU toyline are part of the Masters of the Universe side from what I gather. While I think DreamWorks can do pretty much whatever they want to do with She-Ra, things seem to be a bit more complicated on the MOTU side. Mattel is pretty much running things with the two new cartoons and this movie.

A short time ago I was going to post a joke, now that this movie seems inevitable, I hope the world doesn't end or there is no X factor.

MOTU and its luck

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    A short time ago I was going to post a joke, now that this movie seems inevitable, I hope the world doesn't end or there is no X factor.

MOTU and its luck
    Hahahha. I'm sure we're not heading towards the end of days just yet. Filming was looking to begin in September. Obviously, pre-production will be pushed back. So that means, more than likely, filming will be pushed back. Unfortunately, every film in production or pre-production is in the same boat. Everything will be delayed. Adam Nee and Noah Centineo are both self-isolating, going by their IG stories.

My concern is that this issue could mean a big waste of money for the studios, so they will need a restructuring,less budget for some movies or canceling other ones.
    Last edited by heavy-eternium; March 16, 2020 at 10:22pm.

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    My concern is that this issue could means a big waste of money for the studios, so they will need a restructuring,less budget for some movies or canceling other ones.
    Well, Netflix are paying the bills now. So, they don't strictly operate with the same philosophy as a typical Hollywood studio. They're all about more content. We'll see.

Heroic Warrior
    Filming may be stopped cos of this corona ****.
    Is it so dangerous ? Dont get it

I want he man

Adam Nee was just asked on Twitter if he and his brother are still working on He-Man:

Yes we are, but this pandemic is pausing everything and will push most productions substantially. Stay tuned.
    So there you have it. Hopefully work can resume maybe towards the end of summer? I appreciate the very blunt response, though.

Adam Nee was just asked on Twitter if he and his brother are still working on He-Man:

So there you have it. Hopefully work can resume maybe towards the end of summer? I appreciate the very blunt response, though.
    As many times as the MOTU movie has been delayed, postponed, cancelled, etc., at least this one cannot be blamed on the writers, producers, studio, or distributor.

EVERY major project has been postponed... and every big release has been interrupted as well. I'm thinking of movies like Wonder Woman and how the coronavirus situation will affect its release schedule and profits. How different would the earnings look if the world wasn't being shut-down?
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    As many times as the MOTU movie has been delayed, postponed, cancelled, etc., at least this one cannot be blamed on the writers, producers, studio, or distributor.

EVERY major project has been postponed... and every big release has been interrupted as well. I'm thinking of movies like Wonder Woman and how the coronavirus situation will affect its release schedule and profits. How different would the earnings look if the world wasn't being shut-down?
    This is unprecedented. Black Widow has now been indefinitely delayed, too. As you say, Wonder Woman 84 will probably follow suit. Such depressing times. Netflix have basically postponed everything, as well. I really hope MOTU (and everything else in the world) will get back on its feet before the year's out. Here's hoping!

Thanks for sharing. Hopefully they get to polish up the story/script while huddled away, and really make it great.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayk View Post
    Filming may be stopped cos of this corona ****.
    Is it so dangerous ? Dont get it

I want he man
    Filming never began.

-CM Punk

I hope this is the time for them to rewrite the script again, thinking that Adam Skeletor siblings isn't the best way to go, Hell... Look at Garona & Medivh.

Playing a three-hour Rush show is like running a marathon while solving equations.

Heroic Warrior
    Ok

Lets say pre Production :-)

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Fendi View Post
    I hope this is the time for them to rewrite the script again, thinking that Adam Skeletor siblings isn't the best way to go, Hell... Look at Garona & Medivh.
    It's a stupid angle. It's even stupider than making Prince Adam a secret prince who was raised by the Royal Chef in secret in the Adam Rifkin script.

-CM Punk

Quote Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
    It's a stupid angle. It's even stupider than making Prince Adam a secret prince who was raised by the Royal Chef in secret in the Adam Rifkin script.
    Better than making him a secret chef raised as a prince.
    Check out my Masters of the Universe cartoon review site at https://hemanmotu.wordpress.com/!

Widget
    If I were one of the Nee Brothers, I would take this time in quarantine to rethink the choice of actor for the role of Prince Adam/He-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInformer View Post
    If I were one of the Nee Brothers, I would take this time in quarantine to rethink the choice of actor for the role of Prince Adam/He-Man.
    Today Adam posted a clip of Filmation (Voice over regarding the lock down) with the tag
    " Working hard".
    “You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing.” George Benard Shaw.

I think Noah could pull off as He-Man, most of the muscle in movies are just for beauty but have a lack of acting talent.

Playing a three-hour Rush show is like running a marathon while solving equations.

I recommend everyone go and watch the videos posted in Adam Nee's latest IG post. Could do with a bit of levity in these horrible times. Funny stuff:

https://www.instagram.com/adamnee/

Widget
    Adam Nee really has a great sense of humor.
    Last edited by TheInformer; March 27, 2020 at 12:26am.

His humor reminds me of Tim & Eric and Astron-6... I have no idea what his film-making style is, but I have to say I wouldn't mind if his wonky humor found his way into the flick.

Very nice... funny yet very timely...

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!