Page 73 of 74 FirstFirst ... 236371727374 LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,825 of 1846

Thread: Netflix's Masters of the Universe Film - Official Discussion

Master of New Adventures!
    Thanks, Rikki. I'll definitely check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post
    I have *heard* that my YouTube Channel is excellent stress relief., Jack

Just saying. I'm charming. And handsome. And humble. AND I've never lost a match in the Carolinas from 2011 through Today (The record Down There stands at a whopping 1-0!). And I occasionally like to get drunk and deliver epic dissertations on toys and movies and whatnot, when I'm not feeling incredibly lazy. I also have shirts for sale, from S to XL!

Just saying, there's worse ways to spend your time. Only trying to help, sir.

Netflix's Masters of the Universe Film - Official Discussion

Screw a movie. Id much rather an 8-10 episode steaming series like The Witcher than a single 2hr movie. Much more opportunity world build and probably a lot cheaper to make. Image the story they could tell over 8 hours!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's an interview with CEO Ynon Kreiz in the latest TV KIDS. There's no new information, though.

Pages 40, 41, 42 and 43.

https://issuu.com/worldscreen/docs/t..._edition_-_jun
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    There's an interview with CEO Ynon Kreiz in the latest TV KIDS. There's no new information, though.

Pages 40, 41, 42 and 43.

https://issuu.com/worldscreen/docs/t..._edition_-_jun
    I think it's great that Mattel has 17 shows in production right now.

They certainly have some recognizable brands out there... why not capitalize on them through television and movies?

I also like that they are not handcuffed by a single network/streaming service as they have projects in the works over at Nickelodeon as well.

Perhaps.... a shared universe one day?
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Previously posted in the Classics thread:

Look, I've been in the industry for a long, long time and one thing I've learned is that it's cyclical. Just when you think Westerns are done, along comes a Tombstone...

Now I know there was Thor and Game of Thrones. But there hasn't been that much in the way of sword and sorcery since then.

https://www.imdb.com/search/keyword/...rd-and-sorcery

I just have a hunch it's ready to cycle. If I'm right then Mattel is going to be positioned with one of the most successful sword and sorcery franchises in entertainment history...

I wish them the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    Previously posted in the Classics thread:

Look, I've been in the industry for a long, long time and one thing I've learned is that it's cyclical. Just when you think Westerns are done, along comes a Tombstone...

Now I know there was Thor and Game of Thrones. But there hasn't been that much in the way of sword and sorcery since then.

https://www.imdb.com/search/keyword/...rd-and-sorcery

I just have a hunch it's ready to cycle. If I'm right then Mattel is going to be positioned with one of the most successful sword and sorcery franchises in entertainment history...

I wish them the best.
    Hypothetically, let's say this Master of the Universe movie becomes a sleeper hit and spawns a couple of sequels.

Eventually, this leads to talks of a new movie based on The New Adventures of He-Man.

Jack, as one of the fathers of NA, would you be in favor of a live-action adaptation of New Adventures?

Either one would be fine for me. If it ever happened, which is a reeeeeeeeeeal long shot, then I would favor a concept with half of the running time in Primus and half with He-man, Skeleton, Drissi, Flipshopt and Flogg, Slushhead, Crita and some of the mutants returning to Eternia to find the coup d'etat situation having taken place that I outlined in the Mastercast podcast. That way I don't have MOTU fans ready to ride me out of town on a rail once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Hypothetically, let's say this Master of the Universe movie becomes a sleeper hit and spawns a couple of sequels.

Eventually, this leads to talks of a new movie based on The New Adventures of He-Man.

Jack, as one of the fathers of NA, would you be in favor of a live-action adaptation of New Adventures?

Either one would be fine for me. If it ever happened, which is a reeeeeeeeeeal long shot, then I would favor a concept with half of the running time in Primus and half with He-man, Skeleton, Drissi, Flipshopt and Flogg, Slushhead, Crita and some of the mutants returning to Eternia to find the coup d'etat situation having taken place that I outlined in the Mastercast podcast. That way I don't have MOTU fans ready to ride me out of town on a rail once again.
    Personally, I would love for this to happen!

(I mean the movie concept, not you being ridden out of town... )

LOL.

Too bad you're not Mattel's CEO. If he wants me, he knows where to find me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Personally, I would love for this to happen!

(I mean the movie concept, not you being ridden out of town... )

Coup d'etat? You mean with Jitsu ruling Snake Mountain in Skeletor's absence?

No. All of Eternia. Randor and Marlena overthrown.

Explanation contained herein:

http://masterscast.com/2007/01/28/ma...st-episode-25/

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Coup d'etat? You mean with Jitsu ruling Snake Mountain in Skeletor's absence?

A quote from another recent conference:

And don't forget there's also a theatrical movie in progress that we'll also bring to the market down-the-road. We haven't announced that release date, but this is another exciting part of the franchise management and how we're thinking about Masters of the Universe overall. - CEO Ynon Kreiz
    Last edited by Tallstar; June 13, 2021 at 01:23pm.

A quote from another recent conference:
    I am definitely looking forward to a new MOTU movie even more now.

It would be nice if we could get some casting news by the time Power-Con rolls around. They should know if Revelation is a hit by then, which might prod them along. With these new shorter release windows for movies now, I am hoping it gets a decent theatrical run.

At the beginning of May Adam Nee said "casting and more news coming soon". So maybe that's implying there actually is casting to be announced? We know it is now at Netflix, but I think Sony Pictures are also still very much involved. I think Netflix have a longer plan here, but I also think they want part one of Revelation to do the rounds first before any announcements.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    At the beginning of May Adam Nee said "casting and more news coming soon". So maybe that's implying there actually is casting to be announced? We know it is now at Netflix, but I think Sony Pictures are also still very much involved. I think Netflix have a longer plan here, but I also think they want part one of Revelation to do the rounds first before any announcements.
    They have to be feeling pretty good about the general reaction to the Geeked teaser.

Best Movies Never Made had screenwriter Adam Rifkin on their podcast a little over two years ago to talk about Fox 2000 "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe" (I believe it was referred to as "He-Man" in the press at the time), which was with the studio from 2004 to around 2006.

Adam is back on the latest episode to talk a little bit more about that "era" of MOTU.

Start at 41:45

https://anchor.fm/never-made/episode...Part-2-e12idr2

...Adam is back on the latest episode to talk a little bit more about that "era" of MOTU.
    “...and when he becomes He-Man, it’s more like his clothes just fall off”

I thought the same thing about Adam when I was a kid.

Great section with Adam R. Thanks, Tallstar!

Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post
    ...and when he becomes He-Man, its more like his clothes just fall off

I thought the same thing about Adam when I was a kid.

Great section with Adam R. Thanks, Tallstar!
    You're welcome.

--------------------

"I did some design work 18 years ago or so for a He-man movie. It was a Mattel gig ,they asked me to do these drawings to start the discussions of what it could look like. It was super fun and exciting. I think this was the first time I did something like this..I remember they wanted me to just have fun. I was looking at the new He-man cartoon work and thought of these.. so as l was packing up my office to get to the new spot.. I came across them. I dont remember much about the design bible but it was pretty wide open. Enjoy.." - Ken Lashley

(Images at the link)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4503...4761783215113/

Credit to Shawn for sharing Ken's post in Legends of Grayskull Podcast group on FB.

These redesigns for 2003 are almost unrecognizable. This almost looks it could be He-Man but the rest look like completely new characters. Is that supposed to be Man-at-arms, Trap-jaw, battle armor He-Man, who knows. The female with glasses, a sci-fi version of the Sorceress? This wouldn't have gone over well. Really glad the Fox 2000 studio version of He-Man never got made if this is what they were going for.

Quote Originally Posted by InThe80s View Post
    These redesigns for 2003 are almost unrecognizable. This almost looks it could be He-Man but the rest look like completely new characters. Is that supposed to be Man-at-arms, Trap-jaw, battle armor He-Man, who knows. The female with glasses, a sci-fi version of the Sorceress? This wouldn't have gone over well. Really glad the Fox 2000 studio version of He-Man never got made if this is what they were going for.

https://i.imgur.com/3Uv63bG.jpg
    Fully agreed. I'd much rather not get a MOTU movie at all than something unrecognizable. While the art in those pictures is very good, the designs are garbage.

As usual, take this with a grain of salt.

https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/en...-universe.html

We've heard Netflix moved through multiple scripts before settling on the right idea for Masters of the Universe. The new story for their take will be better developing Prince Adam's motivations and personal connections to Skeletor, the ultimate bad guy for He-Man. Its also going to do more to develop the relationship between Prince Adam and Teela, giving a more rich romantic subplot than we've seen for our main character in the past.

How exciting! A studio's going to produce a MOTU film?!!!

Really?

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

In all seriousness, I'm just fed up with fans getting built up by the rumor mill for decades, spending countless hours of futility posting millions of posts about casting suggestions, etc., etc., only to have their hearts broken. Someone let me know when an actual director has fully casted the film, crewed up, is on location and has called "Action!" Then maybe I'll start to get excited, although it still won't mean anything until it's released.

As usual, take this with a grain of salt.

https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/en...-universe.html
    Last edited by Heeeere's Olesker!; June 29, 2021 at 04:39pm.

I'm essentially having the same attitude towards the MOTU movie as I did with the Sandman movie they kept insisting they were going to do. It's kind of the same situation... every so often you hear news that THIS TIME they're starting up the movie FOR SURE... and I'm just going "Yeah, right. What is this, the sixth or seventh time you were starting up FOR SURE? " When I see some actual production images and/or a teaser trailer, THEN I might start believing that the movie's going to happen. Until then I remain skeptical.

Since we do have two animated series coming up, and those are ACTUALLY being made, I'm not going to hold my breath for a movie.
    Don't think, that'll only confuse you.

We're on the same page, Dina. But that doesn't mean we can't celebrate of MOTU television series and She-Ra. Any way you slice it, MOTU is in ascendancy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dina M View Post
    I'm essentially having the same attitude towards the MOTU movie as I did with the Sandman movie they kept insisting they were going to do. It's kind of the same situation... every so often you hear news that THIS TIME they're starting up the movie FOR SURE... and I'm just going "Yeah, right. What is this, the sixth or seventh time you were starting up FOR SURE? " When I see some actual production images and/or a teaser trailer, THEN I might start believing that the movie's going to happen. Until then I remain skeptical.

Since we do have two animated series coming up, and those are ACTUALLY being made, I'm not going to hold my breath for a movie.