Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: New Release Date: March 5, 2021 for Sony Pictures' Masters of the Universe film

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    We did have an idea. It was initially reported that filming would begin in July in Prague. Then about a month or so later it was reported that shooting would begin on August 19th. Interestingly, the new August date was revealed about a week after Noah Centineo came on board. I think the date was pushed back to accommodate for Noah's shooting schedule. Still, this new film is sceduled to wrap on August 31st, which leads me to believe that shooting on MOTU will probably be pushed to September.
    The problem was that is much of the info came from Production Weekly who aren't reliable and generally ignored by the more reputable trades.

I mean they're still assembling a preproduction crew and have no cast and we're heading into July. I wouldn't be surprised to see filming start in early 2020 at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by DGSimo View Post
    The problem was that is much of the info came from Production Weekly who aren't reliable and generally ignored by the more reputable trades.
    Actually the source (August 19) was Discussing Film,it's a reliable site with a excellent record
    Last edited by heavy-eternium; June 25, 2019 at 02:05pm.

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    We did have an idea. It was initially reported that filming would begin in July in Prague. Then about a month or so later it was reported that shooting would begin on August 19th. Interestingly, the new August date was revealed about a week after Noah Centineo came on board. I think the date was pushed back to accommodate for Noah's shooting schedule. Still, this new film is sceduled to wrap on August 31st, which leads me to believe that shooting on MOTU will probably be pushed to September.
    When did his other film start shooting? Would be odd if he suddenly bulked up during production... especially if they have to do pickup shots later.
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Creator of Kaiju Kaos.

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    Actually the source (August 19) was Discussing Film,it's a reliable site with a excellent record
    The site wasn't specific and they broke the Prague and August news in March, while Production Weekly was discussing Late July and Prague a month prior.

Regardless, both sites were bogus considering Noah is filming another film until the end August debunking both sites.

They could maybe still be doing some preliminary stuff in August in Prague. They don't need the cast there right away.

Discussing Film is not a bogus source. They have a proven track record for many things. They're to be completely trusted. They were the first to report on the "supposed" costume designer for the film. Now her and Adam Nee are following each other on Instagram.

Things change, but I have no doubt that at the time of reporting, August 19th was the shoot date and Prague was the location. As I said before, it’s possible it was pushed back from July to August to accommodate for Noah's schedule. I do think it will be pushed back further, though.
    Last edited by Krueger; June 25, 2019 at 07:27pm.

Heroic Warrior
    https://www.praguereporter.com/home/...ted-for-august

Nothing really new, but Prague Reporter posted this on twitter yesterday It's always nice to see fresh articles about the movie, hehe

Quote Originally Posted by ShangTs View Post
    https://www.praguereporter.com/home/...ted-for-august

Nothing really new, but Prague Reporter posted this on twitter yesterday It's always nice to see fresh articles about the movie, hehe
    Looks like the reporter initially misspelled the directors' last name. So, don't know how legit the source is.
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

Quote Originally Posted by ehenyo View Post
    Looks like the reporter initially misspelled the directors' last name. So, don't know how legit the source is.
    I reached out to them a few days ago to clarify on their "official info" about that August date and they've yet to respond. I'll assume they just got wind of the film via Google and DF. lol

Also Sony is skipping SDCC so no MOTU this year for sure.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by DGSimo View Post
    I reached out to them a few days ago to clarify on their "official info" about that August date and they've yet to respond. I'll assume they just got wind of the film via Google and DF. lol

Also Sony is skipping SDCC so no MOTU this year for sure.
    Not if Mattel does something or talks about something

Yeah, Sony won't be there. For some reason, loads of the major studios are giving this year a miss. SDCC, this year, is going to belong to the MCU. Maybe something from Mattel, but I wouldn't hold my breath. If all goes smoothly, next year's should be MOTU-heavy.

Exclusive: Sony Temporarily Shuts Down Noah Centineo’s ‘Masters of the Universe’ Movie

https://heroichollywood.com/sony-shu...-the-universe/
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Skeletor's Right Hand Man Megalodon's Avatar
    No Skeletor is NOT Adam's brother.....

He's Randor's brother....

How hard is it to do this film right anyway?? Just make a live action film out of the MYP cartoon...

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Exclusive: Sony Temporarily Shuts Down Noah Centineo’s ‘Masters of the Universe’ Movie

https://heroichollywood.com/sony-shu...-the-universe/
    Welp. Almost made it. lol

Nooooo! I'd like to see it confirmed by another source or two like Hollywood Reporter, Deadline, or Variety. The film's budget is going to have to be around $100 to $150 million at least (not including money already spent or marketing) or it just won't be able to be done properly.

Heroic Warrior
    I have tweeted to Adam, Sony and Heroic Hollywood. Let's see how legit is this - maybe no one will tell anything about it

Heroic Warrior
    Aaaand...here we go again...

Sony and Mattel need to get this **** together already. They get so much free PR, free **** money, and they feel that it's still too expensive???
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

Heroic Warrior
    IMO that's why we didn't get any other casting news

Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    IMO that's why we didn't get any other casting news
    I agree, seems like they were eager to get someone to name, just to put it out in the news.....then zippo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I have tweeted to Adam, Sony and Heroic Hollywood. Let's see how legit is this - maybe no one will tell anything about it
    Umberto Gonzalez from The Wrap is the founder of Heroic Hollywood. If some of you will recall, he used to date/was in a relationship with Lauren Ash (Scorpia) from She-Ra and the Princesses of Power. Before we had all of the cast names for that series, I believe he tweeted something along the lines of 'My ex-girlfriend voices a character on that show.' Firefly then figured out that it was probably Lauren Ash that he was talking about.

Not sure about the author of this article. I don't know anything about him.
    Last edited by Tallstar; June 29, 2019 at 05:33pm.

Heroic Warrior
    I remember him (Umberto) when he was at Latino Review. He reviewed Grayskull script and said that it was great - he is legit. But it would be nice to get some comfirmation from other sources too

Danielsan52

HELP! The Devil's in my Car!!
    The B-52's

Heroic Warrior
    What! Whaat! O.K. the budget... i understand..., but the SCRIPT also!

This movie will probably never happen!

The only problem is, that Mattel is obsessed with the idea, that a MOVIE will refresh the franchise. They should produce a cartoon or something else... 10 years they work with Sony... 10 lost years...

But it would be nice to get some comfirmation from other sources too
    Oh yeah, definitely. Sorry if my post came across like I was dismissing the notion of getting more confirmation.