Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast

Thread: New Release Date: March 5, 2021 for Sony Pictures' Masters of the Universe film

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by baileyrecords View Post
    What if everything has been a smoke and mirrors act and MOTU is already filming or in post production? And we've been Blue Harvested? I honestly don't think it's possible in today's society with today's tech, but What If?...
    Not even JJ Abrams has that much power.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    Look, I could be completely wrong. But after having worked in the business for close to forty years it's very difficult for me to believe that any studio is going to invest $150 million into a MOTU film, let alone with untried and unproven directors and with a past history of a MOTU film underperforming. Again, I could be completely wrong and I hope I am, but, sad to say, it's a possible formula for the collapse of a studio imo.

I'm not trying to be a Debbie downer; just realistic, and it breaks my heart to see fandom getting all built up about the film year after year only to see their hopes dashed.

Please don't kill the messenger.
    It's certainly not unprecedented, but with a guy like Tom Rothman in charge of the studio, an executive who is known for being a strict micro-manager, it seems highly unlikely.

Tom Rothman wouldn't even green light Deadpool for years until he was ousted from 20th Century Fox, and that was with a proven cinematic commodity with X-Men and fan demand who wanted to see a Deadpool movie. And the catch is that the original Deadpool came in UNDER $60 million. Basically a fraction of what the normal major blockbuster tentpole or comic book superhero movie costs these days.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    Look, I could be completely wrong. But after having worked in the business for close to forty years it's very difficult for me to believe that any studio is going to invest $150 million into a MOTU film, let alone with untried and unproven directors and with a past history of a MOTU film underperforming. Again, I could be completely wrong and I hope I am, but, sad to say, it's a possible formula for the collapse of a studio imo.

I'm not trying to be a Debbie downer; just realistic, and it breaks my heart to see fandom getting all built up about the film year after year only to see their hopes dashed.

Please don't kill the messenger.
    I don't think that you're in the wrong.

In fact, this is the perfect explanation for why we have seen nothing come to fruition, as far as a new MOTU movie, in over 30 years.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Widget
    Small update from Noah Centineo.
    Asked about his injury at the Charlie’s Angels premiere.

"Has it affected filming at all? Cause you are He-Man".
    Noah : “No, not at all”.

"Are you filming that now?"
    Noah: “Not right now”.

Master of New Adventures!
    No, reeeeeeeeally?

Quote Originally Posted by Mek View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocwST0RGEJU

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks for update!

I'm calling it! I don't think he'll be He-Man (he's either Prince Adam, he's out entirely or the project has gone back into 'development'). Look at the way he answers that question "has it affected filming at all, cuz you're our He-Man?" To which he responds, "no, not at all". Is he responding to the statement "you're our He-Man" when he says "no, not at all" I wonder?
    Last edited by Adam_Adamant; November 12, 2019 at 05:21pm. Reason: typo

Yeah......I have a feeling if Netflix gets this, they'll be doing another pass on the script, and depending on the story, they might be recasting actors.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I'm just ok with Noah Centineo to stay as Prince Adam I mean it's quite obvious they're going with the Ruffalo's cgi techinque with him and that would be so marvelous, then I would like Lin Miranda as Keldor because has great acting skills, I mean need more casting news as soon as possible. BTW I'm liking all the recent hyped bat-casting news so far
    This franchise needs to resurrect in all its glorious epic possible way, plus the joes are already at movie no.3, MOTU is no less than any other 80s giant toy brand
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "Good Journey!"
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."
    "The Power of Grayskull Awakens......"
    "Let the Power Returns....!"

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Adamant View Post
    I'm calling it! I don't think he'll be He-Man (he's either Prince Adam, he's out entirely or the project has gone back into 'development'). Look at the way he answers that question "has it affected filming at all, cuz you're our He-Man?" To which he responds, "no, not at all". Is he responding to the statement "you're our He-Man" when he says "no, not at all" I wonder?
    It’s clear that Noah is answering the "Has it affected filming at all?" part of her question, which comes before her saying "You are He-Man". I don't think Noah would reveal he's not playing He-Man in such an abrupt, unprofessional manner.

Quote Originally Posted by manowar View Post
    Yeah......I have a feeling if Netflix gets this, they'll be doing another pass on the script, and depending on the story, they might be recasting actors.
    I don't think that's how the proposed deal will work. Sony will make their version of the film, and then sell distribution rights to Netflix. I could be wrong, though. The two best articles on the potential deal are to be found on the Hollywood Reporter, and Collider. Both make it sound as though Sony will make the film for Netflix, and then sell it to them.
    Last edited by Krueger; November 12, 2019 at 09:30pm.

Heroic Warrior
    It can't affect filming when nothing is being filmed.

-CM Punk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocwST0RGEJU
    Thanks for the update!
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by ShangTs View Post
    Thanks for update!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Thanks for the update!
    You're welcome. Only fair that I also post movie related information when I find it, having enjoyed your posts and updates for quite some time

I still choose to believe this film will eventually get made, and I hope it will get a theatrical release as currently planned. I also think it can turn out to be very good!

Adam Nee just Liked Kellan Lutz's tweet wishing everyone good luck with the MOTU shoot. Just thought I'd pass it on.

It’s something, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Adam Nee just Liked Kellan Lutz's tweet wishing everyone good luck with the MOTU shoot. Just thought I'd pass it on.

It’s something, right?
    maybe, maybe not..... that's a nice tidbit though..

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

You're welcome. Only fair that I also post movie related information when I find it, having enjoyed your posts and updates for quite some time

I still choose to believe this film will eventually get made, and I hope it will get a theatrical release as currently planned. I also think it can turn out to be very good!
    <3

It’s something, right?
    I'll take it.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Heroic Warrior

It’s something, right?
    Mark Wahlberg as Victor Sullivan is also something.

-CM Punk

Apparently the new Charlie’s Angels (also from Sony) is not having a good opening weekend at the box office. Let the speculation begin how this might impact Masters.

https://deadline.com/2019/11/charlie...hy-1202787938/

Charlie's Angels had bomb written all over it from the start. Sony has not been making many good decisions. Hopefully, they don't sell off to Disney before the MOTU movie gets made. Luckily, they still have the Spider-Man franchise.

Not that it would have been as much competition as Mortal Kombat, but Disney is moving Fox's Nimona movie based on Noelle Stevenson's works from 3/5/21 to 1/14/22. I expect MOTU to move out of its spot whether it goes to Netflix or not, though. We should have heard more casting by now.

MOTU or not, I'm pretty sure Sony will recoup any losses they're going to incur from Charlie's Angels next month with Jumanji 2. But yeah, that's two films Sony have released this year (MIB: International and Charlie's Angels) that had flop written all over them. To soften the blow, though, I think the budget on CA was relatively sensible (I think I read 48 million). So, it might actually make a bit of it back from overseas.

But yeah, this will have no impact on MOTU's chances of getting made at all. I'm still optimistic that this whole Netflix deal will happen. One of the main reasons is because I'm close to 100% sure the film will actually get made once and for all. My money's on hearing something more concrete by next month. I think whilst the talks are happening, a bit of a stopper might have been put in place.

I just hope the Nee brothers don't leave. If they leave, all bets are off. We would be right back at square one.
    Last edited by Krueger; November 17, 2019 at 02:00pm.

Who was asking for another CA movie anyways? Same goes for MIB int. I think maybe some of the higher ups at Sony need the boot , starting with Tom R. MOTU is WAY overdue then on to Thundercats HO!!!!
    SMANOMEGA'S "NEWER" CUSTOM GALLERY BELOW
    http://s16.photobucket.com/user/sman...?sort=3&page=1

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffcope View Post
    Apparently the new Charlie’s Angels (also from Sony) is not having a good opening weekend at the box office. Let the speculation begin how this might impact Masters.

https://deadline.com/2019/11/charlie...hy-1202787938/
    Next to nothing. Other than that this idea that Noah Centineo's Instagram followers are automatic movie tickets sold is utterly meaningless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by smanomega View Post
    Who was asking for another CA movie anyways? Same goes for MIB int. I think maybe some of the higher ups at Sony need the boot , starting with Tom R. MOTU is WAY overdue then on to Thundercats HO!!!!
    Who is asking for another He-Man movie anyways outside of the He-Man.org circle?

-CM Punk

Who's asking ? Google search it . If those hundred you tube videos aren't enough for you.....
    SMANOMEGA'S "NEWER" CUSTOM GALLERY BELOW
    http://s16.photobucket.com/user/sman...?sort=3&page=1

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by manowar View Post

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    I think — and this is probably controversial here — that the best sign for MOTU is if they get comedy or prolific character actors for supporting/ensemble roles.

That’s been a magic ingredient in a lot of stuff. If we start seeing folks from Community, Parks & Rec, the Whedon ensemble, Doctor Who, Mad Men, Breaking Bad, etc., that’s GENERALLY been a good move for these projects, with more being better.

Aquaman is the one big tentpole genre movie I can think of that didn’t have any. Justice League had J.K. Simmons at least and I’m not calling that an unmitigated success but stuff like GotG has a ton of comedy actors. That probably won’t work for your principals here because they’re young.

But if they could announce, say, Nick Offerman as Man-at-Arms and Chris Sullivan as Ram Man and Alan Tudyk as Mekanek, my confidence level would go way up. These kinds of folks are ensemble glue. Even a few Broadway actors.

The difference between even a mediocre success or cult favorite that recoups money years later and a total flop is having seasoned actors who know how to build an ensemble.

I’m not saying they need to play the characters AS funny but I think that comedy background — especially ensemble comedy — is the strongest acting muscle when it comes to making sure the performances aren’t MST3k-worthy.

Even if they are, a cast of seasoned comedy folks will give performances worth rewatching in 10 years like Southland Tales. Which was a flop and probably not a great movie but at least the cast is worth watching it for even years later if you’ve never seen it.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by smanomega View Post
    Who's asking ? Google search it . If those hundred you tube videos aren't enough for you.....
    Those are a drop in the bucket to what it takes to make a movie like this successful.

-CM Punk

Quote Originally Posted by jeffcope View Post
    Apparently the new Charlie’s Angels (also from Sony) is not having a good opening weekend at the box office.
    This is not a surprise at all.

It sounded bad on paper when announced and it looked awful when it was first shown.

Sony should have just let the team behind "Spider-Verse" make a Totally Spies movie. I guarantee it would have made more money than this new Charlie's Angels...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!