Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: New Release Date: March 5, 2021 for Sony Pictures' Masters of the Universe film

Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    Unpopular Opinion:

On the subject of He-Man's hair, I truly hope they do NOT go for the Prince Valiant hair style. IMHO, that style only works in the Filmation cartoon. On pretty much all He-Man figures ( vintage, 200x, or Classics ), his hair is basically a little messy, and slightly shaggy....it is NOT a perfectly styled Dutch Boy cut. I think that style looks utterly ridiculous on anybody who Cosplays He-Man because it never looks natural. The cartoon made that look famous for He-Man, but I think eliminating it will go a long way towards the character being taken more seriously.

Attachment 120555 Attachment 120556

Just my personal opinion, and zero offense intended!!
    It is not an unpopular opinion though I could see Prince Adam having the page boy hair cut for single scene in the movie.

Unpopular Opinion:

On the subject of He-Man's hair, I truly hope they do NOT go for the Prince Valiant hair style. IMHO, that style only works in the Filmation cartoon. On pretty much all He-Man figures ( vintage, 200x, or Classics ), his hair is basically a little messy, and slightly shaggy....it is NOT a perfectly styled Dutch Boy cut. I think that style looks utterly ridiculous on anybody who Cosplays He-Man because it never looks natural. The cartoon made that look famous for He-Man, but I think eliminating it will go a long way towards the character being taken more seriously.

Completely agree!

Unpopular Opinion:

I think your unpopular opinions is more popular than you think. Also, I seriously doubt the film makers will allow that particular hair style. They really do not want to invite ridicule. I think He-Man might have short bangs, but not that page-boy cut.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

*sighs in relief*

Odd Man Out

They could use Chris Hemsworth's Thor as reference...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I completely agree.

I hope they DON'T.

He-Man and Thor should not look the same.

So long as they don't go the route of those insurance commercials. He man can't have a perfect couif. Shaggy dirty blonde.
    SMANOMEGA'S "NEWER" CUSTOM GALLERY BELOW
    http://s16.photobucket.com/user/sman...?sort=3&page=1

Heroic Warrior
    I want HM to be bald-ing with glasses and everytime Skeletor gets on his nerve hed say "HM is getting upset and Im losing it !"

Skeletor is a step skipper , he skips steps
    Don't you have better thing to do than read this stupid signature

Tony Clifton : Kaufman was a hack....hack sack pack nack !

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder Bread He-Man View Post
    I want HM to be bald-ing with glasses and everytime Skeletor gets on his nerve hed say "HM is getting upset and Im losing it !"

Skeletor is a step skipper , he skips steps
    Skeletor never apologized to He-Man for saying that He-Man's hairdo would stretch out Skelly's hood! He just kept scattin' an' bee-boppin' around!
    Odd Man Out

Widget
    Just visited the film’s IMDb page, and in the “Did you Know?” section it says: “Tom Hardy is considered to play Skeletor”. It is one of ten items listed as trivia. I guess anyone with an IMDb account can edit this, but if this is true, I think Tom Hardy would be a great choice for Skeletor.

Unpopular Opinion:

I agree with your unpopular opinion kind sir!

I didn't want to pass this update.
    according GVN: Far From Home (a reliable site) Casting Director Mary Vernieu has joined MOTU movie .So we should get some casting news now .

A bit worried (but not so much) by the low score of MIB-International on Rotten Tomatoes ,the script guys are the same of motu movie.

Tom Hardy as Keldor/Skeletor would be amazing!
    Last edited by heavy-eternium; June 15, 2019 at 05:45pm.

I wouldn't be too concerned by the screenwriters. It takes a lot more to bring a film to life. The director of that never did it for me, either. Remember, the Nee brothers also worked on the MOTU script.

MIB: International just looks so generic and boring. It gives you no reason whatsoever why you need to watch it in the cinema. Nothing stands out, apart from the casting, but even that isn't enough for that kind of property, IMO. As a result, it’s suffering for it. Lots of reboots and sequels have been underperforming lately. Some new blood is needed (in the form of a new IP). That's where something like MOTU comes in. Audiences want new things, too.

And yes, I read about the casting director on Twitter. She's worked on some very big projects with some very big stars, so fingers crossed. We should start to hear some additional casting within the next few weeks or so (hopefully!).

Also, Ann Foley (the costume designer) and Adam Nee just recently started following each other on Instagram. So I suppose that means work is indeed being done on the costumes. Just typing that has made me excited. Oh, and Noah Centineo has been spending a lot of time in the gym recently, if his Instagram stories are to be believed.
    Last edited by Krueger; June 15, 2019 at 07:20pm.

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    I didn't want to pass this update.
    according GVN: Far From Home (a reliable site) Casting Director Mary Vernieu has joined MOTU movie .So we should get some casting news now .
    Awesome! Someone added Raylin Sabo and Sydney Shircliff on the IMDb page, too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Oh, and Noah Centineo has been spending a lot of time in the gym recently, if his Instagram stories are to be believed.
    MTV - ALERT: NOAH CENTINEO HAS HE-MAN MUSCLES NOW

http://www.mtv.com/news/3127916/noah...e-man-muscles/
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Yep, he's definitely bulking up. He has natural size anyway, so it would be a lot easier for someone like him. Filming is scheduled to begin in August (unless it gets pushed to September, which could happen), so there's plenty of time for more.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Yep, he's definitely bulking up. He has natural size anyway, so it would be a lot easier for someone like him. Filming is scheduled to begin in August (unless it gets pushed to September, which could happen), so there's plenty of time for more.
    If filming starts in August, will we see some key costum designs (drawing) soon?

How does this usually works in Hollywood?

From the Star wars sequels we saw some costumes very early...

Quote Originally Posted by king.of.grayskull View Post
    If filming starts in August, will we see some key costum designs (drawing) soon?

How does this usually works in Hollywood?

From the Star wars sequels we saw some costumes very early...
    A couple of things spring to mind. Basically, if there is a lot of location shooting (so filming outdoors and the like), then set pictures are bound to leak of the actors and extras in their costumes. There's nothing the studio can do about that. Set pictures leak all the time. However, to combat this, sometimes studios release official pictures of the actors in costume before shooting begins, to basically get a head start on the leaks. Of course, MOTU could entirely be shot in a studio, which basically means no pictures at all will leak. So who knows? We may (may), get something official at SDCC. I remember someone asked Adam Nee on Instagram if he will be there with MOTU, and although he said he didn’t think so, he also said not to quote him. So make of that what you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    MTV - ALERT: NOAH CENTINEO HAS HE-MAN MUSCLES NOW

http://www.mtv.com/news/3127916/noah...e-man-muscles/
    and......here he comes the next best Hollywood Superstar!
    Very good choice, I think Dolph would approve plus you dont need to have big muscles/steroids to represent the most powerful man in the universe especially because in these days and age to paraphrase a known filmation episode, the real power comes from within!

Go Noah, dont listen haters and have fun in this new project!
    Hopefully more exciting casting news will be announced soon! We need at least 1-2 A-list plus some unknown, could be more power stars if the budget around 150$ or so
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."
    "LET THE POWER RETURNS....!"

https://comicbook.com/movies/2019/06...noah-centineo/

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk
    “You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing.” George Benard Shaw.

He already looks more mature and less of a baby face....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Centineo was also asked if he's started practicing He-Man's iconic "I have the power!" catchphrase, to which he responded with a confident yes.

“I’ve been screaming it until my voice is vocally fried, man." Centineo revealed.

We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Centineo was also asked if he's started practicing He-Man's iconic "I have the power!" catchphrase, to which he responded with a confident yes.

“I’ve been screaming it until my voice is vocally fried, man." Centineo revealed.

I am glad he is really getting into and taking the role seriously.

This is an interesting quote from the article

“I had a really irreverent take on Masters of the Universe, and the studio, at the time, was very focused on a Game of Thrones/Lord of the Rings take." Jeff Wadlow revealed...

It seems the SONY wants a more serious take the film. This fine as long as it has clear vision of what is going to happen with the universe they are creating.

I wonder what idea the script will be like if they're using the series or the older comics?
    Modulock: But why can't I join your gang? Skeletor: Cause you're a wimp scientist and you could be a wimp villain. Prove to me what you can do and then will discuss letting you join up!

Quote Originally Posted by PIMPS ADAM View Post
    https://comicbook.com/movies/2019/06...noah-centineo/

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk
    Damn he’s getting huge.