Page 76 of 78 FirstFirst ... 26667475767778 LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,900 of 1932

Thread: Netflix's Masters of the Universe Film - Official Discussion

This panel happened yesterday. Ynon Kreiz briefly mentioned the Masters of the Universe film, just to say that's in development. I know this is nothing new, but I thought some of you might be interested in this most recent status update.

28:04 -29:01

On a side note, Mattel's 3rd quarter conference call is tomorrow.

"In development".

Translation: "There's a piece of paper in a drawer somewhere that says 'Masters of the Universe' on it. So I guess we technically still have the rights to that."

That movie... is simply not going to happen.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

As this thread has been bumped for the first time in 25 years, I thought I'd chime in. Pretty sure things are afoot, even though the usual jaded lot will come in here and tell me to stop thinking the Earth is flat. First of all, and this may be a stretch, I know, but the actor to replace Noah Centineo may have already actually been leaked, its just that no one noticed. Kristian Harloff, who used to be quite a big name in the scooping game (although I have no idea at his status now), released this video:

I didn't really think much of it at first, until I did some digging. This actor has just recently started following Adam and Aaron Nee on IG, and they are following him. He's also been commenting on Adam Nee's frankly hilarious dubbed He-Man cartoons on IG. He's also being followed by some other people on IG who are connected to the MOTU film (like Ann Foley). So there might something to this. He looks like a decent Prince Adam, for sure, but he is only 5 8" in height, so maybe He-Man will be another actor, or they're thinking of going down the CG route, like Captain America.

Some other things -

The crew list continues to go up on IMDB. MOTU now has a designated Production Designer, which is a pretty big deal. His name is Jim Bissell, and he is a veteran, working on everything from E.T., The Rocketeer, Jumanji, 300 and a couple of the new Mission Impossible films. So, MOTU will at least look good. He is also being followed by Adam Nee on IG.

Ann Foley, the costume designer, very recently (as in within the last week) updated her resume. Before, it had MOTU listed and then next to it in brackets it said Postponed, and by the side of it it said Sony Pictures. Now, the postponed is gone, but so is Sony Pictures. It now says Netflix. Her resume: http://www.murthaskouras.com/wp-cont...oley-Ann-1.pdf

Imogene Chayes, who is also on the costume department, has got this on her Linkedin page:

Screenshot 2021-10-20 at 18-13-51 Imogene Chayes - Senior Costume Concept Artist - Netflix Linke.png

William Groebe, who is listed as an Art director, has this listed on his Linkedin page. Adam Nee also recently started follwing him on IG:

Screenshot 2021-10-20 at 18-26-36 (2) William Groebe LinkedIn.png

There are other little things here and there, but these are the biggies. I don't know what to say, but the film is happening, if you do your research and read between the lines. The only thing I can think of is that Netflix are notoriously secretive about, well, everything, and for some reason they don't what to make an official announcement yet. I don't know why, but that is how they roll. Maybe they're waiting for Revelation to be done?

I wasn't sure about posting this. I almost did it yesterday. I know it’s going to get completely dismissed by the usual suspects. Guess that was one of the reasons why I couldn't be bothered.
    Last edited by Krueger; October 20, 2021 at 01:30pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    As this thread has been bumped for the first time in 25 years, I thought I'd chime in. Pretty sure things are afoot, even though the usual jaded lot will come in here and tell me to stop thinking the Earth is flat. First of all, and this may be a stretch, I know, but the actor to replace Noah Centineo may have already actually been leaked, its just that no one noticed. Kristian Harloff, who used to be quite a big name in the scooping game (although I have no idea at his status now), released this video:

I didn't really think much of it at first, until I did some digging. This actor has just recently started following Adam and Aaron Nee on IG, and they are following him. He's also been commenting on Adam Nee's frankly hilarious dubbed He-Man cartoons on IG. He's also being followed by some other people on IG who are connected to the MOTU film (like Ann Foley). So there might something to this. He looks like a decent Prince Adam, for sure, but he is only 5 8" in height, so maybe He-Man will be another actor, or they're thinking of going down the CG route, like Captain America.

Some other things -

The crew list continues to go up on IMDB. MOTU now has a designated Production Designer, which is a pretty big deal. His name is Jim Bissell, and he is a veteran, working on everything from E.T., The Rocketeer, Jumanji, 300 and a couple of the new Mission Impossible films. So, MOTU will at least look good. He is also being followed by Adam Nee on IG.

Ann Foley, the costume designer, very recently (as in within the last week) updated her resume. Before, it had MOTU listed and then next to it in brackets it said Postponed, and by the side of it it said Sony Pictures. Now, the postponed is gone, but so is Sony Pictures. It now says Netflix. Her resume: http://www.murthaskouras.com/wp-cont...oley-Ann-1.pdf

Imogene Chayes, who is also on the costume department, has got this on her Linkedin page:

Screenshot 2021-10-20 at 18-13-51 Imogene Chayes - Senior Costume Concept Artist - Netflix Linke.png

William Groebe, who is listed as an Art director, has this listed on his Linkedin page. Adam Nee also recently started follwing him on IG:

There are other little things here and there, but these are the biggies. I don't know what to say, but the film is happening, if you do your research and read between the lines. The only thing I can think of is that Netflix are notoriously secretive about, well, everything, and for some reason they don't what to make an official announcement yet. I don't know why, but that is how they roll. Maybe they're waiting for Revelation to be done?

I wasn't sure about posting this. I almost did it yesterday. I know itís going to get completely dismissed by the usual suspects. Guess that was one of the reasons why I couldn't be bothered.
    Glad you posted this. I sure do hope itís going to happen, as I feel like heman fans need something new. If it does happen I hope they make it look like a live action 200x where Skeletor comes up with some plot that gets foiled by He-Man, and then maybe hordak or king hiss is the real main villain for the heroes to fight.
    ďBeing a champion is about defending those who canít defend themselves.Ē

Harloff actually pitched a version of MoTU I believe that he described as Lord of the Rings crossed with Star Wars so heís a fan and has been kinda wanting this himself for years now.

Makes sense he would be keeping his eyes open for actual developments. Iím not holding my breath but hopefully there is something to it.

I do have to give Krueger points for pointing out my unyielding cynicism. That demonstrates observance!

I'm actually trying to step it up. I aspire to one day be officially recognized as the MOST cynical Cynic.

...But let's be real, that's never gonna happen.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

I still think that a limited series would be a better choice...

IF they are willing to put the money into it, it could be fantastic...

I'm interested in Amazon's Wheel of Time adaptation. If that is done well, there is certainly hope for MOTU.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post

I'm interested in Amazon's Wheel of Time adaptation. If that is done well, there is certainly hope for MOTU.
    Yeah I'm beginning to think a limited series might be the best approach.

That's kind of the paradox we're in now, with pop culture entertainment.

With MOST things, especially adaptations of any kind, a series is more satisfying than a movie because instead of two hours to establish your world and tell your story, you have, like ten-to-"however many" hours to do it. So you can go into much greater depth with world-building, characters, etc. You just have a much bigger canvas.

BUT, movies have a much greater pop culture impact than even the most successful shows do, for various reasons. And in the eyes of many, your property or franchise only gets "TRUE" credibility by having a movie made of it, not a show. "A show? That sounds cool, but if it were REALLY popular they'd make it a movie. Must not be that big a deal, then." Right or wrong, that's how most people think. One some level, developing a show and not a movie is often looked at as an admission of "failure". And on some level, that's kind of even a little true... with a lot of shows, even popular/successful ones, the original plan WAS to make a movie but then it became a show when things didn't work out. So the fact that in many cases, doing the show was the "better than nothing" choice doesn't help much with the overall perception of such things, even if they turn out well.

I think the MOTU lore would definitely be much easier-explored in a series, for sure. Selfishly, though, part of me always wanted MOTU to be "accepted" and celebrated as part of the mainstream, even though that's dumb and meaningless. And the fact is, until a movie happens - and furthermore, gets good reception - then a MOTU show could come out and be absolutely fantastic, but it ultimately wouldn't do half as much to give the brand that elusive "street cred" that even a mediocre-but-well-received movie would manage. You'd STILL have people saying, "Well... anything can have a show. If it were REALLY a big deal, they'd make a movie. Guess it's not a big deal." And that stings.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post

I will be very happy with either a movie or a series, as long as it is MOTU!
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Some other things -

I wasn't sure about posting this. I almost did it yesterday. I know itís going to get completely dismissed by the usual suspects. Guess that was one of the reasons why I couldn't be bothered.

Some new names were added onto the credits today. The visual effects crew is now starting to appear, with a couple of names that have worked in big budget blockbusters. There's one title that peaked by interest, though:

Paul Hornsby: Military Tactical Advisor

Guess they want it to be as authentic as possible.

Some new names were added onto the credits today. The visual effects crew is now starting to appear, with a couple of names that have worked in big budget blockbusters. There's one title that peaked by interest, though:

Or they want protection on set when fandom finds out about the radical changes in store for them.

Is it possible the movie will go in the direction of the CGI cartoon?

Maybe that's a stupid question, but somebody had to ask it.
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; October 23, 2021 at 03:50pm.
    Odd Man Out

Heroic Warrior King Daddy Bo-Hog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    Is it possible the movie will go in the direction of the CGI cartoon?

Maybe that's a stupid question, but somebody had to ask it.
    I'd say anything is possible with it these days. If they do, hopefully not too much.

Heroic Warrior
    I will believe it when Iím in the theater and not before. I recognize some of the support crew, but still, the fact that weíre getting friggin Saint Seiya before He-Man has made me pessimistic about seeing the film any time soon.

Hereís a question, which cursed license is more likely to get a film first, He-Man or Robotech? The latter actually resolved its licensing hell this year (which is why I expect the film to be a straight Macross adaptation).

Quote Originally Posted by King Daddy Bo-Hog View Post
    I'd say anything is possible with it these days. If they do, hopefully not too much.
    I can see them taking minor parts from the CGI like Keldor being human rather than Gar but hopefully not much more than that...

Quote Originally Posted by smanomega View Post
    I can see them taking minor parts from the CGI like Keldor being human rather than Gar but hopefully not much more than that...
    I thought they meant going in a new direction, like what the CGI toon did.
    Princesses of Power enthusiast

Heroic Warrior King Daddy Bo-Hog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smanomega View Post
    Yeah, for a movie, there's no reason to over complicate that. I don't consider Keldor being Gar or anything else as being set in stone.

I like the technology aspects of MOTU but even though I enjoyed the CGI show, it was too sci-fi for my personal preference. So they could up the techno a little, without destroying the original spirit of the technology/magic mix.

Just had a look at Kyle Allen's IG. He's got some skills!

Okay, right, I don't know how significant this is, but on Adam Nee's latest IG story he says that he is looking to rent his house out for 7 to 8 months, from February/March to October. That implies he'll be out of the country. The Nee's first studio film, The Lost City, is scheduled to be released in March, so it won't be for that. He did say back in May MOTU will be filming after that. I don't know, could be quite significant. If it is for a film shoot, 7 to 8 months is the amount of time usually reserved for blockbuster-type films.

If it is for MOTU, I expect news about casting and whatnot to be dropping pretty soon. This time-frame would imply that they're in the casting process as we speak. I'm pretty sure that dude I posted about above has been cast as Prince Adam. I'm getting a gold star for my detective skills if that's the case!

https://www.instagram.com/adamnee/
    Last edited by Krueger; October 27, 2021 at 06:26pm.

I didn't read your post properly , googled " Kristian harloff " expecting to see a live action Prince Adam in the making and wondered what the heck you were on

Sent from my AGS2-L09 using Tapatalk

Okay, right, I don't know how significant this is, but on Adam Nee's latest IG story he says that he is looking to rent his house out for 7 to 8 months, from February/March to October. That implies he'll be out of the country. The Nee's first studio film, The Lost City, is scheduled to be released in March, so it won't be for that. He did say back in May MOTU will be filming after that. I don't know, could be quite significant. If it is for a film shoot, 7 to 8 months is the amount of time usually reserved for blockbuster-type films.

If it is for MOTU, I expect news about casting and whatnot to be dropping pretty soon. This time-frame would imply that they're in the casting process as we speak. I'm pretty sure that dude I posted about above has been cast as Prince Adam. I'm getting a gold star for my detective skills if that's the case!

https://www.instagram.com/adamnee/
    This post has got me excited! Definitely seems plausible.

Widget
    Well.....do we have any new crew updates to this film? Or any other breadcrumbs that look promising?

Quote Originally Posted by DLR View Post
    Well.....do we have any new crew updates to this film? Or any other breadcrumbs that look promising?
    Production will begin any day now