Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041
Results 1,001 to 1,019 of 1019

Thread: New Release Date: March 5, 2021 for Sony Pictures' Masters of the Universe film

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Honestly, Sony should shelve the project. MOTU would be in better hands under Warner.

https://www.newsarama.com/48785-he-m...ed-report.html
    If Sony relinquishes the rights, I believe they go to Universal Pictures, not Warner Bros.

Widget
    I would like the rights to be transferred to Paramount. They could make a great 80's toy line movie like Bumblebee.

Heroic Warrior
    The movie will be eventually made. MOTU just didn't had that luck mostly bumping into Tom Rothman (Fox, Sony). Even Brad Pitt ''joked'' that he (Tom) had big balls to greenlight Once Upon A Time In Hollywood.
    It really looks like Netflix will dig into this. Well when the movie comes out on Netflix i will buy my self at least 50inch tv and some great surround speakers

Personally, I would prefer a well done, well thought out, CGI series that looks like The Witcher, Final Fantasy, or HALO games. I think MOTU is so grand and epic that it lends itself to that style. Every single character is dynamic, the backgrounds and scenery are vibrant and kind of crazy, and the whole concept is a waaay larger than life at all times. It's kind of hard to pull that off in live action.

But most people hate that idea.
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; January 27, 2020 at 05:20pm.
    Odd Man Out

Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    Personally, I would prefer a well done, well thought out, CGI series that looks like The Witcher, Final Fantasy, or HALO games. I think MOTU is so grand and epic that it lends itself to that style. Every single character is dynamic, the backgrounds and scenery are vibrant and kind of crazy, and the whole concept is a waaay larger than life at all times. It's kind of hard to pull that off in live action.

But most people hate that idea.
    Or even better, an epic, triple AAA, MOTU video game rivaling The Witcher, Final Fantasy, or HALO.

“You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing.” George Benard Shaw.

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PIMPS ADAM View Post
    ugh. that guy is annoying. I'm just not a vlog/blog/podcast person. Give it to me in print/type.
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Creator of Kaiju Kaos.

Lol, "Really? They cast that skinny kid as He-Man?!?"

I do agree with him though... This movie will get made, ...eventually.

Whether or not we'll be around when it does however, that's another story.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

Opened the link and saw it was John Campea, closed it immediately. I’d rather get the opinion from a wall than listen to that dude. Mlm

Quote Originally Posted by DGSimo View Post
    Opened the link and saw it was John Campea, closed it immediately. I'd rather get the opinion from a wall than listen to that dude.
    Walls have opinions?

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Magic View Post
    Wouldn't it be interesting if Masters of the Universe doesn't end up being a live-action big budget film on Netflix, but rather a big budget live-action series in the vein of Game of Thrones and the upcoming Middle Earth series. Maybe just maybe, that format might actually suit the property more.
    The Obi-wan idea was first a movie, now its a series. I would absolutely love MOTU as a live-action tv show.

- - - Updated - - -

Opened the link and saw it was John Campea, closed it immediately. I’d rather get the opinion from a wall than listen to that dude. Mlm
    Ugh. Campea.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk
    “You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing.” George Benard Shaw.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretoftheSword View Post
    The Obi-wan idea was first a movie, now its a series. I would absolutely love MOTU as a live-action tv show.
    Yep me too. MOTU has had so much world-building to cover that it's very suited for a live-action series in my opinion. I've actually always had a concern that there is perhaps too much to cram in a single 2 hour movie, and how many planned trilogies out there fail to complete? I'd hate to have an incomplete story and be one and done.

Heroic Warrior
    Yep me too. MOTU has had so much world-building to cover that it's very suited for a live-action series in my opinion. I've actually always had a concern that there is perhaps too much to cram in a single 2 hour movie, and how many planned trilogies out there fail to complete? I'd hate to have an incomplete story and be one and done.
    Don't get me wrong here just an matter of opinion but live action series could get budget of 70-100 million dollars at best (i might be and i am waaaay wrong here but i assume it would be one of the most expensive tv shows to date by one season).
    Just for the sake of it let's say eight episodes and one hour per episode (ala The Witcher). So eight hours of watchable series let alone what went on cutting floor.
    I just don't think TV Show can make that big budget cgi fest epicness needed for MOTU colorful world/characters. With GoT and The Witcher kind of budget
    Last edited by J.D.; Yesterday at 03:29pm.

Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    Don't get me wrong here just an matter of opinion but live action series could get budget of 70-100 million dollars at best (i might be and i am waaaay wrong here but i assume it would be one of the most expensive tv shows to date by one season).
    Just for the sake of it let's say eight episodes and one hour per episode (ala The Witcher). So eight hours of watchable series let alone what went on cutting floor.
    I just don't think TV Show can make that big budget cgi fest epicness needed for MOTU colorful world/characters. With GoT and The Witcher kind of budget
    Game of thrones is roughly $90 Million/season. Amazon's Lord of the Rings show is a crazy $250 Million per season.

Maybe what most would be applicable here is how much the 10 episode The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance cost, because I personally believe those created environments would suit Eternia well. And I believe much of those MOTU colorful characters can be created exceptionally with just practical fx & makeup sometimes enhanced with CG (Skeletor's nose removal for instance) versus an overabundance of expensive CG. Think 1987 film but better. Darkness in Legend. Or the Uruk-hai or Goblins in Lord of the Rings.

Master of New Adventures!
    Do you all think the success of She-ra adds to or detracts from the possibility of a MOTU film? And how about the coming MOTU television series? How does that factor in to the film in your opinions?

- - - Updated - - -

Surely you're talking about a thirteen episode season costing $90 million of GOT and not an entire 26 episodes year at $90 million, which would be a measley $3.4 million an episode.? Even with 13 episodes for $90 million, it's only $6.9 million per episode, which is about average for primetime. Given what GOT was, that seems low to me...

EDIT: Granted this is a cut and [aste form Wikipedia, but it makes more sense to me:

The pilot reportedly cost HBO US$5–10 million to produce,[25] while the first season's budget was estimated at $50–60 million.[26] In the second season, the series received a 15-percent budget increase for the climactic battle in "Blackwater" (which had an $8 million budget).[27][28] Between 2012 and 2015, the average budget per episode increased from $6 million[29] to "at least" $8 million.[30] The sixth-season budget was over $10 million per episode, for a season total of over $100 million and a series record.[31]

Game of thrones is roughly $90 Million/season. Amazon's Lord of the Rings show is a crazy $250 Million per season.

Maybe what most would be applicable here is how much the 10 episode The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance cost, because I personally believe those created environments would suit Eternia well. And I believe much of those MOTU colorful characters can be created exceptionally with just practical fx & makeup sometimes enhanced with CG (Skeletor's nose removal for instance) versus an overabundance of expensive CG. Think 1987 film but better. Darkness in Legend. Or the Uruk-hai or Goblins in Lord of the Rings.

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/e6/fe/39/e...-the-rings.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/fe/6d...a71d50fd71.jpg

https://media1.tenor.com/images/060c...60e6/tenor.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Surely you're talking about a thirteen episode season costing $90 million of GOT and not an entire 26 episodes year at $90 million, which would be a measley $3.4 million an episode.?
    6 Episodes actually for GoT Season 8, which is around the same episode count for the upcoming MCU Disney+ shows. I don't think MOTU would need anymore than that, let alone 26 episodes. Think a 6-Hour epic movie in six parts with practical fx!

Per a Google Search:

$90 million
    'Game of Thrones' season 8 has a $90 million budget — here's what to expect from its 6 episodes. HBO released a full-length trailer for "Game of Thrones" season eight. With a $90 million budget, the eighth and final season will be the series' most expensive yet, despite being just six episodes long.Mar 6, 2019

Shows with a 55-minute runtime tend to do only 10-13 episodes per season (sometimes less as pointed out). The chance of any studio committing to a 26 episode season with a 45-55 min runtime doesn’t seem realistic to me.
    Join MASTERS TALK on Discord!

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    Do you all think the success of She-ra adds to or detracts from the possibility of a MOTU film?
    We don't know if the show is really successful since there are no numbers to look at. It's critically acclaimed, yes, but how many people actually watch it is an open question. DVD and toys release are a good sign though I guess.