Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: New Release Date: March 5, 2021 for Sony Pictures' Masters of the Universe film

Quote Originally Posted by Nemescream View Post
    I could actually see the blonde hair being a part of his transformation into He-Man, with Adam retaining Noah’s natural hair color.
    SJW's will love a dark man turning blonde as part of his superpower, lol.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    My personal opinion is that they should use just a little CGI to add bulk when he's He-Man, and also some forced perspective to make him seem somewhat taller. ( He should be a little larger than life ) I like the idea of his hair changing color as He-Man, too.

That said, I'm totally fine with them ditching the secret identity. Maybe have the movie start off like that, but over the course of the movie several people find out, and everybody just goes with it.
    I would really like it if they ditch the secret identity. I think the DC MOTU books and the current Netflix She-ra cartoon show that it really is unnecessary

Quote Originally Posted by He-Metayer View Post
    I would really like it if they ditch the secret identity. I think the DC MOTU books and the current Netflix She-ra cartoon show that it really is unnecessary
    I don't mind the secret identity aspect, but in this instance, it just detracts and uses up too much time in a 2 hour movie.

For an entire series that ran everyday, the secret identity is a great plot device, but not so much for a movie that could do without it... but, I'd be fine either way.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

I feel like a secret identity would work better if Adam were much younger. The whole transformation aspect could be used as a metaphor for growing up. Imagine feeling helpless, and weak, and insignificant, but having courage. Then you're given the power to transform yourself physically, with the strength to act on your convictions.

If it's an adult Adam transforming back and forth between He-man and Adam, it could seem silly. If it's a one shot, where Adam permanently transformed into He-man, it might work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by manowar View Post
    I feel like a secret identity would work better if Adam were much younger. The whole transformation aspect could be used as a metaphor for growing up. Imagine feeling helpless, and weak, and insignificant, but having courage. Then you're given the power to transform yourself physically, with the strength to act on your convictions.

If it's an adult Adam transforming back and forth between He-man and Adam, it could seem silly. If it's a one shot, where Adam permanently transformed into He-man, it might work.

I think they missed that boat because of Shazam!. Transforming into He-Man and then back to Adam once is all they should do.

Court Magician
    I would love to see movies where POG, MOTU, POP and SOH get used in 3 - 5 movies.

First movie: Adam learns of his heritage and becomes He-Man, battling Skeletor. King Randor & Queen Marlena feature in it. The filmation heroic and evil warriors feature as well. Snakemen premise at the end.
    Second movie: The Snakemen features (Skeletor deposed with most of the evil warriors at the start). Kobra Khan and Evil-Lyn feature. Evil Horde hinted at.
    Third movie: Hordak and the Evil Horde feature and Adam / He-man learns of Adora. POP brought into the story & Skeletor and the evil warriors make a comeback. Flashback of Adora's kidnapping. Big battle with Snakemen.
    Fourth movie: POG (prequel to first movie) - Unnamed One introduced at the end.
    Fifth movie: SOH

My idea uses the Filmation / Classics timelines.

I guess a person can dream.

Leonard

They have concerns!

Who has concerns? Why should I care about their concerns? Why give clowns like these air time? Even their description for the video shows how ignorant they are of film, in general.
    Last edited by Krueger; June 20, 2019 at 07:16pm.

All these 2 do is bash anything new for POP & MOTU. it’s like what their whole podcast is about.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Who has concerns? Why should I care about their concerns? Why give clowns like these air time? Even their description for the video shows how ignorant they are of film, in general.
    Can you clarify what part of the discription actually indicates ignorance?

Quote Originally Posted by Melfis View Post
    Can you clarify what part of the discription actually indicates ignorance?
    The part where they more or less write off the film because the main actor has done nothing but romantic comedies, and the director's have a history of doing indie films. Neither of these two points prove they haven't the qualifications to handle something bigger like MOTU, as history has proven many times before.

Heroic Warrior
    The part where they more or less write off the film because the main actor has done nothing but romantic comedies, and the director's have a history of doing indie films. Neither of these two points prove they haven't the qualifications to handle something bigger like MOTU, as history has proven many times before.
    But it is also not proof that it will work, as history has proven many times before (e.g. Josh Trank, Rian Johnson, Duncan Jones etc.). They also state that it is their concern not that they know it will fail because of that. I can understand their concerns especially with those 2 scribes at work. But even though we live in an outrage culture where you need to be either on one side of the spectrum or the other in order to be relevant, I really don't think that it is in our best interest to devalue someone elses opinions or in this case "concerns" just because they don't line up with mine. I would really like to know if there is a specific date in time where we stopped even trying to understand what other peoples concerns are and having a discourse.
    It may seem exaggerated for this conversation but I just really got problems with this kind of attitude. Where does this start and, even more important, where will it end? Constant positivity can be as annoying as constant negativity.

I do actually agree with some points you're making, but to have concern over something we know so little about yet? Literally, nothing is known about the direction itís going to take. So yes, I do believe they're jumping the gun and have gone for the easier stance. Maybe in a year's time (providing everything goes smoothly), we can come back to this. But to have concern, now, at such an early stage, because of the choice of actor and director's is very premature and, IMO, shows a little ignorance to filmmaking. There are many more established filmmakers out there (even Oscar winners) who would give me much more cause for concern than the Nee Brothers.

Of course, I have only seen one film they have made (Band of Robbers) and I have to say, I liked it. Quite a lot, actually. I think they've got a good visual eye and I enjoyed the quirky characters and sense of humour. However, when it needed to, the film also had moments of darkness and drama, which worked quite well. Of course, this is all my own opinion, but from that film, I'm very confident in them as filmmakers.

The writer's may be more of a problem, but the Nee brothers have also contributed to the script. So having seen some of their work, I have confidence in them as filmmakers. As for Noah Centineo, I have no idea, because I haven't seen anything he's done. But I'm not going to write him off and voice my concern because he's known for acting in a completely different genre (which they make a point to mention).
    Last edited by Krueger; June 23, 2019 at 10:26am.

I do actually agree with some points you're making, but to have concern over something we know so little about yet? Literally, nothing is known about the direction itís going to take. So yes, I do believe they're jumping the gun and have gone for the easier stance. Maybe in a year's time (providing everything goes smoothly), we can come back to this. But to have concern, now, at such an early stage, because of the choice of actor and director's is very premature and, IMO, shows a little ignorance to filmmaking. There are many more established filmmakers out there (even Oscar winners) who would give me much more cause for concern than the Nee Brothers.

Of course, I have only seen one film they have made (Band of Robbers) and I have to say, I liked it. Quite a lot, actually. I think they've got a good visual eye and I enjoyed the quirky characters and sense of humour. However, when it needed to, the film also had moments of darkness and drama, which worked quite well. Of course, this is all my own opinion, but from that film, I'm very confident in them as filmmakers.

The writer's may be more of a problem, but the Nee brothers have also contributed to the script. So having seen some of their work, I have confidence in them as filmmakers. As for Noah Centineo, I have no idea, because I haven't see anything he's done. But I'm not going to write him off and voice my concern because he's known for acting in a completely different genre (which they make a point to mention).
    Agree totally. One of the biggest issues with any movie is the studio not having faith in the direction of the movie and constantly intervening. The movie can get so convoluted with ideas from studio heads, writers, and directors, that the movie itself becomes a shambles.

There's not enough information to became a enemy of the movie at this so early phase.
    I don't like youtubers who have the negative stuff as main motivation to upload videos,I'd like to say them enjoy the fandom please ,stop suffer it.

Regarding the video I think it is fair have concernrs about the writers but I know the Nee Brothers are involved on it ,so I have hope.
    I also think that it will always be good to give opportunities to new people, like Noah or the Nee brothers, for that reason I would never consider it a negative thing.
    I like the voice of the girl and she likes brushable hair,so adorable.lol

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah,

You never know the movie could be horrible or be the coolest popcorn movie ever.The Director or directors could surprise us. I will hold judgement tell we get a trailer.

QUOTE=Krueger;3843257]The part where they more or less write off the film because the main actor has done nothing but romantic comedies, and the director's have a history of doing indie films. Neither of these two points prove they haven't the qualifications to handle something bigger like MOTU, as history has proven many times before.[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by cryanmchsi; June 23, 2019 at 05:23pm.

Hmmm....something weird is going on. According to this website, Noah is actually filming another film now, that's scheduled to end filming at the end of August. They mention filming to be done in New York, and all of Noah's recent Instagram stories have had him being in New York, so itís a bit of a coincidence he's there (but his personal trainer appears to be there, too). So it seems he is indeed filming another film. I'm guessing MOTU isn't going to start shooting in August after all. Itís all very strange, as just last week Noah confirmed he's in "He-Man mode", so I don't know what's going on. My guess is this has been in the works for a long time.

http://www.hollywoodnorth.buzz/2019/...vancouver.html

They may not need Noah right away. There's plenty to film in a movie that doesn't involve the main characters.

Yes ,probably Noah isn't involved on the first days of filming .

I think MOTU will probably be bumped to September. However, as his personal trainer appears to be with him in New York, it would imply that his training and "He-Man regime" is still continuing. As a result, I think that when he finishes this film he's going to go straight into MOTU, with no real gap in between.

Now I better go to bed because I've got be up in 6 1/2 hours, haha.

We had no idea when theyíre filming anyway so Iím not sure what the confusion is? We donít even have a cast yet. lol

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Yeah was going to say, the filming might be pushed back anyway as Noah is the only cast member announced so far.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Apparently Phillip Boutte Jr has joined the production as Assistant Costume Designer. He's worked on various Marvel projects including Captain Marvel, Black Panther and Guardians of the Galaxy, as well as Westworld and Star Trek Beyond.

You can see his portfolio here:
    https://phillipbouttejr.carbonmade.com

Heroic Warrior
    I bet if this movie flop then some fans will be like "y'know , maybe the old movie wasnt as bad , it was better than the new one"

They should get Conti to do the music , I want music with atmosphere, the music in todays Bond films lack the heart and gravitas that John Barry had

This is truly it : if this flops there might never be another MotU movie again - ever
    Don't you have better thing to do than read this stupid signature

Tony Clifton : Kaufman was a hack....hack sack pack nack !

Quote Originally Posted by DGSimo View Post
    We had no idea when they’re filming anyway so I’m not sure what the confusion is? We don’t even have a cast yet. lol
    We did have an idea. It was initially reported that filming would begin in July in Prague. Then about a month or so later it was reported that shooting would begin on August 19th. Interestingly, the new August date was revealed about a week after Noah Centineo came on board. I think the date was pushed back to accommodate for Noah's shooting schedule. Still, this new film is sceduled to wrap on August 31st, which leads me to believe that shooting on MOTU will probably be pushed to September.