Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: New Release Date: March 5, 2021 for Sony Pictures' Masters of the Universe film

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    The Heroic Hollywood article is gone. What's going on?

EDIT: Oh, I see why there's no trace of it anymore. Okay, it looks like it was a false alarm. Geez, this up and down of emotions is getting ridiculous. In fact, it got ridiculous about six or seven years ago. I swear, MOTU' journey from 2004 to when the new movie comes out needs a book. It would make a great read. Anyway, this is what Comic Book Movie says on the subject:

https://comicbook.com/movies/2019/06...iverse-reboot/

I know better to trust that piece of crap Heroic Hollywood site. They throw trash out there all the time like this.

One click bait article doesn't prove anything and should not even part of this discussion. However just going by what we do know it would be very presumptuous to assume everything is moving along just fine. Things have been too quiet for too long.

If past is prologue to present then it would not surprise me in the least if the article turned out to be partially true. There are countless examples over the last two decades where the slightest hiccup was enough to send the movie back into turn around. Sure it appeared to be "different this time" but from what we can see or can't see something has gone amiss. Shooting was supposed to start this month but obviously that is not happening. There is no cast other than Noah Centineo and he is busy filming something else until August. So has shooting been pushed back until the fall? That is kind of a big deal.

It might be time to start getting worried.

Maybe this movie was just not meant to be.

Quote Originally Posted by InThe80s View Post
    One click bait article doesn't prove anything and should not even part of this discussion. However just going by what we do know it would be very presumptuous to assume everything is moving along just fine. Things have been too quiet for too long.

If past is prologue to present then it would not surprise me in the least if the article turned out to be partially true. There are countless examples over the last two decades where the slightest hiccup was enough to send the movie back into turn around. Sure it appeared to be "different this time" but from what we can see or can't see something has gone amiss. Shooting was supposed to start this month but obviously that is not happening. There is no cast other than Noah Centineo and he is busy filming something else until August. So has shooting been pushed back until the fall? That is kind of a big deal.

It might be time to start getting worried.

Maybe this movie was just not meant to be.
    TBF, it was announced about a month after that filming had been pushed to August 19th. That was reported by Discussing Film, who, unlike Heroic Hollywood, actually have a very good track record. So filming hasn't been scheduled to begin this month for quite a while now.

I'm going to do my best to be optimistic about this New MOTU movie and I feel it will be totally awesome. It's not easy being patient for a movie about a favourite franchise but I can't wait for this one.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

I'm getting a little schizophrenic about the movie.

I've tried to be positive ( without being ridiculously optimistic ) about it, because I really despise the whole knee-jerk "it's gonna suck!" type reactions when we know .001% about a movie. Everybody is entitled to their opinion, but the whole 'Comic Book Guy' mentality can wear thin quickly ( Worst. Movie. EVER!! ), even when that initial reaction turns out to be true.

On the other hand, MOTU is pretty much as grand and epic as a Fantasy property can get. They need to adapt it in spectacular live action form, and then market it so that even non-MOTU fans want to see it. Is that even possible!?? At this point, the absolute LAST thing that Mattel and MOTU fans need is for a big budget MOTU movie to bomb. That would be bloody horrible!! Maybe it won't hurt any toy lines, but it sure as hell won't help them.

Maybe it's better if the movie is shelved for a while.

Last edited by DC_WARLORD; July 3, 2019 at 12:08am.
    Odd Man Out

Heroic Warrior
    New tweet from Lindsay

Lindsay B
    ‏ @lemon_buzz
    Jul 2

For the #NoahCentineo fans - #MastersoftheUniverse begins filming in Prague on August 19th. Straight from #TATB3 to Europe

Quote Originally Posted by ShangTs View Post
    New tweet from Lindsay
    Straight form " To All the Boys 3" to Europe! Nice. Good find Shang!!!
    “You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing.” George Benard Shaw.

New tweet from Lindsay
    Yay!!! Thanks for the update.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

I look forward to any updates for the New MOTU movie, and the update I will look forward to most is the (hopefully) eventual news about the casting of Evil-Lyn.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    This is good news. Hopefully we should hear of who is playing Skeletor, Evil-Lyn, Teela, Man-At-Arms etc soon.

Unless they're all unknown actors.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

This Lindsay B seems to be some sort of PA or something. Her Instagram account is full of pictures of her with actors and the like, including Noah. She often tweets about filming locations and dates. Seems to be legit, but no additional casting. Soooo.......we'll see. If no one else gets announced by the end of this month, then August 19th clearly isn't happening.

So at least we haven't got too long to wait to be put out of our misery, either way.
    Last edited by Krueger; July 4, 2019 at 10:19am.

This Lindsay B seems to be some sort of PA or something. Her Instagram account is full of pictures of her with actors and the like, including Noah. She often tweets about filming locations and dates. Seems to be legit, but no additional casting. Soooo.......we'll see. If no one else gets announced by the end of this month, then August 19th clearly isn't happening.

So at least we haven't got too long to wait to be put out of our misery, either way.
    Thanks for all this good info.
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

Or a celebrity hunter. I'm not 100% sure, TBH. All I know, is that she posts a lot about shooting dates and locations. So, yeah. August 19th seems to be a date touted by a lot of sources, but obviously none of us can be sure whether they're just getting their info from Discussing Film (who first reported on the date), or have information of their own. As I said, at least we haven't got to wait much longer to find out the truth.

Or a celebrity hunter. I'm not 100% sure, TBH. All I know, is that she posts a lot about shooting dates and locations. So, yeah. August 19th seems to be a date touted by a lot of sources, but obviously none of us can be sure whether they're just getting their info from Discussing Film (who first reported on the date), or have information of their own. As I said, at least we haven't got to wait much longer to find out the truth.
    Wait! I thought Lindsay was part of the production crew somehow. I’m confused 🤷*♂️

- - - Updated - - -

Lindsay Beer is the screenwriter on Sony’s MOTU. I think what she stated about filming in August is legit.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrod View Post

Lindsay Beer is the screenwriter on Sony’s MOTU. I think what she stated about filming in August is legit.
    DISCUSSINGFILM: Moving onto some upcoming projects, you are said to writing the screenplay for the upcoming ‘Masters of the Universe’ film, what can you tell us about the current status on that film and it’s screenplay as of now?

LINDSEY BEER: I’m no longer involved with that project, so I don’t know!

This is from the interview from November 2018

Lindsay B is not Lindsay Beer ,two different persons.

DISCUSSINGFILM: Moving onto some upcoming projects, you are said to writing the screenplay for the upcoming ‘Masters of the Universe’ film, what can you tell us about the current status on that film and it’s screenplay as of now?

LINDSEY BEER: I’m no longer involved with that project, so I don’t know!

This is from the interview from November 2018
    Thanks for clearing that up.

It sounds like Mortal Kombat will be rated R, so that should help MOTU get more of the family audience if they both stay on the same date.
    http://www.darkhorizons.com/mortal-k...ve-fatalaties/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzyrKxTp...=1ein03qmo0aqb

A little mention motu mention from Adam Nee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I've seen their pitch for Bumblebee. Quite cute and offers a nice look at what they would have delivered. It sounds as though MOTU is still hapenning (Nee has even put writer/director of MOTU on his Instagram bio). I get the impression that there is (probably!) going to be a news dump soon. I don't know, even though Sony won't be at SDCC, maybe Mattel have something planned with Sony's OK? Remember that picture Adam posted on Instragram of him and his brother seemingly recording something at the Mattel headquarters? Of course, I'm just spitballing here, but still. I have a feeling we'll know the MOTU movie's fate very soon.

I have to say I was very impressed with the bumblebee short they handled that scene very well.
    SMANOMEGA'S "NEWER" CUSTOM GALLERY BELOW
    http://s16.photobucket.com/user/sman...?sort=3&page=1

I thought this article was an interesting read:
    https://www.looper.com/157239/why-ma...blow-you-away/

Yep. I mean if they nail it this time then it could be huge, not only for Sony and Mattel Films but also the license as a whole. We're seeing Mattel literally bringing back "The Power" with new figures and toys in retail and I'd like to imagine the ripple effect would be beneficial to their licensing partners like Mondo etc so we see more.

On the off topic but subject of the movie, there's been this wonderful piece of art of Castle Grayskull that...well I really hope the movie evokes a similar design and mood.
    andy-walsh-castle-grayskull-andy-walsh-1800px-02.jpg

The artist is Andy Walsh and his ArtStation page with more is here:
    https://www.artstation.com/artwork/A...NXcDyrEdbmQ2QM

Quote Originally Posted by DGSimo View Post
    Yep. I mean if they nail it this time then it could be huge, not only for Sony and Mattel Films but also the license as a whole. We're seeing Mattel literally bringing back "The Power" with new figures and toys in retail and I'd like to imagine the ripple effect would be beneficial to their licensing partners like Mondo etc so we see more.

On the off topic but subject of the movie, there's been this wonderful piece of art of Castle Grayskull that...well I really hope the movie evokes a similar design and mood.
    andy-walsh-castle-grayskull-andy-walsh-1800px-02.jpg

The artist is Andy Walsh and his ArtStation page with more is here:
    https://www.artstation.com/artwork/A...NXcDyrEdbmQ2QM
    OMG! that is AWESOME!!!!
    Awesome new Fantasy RPG 5E/D&D magazine coming and you can pre-order at the link below!
    https://broadsword.samcart.com/refer...6eQLqoCrE2Uoap

My feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=197226