Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 58

Thread: Speculation/wish list for 5.5" Super7 figures

  1. #26
    Court Magician vanalon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Milan,Italy
    Posts
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    I'd like to see these as well but S7 has said they can't do them. They can only do "AS SEEN ON TV" figures from the Filmation series.
    Oh, so they can do only filmation figures? :-( We have to have faith in future Mattel intervention...

  2. #27
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    492
    Quote Originally Posted by vanalon View Post
    Oh, so they can do only filmation figures? :-( We have to have faith in future Mattel intervention...
    Mattel just announced an SDCC exclusive set that's a preview of their new 5.5" line.

    It's super-articulated, 5,5" (a bit taller if you unbend the knees), and basically looks to be going back to Alcala and the vintage toy proportions.

    The line has been confirmed by the 4 Horsemen to be a line they were hired to do after Mattel developed the Adam/He-Man prototype and it's called Masters of the Universe: Origins.

    Apparent retail price looks to be $20 a figure and one of the Horsemen said it's headed to physical mass retail later in the year.

  3. #28
    Court Magician vanalon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Milan,Italy
    Posts
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrala View Post
    Mattel just announced an SDCC exclusive set that's a preview of their new 5.5" line.

    It's super-articulated, 5,5" (a bit taller if you unbend the knees), and basically looks to be going back to Alcala and the vintage toy proportions.

    The line has been confirmed by the 4 Horsemen to be a line they were hired to do after Mattel developed the Adam/He-Man prototype and it's called Masters of the Universe: Origins.

    Apparent retail price looks to be $20 a figure and one of the Horsemen said it's headed to physical mass retail later in the year.

    I see them, He-man and Alcala style Pince Adam but I don't like them too much.
    It's an ibrid between classics and vintage… and for me it's too much a confusion between the two styles.

  4. #29
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    205
    Quote Originally Posted by vanalon View Post
    I see them, He-man and Alcala style Pince Adam but I don't like them too much.
    It's an ibrid between classics and vintage… and for me it's too much a confusion between the two styles.
    I think they look pretty cool but whatever the case I just hope Super 7 can keep making the neo-vintage figures like they have been. Although I’m not thrilled about them being boxed into Filmation style only. It’s acceptable but I hope they concentrate on more never before release vintage style MOTU characters like Icer or Batros or most of the Filmation She-ra cast.

  5. #30
    LittleSpinny TOKYONEVER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Funky France
    Posts
    2,692
    Quote Originally Posted by vanalon View Post
    I see them, He-man and Alcala style Pince Adam but I don't like them too much.
    It's an ibrid between classics and vintageÖ and for me it's too much a confusion between the two styles.
    +the He-Man's heads are very bad... again... I don't understand why because the 12" Giant figures they shown the last year had perfect vintage style He-Man's heads
    I was really waiting for something more like the vintage line, as Super7 is doing (but not limited at Filmation's)
    With many articulations like they did, it is just a classics/vintage hybrid line... to say differently: the Classics line but smaller... zero interest for me.

  6. #31
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    492
    I think if thereís one major hope for S7 aside from Reaction, it would be a continuation of the vintage stuff they have been doing, namely Filmation and Grayskull.

    I feel like Powers of Grayskull in particular can be spun off into its own brand to avoid market confusion that would worry Mattel.

    Itís almost potentially as much a separate brand as She-Ra.

    King Grayskull, Gladiator, Ro, Veena, Ancient King Hiss, Horde Prime, the Fighting Foe Men, Lady Slither. A Gigantasaur campaign. Maybe Terrorsaur or giants reissues. Or King Hissí purple Terrorsaur from the minicomics.

  7. #32
    master of accessories facet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,886
    How about characters like icer strongarm lizard man Fangman Scorpia sea hawk madame razz Marlena fill in the spots that are missing from vintage collections Adora filmation attack Trak ,the Basher, the collector

  8. #33
    Court Magician
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    How about characters like icer strongarm lizard man Fangman Scorpia sea hawk madame razz Marlena fill in the spots that are missing from vintage collections Adora filmation attack Trak ,the Basher, the collector
    Yes please! Also hoping for some vintage line with retro art vehicles and play sets!

  9. #34
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    83
    If, and that is probably a big IF, they continue the new vintage line, I suspect they will closely follow Club Grayskull - seems more economical since the design work at least overlaps. I mean, that would at least explain why we are getting someone as "obscure" as Evil Seed over some of the more prominent characters. So if there is a wave 5, I would expect Clawful, Grizzlor, Mantenna, Man-e-Faces and Fisto.

  10. #35
    Court Magician
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by Lasastard View Post
    If, and that is probably a big IF, they continue the new vintage line, I suspect they will closely follow Club Grayskull - seems more economical since the design work at least overlaps. I mean, that would at least explain why we are getting someone as "obscure" as Evil Seed over some of the more prominent characters. So if there is a wave 5, I would expect Clawful, Grizzlor, Mantenna, Man-e-Faces and Fisto.
    I would love those main characters for my collection. I would be really mad if I started to collect the new vintage line and it ends so fast. The point of this vintage line is they remind me of the figures from the 80s including the packaging. Hope they don't ever change that. I'm a moc collector. But eventually may buy some to open down the road.

  11. #36
    Searchin' My Soul DisneyBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    4,274
    Ever since COTU made their awesome Scorpia figure from a vintage Teela buck I've wanted one. Hopefully this line will deliver that...as well as Filmation Bow, Glimmer, Leech, Mantenna and -my all-time want - Catra!

    But I want Catra to be girly like the original POP figures. Fabric cape and skirt, rooted hair....the works! . It won't happen though. Did you see what they did to a vintage styled She-Ra? *shudder*

  12. #37
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    205
    I’m ready for either -

    A full She-Ra Wave:
    Scorpia
    Catra
    Glimmer
    Bow

    or

    A full Female Wave:
    Scorpia
    Catra
    Katrina
    Queen Marlena

    Honorable mention:
    Octavia
    Shokoti
    Huntara
    Adora

  13. #38
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    492
    So Flynn said the Stout collection is independent of Mattel (unaffected by the license stuff there) and that they have rights to make Stout’s She-Ra design but can’t call it She-Ra because it was never publicly used as She-Ra.

    I think that would be a solid couple of Vintage waves. I heard the 7 inch didn’t sell super but I think 5.5 Stout movie figures would fill a lot of collection gaps and sell better at the lower price point.

    There might also be an opening to do Vintage style comics Conan, Bravestarr, and TMNT. The TMNT might be really interesting as a reinterpretation of the original Playmates figures.

  14. #39
    Heroic Warrior Trap-Jaw-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    140
    Delora

    A filmation clawful and Icer

  15. #40
    Widget
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by vanalon View Post
    oh...and the figures of the last wave, obviously:
    -Strobo
    -Lord Gr'asp
    -Terroar
    -Plasmar
    -Snake Troopers
    -Slamurai
    Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    I'd like to see these as well but S7 has said they can't do them. They can only do "AS SEEN ON TV" figures from the Filmation series.
    Oh, that's a pity

  16. #41
    Warrior of Evolution 13977's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Nottinghamshire, UK
    Posts
    8,261
    Quote Originally Posted by vanalon View Post
    oh...and the figures of the last wave, obviously:
    -Strobo
    -Lord Gr'asp
    -Terroar
    -Plasmar
    -Snake Troopers
    -Slamurai
    Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    I'd like to see these as well but S7 has said they can't do them. They can only do "AS SEEN ON TV" figures from the Filmation series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladik841 View Post
    Oh, that's a pity
    And now it looks like they cant even do the "AS SEEN ON TV" figures from the Filmation either.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

    UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

    Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

  17. #42
    Heroic Warrior Trap-Jaw-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    And now it looks like they cant even do the "AS SEEN ON TV" figures from the Filmation either.
    How come?
    What's happened?

    Does this mean wave 4 is to be the last?

  18. #43
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    205
    Quote Originally Posted by Trap-Jaw- View Post
    How come?
    What's happened?

    Does this mean wave 4 is to be the last?
    Yeah Wave 4 is the end. Mattel had been licensing these out to Super 7 but they recently took it back so they could focus on their own upcoming retail line - Masters of the Universe Origins. Mattel apparently thought Super 7’s MOTU Vintage line was too similar to what they want to do. So they pulled the plug on Super 7’s line.

  19. #44
    Heroic Warrior Trap-Jaw-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by whakojacko View Post
    Yeah Wave 4 is the end. Mattel had been licensing these out to Super 7 but they recently took it back so they could focus on their own upcoming retail line - Masters of the Universe Origins. Mattel apparently thought Super 7ís MOTU Vintage line was too similar to what they want to do. So they pulled the plug on Super 7ís line.
    So are Nattell likely to continue the vintage line? I was really hoping for a decent Sorceress.

  20. #45
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    205
    Quote Originally Posted by Trap-Jaw- View Post
    So are Nattell likely to continue the vintage line? I was really hoping for a decent Sorceress.
    Considering what they already intend to put out I would say no. They certainly haven’t announced that they will be doing that. Mattel’s upcoming line is called Masters of the Universe Origins. If you Google it you’ll see what I’m talking about. Personally not my thing.

  21. #46
    Heroic Warrior Trap-Jaw-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by whakojacko View Post
    Considering what they already intend to put out I would say no. They certainly havenít announced that they will be doing that. Mattelís upcoming line is called Masters of the Universe Origins. If you Google it youíll see what Iím talking about. Personally not my thing.
    Nah. Me neither.

  22. #47
    Court Magician
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by Trap-Jaw- View Post
    So are Nattell likely to continue the vintage line? I was really hoping for a decent Sorceress.
    Same here, that new Mattel line looks way off with the weird faces and way too many movable joints. I hope s7 will continue when the Mattel line dies out. I can't see those new revised versions selling well.

  23. #48
    Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    6,480
    I do like the new Mattel versions which we have seen so far, the multiple joints appeal very much, as well as the small scale. Plus these will come with actual mini comics.

    Saying that, I still think there is a market for these Super7 "As seen on TV" figures if they are strictly Filmation.

    Seeing characters like Icer, Batros, Catra, Scorpia, Sea Hawk, Shokoti and Octavia would have been really nice to see.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

  24. #49
    Searchin' My Soul DisneyBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    4,274
    I definitely would have thought a Marlena would have been coming down the pipeline, using the Shadow Weaver base.

    Stupid Mattel. Don't get me wrong, I like that they've added articulation to the Origins figures, but Super 7 was doing something great by bringing characters never before seen in this scale to the market. So of course they have to mess that up.

  25. #50
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    205
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    I definitely would have thought a Marlena would have been coming down the pipeline, using the Shadow Weaver base.

    Stupid Mattel. Don't get me wrong, I like that they've added articulation to the Origins figures, but Super 7 was doing something great by bringing characters never before seen in this scale to the market. So of course they have to mess that up.
    Don’t worry, as a nice consolation prize for not getting Queen Marlena... We get Buzz-Off instead

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •