Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: New Release Date: March 5, 2021 for Sony Pictures' Masters of the Universe film

oh geez.. i have an idea.

Mattel, just give MOTU to Marvel and they will make the movie for sure in 6 months and released after that in 2 months. DONE
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

New Release Date: March 5, 2021 for Sony Pictures' Masters of the Universe film

Quote Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
    Death Note.

JUST FYI, nothing with Netflix is official or confirmed.
    I know. In fact one of my earlier posts notes this as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    EATING each other??

Like... the Zombie Apocalypse?!?

Don't forget about Mission Impossible, Grinch, Jurassic World, John Wick, Toy Story, Hobbs & Shaw, How to Train Your Dragon and the Lion King!

Sorry Krueger, I'm just joshin' with you. A conversation on the word "literally" came up in a topic in the Other Forum and I felt compelled to post here.
    TBF, I did say most.

On another note, I don't know if this is movie-related, or Revelation-related. There seems to be some sort of licensing show kicking off today called Mipcom that seems to be focused on TV. This banner is there. I like the tagline:

EG0wjOCW4AEmbmr.jpg

EG0wkJ-WsAAqIbJ.jpg

Could be Revelation related. If so, that means its also coming in 2021. Although Kevin Smith said on a Q&A on Twitter to expect it in at least 6 months. Or it could be movie-related, as Revelation isn't in the title. I'm a bit confused. They originate from this Twitter account: https://twitter.com/Romain_Nigita/with_replies
    Last edited by Krueger; October 14, 2019 at 11:18am.

It's for the MIPCON which is for the TV market, so it is probably Revelation related.

Very interesting finding.

I'm not sure , it doesn't say "Revelation" but it is the logo from that series or could be the new logo from the brand that they use for another projects.
    The movie is also a possibility because the Netflix news and the "2021".

I'll just be happy when the movie is shooting. I think they have to make the movie at a good price point for Netflix to buy It. It's sad to say... I think they skimped on talent and direction to meet that dollar sign. Realistically how much did you have to pay the Nee brothers and Noah (Prince Netflix) to sign on? They were'nt going after A list for a reason. Sony is trying to make the movie at a low to make it purchasable. Let's hope Noah is young a Christopher Reeves and the Nee brothers are the next Wachowski's.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    “You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing.” George Benard Shaw.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    oh geez.. i have an idea.

Mattel, just give MOTU to Marvel and they will make the movie for sure in 6 months and released after that in 2 months. DONE

Agree. The Marvel/Disney machine works great, I'm sure they would come up with great ideas to portray MOTU on the big screen. I mean Eternals? Guardians? and no Masters? Yeah there must be some kind of MOTU curse, not feeling a Netflix original movie, why MOTU? just release theatrically and flop hard if must happen just like every other 80s property.
    Netflix fits better for TV productions in my opinion, I do not want a TV movie running 90 mins so why the heck Netflix needs enter in the movie business just with MOTU? go ****
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "Good Journey!"
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."
    "The Power of Grayskull Awakens......"
    "Let the Power Returns....!"

Quote Originally Posted by PIMPS ADAM View Post
    I'll just be happy when the movie is shooting. I think they have to make the movie at a good price point for Netflix to buy It. It's sad to say... I think they skimped on talent and direction to meet that dollar sign. Realistically how much did you have to pay the Nee brothers and Noah (Prince Netflix) to sign on? They were'nt going after A list for a reason. Sony is trying to make the movie at a low to make it purchasable. Let's hope Noah is young a Christopher Reeves and the Nee brothers are the next Wachowski's.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    The Nee Brothers have been working in the film industry for over ten years; they just started when they were very young. Yes, MOTU will be their big break, but they are hardly free of experience or talent. I think it’s a little unfair to say that. MOTU was never going to attract A-class talent or a veteran, at least not in the director's chair. The closest you got to with that was McG, being a big Hollywood bigwig. I'll much rather take my chances with the Nee Brothers. As for Noah, well, he can act, and again, I don't think they were ever going to get a veteran for Prince Adam. Out of the choices, I'm very happy with the Nee Brothers, and I'm cautiously optimistic with Noah.

Quote Originally Posted by Triklops 1 View Post
    Agree. The Marvel/Disney machine works great, I'm sure they would come up with great ideas to portray MOTU on the big screen. I mean Eternals? Guardians? and no Masters? Yeah there must be some kind of MOTU curse, not feeling a Netflix original movie, why MOTU? just release theatrically and flop hard if must happen just like every other 80s property.
    Netflix fits better for TV productions in my opinion, I do not want a TV movie running 90 mins so why the heck Netflix needs enter in the movie business just with MOTU? go ****
    I don't know... Outlaw King is a Netflix Original Movie and it is a big-budget film with big-name actors that clocks in at over 2hours.

It's a fantastic movie, and I think a MOTU film could work along these lines if the studio is afraid of a theatrical release...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Heroic Warrior
    I still lack confidence the film will even happen.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I don't know... Outlaw King is a Netflix Original Movie and it is a big-budget film with big-name actors that clocks in at over 2hours.

It's a fantastic movie, and I think a MOTU film could work along these lines if the studio is afraid of a theatrical release...
    But there's no "buzz" about it no matter how good it is. That's the biggest problem with Netflix...their original series have a few buzz-worthy shows but their full-length films do not. Would I rather a great movie with no buzz or a mediocre movie with huge buzz? Obviously as a fan I want the great movie but it could end there...I want a great movie with huge buzz and the only times a film gets people talking is at the box office.

Going to the theater you are already setting aside the time to watch a 2-3 hour film. When you're home, it's more of a "do I have time to start it now before bed?" type of deal. Because of that, the buzz isn't created because the masses aren't watching it during the same weekend. With a series, it's usually just a 30 minute or 60 minute episode to get the buzz going.

I do agree that the biggest negative in all this is potentially losing out on the cinema experience. It would be a blow. TBH, though, it doesn't bother me that greatly in the long run. What I have learnt over the course of many years is that, when it comes to films, it’s the finished product that matters, regardless of any BTS shenanigans and whatnot. If MOTU ends up being a really good film, I won't really be that bothered. People watch original movies on Netflix. You set your time aside to watch a film at the cinema and, from my experience, you do the same at home, don't you? Bright is getting a sequel because it was a big hit for Netflix, so no reason why MOTU can't be the same.

I just read that The Irishman is going to be playing in theatres for four weeks before hitting Netflix. Four weeks is actually quite a long time, as the vast majority of films make most of their money in that timeframe. If this all pans out, I can imagine MOTU hitting theatres in some shape. Especially if it’s looking really good.

This site has "I have the power" MOTU ads that link to Mattel's website.

https://ltw.media/
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    I do agree that the biggest negative in all this is potentially losing out on the cinema experience. It would be a blow. TBH, though, it doesn't bother me that greatly in the long run. What I have learnt over the course of many years is that, when it comes to films, it’s the finished product that matters, regardless of any BTS shenanigans and whatnot. If MOTU ends up being a really good film, I won't really be that bothered. People watch original movies on Netflix. You set your time aside to watch a film at the cinema and, from my experience, you do the same at home, don't you? Bright is getting a sequel because it was a big hit for Netflix, so no reason why MOTU can't be the same.

I just read that The Irishman is going to be playing in theatres for four weeks before hitting Netflix. Four weeks is actually quite a long time, as the vast majority of films make most of their money in that timeframe. If this all pans out, I can imagine MOTU hitting theatres in some shape. Especially if it’s looking really good.
    I believe the difference is...going to the theater is your plan...whereas Netflix is the filler between your plans.

People get excited about Box Office films (especially summer blockbusters)...they set it on their calendars for opening weekend. When things are on Netflix, there is no real sense of urgency because it's always available. On top of that, when you "go out" to the theater, most go with others (maybe in a group per se...so it's an experience that you can talk about and relate to with others at that same time.) and Netflix is a very "solo" thing that you watch yourself or your immediate family.

Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    But there's no "buzz" about it no matter how good it is. That's the biggest problem with Netflix...their original series have a few buzz-worthy shows but their full-length films do not. Would I rather a great movie with no buzz or a mediocre movie with huge buzz?
    Absolutely agree, that's one of my points as well. MOTU need the biggest media exposure ever;
    SPOP and REVELATION are good to let people keep interest in the franchise (The DC comics series 2012-present is also very important for this) but a theatrical movie experience is the only way to risk getting MOTU back to the mainstream, and I mean not the streaming (its doing great for that already)
    I see this as negative move, lack of confidence in the project or maybe just maximize profits to avoid colossal flops. Ditto.
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "Good Journey!"
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."
    "The Power of Grayskull Awakens......"
    "Let the Power Returns....!"

Dynasty Masters Universe DynastyMasters's Avatar
    Wait, now they are saying this movie might not play in theatres, and just go straight to Nextflix, because of cost issues.

I don't like this idea at all!!!

DYNASTY AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE
    http://www.dynastyandthemastersofthe...e.blogspot.com

Which do you think would be the better option for MOTU if Sony ends up making a deal with Netflix:

1) Limited theatrical release.

or

2) Bump the movie release up to February. MOTU trailer during Super Bowl. Movie hits Netflix right after the game.
    Last edited by Tallstar; October 16, 2019 at 07:20am.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Which do you think would be the better option for MOTU if Sony ends up making a deal with Netflix:

1) Limited theatrical release.

or

2) Bump the movie release up to February. MOTU trailer during Super Bowl. Movie hits Netflix right after the game.

Limited Theatrical Release but not limit the amount of theaters. 3-4 weeks as if it was a huge blockbuster. After that, wait a few months and release on Netflix. (The "few months" between the theatrical release and the Netflix release will allow the smaller theaters to capitalize).

I'd also like something "new" for the Netflix release...maybe a teaser at the end for a series?

Big screen?

Quote Originally Posted by wdwfreak53 View Post
    limited theatrical release but not limit the amount of theaters. 3-4 weeks as if it was a huge blockbuster. After that, wait a few months and release on netflix. (the "few months" between the theatrical release and the netflix release will allow the smaller theaters to capitalize).

I'd also like something "new" for the netflix release...maybe a teaser at the end for a series?
    is anybody else even remotely dissapointed that we may not see this on the big screen?????

Its not just about the movie, its the experience - one we have been waiting decades for and now its netflix???? Ge me a fn break!! This is garbage people! Even if the movie rocks (yea someone here will surely respond with "its better than nothing") well i for one dont believe we should settle. Maybe we should start a petition and let sony know this is bs!

I truly hate sony - they are the franchise killers! The only reason spiderman still lives is because marvel stepped in to help them get it right.

sony - if you are considering netflix just sell the property to another studio worth a damn!
    J-DUBYA!!

FEEDBACK LINK http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205315

J to the DUB at YA

Quote Originally Posted by JDubya88788 View Post
    is anybody else even remotely dissapointed that we may not see this on the big screen?????

Its not just about the movie, its the experience - one we have been waiting decades for and now its netflix???? Ge me a fn break!! This is garbage people! Even if the movie rocks (yea someone here will surely respond with "its better than nothing") well i for one dont believe we should settle. Maybe we should start a petition and let sony know this is bs!

I truly hate sony - they are the franchise killers! The only reason spiderman still lives is because marvel stepped in to help them get it right.

sony - if you are considering netflix just sell the property to another studio worth a damn!
    yes. I am with you. I will be really upset if this doesn't hit theaters. I was anxiously looking forward to going to the theater with my little boy to see this. Nowhere near the same if it goes straight to netflix.

Quote Originally Posted by JDubya88788 View Post

I'm right there with you. This movie should be huge...IMAX huge...not a film you stream to your damn iPad. Ugh.

I still say they should partner with Disney...let Disney front the marketing money while Sony pays for the film...take a 50/50 cut of profits and then go from there.

Dynasty Masters Universe DynastyMasters's Avatar
    Can He-man.org do anything to stop this Netflix thing? Start making calls!
    DYNASTY AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE
    http://www.dynastyandthemastersofthe...e.blogspot.com

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by DynastyMasters View Post
    Don't know bout that but i am prety much sure this can't bee done. When you put all of us in theatres i don't think we can even manage a hundred thousand bucks in ticket sales - so do you think Sony would even care?
    Hollywood is all about money and busines

You hear it all the time... "They really know what the fans want and they want to stay true to the characters and looks...and create the best movie possible."

The fans want to see this on the BIG screen. The fans want it to be something they can run out to on opening weekend and sit with other fans. The fans want full life pumped back into the franchise and a straight-to-Netflix release will not do that. What do you think Mattel wants? Do you think they're going to sell boatloads of toys from a Netflix special? (That's basically all this will be in the eyes of the public no matter how good it is). There are a few POP toys in the aisles peg-warming...but I bet if the She-Ra cartoon was just a full-length animated feature straight to Netflix they wouldn't even have that.

Straight to Netflix is the nail in the coffin. It may seem like I'm over-exaggerating but once the fans get through it right away...the dropoff will be huge and that will be it.
    I always relate a film like this to Avatar... Avatar was great on the big screen in 3D because it was an experience and it really had nothing to do with the quality of the plot. You had to see it on the big screen. (Try watching it at home and it's nowhere near the same experience). Pandora was gorgeous...Eternia is gorgeous.

Mattel should be using whatever power they have in this to put a stop to the Netflix-only talk.

I am actually ok with it being on Netflix. Sure it will not get as much media presence if it was in theaters, but I think that if the MotU movie is on Netflix it will have less studio meddling. And I also think the movie has a greater chance at sequels if it's on Netflix since they still have a habit of throwing money at things.

I'm just excited it's still in production-ish. Yay Netflix! The one-stop place for all new MotU and She-Ra!
    "Everything comes to he who waits."