Thread: The live-action MOTU movie DUBBED WITH 80s HE_MAN CARTOON SOUNDS! LOL!!

Widget

The live-action MOTU movie DUBBED WITH 80s HE_MAN CARTOON SOUNDS! LOL!!

Hello fellow He-Man fans!

I'm working on a He-Man fan project---a mashup video of 'Masters of the Universe' (1987 live-action movie starring Dolph Lundgren) but recut and re-dubbed with only 'He-Man and the Masters of the Universe' (1983-85 cartoon) music, voices, and sound effects! So far the results are as hilarious as you would expect! Skeletor's voice in that series is so whiny and comical when applied to the live-action Skeletor from the 1987 MOTU movie! He-Man's corny wit and voice are comical when applied to Dolph Lundgren 80s action as well!

I have rewatched the top 20 most popular episodes DVD to comb through it and to extract funny or relevant character dialog. However, as I am no expert on the cartoon series as a whole (even though I loved it as a kid), I'm having a hard time finding the right character dialog sound bites that best fit the live-action scenes of my 6-minute mashup (I have 75% of it locked in, but need help with about 25% of it).

I need the help of knowledgable fans of the 1983 cartoon!

In short, can any of you help me by naming any 1983-85 He-Man cartoon episodes in which any of the following occurs?

- Any episode where either Beast Man or Trap Jaw explain to Skeletor that He-Man got away
    - Any episode where Skeletor yells at his henchmen for letting He-Man get away, such as to Beast Man: "You overgrown fur coat, you let him get away!"
    - Any episode where Skeletor complains about how Beast Man, Trap Jaw, etc. are all idiots (FYI, I have the one from The Rainbow Warrior already)
    - Any episode where He-Man yells out to Skeletor to "Stop!" or "Wait!" or "Don't do this!"
    - Any episode where Skeletor perhaps says "Don't fail me again!" (or something similar)
    - Any episode where Skeletor perhaps says "Get them!" Or "Stop them!" Or "Get him!" Or "Stop him!"
    - Any episode where Man-At-Arms shouts "Yes!" in excitement
    - Any episode where Skeletor groans or yells in comical frustration
    - Any episode where Skeletor has a classic insult
    - Any episode where He-man has a classic insult for Skeletor, Beast Man or Trap Jaw
    - Any episode where He-Man says "Until next time, Skeletor!" or "So long, Skeletor!" (Or something similar)
    - Any episode where Teela or Man-At-Arms says "Come on!" Or "Let's go!"
    - Any episode where Skeletor says "Curse you, He-man!", "I'll get you for this, He-Man!" (Or something similar)
    - Any episode where He-Man gets captured or imprisoned (by Skeletor?) and has to escape
    - Any episode where He-Man states "I'm okay!" or "I'm alright!"
    - Any episode where He-man tells Skeletor to surrender, give up, or "it's all over, Skeletor!" (Or something similar)
    - Any episode ending where Skeletor says something after He-Man escapes, "I'll be back!" Or "I'll get you next time, He-Man!"
    - Any episode where the Sorceress praises He-Man's heroics.
    - Any episode scene at all from the series that you consider to be classic character dialog that must be included in my project!

FYI, I've tried multiple internet searches to look for 1983 He-Man episode scripts (to quickly search through character dialog), but there appears to be nothing searchable online. Unfortunately, my only options were to 1) peruse through all 130 episodes to find the character dialog sound bites I need, taking copious notes, or 2) ask knowledgable 1983 He-Man fans for there input. Which is what brings me to this forum today.

I hope to create something I'll be proud of, and that true He-Man fans will be proud of too, which is why i'm reaching out to you. By the way, if any of you are interested in the quality of work I do, you can look me up by searching for 'RetroSFX mashups' on YouTube.

If it comes to it, for a select few that are eager and that volunteer, I'd be happy to share a low-quality version of the current state of my mashup, as it will give a better idea of what my needs are.

I realize none of you know me or have any reason to help. No offense taken if I get no replies. But from one He-Man fan to many others, thanks for at least reading this and considering it!

Bryce
    RetroSFX
    Last edited by RetroSFX; May 16, 2019 at 02:14pm.

My starter for 10 ... I believe the "overgrown fur coat" line comes from the episode Return of Evil.

If you're looking for insults in particular, you may find my blog (linked in my sig) useful - it's got a review of all 130 eps, with a specific section listing all the insults in each episode.

(Shameless self-promotion /end) Good luck with your project, it sounds great fun!
    Check out my Masters of the Universe cartoon review site at https://hemanmotu.wordpress.com/!

Widget
    Cool! I'll check your blog out. Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OwenMorton View Post
    My starter for 10 ... I believe the "overgrown fur coat" line comes from the episode Return of Evil.
    Yep! Found it. I can cross that item off my list now. Thanks!
    Last edited by RetroSFX; May 16, 2019 at 06:09pm.

Widget

When (what cartoon episode) does He-Man say "Not today, Skeletor!" in?

Hi all.

What cartoon episode(s) does He-Man say "Not today, Skeletor!" in?
    Last edited by RetroSFX; May 21, 2019 at 10:34am.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by OwenMorton View Post
    (Shameless self-promotion /end) Good luck with your project, it sounds great fun!
    I have finished my project. In total it is a 6 minute mashup, which will release on my YouTube channel tomorrow. For helping me, here's a glimpse sneak peek of one of the scenes:

https://youtu.be/F8-NuJUqg3E

Widget

The live-action MOTU movie DUBBED WITH 80s HE_MAN CARTOON SOUNDS! LOL!!

This was a labor of love!

Watch my mashup video of 'Masters of the Universe' (1987 live-action movie) dubbed with 80s He-Man cartoon sounds from the 'He-Man and the Masters of the Universe' (1983-1985) cartoon!

https://youtu.be/u2b_rekVTDA

he-man-cover-2.jpg