Page 93 of 94 FirstFirst ... 438391929394 LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,325 of 2328

Thread: Netflix's Masters of the Universe Film - Official Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by He-Metayer View Post
    I have to admit I am losing interest in this long-gestating film, looking forward to more cartoons instead!
    You are not alone. I'd trade a "probably going to stink anyways" live action movie for a few more seasons of each of the current MOTU animated shows!

Widget
    Well thanks for checking Voodoo! Can't say I'm not disappointed with what you found out. For some reason I really felt it was going to happen this time at Netflix. Damn!

From Kyle Allen's interview with The Mercury News:

Livermore native Kyle Allen watches in wonder as Hollywood career takes off

His upcoming role in “Masters of Universe” requires a whole different sort of preparation. It requires discipline and a vigorous workout routine even before the filming begins. The Netflix production is slated for a 2024 release.

These days he’s shoveling in some 4,000 calories and training sometimes five to six hours a day. “Just trying to put on the weight,” he said.

The biggest surprise in prepping for a role action star Dolph Lundgren made famous in 1987 is how packing on the muscle has screwed up his balance and “air sense.”

It’s just one more challenge Allen is taking on as he makes the transition from ballet dancer to Hollywood star.

Thanks for the tid bit of information. IF this pans out there is still some hope BUT seriously, where's the other casting name drops? Directors are quiet again.....

I'd like nothing more than to wake up one day do my daily drop in here and find out that they accomplished the impossible and find that they've filmed and cgi'd the crap out of this and that the trailer drops in 2 weeks. No one the wiser. A guy can dream.... and in my dreams Skeletor is badass.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    From Kyle Allen's interview with The Mercury News:
    Whoever thought a ballet dancer (!?!) is within a million light-year radius from anywhere near an appropriate choice to play He-Man must be smoking some really, really weird stuff...

Seriously, a BALLET DANCER as He-Man?!! WTF are these people smoking?!!
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    Whoever thought a ballet dancer (!?!) is within a million light-year radius from anywhere near an appropriate choice to play He-Man must be smoking some really, really weird stuff...

I don't see why a ballet dancer can't play He-Man, it takes a lot of stamina and physical strength to be a dancer.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

It blows my mind that people act as though "He-man" will just be played by a muscly actor. Adam transforms. It's going to have to be CGI. They can easily do it.
    “It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”

Arnold Schwarzenegger took ballet lessons.

Call Your Champion Voodoo Magic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Arnold Schwarzenegger took ballet lessons.
    The swords got in the way though...

- - - - -
    FOR ETERNIA Official YouTube Channel
    News, Podcasts, Reviews, Unboxings and More

ForEternia.com
    News & Content on Masters of the Universe: Revelation, Revolution & More

- - - - -

Start at 20:11

Start at 20:11
    Good to hear! Thanks for sharing!
    “It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”

Netflix's Masters of the Universe Film - Official Discussion

Chris Hemsworth wasn’t particularly big before he got the role as Thor.

As long as he “eats clen, trens hard anavar gives up” I’m sure he will look fine for the role in time.
    Calling all fellow Aussies to post in the Australian Collectors Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ProteinNerd View Post
    Chris Hemsworth wasn’t particularly big before he got the role as Thor.

As long as he “eats clen, trens hard anavar gives up” I’m sure he will look fine for the role in time.
    I could see Hemsworth in the role but I doubt seriously that they will take the same route as Captain America (with Evans being CGI "down").

I also don't see them taking the original films route of He-man being He-man the entire movie.

I believe we'll get an Adam heavy movie with He-man being the crescendo of the film. An actual transformation that keeps up with the fantasy and lore.

So Kyle Allen and some CGI. I think that's the route they'll take.

Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    I could see Hemsworth in the role but I doubt seriously that they will take the same route as Captain America (with Evans being CGI "down").

I also don't see them taking the original films route of He-man being He-man the entire movie.

I believe we'll get an Adam heavy movie with He-man being the crescendo of the film. An actual transformation that keeps up with the fantasy and lore.

So Kyle Allen and some CGI. I think that's the route they'll take.
    Probably has to be that way. See the constant transformations in She-Hulk as an example.

adamneestory.jpg

Let's hope he doesn't turn into a Noah 2.0. 🤞
    - - - - -

ForEternia.com

- - - - -

Widget
    Hmmm....these comments do sound promising! It's at least something. If we could hear a tidbit from the directors that would help too.

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Magic View Post
    The swords got in the way though...

https://i.ibb.co/9ZgwcH8/j8o5komrelk81.jpg
    God, I loved Sandahl Bergman as a kid...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Widget

Stumbled upon on YouTube

This is not related to the Netflix or Sony movie. I stumbled upon this video for a pitch for an 80s cartoon universe by an amateur. He Man movie idea was his first pitch. Im sure its not likely to ever happen, but its just such a good idea I had to share:

https://youtu.be/1IuE3Vx0Mkk

And here's the pitch for an 80s cartoon connected universe of liv action movies:

https://youtu.be/iWIfBHlj08Y
    I'm afraid you'd find it kind of boring, Adam. There are no giant green tigers, or magical castles, but it's a beautiful place filled with beautiful people.

Heroic Warrior
    Maybe it was because NYCC was this weekend, but I'm reminded of what the late Douglas Adams said about the process of movie adaptations in Hollywood (and the adaptation of his book, made after he passed, sucked). "The Hollywood process is like trying to grill a steak by having a succession of people coming into the room and breathing on it."

All things considered, at least MOTU made it to casting. And that's not even done yet. Robotech has gone through half a dozen directors and scripts from everyone from Lawrence Kasdan (writer of two little films called The Empire Strikes Back and Raiders of the Lost Ark) to the original creator of the Macross franchise and never got to cast Rick/Hikaru before some licensing bru-ha-ha derailed the film (last word with them is Sony holds all the cards, wants Robotech to be their Star Wars, and the script is done, but no casting). Voltron went through two scripts in the past ten years, one derailed by licensing issues, one derailed by the Netflix show sucking so hard and doing so badly in merchandise and general audience viewers Universal willingly let the license expire to be rid of it, and then kicked off a bidding war won by Amazon and Jeff Bezos...with no casting done since the war was won by Bezos back in May. Then there are 30+ years of botched attempts to make a live-action Jetsons movie and countless other projects that have long, storied roads to nowhere (to list a few, Captain Planet, Gargoyles, Ranma 1/2, Akira, and Naruto, and that's the tip of the iceberg).

So having a He-Man is definitely a step in the right direction. Whether they ever cast a Skeletor, much less film is anyone's guess.

New video

- - - Updated - - -

--------------------

Filming begins in April

1:42

New video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf6ips9fOcw

- - - Updated - - -

--------------------

Filming begins in April

1:42

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUQUJnVXhBo
    Nice find Tallstar!

So he thinks filming will begin in April. Six months from now. Let's hope the story getting in perfect order that he says they're waiting on, finally happens! 🤞
    - - - - -

ForEternia.com

- - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Magic View Post
    Nice find Tallstar!

So he thinks filming will begin in April. Six months from now. Let's hope the story getting in perfect order that he says they're waiting on, finally happens! 🤞
    🤞

There's going to be another Concept Artists of Television and Film panel tomorrow at LightBox Expo with a lot of artists who are tied to the MOTU film. Hopefully they're able to talk about it this time around. 🤞

@17:12

So I'm hearing this is likely not happening in April either, unfortunately. *sigh* And everything once assigned to the Motu production office has been / is being liquidated or reallocated, which wouldn't be occurring if filming was starting in April.
    - - - - -

ForEternia.com

- - - - -

I think I hear a particularly robust or thick lady singing ....