Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Crowd funding mini-subs

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    I honestly don't understand the appeal of the Filmation figures. Thr Filmation designs are so bland boring compared to Classics.
    The filmation simply stays true to the source material. Some liked it more than classics but some don't. Just a matter of preference. I like both but when given a choice, i chose filmation.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

I honestly don't understand the appeal of the Filmation figures. Thr Filmation designs are so bland boring compared to Classics.
    Too each his own. A lot of collectors like them because their cartoon look is different from classics. Classics has run for close to 10 years and given everyone a nice collection. Club Grayskull is revisiting the main characters in their cartoon look and based on sales its doing far better than Collectors choice.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    In your opinion.

Seems to me The William Stout Collection sold very well. It may not have been what you liked but those characters were highly wanted by a lot of fanbase and those characters scored high in many of the He-Man.org polls. Personally I hope Brian Flynn makes a second 87 movie wave with four more characters.
    Why do you think it sold well? Indications have been that it didn't sell what they were expecting, and only a quarter of what the CG wave sold.

Besides, some of those variants may have scored high in the flawed polls here, but the org is only a small sample of the fandom on the internet.

Additionally, have any polls been done here that probed the feelings of fans towards the film?

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Why do you think it sold well? Indications have been that it didn't sell what they were expecting, and only a quarter of what the CG wave sold.

Besides, some of those variants may have scored high in the flawed polls here, but the org is only a small sample of the fandom on the internet.

Additionally, have any polls been done here that probed the feelings of fans towards the film?
    There were several Sites that have MOTUC collectors who were posting positive comments and thanking Super7 for finally offering these. Even on Super7's FB page

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    Apparently even the "Classics" are not selling as well, the movie line did not sell great, right now the only real big demand seems to be Filmation "CLUB Grayskull" figures...4 times that of Classics...as there are still tons of characters and figures to make...there really aren't that many figures and characters left to make...
    I feel like the decision to make 3/8 of all the CC's released thus far into Filmation figures (in everything but packaging) drove people like me to cherry pick rather than go all in. This in turn caused us to question the inherent value of the figures at a higher price point because of retailer markup, and balk at the ones we were only mildly interested in. The decline of Classics is certainly multifaceted, but that poor decision on the side of S7 to let one line creep into another when it's not warranted or desired is not helping. The small mistakes add up, and forming rifts in a line that survives only on a razor thin margin is not good business. If they released more Quakkes and Fangors and no more Deloras, we might see a reversal in trends.

I generally prefer Classics too but there are a few exceptions, the main one being Skeletor, I just love that Filmation headsculpt. But who cares, we get both! So you can simply pick your favourite.

P.S. Iíd be all in on a 200x style mini sub for the main characters such as Skeletor, Teela, He-Man, Evil-Lyn, etc.

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Count me in too, anything that can provide us more Classics is a good idea.
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

Quote Originally Posted by Razzerian View Post
    I generally prefer Classics too but there are a few exceptions, the main one being Skeletor, I just love that Filmation headsculpt. But who cares, we get both! So you can simply pick your favourite.

P.S. I’d be all in on a 200x style mini sub for the main characters such as Skeletor, Teela, He-Man, Evil-Lyn, etc.
    I would love a Classics 200X style Randor.

As much as I am not a fan of the Filmation figures I must say I prefer the Filmation He-Man head sculpt compared to Classics as I always found that original sculpt to be very weak. It didn't look like the original toy, the card art or the cartoon.

- - - Updated - - -

Too each his own. A lot of collectors like them because their cartoon look is different from classics. Classics has run for close to 10 years and given everyone a nice collection. Club Grayskull is revisiting the main characters in their cartoon look and based on sales its doing far better than Collectors choice.
    I get that and I can understand people wanting more cartoon accurate designs. I find the designs too bland though.
    I think the reason it is doing better than Collectors Choice is just due to the character selection for CC.

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    While it's a fun idea I don't think that would be successful. Snake Mountain was successful because A LOT of us have wanted it for a long time. For what you're speaking of it's too targeted within the fandom. New Adventures for instanceÖwhile I personally feel like they've been the best updates over their vintage counterparts and can hold their own against any other character design in Classics, there's unfortunately many that poo poo them just because it's New Adventures. Maybe mixing characters from each of your suggestions in several releases would work? One NA, One unique to FILMation, One modern mini comic and so on.
    Sadly, you are correct... and that narrow-minded thinking has created enough apprehension, from both Mattel and Super7, that the entire faction has suffered for it.

Ironically, most NA haters can't even give a good reason for all the hate...

Quote Originally Posted by He-bro View Post
    yes, there are some NA figures I would like to have.
    Ummm, like ALL OF THEM!!!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

They should have made more NA characters instead of those stupid concept characters and variants like Preternia He-Man, Mighty Spector and Fighting Foe Men.

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    True.
    Club Grayskull is selling 5 better than Collectors' choice.

I would like to have both subs and vehicules and creatures and another playsets...

But if I had to choose one I would go with Filmation. And that is the easiest to produce and the best sales.
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

They should have made more NA characters instead of those stupid concept characters and variants like Preternia He-Man, Mighty Spector and Fighting Foe Men.
    Amen!!

I've been saying this for years... (vintage) New Adventures is a smaller faction, it should have been completed while still under Mattel's watch.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Amen!!

I've been saying this for years... (vintage) New Adventures is a smaller faction, it should have been completed while still under Mattel's watch.
    Definitely. The NA figures are some of the best in the Classics line.
    Since I started collecting Classics again I only have 5x NA figures. Slushhead is in the mail so he is 6th. My 7th also in the mail is Buzzsaw Hordak.

Ironically, most NA haters can't even give a good reason for all the hate...
    I donít *hate* NA; Iíve created several custom figures for my NA section. But it is my least favorite corner of MOTU, just because I like swords and sorcery a lot more than space ships and sci fi. Yes, there are aspects of that in core MOTU, but itís still my least favorite stuff. Space Mutants are visually interesting so I always look forward to them, but the heroes are visual melatonin.

Honestly, I feel like there is already more than enough product to meet our Masters needs

• 5.75" vintage - actively collect
    • Collector's Choice - actively collect
    • Club Grayskull - actively collect
    • 3.75" Scale Retro
    • Power Con exclusives
    • Muscle
    • Loyal Subjects
    • Mondo
    • Snake Mountain

Not complaining at all, but there are plenty of places to spend Masters Money at the moment. I am more than satisfied with the 6" and the 5.75 vintage.
    But no I am not interested in additional subs at this time. Starting to slow down a bit after 10 years of Classics.
    "I feel the best when I can't remember anything."

Ironically, most NA haters can't even give a good reason for all the hate.
    I don't hate NA, I just grew up with the Filmation Cartoon and then to see NA how they gave Adam pigtails, He-Man Blue pants and a less muscular body and Finally Skeletors goofy face with human eyes and a goofy voice it just wasn't something I could get behind. Not saying those who like NA shouldn't want it if they love it , I'm just saying why I could never get behind it as a whole. Its not hate its just not what I grew up with.

I don't hate NA, I just grew up with the Filmation Cartoon and then to see NA how they gave Adam pigtails, He-Man Blue pants and a less muscular body and Finally Skeletors goofy face with human eyes and a goofy voice it just wasn't something I could get behind. Not saying those who like NA shouldn't want it if they love it , I'm just saying why I could never get behind it as a whole. Its not hate its just not what I grew up with.
    I grew up with both. The Filmation cartoon was still on TV occasionally here in Northern Ireland but the NA toys were in the shops and not long after the NA cartoon started airing. Only some shops still selling older stock still had MOTU and POP toys. I prefer the swords, sorcery and fantasy of MOTU but I do still really like the NA sci-fi designs.

I would love a Classics 200X style Randor.
    Me too! The 200x version makes him look pretty bad-@rse!
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; June 7, 2019 at 03:57pm.
    Odd Man Out

I'm In!:

Mini-Comic Mini-Sub:
    1. "The Terror of Tri-Klops!" Tri-Klops
    2. "The Clash of Arms" Whiplash
    3. "Siege of Avion" Delora
    4. "Masks of Power" Demon Wolf
    5. "Masks of Power" Demon Reptile
    6. "The Secret Liquid of Life!" Prince Dakon

"New Adventures of He-Man" Mini-Sub I:
    1. Kayo
    2. Artilla
    3. Vizar
    4. Hoove
    5. Butthead
    6. Crystoll

All-New Snake Men Mini-Sub:
    1. Lady Slither
    2. Quick Flick
    3. Strettch Nek
    4. Vypor
    5. GoldenRod
    6. Snake Man-E-Faces

200X Variants Mini-Sub:
    1. He-Man
    2. Skeletor
    3. King Randor
    4. Queen Marlena
    5. The Sorceress
    6. Evil-Lyn

Create-A-Character "Revenge Squad" Mini-Sub:
    1. Major Header
    2. Ra-Jar
    3. Bubblor
    4. Three-Beast
    5. Muck Man
    6. Gangstor

"Foreign Femmes" Mini-Sub:
    1. Queen Zal
    2. Shezar
    3. Princess Kirma
    4. Snake Goddess
    5. Dream Mistress??!
    6. Joya The Bubble Maiden

"Son of He-Man" Mini-Sub I:
    1. Skeleteen
    2. Missile-Toe
    3. Tung Lashor II
    4. Kay-La
    5. EverMean
    6. Slob-Boar

Create-A-Character "Defenders of Trolla" Mini-Sub:
    1. Eye Beam
    2. Brain Wave
    3. Netta
    4. Compactor
    5. Jet Pak
    6. Man Crystal

"New Adventures of He-Man" Mini-Sub II:
    1. Lizorr
    2. Nocturna
    3. Spinwit
    4. Staghorn
    5. Detector
    6. Master Sebrian

"Totally Teela" Mini-Sub:
    1. White-Robed Bird Hoodie Sorceress Teela
    2. Son of He-Man Queen Teela (it must have happened..!)
    3. 200X Teela (with Utility Boot)
    4. Sorceress of Serpos Teela
    5. Royal Guard Teela (also must have happened; includes a couple of rank-expanding extra heads)
    6. Stupid New Adventures Teela

"Son of He-Man" Mini-Sub II:
    1. Odar
    2. Air-Bag
    3. Saw-Tooth
    4. Bug-Eye
    5. Fork-Lift
    6. Man-E-Faces II

"Never Enough Hordesmen!" Mini-Sub:
    1. Professor Tempus
    2. Colonel Blast
    3. Inspector Darkney
    4. Admiral Scurvy and Squall
    5. Zed
    6. Horde Lord

"Grab Bag Singles" Mini-Sub:
    1. Scrollos
    2. Tug O'War
    3. Wild Jungle Man
    4. Songster
    5. Zodaq (Alien Concept Cosmic Enforcer)
    6. Winged Skelcon

"Everything Etheria" Mini-Sub:
    1. Hunga The Harpy
    2. Twiggets Three-Pack
    3. StarBurst She-Ra
    4. Allepsatsac
    5. Graywolf
    6. DwarfStar

I could do this all day... [^) It's probably not very likely, but it is nice to think about..!
    Last edited by Snake_Man; June 19, 2019 at 07:52pm.
    "Listen Closely-- This is the TRUTH, No mere Myth!"

Keep going I love it

New Adventures "Combat Concepts" Mini-Sub:
    1. Skull-Bomb Skeletor
    2. BattleBeard
    3. Slugor
    4. Kickor
    5. Sledor
    6. BattleBraid

"Royal Relatives" Mini-Sub"
    1. King Miro
    2. Queen Amelia
    3. Lady Edwina
    4. Prince Dal
    5. Jeremi
    6. Michael

"Heaps of He-Man!" Mini-Sub:
    1. Jungle Attack He-Man
    2. Wolf Armor He-Man
    3. Battle Sound He-Man (Gold and Silver Variants)
    4. MegaPunch He-Man
    5. Samurai He-Man
    6. Eternity War Armor He-Man

"PREternian Protectors" Mini-Sub:
    1. He-Ra
    2. Gladiator
    3. Red Shadow
    4. Beast Lord
    5. Sharella
    6. Bandwidth

"Significant Others" Mini-Sub:
    1. LadyBird Delora
    2. Mally
    3. King Micah
    4. Felka
    5. Maran
    6. "Bride of Skeletor" Teela

"Book Bearers" Mini-Sub:
    1. Keclar
    2. Remlin
    3. Tauron
    4. Noah
    5. Ariel The Anxious Apprentice
    6. Disks of Doom Skeletor

"Awesome Oversize" MAXI-Sub:
    1. Sagitar
    2. Turbodactyl
    3. Dragoon
    4. Clawdeen
    5. Molcrum
    6. Charger

:^)
    "Listen Closely-- This is the TRUTH, No mere Myth!"

Heroic Warrior
    Why not? I guess each sub would stand on its own merits. If it works it works. I'm just wondering how much $$ gets spent on the front end with the tooling to show us a figure in some kind of preliminary form? Unless we see something like a 3D rendering or something before ordering. Then if it doesn't go through it hasn't cost them too much.

I would LOVE a kickstarter type crowd sourcing where figures get unlocked as they raise more money and the final figure is Songster.

I would be in however I think a NA all kickstarter wouldn't make it. I believe I heard Brian say that there was a cc character that sold pretty low and I am sure it was either Quake or Fangor. Love them both got 2 of each just not enough love. I think the best strategy is for them to try and keep the waves a good mix and try to minimize new tooling.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Lipster View Post
    I would be in however I think a NA all kickstarter wouldn't make it. I believe I heard Brian say that there was a cc character that sold pretty low and I am sure it was either Quake or Fangor. Love them both got 2 of each just not enough love. I think the best strategy is for them to try and keep the waves a good mix and try to minimize new tooling.
    Of all the CC figures Super 7 have made I thought Quake and Fangor looked the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake_Man View Post
    New Adventures "Combat Concepts" Mini-Sub:
    1. Skull-Bomb Skeletor
    2. BattleBeard
    3. Slugor
    4. Kickor
    5. Sledor
    6. BattleBraid

"Royal Relatives" Mini-Sub"
    1. King Miro
    2. Queen Amelia
    3. Lady Edwina
    4. Prince Dal
    5. Jeremi
    6. Michael

"Heaps of He-Man!" Mini-Sub:
    1. Jungle Attack He-Man
    2. Wolf Armor He-Man
    3. Battle Sound He-Man (Gold and Silver Variants)
    4. MegaPunch He-Man
    5. Samurai He-Man
    6. Eternity War Armor He-Man

"PREternian Protectors" Mini-Sub:
    1. He-Ra
    2. Gladiator
    3. Red Shadow
    4. Beast Lord
    5. Sharella
    6. Bandwidth

"Significant Others" Mini-Sub:
    1. LadyBird Delora