Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
Results 226 to 250 of 299

Thread: New Release Date: March 5, 2021 for Sony Pictures' Masters of the Universe film

  1. #226
    Heroic Warrior DGSimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    107
    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    We did have an idea. It was initially reported that filming would begin in July in Prague. Then about a month or so later it was reported that shooting would begin on August 19th. Interestingly, the new August date was revealed about a week after Noah Centineo came on board. I think the date was pushed back to accommodate for Noah's shooting schedule. Still, this new film is sceduled to wrap on August 31st, which leads me to believe that shooting on MOTU will probably be pushed to September.
    The problem was that is much of the info came from Production Weekly who aren't reliable and generally ignored by the more reputable trades.

    I mean they're still assembling a preproduction crew and have no cast and we're heading into July. I wouldn't be surprised to see filming start in early 2020 at this point.

  2. #227
    Argenternian heavy-eternium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    BUENOS AIRES,ARGENTINA,SOUTH OF HEAVEN
    Posts
    2,025
    Quote Originally Posted by DGSimo View Post
    The problem was that is much of the info came from Production Weekly who aren't reliable and generally ignored by the more reputable trades.
    Actually the source (August 19) was Discussing Film,it's a reliable site with a excellent record
    Last edited by heavy-eternium; June 25, 2019 at 02:05pm.

  3. #228
    Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Grove City, Ohio USA
    Posts
    1,000
    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    We did have an idea. It was initially reported that filming would begin in July in Prague. Then about a month or so later it was reported that shooting would begin on August 19th. Interestingly, the new August date was revealed about a week after Noah Centineo came on board. I think the date was pushed back to accommodate for Noah's shooting schedule. Still, this new film is sceduled to wrap on August 31st, which leads me to believe that shooting on MOTU will probably be pushed to September.
    When did his other film start shooting? Would be odd if he suddenly bulked up during production... especially if they have to do pickup shots later.
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

    Creator of Kaiju Kaos.

  4. #229
    Heroic Warrior DGSimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    107
    Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    Actually the source (August 19) was Discussing Film,it's a reliable site with a excellent record
    The site wasn't specific and they broke the Prague and August news in March, while Production Weekly was discussing Late July and Prague a month prior.

    Regardless, both sites were bogus considering Noah is filming another film until the end August debunking both sites.

  5. #230
    Cobra Saboteur Firefly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Classified
    Posts
    11,354
    They could maybe still be doing some preliminary stuff in August in Prague. They don't need the cast there right away.

  6. #231
    Heroic Warrior Krueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    3,817
    Discussing Film is not a bogus source. They have a proven track record for many things. They're to be completely trusted. They were the first to report on the "supposed" costume designer for the film. Now her and Adam Nee are following each other on Instagram.

    Things change, but I have no doubt that at the time of reporting, August 19th was the shoot date and Prague was the location. As I said before, it’s possible it was pushed back from July to August to accommodate for Noah's schedule. I do think it will be pushed back further, though.
    Last edited by Krueger; June 25, 2019 at 07:27pm.

  7. #232
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    79
    https://www.praguereporter.com/home/...ted-for-august

    Nothing really new, but Prague Reporter posted this on twitter yesterday It's always nice to see fresh articles about the movie, hehe

  8. #233
    Loco Motu Vato ehenyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    10,145
    Quote Originally Posted by ShangTs View Post
    https://www.praguereporter.com/home/...ted-for-august

    Nothing really new, but Prague Reporter posted this on twitter yesterday It's always nice to see fresh articles about the movie, hehe
    Looks like the reporter initially misspelled the directors' last name. So, don't know how legit the source is.
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

  9. #234
    Heroic Warrior DGSimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    107
    Quote Originally Posted by ehenyo View Post
    Looks like the reporter initially misspelled the directors' last name. So, don't know how legit the source is.
    I reached out to them a few days ago to clarify on their "official info" about that August date and they've yet to respond. I'll assume they just got wind of the film via Google and DF. lol

    Also Sony is skipping SDCC so no MOTU this year for sure.

  10. #235
    Widget
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by DGSimo View Post
    I reached out to them a few days ago to clarify on their "official info" about that August date and they've yet to respond. I'll assume they just got wind of the film via Google and DF. lol

    Also Sony is skipping SDCC so no MOTU this year for sure.
    Not if Mattel does something or talks about something

  11. #236
    Heroic Warrior Krueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    3,817
    Yeah, Sony won't be there. For some reason, loads of the major studios are giving this year a miss. SDCC, this year, is going to belong to the MCU. Maybe something from Mattel, but I wouldn't hold my breath. If all goes smoothly, next year's should be MOTU-heavy.

  12. #237
    Council Elder Tallstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    In support of Joe Amato & the Meteorbs
    Posts
    29,547
    Exclusive: Sony Temporarily Shuts Down Noah Centineo’s ‘Masters of the Universe’ Movie

    https://heroichollywood.com/sony-shu...-the-universe/
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

  13. #238
    Skeletor's Right Hand Man Megalodon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Snake Mountain
    Posts
    4,883
    No Skeletor is NOT Adam's brother.....

    He's Randor's brother....

    How hard is it to do this film right anyway?? Just make a live action film out of the MYP cartoon...

  14. #239
    Heroic Warrior DGSimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    107
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Exclusive: Sony Temporarily Shuts Down Noah Centineo’s ‘Masters of the Universe’ Movie

    https://heroichollywood.com/sony-shu...-the-universe/
    Welp. Almost made it. lol

  15. #240
    Cobra Saboteur Firefly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Classified
    Posts
    11,354
    Nooooo! I'd like to see it confirmed by another source or two like Hollywood Reporter, Deadline, or Variety. The film's budget is going to have to be around $100 to $150 million at least (not including money already spent or marketing) or it just won't be able to be done properly.

  16. #241
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Europe/Slovenia
    Posts
    77
    I have tweeted to Adam, Sony and Heroic Hollywood. Let's see how legit is this - maybe no one will tell anything about it

  17. #242
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    79
    Aaaand...here we go again...

  18. #243
    Loco Motu Vato ehenyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    10,145
    Sony and Mattel need to get this **** together already. They get so much free PR, free **** money, and they feel that it's still too expensive???
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

  19. #244
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Europe/Slovenia
    Posts
    77
    IMO that's why we didn't get any other casting news

  20. #245
    Heroic Warrior manowar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Chicago IL
    Posts
    776
    Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    IMO that's why we didn't get any other casting news
    I agree, seems like they were eager to get someone to name, just to put it out in the news.....then zippo

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

  21. #246
    Council Elder Tallstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    In support of Joe Amato & the Meteorbs
    Posts
    29,547
    Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    I have tweeted to Adam, Sony and Heroic Hollywood. Let's see how legit is this - maybe no one will tell anything about it
    Umberto Gonzalez from The Wrap is the founder of Heroic Hollywood. If some of you will recall, he used to date/was in a relationship with Lauren Ash (Scorpia) from She-Ra and the Princesses of Power. Before we had all of the cast names for that series, I believe he tweeted something along the lines of 'My ex-girlfriend voices a character on that show.' Firefly then figured out that it was probably Lauren Ash that he was talking about.

    Not sure about the author of this article. I don't know anything about him.
    Last edited by Tallstar; June 29, 2019 at 05:33pm.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

  22. #247
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Europe/Slovenia
    Posts
    77
    I remember him (Umberto) when he was at Latino Review. He reviewed Grayskull script and said that it was great - he is legit. But it would be nice to get some comfirmation from other sources too

  23. #248
    Yuengling danielsan52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Pasadena, MD
    Posts
    2,871
    Danielsan52


    HELP! The Devil's in my Car!!
    The B-52's

  24. #249
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    494
    What! Whaat! O.K. the budget... i understand..., but the SCRIPT also!

    This movie will probably never happen!

    The only problem is, that Mattel is obsessed with the idea, that a MOVIE will refresh the franchise. They should produce a cartoon or something else... 10 years they work with Sony... 10 lost years...

  25. #250
    Council Elder Tallstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    In support of Joe Amato & the Meteorbs
    Posts
    29,547
    Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    But it would be nice to get some comfirmation from other sources too
    Oh yeah, definitely. Sorry if my post came across like I was dismissing the notion of getting more confirmation.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •