Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839

Thread: New Release Date: March 5, 2021 for Sony Pictures' Masters of the Universe film

Quote Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
    To the fans I would say instead look forth to the two Netflix cartoons. We know for a fact those are happening.
    Yep, I'm invested in those 2. the Movie is a urban legend of sorts at this point

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    This is why it is so important to get the formula right.

A MOTU movie that caters to old-school fans will not be enough - while a movie that disregards these fans would be a mistake.

Masters of the Universe will have to compete with the likes of comic-book movies, GOT type streaming series, and expectations created by the new series' on Netflix. It could very well bomb in the theater which would be disastrous for the brand.

IMO, the most important move that Sony can make is to look for a team that understands what makes MOTU so special and unique, and why it can still be relevant after all these years.
    Use the two shows as a bench mark of interest. Check the viewership and go from there with the live action.
    “You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing.” George Benard Shaw.

This is why it is so important to get the formula right.

A MOTU movie that caters to old-school fans will not be enough - while a movie that disregards these fans would be a mistake.

Masters of the Universe will have to compete with the likes of comic-book movies, GOT type streaming series, and expectations created by the new series' on Netflix. It could very well bomb in the theater which would be disastrous for the brand.

IMO, the most important move that Sony can make is to look for a team that understands what makes MOTU so special and unique, and why it can still be relevant after all these years.
    Or just do what Scorsese did on The Irishman. Big Big movie but proceed on getting viewership without sacrificing budget on Netflix.

NOT QUITE MY TEMPO

"My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks Tallstar!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Thanks for the update, I think the movie will be released on Netflix
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Personally, I think the Netflix thing will happen. Wouldn't surprise me if a deal has already been done, or is close to being done, hence Adam Nee pleading with fans to just be patient a bit longer (which people in this thread seem to have ignored over the course of the last page and a half). Some fans may not like it, because they were expecting a big cinema release (as was I). However, I actually care more about the film, first and foremost. We still get our big-budget MOTU movie, and if its actually a good movie, ultimately, who cares (apart from possibly Sony and Tom Rothman, of course)? Netflix offers many opportunities to filmmakers that big Hollywood studios don't, especially up and comers (like the Nee bros). Creative freedom being one of them. I guarantee that a Netflix-backed MOTU movie will have a lot less studio tempering than a solo Hollywood movie would, and would probably end up being a lot more faithful to the source material as a result.

Thank you, Tallstar! It's nice to receive several confirmations at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    This is from the January/February 2020 issue of ToyNews.
    Hmmm, decisions, decisions... should Mattel pull the trigger on a MOTU movie first, or go ahead and pursue that oft demanded Magic Eight Ball movie? lol!

Seriously... Magic Eight Ball?!?
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Hmmm, decisions, decisions... should Mattel pull the trigger on a MOTU movie first, or go ahead and pursue that oft demanded Magic Eight Ball movie? lol!

The Mattel response to Ouija board
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Creator of Kaiju Kaos.

Master of New Adventures!
    Fyi, Magic Eight Ball is in development at Mattel. I've been told that the film with be dark. They are also developing a Thomas the Tank Engine big screen film.

Quote Originally Posted by baileyrecords View Post
    The Mattel response to Ouija board
    Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    Fyi, Magic Eight Ball is in development at Mattel. I've been told that the film with be dark. They are also developing a Thomas the Tank Engine big screen film.
    I suppose that it would have to be along the lines of horror/ suspense...

After all, the Magic Eight Ball did make a guest appearance during a pretty dark scene in Shazam.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    Is it the same Thomas movie that was planned to be directed by Shane Acker (creator of the movie 9)? That one's been in limbo for a long while. Not sure if that parallel bodes the same with MotU or not.

Widget
    Hello! I am new to the forum and have a question. When do you think they will start shooting the movie?

Quote Originally Posted by TheInformer View Post
    Hello! I am new to the forum and have a question. When do you think they will start shooting the movie?
    Whenever it gets green lit....which we have no idea about sadly. lol

Widget
    I hope we have news about movie soon. I'm tired of waiting.

Master of New Adventures!
    From what I've heard, Thomas will be a bit more traditional. Remember, it targets a younger demographic.

Quote Originally Posted by ZootyCutie View Post
    Is it the same Thomas movie that was planned to be directed by Shane Acker (creator of the movie 9)? That one's been in limbo for a long while. Not sure if that parallel bodes the same with MotU or not.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheInformer View Post
    I hope we have news about movie soon. I'm tired of waiting.

You're a member of a big club...