Thread: Cinematic, Epic, Orchestral reimagining of the classic He-Man theme Music

Widget

Cinematic, Epic, Orchestral reimagining of the classic He-Man theme Music

Hi
    I hope this is the right place to post this link?
    Iíve always loved He-man and had most of the original action figures including castle grayskull. Unfortunately my mum sold them all in the mid 90ís.
    Iíve recently just purchased the Super7 He-man and couldnít be happier with it.
    This has inspired me to start collecting He-man memorabilia again and I also (as a music composer) have composed a reimagining of the original classic Masters Of The Universe theme but done in a cinematic, epic, orchestral style using the concept artwork of Mark Taylor. I have added a more serious, darker tone to the theme written by Shuki Levy and Haim Saban.
    Iíd love to know what you guys think as working on it was a true joy and I hope true fans will enjoy a different take on the theme. Also Iíve done a little nod at Skeletors theme in the intro.
    Here is it is if you are interested in hearing my version https://youtu.be/WlnTFCTcDjo
    Thanks
    Chris

I love the music! Very nice job.

I saw that you gave credit to Simo Sol, which is fantastic, but the image with Battle Armor He-Man was done by Dave Wilkins. Awesome dude and awesome art.

Just listened to it. The song isn't bad after all, chrishaighmusic.
    Try to reach inside of me, try to drain my energy
    Let me show you just what I'm made of
    Simple curiosity trying to take a bite of me
    Let me show you just what I'm made of now...

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    I love the music! Very nice job.

I saw that you gave credit to Simo Sol, which is fantastic, but the image with Battle Armor He-Man was done by Dave Wilkins. Awesome dude and awesome art.
    Thank you so much for taking the time to listen and glad you liked it. I love the original theme so much and wanted to stay loyal to the music but have a more serious, cinematic, film score vibe.
    Ahh great thanks, for the info. I looked around to find the name of the artist for that image so I will add it now to the description. I contacted Simo Sol for permission to use his amazing artwork to go along with my music.

Quote Originally Posted by Neophron View Post
    Just listened to it. The song isn't bad after all, chrishaighmusic.
    Thanks for listening, itís really kind of you. Haha yeah the source material definitely helps

Widget
    Thank you to everyone who took the time to listen to my cinematic He-Man theme. I did it for fun as a fan and for other fans of The Masters Of The Universe. I was hoping that you guys might enjoy a different sounding version of a classic cartoon theme. I’m not sure if I failed but it was fun trying.
    Thanks again and I’d still love to hear your thoughts good or bad on the track.

I think it sounds great! I found it a little difficult to pick out the original melody, but it's still impressive and nice to listen to.

What program did you use to arrange this?
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    I think it sounds great! I found it a little difficult to pick out the original melody, but it's still impressive and nice to listen to.

What program did you use to arrange this?
    Hey Wakko, thank you so much for your thoughts. I guess I was thinking by adding counter melodies to the main theme that would help give it that film score feel, while still trying to stay respectful to the source material. But I very much appreciate you taking the time to sharing your thoughts and glad you enjoyed it.
    I use Cubase to compose this track.

comic artist
    just listened to it. pretty impressive. im a big big fan of movie scores and instrumental music and this sounded great. very cool

rob
    contact me at robnor101@yahoo.com

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by robnor101 View Post
    just listened to it. pretty impressive. im a big big fan of movie scores and instrumental music and this sounded great. very cool

rob
    Hey Rob
    Thanks so much for checking it out and Iím glad you enjoyed it. Really appreciate hearing your opinion on it.