Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 152

Thread: Mega Construx Battle Bones

  1. #76
    Heroic Warrior xTIMMYxCOREx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Burbank, CA
    Posts
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrala View Post
    Standalone Scareglow glows in the dark. I donít think flocking is out of the question.

    Maybe Battle Bones standalone gets, say, Man-E-Faces, Fisto, Whiplash, and Buzzoff. Replicating box art.

    Then a 5 pack with Trapjaw, Sorceress, Moss Man, Stratos, and Scareglow.

    And armor Teela with Stridor vs Battle Armor Skeletor with Panthor, Evil-Lyn with Nightstalker vs Battle Armor He-Man with Battle Cat, Battle Ram with Man-at-Arms (no mustache) vs Magenta Faker.

    I figure the creatures are awkwardly proportioned unless you go for the Windraider price point, have 2 creatures, maybe a bunch of accessories like the Stilt Stalker and some terrain.

    To my way of thinking, Panthor vs Battle Cat is too much demanded stuff in one pack. So you do two horse vs cat packs.
    I hope you are right. Thatís a great plan!

  2. #77
    Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Grove City, Ohio USA
    Posts
    1,042
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Marvel View Post
    I was thinking that a retail version would likely drop the air freshener and no flocking on Moss Man.

    It's pretty cool that Mattel/Mega Construx flocked their Moss Man minifigure for the set, but I think more people would forgive the retail version for not having a flocked Moss Man rather than losing Snake Armor Teela and/or the alternate color Faker.
    Agreed. Flocked building blocks seem awkward anyhow.
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

    Creator of Kaiju Kaos.

  3. #78
    Heroic Warrior mossgreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Eastern Shore, MD
    Posts
    240
    Why are we assuming there will be a retail version of the Battle Bones?

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    "This supersoaker is full of urine and RAGE!!! Mostly urine."

  4. #79
    Heroic Warrior nickdoobs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    727
    Quote Originally Posted by mossgreen View Post
    Why are we assuming there will be a retail version of the Battle Bones?

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Because it doesn't make sense financially for them to only make this a con exclusive.
    Hit me up on instagram @MOTUdoobs

  5. #80
    Evil Collapsing Robot! Zodach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    3,481
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdoobs View Post
    Because it doesn't make sense financially for them to only make this a con exclusive.
    Agreed. Even if it's an SDCC exclusive only release they would have to make so many of them that I'm sure there would be quite a few units available for sale on their website or via Entertainment Earth, BBTS, etc. after the convention.

  6. #81
    Heroic Warrior DC_WARLORD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Skartaris, Inner Earth
    Posts
    2,454
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdoobs View Post
    Because it doesn't make sense financially for them to only make this a con exclusive.
    Agreed. This is still a fairly new line, but from what we've seen, Mattel seems to want MCX MOTU to be pretty easy to find. Granted, that doesn't explain many people not being able to find them at retail. But I meant that there does not seem to be an intentional limiting of certain characters. We've all gotten so used to direct market toys being limited.

    My theory is that Mattel will continue with multi-packs of previously released characters, and slightly different variants/refresher figures so that all the characters can be easily found in one form or another. I LOVE that. Let 'limited edition' be for all the high end things like statues and premium figures that cost hundreds of dollars.
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; June 14, 2019 at 01:29pm.
    Odd Man Out

  7. #82
    Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Grove City, Ohio USA
    Posts
    1,042
    Mine is paid for and officially on order!
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

    Creator of Kaiju Kaos.

  8. #83
    King Of Avalon griffen112182's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Virginia, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon
    Posts
    877
    Quote Originally Posted by baileyrecords View Post
    Mine is paid for and officially on order!
    From where exactly? I thought this wasn't up anywhere yet?
    Griffen Is not My real name, just what I aspire to be.

    I collect MOTU/POP, Transformers, Garfield the Cat, & 80's/90's Book & Tape/Record Sets. I collect VHS & DVD of 80's-00's properties and comics. My YouTube Channel titled: Feb Mon
    https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCr-M2kh33ALM2nEzcKZKNKQ

    Mostly Playlists & used for commenting on videos. Still, Check it out if you have time.

  9. #84
    Heroic Warrior mizterfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    Agreed. This is still a fairly new line, but from what we've seen, Mattel seems to want MCX MOTU to be pretty easy to find. Granted, that doesn't explain many people not being able to find them at retail. But I meant that there does not seem to be an intentional limiting of certain characters. We've all gotten so used to direct market toys being limited.

    My theory is that Mattel will continue with multi-packs of previously released characters, and slightly different variants/refresher figures so that all the characters can be easily found in one form or another. I LOVE that. Let 'limited edition' be for all the high end things like statues and premium figures that cost hundreds of dollars.
    I havenít had trouble finding any of them yet. In fact, I found Faker in the clearance section at Walmart for $1.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #85
    Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Grove City, Ohio USA
    Posts
    1,042
    Quote Originally Posted by griffen112182 View Post
    From where exactly? I thought this wasn't up anywhere yet?
    You have to have a Comic-Con badge with registration number. Then go to the online site and order it with credentials. It won;t ship until after the show. My buddy, Sean Forney, ordered Battle Bones for me and the He-Man 2-pack for himself.
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

    Creator of Kaiju Kaos.

  11. #86
    Heroic Warrior DC_WARLORD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Skartaris, Inner Earth
    Posts
    2,454
    Quote Originally Posted by mizterfish View Post
    I haven’t had trouble finding any of them yet. In fact, I found Faker in the clearance section at Walmart for $1.
    My local Wally's carried them briefly, but the next thing you know, they had nothing but multiple Picards just gathering dust. Now? I only ever see the HALO ones.
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; June 18, 2019 at 12:06am.
    Odd Man Out

  12. #87
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    492
    Quote Originally Posted by baileyrecords View Post
    You have to have a Comic-Con badge with registration number. Then go to the online site and order it with credentials. It won;t ship until after the show. My buddy, Sean Forney, ordered Battle Bones for me and the He-Man 2-pack for himself.
    Wait. I have a badge but wonít be able to make the show. Hrm.

  13. #88
    Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Grove City, Ohio USA
    Posts
    1,042
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrala View Post
    Wait. I have a badge but won’t be able to make the show. Hrm.
    Well, as of this reply, the Batman figure set, the She-Ra figure set, and MCX Battle Bones are still available for preorder at shop.mattel.com. Everything else is Sold Out.
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

    Creator of Kaiju Kaos.

  14. #89
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,175
    Quote Originally Posted by baileyrecords View Post
    Well, as of this reply, the Batman figure set, the She-Ra figure set, and MCX Battle Bones are still available for preorder at shop.mattel.com. Everything else is Sold Out.
    It's going on all week, I'm thinking they will add a certain amount everyday.

    Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

  15. #90
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    492
    Quote Originally Posted by baileyrecords View Post
    Well, as of this reply, the Batman figure set, the She-Ra figure set, and MCX Battle Bones are still available for preorder at shop.mattel.com. Everything else is Sold Out.
    It says you have to check in at the show or they donít ship. Wary of losing the money there.

  16. #91
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,175
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrala View Post
    It says you have to check in at the show or they donít ship. Wary of losing the money there.
    My buddy texted me this morning that he ordered them lol and he was like I might cancel them. I was like don't worry, they will cancel it, it's only if you're going to the show lol. We have to wait to see if they will offer any left over to us, or bbts and pay that extra cost. I don't even wanna see what that cost will be for this or the vintage.

    Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

  17. #92
    Heroic Warrior Dokto's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Etheria
    Posts
    286
    Great looking set! Thanks for the information and I am looking forward to picking it up. Hopefully not on eBay!

  18. #93
    King Of Avalon griffen112182's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Virginia, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon
    Posts
    877
    Full Disclosure these are not my pictures. I copied these from some listings on Ebay. I hope it is okay to post these pictures on here, if not then delete them and reprimand me by however you see fit.


    Here is a look at all the parts and accessories we get.



    Here is a different angle on those items.



    We get an air freshener with "The Pine Scent of Justice"



    The back of the box shows Moss Man is FLOCKED! That is flocking awesome!



    Front of the Box. And now the accessories run down, Figures 1st:

    Teela:
    Snake Head Dress
    Staff
    Shield
    Red Laser(?) it does match her color scheme

    Man-At-Arms:
    Orange Mace
    Gray Laser Pistol(?) It is the same mold as the single carded versions gun so why not

    Moss Man:
    Bronze Mace

    Faker:
    Magenta Power Sword
    Magenta Battle Axe

    Other Weapons:
    Power Sword in Blue
    Battle Axe in Blue
    Power Shield in Blue
    (all tributes to the vintage weapons pak)
    Zodac Gun Bronze
    Greyskull Spear Bronze
    Power Sword Bronze
    Greyskull Chain Shield Bronze
    Greyskull Halbeard Bronze
    Greyskull Pole Axe Bronze
    Greyskull Battle Axe Bronze
    Greyskull Short Sword Bronze
    Greyskull Laser Rifle Bronze
    (these last few have to be tributes to the vintage Greyskull Weapons Rack with some obvious substitutions which I will explain in a bit)

    I think a bunch of these weapons were also done so some of the future tooling we need for some figures is already done. Example:

    Zodac's Gun gives us Zodac and possibly even Zodak

    The Greyskull Chain Shield gives us Stinkor

    The Spear gives us King Randor and Whiplash

    The Greyskull Battle Axe gives us Buzz Off

    Moss Man's Mace means Clawful too.

    The Laser Rifle means Webstor

    The Chain Shield, Laser Rifle, Battle Axe, Moss Man Mace, and Short Sword also could mean Man-E-Faces/Man-E-Weapons in the future also.

    This means that Mattel is possibly thinking long term or at least a few years down the road with the MC MOTU line. I hope this also means that we can get POP, 200X, and NA mixed before this is all said and done.
    Last edited by griffen112182; June 21, 2019 at 03:54pm.
    Griffen Is not My real name, just what I aspire to be.

    I collect MOTU/POP, Transformers, Garfield the Cat, & 80's/90's Book & Tape/Record Sets. I collect VHS & DVD of 80's-00's properties and comics. My YouTube Channel titled: Feb Mon
    https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCr-M2kh33ALM2nEzcKZKNKQ

    Mostly Playlists & used for commenting on videos. Still, Check it out if you have time.

  19. #94
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,175
    Quote Originally Posted by griffen112182 View Post
    Full Disclosure these are not my pictures. I copied these from some listings on Ebay. I hope it is okay to post these pictures on here, if not then delete them and reprimand me by however you see fit.

    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...cbf4f4f3b9.jpg
    Here is a look at all the parts and accessories we get.

    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...9ca6a6e5d4.jpg

    Here is a different angle on those items.

    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...e4292aea2b.jpg

    We get an air freshener with "The Pine Scent of Justice"

    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...f656427c9f.jpg

    The back of the box shows Moss Man is FLOCKED! That is flocking awesome!

    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...fa40f09823.jpg

    Front of the Box. And now the accessories run down, Figures 1st:

    Teela:
    Snake Head Dress
    Staff
    Shield
    Red Laser(?) it does match her color scheme

    Man-At-Arms:
    Orange Mace
    Gray Laser Pistol(?) It is the same mold as the single carded versions gun so why not

    Moss Man:
    Bronze Mace

    Faker:
    Magenta Power Sword
    Magenta Battle Axe

    Other Weapons:
    Power Sword in Blue
    Battle Axe in Blue
    Power Shield in Blue
    (all tributes to the vintage weapons pak)
    Zodac Gun Bronze
    Greyskull Spear Bronze
    Power Sword Bronze
    Greyskull Chain Shield Bronze
    Greyskull Halbeard Bronze
    Greyskull Pole Axe Bronze
    Greyskull Battle Axe Bronze
    Greyskull Short Sword Bronze
    Greyskull Laser Rifle Bronze
    (these last few have to be tributes to the vintage Greyskull Weapons Rack with some obvious substitutions which I will explain in a bit)

    I think a bunch of these weapons were also done so some of the future tooling we need for some figures is already done. Example:

    Zodac's Gun gives us Zodac and possibly even Zodak

    The Greyskull Chain Shield gives us Stinkor

    The Spear gives us King Randor and Whiplash

    The Greyskull Battle Axe gives us Buzz Off

    Moss Man's Mace means Clawful too.

    The Laser Rifle means Webstor

    The Chain Shield, Laser Rifle, Battle Axe, Moss Man Mace, and Short Sword also could mean Man-E-Faces/Man-E-Weapons in the future also.

    This means that Mattel is possibly thinking long term or at least a few years down the road with the MC MOTU line. I hope this also means that we can get POP, 200X, and NA mixed before this is all said and done.
    They have the full collection already mapped out.

    Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

  20. #95
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    212
    Mega Construx has a MOTU page under their brand or worlds section. You view sets by year and they have the year options set to go as far as 2022 I think. No sets listed for future dates but hopefully that means they are planning ahead!

  21. #96
    Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Grove City, Ohio USA
    Posts
    1,042
    Amazing and gorgeous! Thanks for reposting these here. Looking forward to getting my set in late July!
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

    Creator of Kaiju Kaos.

  22. #97
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,175
    I wish the castle wasn't so expensive. I really want it. I really want the figures more. But the box art and set up is very nice and appealing.

    Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

  23. #98
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    492
    Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    I wish the castle wasn't so expensive. I really want it. I really want the figures more. But the box art and set up is very nice and appealing.

    Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
    I wish they'd consider a Vintage Toy scaled castle. More like 6-7 inches. Fewer pieces. This feels like they took the Classics castle and amped it up.

    I'd thought about getting the Minis but that castle is too far off style wise.

  24. #99
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,175
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrala View Post
    I wish they'd consider a Vintage Toy scaled castle. More like 6-7 inches. Fewer pieces. This feels like they took the Classics castle and amped it up.

    I'd thought about getting the Minis but that castle is too far off style wise.
    We just have to be the average joe fan and wait for it to hit clearance lol. I remember when we got the skystrikers and i grabbed 6 to support them and people were waiting for clearance lol. Normally you will never catch me thinking like that, but way to much stuff came out the last few months or preorders even, that 250 is something that's not In the budget. Plus this ain't my main line, and not even close to a Lego fan, I actually couldn't stand legos since my mom first got me them when I was 3 or 4.

    Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

  25. #100
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    492
    Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    We just have to be the average joe fan and wait for it to hit clearance lol. I remember when we got the skystrikers and i grabbed 6 to support them and people were waiting for clearance lol. Normally you will never catch me thinking like that, but way to much stuff came out the last few months or preorders even, that 250 is something that's not In the budget. Plus this ain't my main line, and not even close to a Lego fan, I actually couldn't stand legos since my mom first got me them when I was 3 or 4.

    Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
    Even on clearance, I'd have to figure out how to quarter scale it. I want Grayskull in toy scale.

    How do you get the drawbridge down to around 2" by 1.5"? Without an oversized skull? I really want it to be 6" tall, 4" wide, 2" drawbridge.

    I was hoping we'd get a Pop Town Grayskull (their Ghostbusters Firehouse is 7") but it sounds like Funko lost the license.

    And I'm, skeptical whether MCX Grayskull can really be downscaled to the extent I'd want. Too many custom shaped parts.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •