Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NEW HERE..sorta..1st post test to see if my art will show

comic artist
    Quote Originally Posted by motogp_fanatic View Post
    I'm impressed... if we can do away with the deaths (again). Skeletor can teach his evil warriors a lesson they will never forget without killing them... Skeletor can return 1 year later and knock around the heroic warriors easily to boast... Sorceress should not fall down or be defeated in chapter 2 easily knowing Teela was killed regardless of the eye of thundera,,she supposed to have access to the orb of power a much greater artifact..... i like the story, i should be liking it more but i just can't pass through the deaths. But that's just a personal opinion.

I'm staying for chapter 2.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    hey hey… I really appreciate you sticking around and seeing whats unfolding. I understand what you mean about deaths and how they don't HAVE to happen. but in my story, they do happen, they are brutal, and unfortunately they are only going to get worse.
    ill tell you a little bit about the overall idea behind this story, as there actually IS a point and some think at first glance its all about shock value for me. issue 2 shows how skeletor got the eye of thundera. ill skip showing that here for now. ill jump right to issue 3 where it picks up this story right where we left off. but the IDEA is to show how a villain finally snaps and goes to an extreme, and how the hero ends up having to face that and the ultimate consequences of skeletors actions and hemans reactions in the moment to those actions. heman has never had to face something this brutal before and HE goes to an extreme(as you WILL see) but then he is left to deal with the fallout of everything. him womdering if he could have and should have dealt with skeletor sooner, to avoid all this. book 2 deals with him falling into a deep dark place in his heart and soul and making even darker choices in his desire to save his SISTER from the same fate he suffers. She-ra has a big role and has some adventures. as the story goes along, heman DOES finally after time find some redemption and crawls out of the dark place he ends up living in for a year or so. but he still has to live with the knowledge of what HES done. his sister ends up not trusting him anymore. the story ends up changing focus from heman to she-ra, and some other side characters and their adventures( a team called the GUANTLETS) and them living in the world that's seen the final battle between heman and skeletor and how the remaining villians are actually scared of heman now. like..terrified. and if I get to draw this ALL the way to the end, I have another big looming threat coming that threatens them all, and ALL ties back to what happened here in issue 1. some characters that we thought were dead actually make it back to life, tho some in different forms. some allegiances change. ill just tell you now that all the characters that have seemingly died DO come back in SOME way and we see them again with the exception of Man-at-arms. he is dead.

so anyway..there is a lot more to show. lots of art work done and im anxiously awaiting the chance to share the whole story. but yeah..be prepared...the next issue is very brutal. but If you can go with the story and understand that im doing a darker take on everything, I think you will be entertained. just remember its always darkest before the light

ROB
    contact me at robnor101@yahoo.com

It seems to me like the dilemma of Batman for not eliminating the threat of the Joker... or injustice Superman current issue.... that explains my reservation.... ahh.. more brutal... He-Man is pure in my mind as shown in the filmation episode where zodac tested him with star seed but he is incorruptible.... maybe the filmation look is putting me off... any chance on going to other look like early minicomics or classics?

Anyway... go... the story is impressive.

By the power of Grayskull!!!!

comic artist
    It seems to me like the dilemma of Batman for not eliminating the threat of the Joker... or injustice Superman current issue.... that explains my reservation.... ahh.. more brutal... He-Man is pure in my mind as shown in the filmation episode where zodac tested him with star seed but he is incorruptible.... maybe the filmation look is putting me off... any chance on going to other look like early minicomics or classics?

Anyway... go... the story is impressive.

Well...considering that this is all drawn and done and printed and all that...the chance of changing designs at this point is zero. Just think of it as an elseworlds tale. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by robnor101 View Post
    Well...considering that this is all drawn and done and printed and all that...the chance of changing designs at this point is zero. Just think of it as an elseworlds tale. Lol
    Oh just that my opinion.... let's just see this.... thanks for sharing your work, your very talented.

Wow, the story is brutal and furious. But also exciting!

Kinda feel bad for the Thundercats though, will we get to see what kinda fight they put up before they lost the Eye of Thundera?

Quote Originally Posted by Iluvart View Post
    Wow, the story is brutal and furious. But also exciting!

Kinda feel bad for the Thundercats though, will we get to see what kinda fight they put up before they lost the Eye of Thundera?
    They all died.

That's a joke. But seriously?

comic artist
    oh the story with the thundercats and their run in with Skeletor goes no better than what we are seeing and will continue to see here in the main story. I may share that part eventually, but for now..we are just staying with the main story...

rob

comic artist
    issue 3

(issue 2 is the side story about the Thundercats.. to be shown later)

comic artist
    it gets rough y'all

WOW..! This is certainly intense..! The art is great and right to the point, and the story is...you know the scene when Quint gets eaten by the shark in Jaws..? You sit and clutch the chair harder and harder as the scene unfolds..! This is how your story has made me do, so far..! I realise this is your interpretation of the end of the Eternian world, at least as we know it, and I have to say that you have immersed me completely, thus far..!

I'll be sending you a PM..!
    Leech sucks..!

comic artist
    Quote Originally Posted by smaug View Post
    WOW..! This is certainly intense..! The art is great and right to the point, and the story is...you know the scene when Quint gets eaten by the shark in Jaws..? You sit and clutch the chair harder and harder as the scene unfolds..! This is how your story has made me do, so far..! I realise this is your interpretation of the end of the Eternian world, at least as we know it, and I have to say that you have immersed me completely, thus far..!

I'll be sending you a PM..!

I replied to your message. Hope you got it!!! And THANK you, its nice to see people enjoying my silly little fan fiction here. I have lots more to share.

comic artist
    He-Man RAGE...

Hey there... so the violence here is pretty extreme, as the mod for this forum I will be checking in on this thread. As a helpful reminder, we are not looking to stifle creativity, but we do have limits as to what can be viewed/said here. Thanks.
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!!

Jafaristew...the guy that coined the term "200X."

comic artist
    Quote Originally Posted by JafariStew View Post
    Hey there... so the violence here is pretty extreme, as the mod for this forum I will be checking in on this thread. As a helpful reminder, we are not looking to stifle creativity, but we do have limits as to what can be viewed/said here. Thanks.
    well theres no rape or sex stuff(just to answer that question before it comes up) as for the violence, the final fight between he-man and skeletor that's coming up is equally as brutal and ends with deaths. I guess you will just have to let me know whats to far and whats not. appreciate the heads up.

I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, or their vision of how and what He-Man should be, but I love that He-Man is being allowed to show rage..! And when the Most Powerful Man in the Universe gets angry, things are bound to get messy..!
    Leech sucks..!

Dang!!! The 80s crossover we never knew we wanted! Great stuff albeit pretty violent for my tastes
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

comic artist

Both crosses the line.now.

comic artist
    Both crosses the line.now.

What do you mean? Not sure i follow...��

Quote Originally Posted by robnor101 View Post
    What do you mean? Not sure i follow...��
    Sorry... posted that when i am too sleepy.

I mean from the look of it, last set of pages... He-Man, like Skeletor, will cross the line that changes them both forever

Might wanna check the meaning of viscousness

https://www.thefreedictionary.com/viscousness

Also does that font you're using have the capital I without the crossbars? Lettering 101 says you should only be using the crossbar I for pronouns, abbreviations and beginning of sentences.
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Heroic Warrior
    I'm sure he meant Viciousness.

comic artist
    Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    Might wanna check the meaning of viscousness

https://www.thefreedictionary.com/viscousness

Also does that font you're using have the capital I without the crossbars? Lettering 101 says you should only be using the crossbar I for pronouns, abbreviations and beginning of sentences.

ahh... there was bound to be at least ONE word I misspelled. ill correct that. as far as the lettering, I know its an art form all its own and its one we struggle with. by WE I mean my younger brother and I. my brother has drawn issue 2 (which hasn't been seen here) AND he does the lettering. we are trying to make it look as correct as possible and are learning as we go. I DO very much appreciate the heads up of things to keep an eye out for in the future.

ROB

comic artist
    heres the end of it all... well..of book 1 anyway.. to THIS story...

comic artist

Last edited by robnor101; June 12, 2019 at 04:24pm.