Thread: Video Game Speculation: Developing Netflix Originals into video games panel at E3

Video Game Speculation: Developing Netflix Originals into video games panel at E3

Recently, the sci-fi and fantasy arm of Netflix, NX, had a public discussion with E3 via Twitter regarding a panel that NX will be hosting at E3 Coliseum 2019:

"Bringing Your Favorite Shows To Life: Developing Netflix Originals Into Video Games."

When asked to give a hint about the games, NX name-dropped the previously announced "Stranger Things 3: The Game" as an upcoming video game. However, they also said "there's definitely more to come!"

How does this relate to She-Ra and the Princesses of Power? Well, it's one of the animated "Netflix Originals" that NX frequently promotes on its social media platforms.

This doesn't mean that there's a She-Ra video game in development. Just that it's a possibility.

"My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

I think a Zelda’esque game would lend itself briliantly to the Netflix She-raverse.
    Interested in the following loose Classics figures: Ram Man, Griffin, Mekaneck, 200x King Hisss and figure stands (prefer Snake Mountain stands)!

Contact me per PM or my razzerian@gmail.com

Looking to pre-order Snake Mountain? Check out this thread to see where you can do so! Found a new retailer selling it, drop a line in said thread to add it to the list.

Because of fibromyalgia and arthritis, I have trouble playing video games these days, but a POP video game still sounds awesome!
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

I would love an old school 2D fighter where princesses beat each other up across beautiful scenery
    A fabulous new wardrobe was revealed to me the day I held aloft my sword and said...

Unmotivated webcomicker KidTDragon's Avatar
    A Final Fight-style 2D brawler or 2D platformer with hand-drawn sprites would be sweet, especially if they get WayForward to develop it.
    Track your MotU collection at shmax.com!

Almost Comics: Occasionally updated. Occasionally funny.

XBL Gamertag: KidTDragon
    PSN User ID: KidTDragon
    Nintendo Network ID: KidTDragon
    Steam: KidTDragon

No matter what, a well-done, elaborate She-Ra or He-Man game would be fantastic!
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2019!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

A She-Ra video game would be awesome. I really enjoyed the He-Man Defender of Greyskull game on the PS2.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    I really enjoyed the He-Man Defender of Greyskull game on the PS2.
    Gameplay on that was awful. But it could have been a great video game if they would had invested more in that project, I especially liked the second act in the Eternian Forest and quite a bit the finale inside the Castle Grayskull

A Netflix She-ra Videogame for mobile devices? Sure! makes a lot more sense than action figures being produced actually.
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."
    "LET THE POWER RETURNS....!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triklops 1 View Post
    Gameplay on that was awful. But it could have been a great video game if they would had invested more in that project, I especially liked the second act in the Eternian Forest and quite a bit the finale inside the Castle Grayskull

A Netflix She-ra Videogame for mobile devices? Sure! makes a lot more sense than action figures being produced actually.
    The gameplay wasn't great, but it was fun playing a He-Man game. I remember completing it in about 3 days.
    The game reminded me a bit of the Conan game also on the PS2.

I actually loved the MOTU video game, although I do wish that they had added more of our favourite characters, especially Evil-Lyn, or made it so you could choose which character you wanted to play as. The visuals were amazing though.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I actually loved the MOTU video game, although I do wish that they had added more of our favourite characters, especially Evil-Lyn, or made it so you could choose which character you wanted to play as. The visuals were amazing though.
    I think a Warriors clone would be a good fit for an MoTU/PoP game.

Anyway while a She-Ra game is a possibliy, people shouldn't really act like it's a forgone conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    No matter what, a well-done, elaborate She-Ra or He-Man game would be fantastic!
    That’s where they always drop the ball, there are so many licenses that would lend themselves briliantly to a video game. Imagine Bethesda took on the license and made an Elder Scrolls style MOTU game.

The problem is these companies rather come up with their own concept so they own it and don’t have to pay license fees. So we end up seeing subpar developers doing these games and they turn out ****. That’s why you rarely see a good movie game. Of course there’s other factors, like time and budget constraints.

Take the Terminator franchise as an example, perfect world to base a video game on but there hasn’t been a decent Terminator game in decades.

It’s so frustrating!

That said, it can be done. Look at the fantastic job Obsidian did with the South Park game...