Page 63 of 67 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 1658

Thread: Netflix's Masters of the Universe Film - Official Discussion

The question was great , the answer was blah blah blah , always the 10 blessed announcements and nothing more.
    we just see the process of MOTU but it's not the only project on develompment for year .
    I remember well that the Barbie movie live action was announced the same day that the MOTU movie of Sony was announced in 2009 and here we are , same with Hot wheels

It was hard for Mattel gets its differents projects to the next stage of production and for that reason they created Mattel films but it's a very young division (end of 2018) and you need more time to set up the projects .

I never thought to say that ,but the idea of a live action series is beating the idea of a live action movie in my mind lol.
    We are living in a new world where the streaming is the phenomenon of this era and after seeing the mandalorian ,the Witcher or knowing about the next LOTR series ,House of dragons and all the Star Wars content to come .....well I think a live action series is a very interesting media for MOTU .
    I love the movie format though.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris85 View Post
    As much as I respect your experience it's clear that you're not following any filming news. How is The Witcher filming? How is Gossip Girl reboot filming? They wear no masks when the cameras are rolling and they stand as close to each other as the script requires. Just check paparazzi pics. Kissing scenes? - here you go: "Riverdale stars KJ Apa and Camila Mendes have to gargle mouthwash before filming kissing scenes amid the coronavirus pandemic".
    How will Game of Thrones prequel film in January? And so on. There's no lack of big productions. Netflix will need content. If they drop He-Man it's because they don't believe in it, not because it's impossible to film in the current situation. Also it's not like there were tons of "extras" in He-Man episodes. If they intend to stay true to the series there won't be a lot of characters on the screen at the same time, so it should be easier to film under current guidelines.

Then why did they green-light the movie in the first place?
    They never greenlit it in the first place.

You guys should listen to Olesker more. He's done it all and seen it all. He's an invaluable resource. The fact that he even posts here and speaks with us on a fairly regular basis is pretty amazing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by manowar View Post
    I wouldn't doubt the whole movie industry is experiencing a paradigm shift and rethinking how they distribute entertainment. Unfortunately, anything that was in the development phase is probably on hold until things normalize and they can get cashflow again.

A script and preproduction work can be revived over a period of time. It's not like they were in production and paused. I have a feeling its going to be sat on for a while before we hear about any movement on this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    So basically, the same place where the project has been for the last 15+ years.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

Widget
    Well, I am a Patreon of Daniel RPK who has a lot if inside info and is mostly accurate. I asked what is going on with the movie and he replied it is currently on hold. He didn't elaborate why, nor did he say it was cancelled. Needless to say yet another delay for this ever seeing the light of day.

Quote Originally Posted by DLR View Post
    Well, I am a Patreon of Daniel RPK who has a lot if inside info and is mostly accurate. I asked what is going on with the movie and he replied it is currently on hold. He didn't elaborate why, nor did he say it was cancelled. Needless to say yet another delay for this ever seeing the light of day.
    This has been known for literally months. Adam Nee said it in March, then he said it again in July, then he posted again in October that MOTU is still alive. Ann Foley's resume says next to MOTU in brackets "postponed". And we all know why it is. Our ugly, spiky headed friend. But the usual suspects in this thread keep on insisting they know more than the actual people involved with the bloody thing and keep on insisting its deader than Elvis. I seriously think this thread should just get locked until something more concrete comes along, because people are just beating long dead horses.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    This has been known for literally months. Adam Nee said it in March, then he said it again in July, then he posted again in October that MOTU is still alive. Ann Foley's resume says next to MOTU in brackets "postponed". And we all know why it is. Our ugly, spiky headed friend. But the usual suspects in this thread keep on insisting they know more than the actual people involved with the bloody thing and keep on insisting its deader than Elvis. I seriously think this thread should just get locked until something more concrete comes along, because people are just beating long dead horses.
    It's been on perpetual hold for over a decade. Meaningless at this point. They dragged their feet with this at Warner Bros. And they've dragged their feet at Sony for years. They've given it release date after release date. And it's still no closer to getting made.

If/when COVID is over, this isn't going to get fast-tracked.

-CM Punk

Heroic Warrior AntiEternia He-Man's Avatar
    I used to want an awesome movie, and would still take one if that’s how it happens. But with all the awesome series produced these days I’d much rather have that instead. Way more room to flesh things out and more content to boot. The Mandalorian was 5.5 hours this season and I loved every bit of it. That’s more than three 90 minute movies worth of content. I would much rather have that if it could be made to look good budget wise. Maybe they’re using the cartoons now as a litmus test.

Quote Originally Posted by AntiEternia He-Man View Post
    I used to want an awesome movie, and would still take one if that’s how it happens. But with all the awesome series produced these days I’d much rather have that instead. Way more room to flesh things out and more content to boot. The Mandalorian was 5.5 hours this season and I loved every bit of it. That’s more than three 90 minute movies worth of content. I would much rather have that if it could be made to look good budget wise. Maybe they’re using the cartoons now as a litmus test.
    Totally agreed. It's impossible to do the massive world of MOTU justice with a 2 hour movie. It just won't have satisfying results, no matter what. A live action series with a decent budget is the proper way to go with this franchise. There have been plenty of examples now showing how it can and should be done.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
    They never greenlit it in the first place.

You guys should listen to Olesker more. He's done it all and seen it all. He's an invaluable resource. The fact that he even posts here and speaks with us on a fairly regular basis is pretty amazing.
    So the casting was just for fun then?
    I have my own head on my shoulders and I see what's going on with other productions, thank you so much.

I have my own head on my shoulders and I see what's going on with other productions, thank you so much.
    No. Its part of the process before a movie is greenlit:

By common industry practices, in order to be greenlit, a project should meet most of the following criteria:

• Mutually approved Script
    • Mutually approved Budget
    • Mutually approved Production Schedule
    • Lead actors attached (at minimum a letter of intent from actor or rep)
    • Director attached (at minimum a letter of intent from actor or rep)
    • Fully executed agreement with a funding source(s) that outlines the amount to be invested, and a cash flow that is in accordance with the talent and crew payments.
    • Proof of funds in the bank, or at least fully accounted for (i.e. enough cash in the bank, or the bank has approved all the essential elements and will loan against distribution contracts and tax credits)

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/green...W23Vc0&irgwc=1

Heroic Warrior
    It's just a way to get names and interest in a project. Getting a movie made is a small miracle. They can take years and years to gestate and still never get off the ground.

Chris Hemsworth got announced for a Star Trek Beyond sequel sequel that never materialized right before the movie came out. Then Star Trek Beyond came out, did disappointing box office numbers, and the fourth movie fell apart because Paramount wanted to cut costs on everyone's payouts. And so Beyond basically became the last movie with the rebooted cast for now.

-CM Punk

Quote Originally Posted by TheInformer View Post
    This movie will definitely happen, but it won't be now.
    So we've heard for over 15 years now.
    Brings doom to MOTUC with cel accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInformer View Post
    This movie will definitely happen, but it won't be now.
    This statement isn't entirely untrue.

Humans will walk on Mars one day too...

I kid, I kid.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

Widget
    Good News! Daniel RPK's patreon just posted the movie is back on! Movement is happening now with some further announcements very soon! At least it's something positive :-)

with some further announcements very soon!
    *fingers crossed*
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

I've been a member of his for a few months now. I asked him if the Nee bros were still attached and he said yes.

Widget
    He just said "I....think so." Sounds a little unsure about the Nee bros. at this point. Hopefully its cleared up soon!

Well, as of October 2020 they were still on it, as Adam Nee confirmed it on Twitter. But we'll see. I asked DR if it is still at Netflix (I'm sure it is), but he hasn't responded.

Widget
    I would be very surprised if it's not still at Netflix.

Heroic Warrior
    God, I hope this keeps moving forward. Bonus points if it turns into a Series? (Though Netflix seems [or seemed] committed to The Witcher, so who knows.)

Good News! Daniel RPK's patreon just posted the movie is back on! Movement is happening now with some further announcements very soon! At least it's something positive :-)
    How come? This movie will never happen. According to this forum.

Master of New Adventures!
    The man knows whereof he speaks...

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    No. Its part of the process before a movie is greenlit:

By common industry practices, in order to be greenlit, a project should meet most of the following criteria:

• Mutually approved Script
    • Mutually approved Budget
    • Mutually approved Production Schedule
    • Lead actors attached (at minimum a letter of intent from actor or rep)
    • Director attached (at minimum a letter of intent from actor or rep)
    • Fully executed agreement with a funding source(s) that outlines the amount to be invested, and a cash flow that is in accordance with the talent and crew payments.
    • Proof of funds in the bank, or at least fully accounted for (i.e. enough cash in the bank, or the bank has approved all the essential elements and will loan against distribution contracts and tax credits)

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/green...W23Vc0&irgwc=1

Heroic Warrior
    How come? This movie will never happen. According to this forum.
    Well, how soon is very soon? Because we're in January 2021 now.

-CM Punk

FWIW, my Redshirt associates (Star Trek reference for the uninitiated) at Mattel aren't very optimistic that the movie is even in development at this point. From what I'm told, the movie was a pipedream for years, then excitement hit a fever pitch around Christmas 2019. Then over the summer, the buzz went back to 2008 levels of skepticism that it will even be produced.

The subject was broached at a Town Hall meeting over the late summer when someone asked if filming had started, and the speaker replied, "Well, let's talk about something positive instead" which garnered some nervous laughter. The speaker then steered the discussion toward the two Netflix series. That pretty much killed any optimism employees had about the film, and was in itself a "stop asking us about the movie" non-statement.

As far as recent reports that "the movie is back on," if this is indeed true, news has yet to reach Mattel's middle management. Granted, they're not always the most informed bunch, but I'll anonymously share any non-incriminating news I'm privy to as I receive it.
    Most wanted Origins figures: Mighty Spector, Fisto's Cousin's Babysitter, and Mer-Man's Seventh Grade Crush.

Quote Originally Posted by Night Stalker View Post
    FWIW, my Redshirt associates (Star Trek reference for the uninitiated) at Mattel aren't very optimistic that the movie is even in development at this point. From what I'm told, the movie was a pipedream for years, then excitement hit a fever pitch around Christmas 2019. Then over the summer, the buzz went back to 2008 levels of skepticism that it will even be produced.

The subject was broached at a Town Hall meeting over the late summer when someone asked if filming had started, and the speaker replied, "Well, let's talk about something positive instead" which garnered some nervous laughter. The speaker then steered the discussion toward the two Netflix series. That pretty much killed any optimism employees had about the film, and was in itself a "stop asking us about the movie" non-statement.

As far as recent reports that "the movie is back on," if this is indeed true, news has yet to reach Mattel's middle management. Granted, they're not always the most informed bunch, but I'll anonymously share any non-incriminating news I'm privy to as I receive it.
    Recent report comes from someone with a spotty track record who sells "insider gossip" on patreon so I wouldn't put much stock in it.

Thanks for the info tho. Honestly sounds like the project is toast until some renewed interest comes around, hopefully from the new animated series and whatnot.

Last I heard (at the last in-person Power-Con), the rewritten script came back and Mattel was not happy with it. I think that's where it died.
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX