Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mega Construx Battle Bones

Very nice, this brick line needs to continue.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

I must say, this is awesome. Are we 100% sure this is real, though?

Heroic Warrior
    I might get it too.

FINALLY, a Battle Bones with articulated legs AND tail..?

I'm in..!
    Leech sucks..!

I wish Super 7 would do a classics battle bones, possibly as a future convention exclusive.
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

Heroic Warrior
    This MC BB looks cool; may be onboard for this - the exclusive Moss Man is the icing on the cake.

I'm appreciating this line more & more as time goes on, even though I haven't collected many of these. As someone who never got into MOTU Classics due to the price & online-only aspect of these, these Mega Construx toys are a nice alternative - and, I don't mind the fact that they're a lot smaller than the regular-sized MOTU toys. I.e., the detail is great, they take up a lot less space, and are - overall - much more affordable than the other MOTU toys - at least in some cases.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by man-e-faces View Post
    This MC BB looks cool; may be onboard for this - the exclusive Moss Man is the icing on the cake.

I'm appreciating this line more & more as time goes on, even though I haven't collected many of these. As someone who never got into MOTU Classics due to the price & online-only aspect of these, these Mega Construx toys are a nice alternative - and, I don't mind the fact that they're a lot smaller than the regular-sized MOTU toys. I.e., the detail is great, they take up a lot less space, and are - overall - much more affordable than the other MOTU toys - at least in some cases.
    You know what got me into these?

They're basically in scale with modern Transformers toys.

Quote Originally Posted by man-e-faces View Post

I like that they're based on Classics sculpts as well. I feel like I have a tiny little Classics collection on the shelf, and they were way cheaper than the real thing.

Wow! I was hoping they would do a flocked Mossy. Looks like I have a new inhabitant for my terrarium coming soon to join the other Moss Men. Sweet! Love the Construx line.
    Kreann’Ot N’Norosh is my copilot.

This looks pretty cool.

Too many to quote, but you guys are pointing out some really good stuff.

First (for me) is Magenta Faker. Only the second we've ever gotten in figure form!

But also Teela with Snake Armor, Man-At-Arms with no mustache, the blue Weapons Pak axe, Moss Man air freshener. Good eyes, everyone.

I love that this line is re-releasing figures but taking full advantage by addressing variants or changing decos. Everything about it is working in my mind, and that's a huge reason why I think I'm going to splurge and get Castle Grayskull (and everything else!).

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    Just looked at the box a bit. Is Moss Man flocked?? Does he actually smell??
    I can't tell if he smells or not. I've been scratching my screen for 2 days now and nothing. LOL

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    Just looked at the box a bit. Is Moss Man flocked?? Does he actually smell??
    He has a hole in the window so he definitely smells.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post

That, right there, is the weirdest sentence I've read in a while!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Kreann’Ot N’Norosh is my copilot.

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Too many to quote, but you guys are pointing out some really good stuff.

First (for me) is Magenta Faker. Only the second we've ever gotten in figure form!

But also Teela with Snake Armor, Man-At-Arms with no mustache, the blue Weapons Pak axe, Moss Man air freshener. Good eyes, everyone.

I love that this line is re-releasing figures but taking full advantage by addressing variants or changing decos. Everything about it is working in my mind, and that's a huge reason why I think I'm going to splurge and get Castle Grayskull (and everything else!).
    I wanna splurge!!! Adulting is telling me not to. If I can find it on sale, closer to $200, I'll buy it!!
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Creator of Kaiju Kaos.

Mightiest Mortal Captain Marvel's Avatar
    I would not have guessed that Battle Bones would be the next smaller set released; with Castle Grayskull coming so quickly I was kind of expecting to see a set of Point Dread and the Talon Fighter. Pretty awesome that Battle Bones will be packaged with 4 more minifigures.

I wish the MOTU sets, and Mega Construx in general, had better retail presence, my local Wal-Mart has never gotten in the Wind Raider or 5 pack of mini-figures. My local WM used to have at least a 4 foot section dedicated to Mega Bloks/Mega Construx, now they only have a few pegs for the mini-figures and a few spots on a shelf for some Halo stuff; Playmobil has managed to carve out 4-6 foot of space away and actually has a good variety of product on the shelf.

I don't know what Mattel is thinking because if a product isn't on the shelf, there's no way for the average person to see it and buy it.

Heroic Warrior
    The figures really have done well at retail(well Walmart) they had restocks but no new figures.

This is amazing my friends, best news of the week. Like the Battle Bones, so cool!
    Such a classic vehicle finally returning 30+ years later in this beautiful line.
    With MOTUC done after SM, will leave us incomplete with such missing iconic items like attak trek, dragon walker, road ripper, slime pit, fright zone, eternia!!! This MEGA line is our next potential chance (because of smaller scale) to get everything from the original vintage line up! well, hopefully!
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "Good Journey!"
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."
    "The Power of Grayskull Awakens......"
    "Let the Power Returns....!"

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Triklops 1 View Post
    This is amazing my friends, best news of the week. Like the Battle Bones, so cool!
    Such a classic vehicle finally returning 30+ years later in this beautiful line.
    With MOTUC done after SM, will leave us incomplete with such missing iconic items like attak trek, dragon walker, road ripper, slime pit, fright zone, eternia!!! This MEGA line is our next potential chance (because of smaller scale) to get everything from the original vintage line up! well, hopefully!
    The thing that Mega can really take advantage of is that 80% of Vintage MOTU was the same 4 figures mixed and matched with new heads and accessories. And at a smaller scale, even some of the retools probably don’t require much if any new tooling, just deco. Hordak can literally be Skeletor’s mold with a new head and deco.

I can very easily see a Snake Armor He-Man just from flipping Man at Arms’ CAD designs and using Skeletor’s belt and He-Man’s head. Only new bits needed are the half harness and a pincer claw.

Mega Construx has horse designs perfect for She-Ra and mounted cat bodies that can at least give a head start on Battle Cat. I think they have dinosaurs perfect for Power of Grayskull. The giants could follow the Kraang route and be blocky action figures but I’d love them as 6 inch enlarged minifigs.

But with the original/unique characters, it’s like they were made for a construction line. Modulok, for example, or Twobad.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Marvel View Post
    I wish the MOTU sets, and Mega Construx in general, had better retail presence, my local Wal-Mart has never gotten in the Wind Raider or 5 pack of mini-figures. My local WM used to have at least a 4 foot section dedicated to Mega Bloks/Mega Construx, now they only have a few pegs for the mini-figures and a few spots on a shelf for some Halo stuff; Playmobil has managed to carve out 4-6 foot of space away and actually has a good variety of product on the shelf.

I don't know what Mattel is thinking because if a product isn't on the shelf, there's no way for the average person to see it and buy it.
    Tell me about it. If it wasn't for the internet, I would not know MCX Heroes even existed, let alone had MOTU characters in it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TAAO View Post
    I can't tell if he smells or not. I've been scratching my screen for 2 days now and nothing. LOL
    Ba-Dump-Bump-Pssh!!

Seriously though, I was wondering if the hole in the box was just so a person could feel the flocking on Mossy, but it's definitely looking like he smells. Jingle Bells, Moss Man smells....
    Odd Man Out

Virginia, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon
    Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post

I hope that is a "try me" hole so people can feel the possible flocking if it is there?
    Griffen Is not My real name, just what I aspire to be.

I collect MOTU/POP, Transformers, Garfield the Cat, & 80's/90's Book & Tape/Record Sets. I collect VHS & DVD of 80's-00's properties and comics. My YouTube Channel titled: Feb Mon
    https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCr-M2kh33ALM2nEzcKZKNKQ

Mostly Playlists & used for commenting on videos. Still, Check it out if you have time.

Virginia, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon
    Quote Originally Posted by Triklops 1 View Post
    SM is not THE END. We have been told by Bryan via many outlets that there is more planned after SM. At the very least more of the standard figures are planned, but no announcements yet of who they are. I wish people would stop pushing the rumor that Snake Mountain is the finishing point, talk like that WILL get Mattel or Super7 to think that it is time to pull the line. Any talk of end points please keep to yourself unless you have definite proof that the line is ending.
    Griffen Is not My real name, just what I aspire to be.

I collect MOTU/POP, Transformers, Garfield the Cat, & 80's/90's Book & Tape/Record Sets. I collect VHS & DVD of 80's-00's properties and comics. My YouTube Channel titled: Feb Mon
    https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCr-M2kh33ALM2nEzcKZKNKQ

Mostly Playlists & used for commenting on videos. Still, Check it out if you have time.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by griffen112182 View Post
    SM is not THE END. We have been told by Bryan via many outlets that there is more planned after SM. At the very least more of the standard figures are planned, but no announcements yet of who they are. I wish people would stop pushing the rumor that Snake Mountain is the finishing point, talk like that WILL get Mattel or Super7 to think that it is time to pull the line. Any talk of end points please keep to yourself unless you have definite proof that the line is ending.
    Also: we don’t know what the movie plans from Mattel are.

Vintage 5.5s are almost certainly part of it but maybe they’ll do some retail Classics waves similar to Marvel Legends that mix movie and classic designs. They lost some of the molds as I recall so that could even mean new sculpts.

Sure, they were weak at getting DC Multiverse out but they had more licensor issues to deal with there. The “break” could mean 3-4 waves from Mattel, some updated takes on figures.

The trend has been to mix movies and classic media.

At a minimum, I’m betting we see tons more MegaConstrux using movie and classic designs and I BET part of the recycled variants we’ve been getting is an effort to slowly ramp up the number of collectors and save some iconic stuff like Battle Cat for around the movie release.

Heroic Warrior
    I love the Battle Bones!

I hope he isn't a SDCC Exlcusive

At the last PowerCon Brandon said (at the "Mattels Mastery of MOTU Panel" around 17:30) that there will be a cool SDCC Exclusive that "holds your figures together".

Please no Exclusive, i need that Battle Bones!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU-5cs2T_eY

Very cool! Castle Grayskull is my main priority...but these smaller sets are a bit easier on the wallet to pick up, unless this IS a con-exclusive...