Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Mega Construx Battle Bones

Heroic Warrior
    I've got 2 and maybe a third on the way I'm thinking of making a longer Battle Bones.

I really needed that's what I used for my battle armor Skeletor when I was younger.

It would be awesome to get the battle armor mega already does the removable armor on figures.

Virginia, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon
    Does anyone know what the equivalent price at retail might have been? I went with an Ebay seller with a 100% rating and a high transactions count just so I don't miss this.

To help with the math most websites have the "Mega Construx Wind Raider" as $19.99 for 198 pieces with 2 figures

Battle Bones has 431 pieces and 4 figures.
    Griffen Is not My real name, just what I aspire to be.

I collect MOTU/POP, Transformers, Garfield the Cat, & 80's/90's Book & Tape/Record Sets. I collect VHS & DVD of 80's-00's properties and comics. My YouTube Channel titled: Feb Mon
    https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCr-M2kh33ALM2nEzcKZKNKQ

Mostly Playlists & used for commenting on videos. Still, Check it out if you have time.

Quote Originally Posted by griffen112182 View Post
    Does anyone know what the equivalent price at retail might have been? I went with an Ebay seller with a 100% rating and a high transactions count just so I don't miss this.

To help with the math most websites have the "Mega Construx Wind Raider" as $19.99 for 198 pieces with 2 figures

Battle Bones has 431 pieces and 4 figures.
    It was $30 per Mattel
    Awesome new Fantasy RPG 5E/D&D magazine coming and you can pre-order at the link below!
    https://broadsword.samcart.com/refer...6eQLqoCrE2Uoap

My feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=197226

Here is the link for it on Mattel Shop:

https://shop.mattel.com/shop/en-us/m...le-bones-ghr82
    MOTU Vintage Visual Figure Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

MOTUC from Vintage Visual Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

My Feedback Thread

Quote Originally Posted by soundwavempl View Post
    Here is the link for it on Mattel Shop:

https://shop.mattel.com/shop/en-us/m...le-bones-ghr82
    Dude that listing is only good if YOU are GOING TO SDCC!

Read the disclaimer in the summery. The only way to get Battle Bones outside of SDCC right now is through a 3rd party; I.e. Amazon, Ebay, or the .org marketplace.

We have to wait and see if Mattel and Mega Construx will do some form of retail release later. Most likely minus the air freshener.

I collect MOTU/POP, Transformers, Garfield the Cat, & 80's/90's Book & Tape/Record Sets. I collect VHS & DVD of 80's-00's properties and comics. My YouTube Channel titled: Feb Mon

Mostly Playlists & used for commenting on videos. Still, Check it out if you have time.

Pretty sure soundwavempl only posted the link to show you what Mattel was saying the MSRP.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilJam View Post
    Pretty sure soundwavempl only posted the link to show you what Mattel was saying the MSRP.
    Yes, thank you. That was intention and I was only trying to be helpful.

griffen112182, I can read you know. I am fully aware of the situation with Battle Bones. You asked for some info, all I did was provide what you were asking. Next time I won't bother.
    MOTU Vintage Visual Figure Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

MOTUC from Vintage Visual Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

My Feedback Thread

Quote Originally Posted by soundwavempl View Post
    Yes, thank you. That was intention and I was only trying to be helpful.

griffen112182, I can read you know. I am fully aware of the situation with Battle Bones. You asked for some info, all I did was provide what you were asking. Next time I won't bother.
    Please continue to bother still regardless of this, most of us appreciate being provided information when we do ask. Thanks

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

very happy for the return of the Battle Bones tm
    Should be available to retail for a wider audience, too much good to be an exclusive
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "Good Journey!"
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."
    "The Power of Grayskull Awakens......"
    "Let the Power Returns....!"

Got my MCX Battle Bones today. It is awesome with all of the articulated joints. The Moss-Man is flocked and has a mild pine scent. Faker has some "Terminator" Endo-Skeleton parts to help make him battle damaged. Love all the extra weapons and the air freshener smell of "THE PINE SCENT OF JUSTICE".

Weapons included(not for figures) :
    Blue Power Sword(vintage weapons pak)
    Blue Battle Axe(vintage weapons pak)
    Blue Power Shield(vintage weapon pak)
    Gold Power Sword(DC Present #54 Superman Cover)
    Red Laser Pistol
    Bronze Laser Rifle
    Bronze Chain Shield
    Bronze Short Sword
    Bronze Combat Axe
    Bronze Halbread Axe
    Bronze Scythe
    Bronze Spear
    Bronze "Zodac" Pistol

Weapons for figures:
    Moss-Man:
    Bronze Mace
    Pine Scented Air Freshener with string loop

Man-At-Arms:
    Orange Mace
    Black Laser Pistol
    Shoulder Armor
    Chest Armor
    Non-Mustache Head

Teela:
    Snake Staff
    Warrior Goddess Shield
    Snake Armor

Faker:
    Magenta Power Sword
    Magenta Battle Axe
    Magenta "Skeletor" Armor

4 green plate figure stands included

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Mine has been shipped, I can't wait to receive it, it should be arriving with Castle Grayskull.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    Mine has been shipped, I can't wait to receive it, it should be arriving with Castle Grayskull.
    It also looks awesome with CG and the Wind Raider. Now we just need all the vehicles/beasts from next year to pad out the war.

Also, I want MCX Stridor and Nightstalker now. Since we have BC and Panthor I feel a "Beast-Man" 200X Griffen is on the way for army building soon.

I got mine from an eBay seller, and I haven't but it yet. Maybe sometimes next week when I have the time. However the included mini-figures look awesome from the packaging's window.

I'm still waiting for Castle Grayskull to drop down in price a little more before acquiring it. And hopefully Stratos and Scareglow will be easier to get as well, I'm not paying those ridiculous eBay scalper prices!
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkkosis View Post
    I got mine from an eBay seller, and I haven't but it yet. Maybe sometimes next week when I have the time. However the included mini-figures look awesome from the packaging's window.

I'm still waiting for Castle Grayskull to drop down in price a little more before acquiring it. And hopefully Stratos and Scareglow will be easier to get as well, I'm not paying those ridiculous eBay scalper prices!
    If your lucky GameStop will probably have another sale, the usually have some kind of sale towards the end of summer. Also check their site for coupons or coupon codes. You maybe even be able to stack the savings.

If your lucky GameStop will probably have another sale, the usually have some kind of sale towards the end of summer. Also check their site for coupons or coupon codes. You maybe even be able to stack the savings.
    What if the set has a wrong box of elements and such, would they take it back and replace it without much trouble like Amazon? Just wondering!

Heroic Warrior
    What if the set has a wrong box of elements and such, would they take it back and replace it without much trouble like Amazon? Just wondering!
    I believe Mega Construx has a fairly good record of sending out missing parts when requested

Quote Originally Posted by lightsyder View Post
    I believe Mega Construx has a fairly good record of sending out missing parts when requested
    Nate Baertsch had an opposite experience with their customer service! If you listen to RGD episode 169 you'd know what I mean:
    http://hwcdn.libsyn.com/p/3/6/c/36c0a4a5f6dbbd22/Roast-Gooble-Dinner_Episode_169.mp3?c_id=46976606&cs_id=46976606&expiration=1564200431&hwt=926d992d8e9971a09ff88cb1733cb51c

Nate Baertsch had an opposite experience with their customer service! If you listen to RGD episode 169 you'd know what I mean:
    http://hwcdn.libsyn.com/p/3/6/c/36c0a4a5f6dbbd22/Roast-Gooble-Dinner_Episode_169.mp3?c_id=46976606&cs_id=46976606&expiration=1564200431&hwt=926d992d8e9971a09ff88cb1733cb51c
    They should have contact info on the box or instructions for email or phone. We have had a ton of people in the Wind Raider and CG thread that have said that the MCX CS was reasonable and fast at getting out missing parts to them.

The SDCC Battle Bones shouldn't be a problem either since only the parts on the minifigures of Moss-Man and Faker are unique to the set, and maybe some of the extra weapons. Everything else is a common enough piece and was made in white at some point by MCX.

They should have contact info on the box or instructions for email or phone. We have had a ton of people in the Wind Raider and CG thread that have said that the MCX CS was reasonable and fast at getting out missing parts to them.

The SDCC Battle Bones shouldn't be a problem either since only the parts on the minifigures of Moss-Man and Faker are unique to the set, and maybe some of the extra weapons. Everything else is a common enough piece and was made in white at some point by MCX.
    I was more concerned about the Castle Grayskull set. Nate had a whole numbered box missing!...
    I'm a LEGO aficionado myself for many many years, and their customer service is among the best in the business hands down, and the missing elements scenario is a rarity considering the huge volumes of the sets LEGO produces and sells daily, but it happens nonetheless once in a blue moon!

As for Mega-Construx I've heard from people over the years reporting a lot more discrepancies than what can be considered acceptable. Their QC history wasn't the best, but it's improving. However, especially lately after reading and hearing people's stories, I'm a little worried to be honest with you when investing in bigger sets like CG!

Nate's story is an example of why I'm a little concerned.

Heroic Warrior

On walmart.com Paul mart has em for 189. No idea about shipping and tax but take a look.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
    Last edited by unclassified; July 27, 2019 at 10:32am.

Heroic Warrior
    Contact mega and they will send you whatever you are missing. My buddy did it and got goddess shield he was missing and lied and got a free goddess too.

Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    On walmart.com Paul mart has em for 189. No idea about shipping and tax but take a look.

I've checked them out, they accept returns but with 20% restocking fees. I'll think about it. Thanks for info though, I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    Contact mega and they will send you whatever you are missing. My buddy did it and got goddess shield he was missing and lied and got a free goddess too.

I will do if I find that I have any missing elements, and I'll see how efficient they are.

Heroic Warrior
    Got my battle bones set. Opened the one side but can't access the contents from there so I have to open the other side to check. Mossman is so rad. Cute lil green furball.

Heroic Warrior
    If I knew this from a review then I forgot. But faker has half a silver face. It's actually all over the box in the pics too. You can only notice it when it's on an angle.

Heroic Warrior
    It was a pricey set, but super cool. I got mine for 61 shipped. So wasn't to bad of a price when considering from mattel the ship and tax would've put it in around 50ish. Nothing like the inflation on that origins set. Glad I have no interest in them.