Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SDCC 2019 Speculation and reveals?

Heroic Warrior

SDCC 2019 Speculation and reveals?

With SDCC just around the corner, I was hoping that we would have started seeing a few teasers by now.

I suspect this year may be a bit quiet from Super 7 after the success of Snake Mountain, but I am hoping that they will have something else to show.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkerBoh View Post
    With SDCC just around the corner, I was hoping that we would have started seeing a few teasers by now.

I suspect this year may be a bit quiet from Super 7 after the success of Snake Mountain, but I am hoping that they will have something else to show.
    They only revealed Prince Adam on 25 June last year, so still some time left for reveals from them. They may be waiting for their shipment to arrive first since BF commented that they may have something but it depends on if it is here in time.

Would really like James Eatock Filmation Faker for the SDCC reveal. No new tooling, just recolor/ repaint of He-Man and Skeletor armor.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Blue Filmation Faker or Filmation Orko are my guesses.

I guess it's not too late for Super7 to offer an SDCC exclusive. I hadn't really thought about that.
    If they do I'm guessing it will be a repaint of a Filmation item they've already released.

I'm not expecting to see them announce any more new product until after Filmation Wave 4 starts shipping.
    I suppose there's just enough time for that to happen before Comic Con.

Slime Pit. Makes sense with their PowerCon offering

Since Super7 is not having a MOTU event at their store this year, and Brian said that Mattel was going to be the one showing off the property at SDCC, I'm not expecting anything from Super7. Perhaps Mattel, though.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    Twiggets. We need the Twiggets before we wrap things up.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    Since Super7 is not having a MOTU event at their store this year, and Brian said that Mattel was going to be the one showing off the property at SDCC, I'm not expecting anything from Super7. Perhaps Mattel, though.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    I missed that. Had no idea that Mattel would be showing anything other than the current cartoon series figures...if any

If Super7 is able to have a MOTUC SDCC Exclusive figure I hope Its Filmation Blue Faker. Its just an easy figure to do, its Super7's Ultimate Filmation He-man buck cast in blue plastic with a Ultimates Filmation skeletor harness cast in different color plastic and a slight new paint here and there.

It would go with JE revealing The Return of Faker.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Destruction View Post
    Twiggets. We need the Twiggets before we wrap things up.
    This. And Hunga.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Dylamug - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets - King Ahgo - Filmation Grizzlor, Mantenna, Leech, Modulok and Multi-Bot

Heroic Warrior
    I expect nothing from super7 (motu related). Brain said, that we will see the new Ninja Turtles Classics deluxe figures.

I have high hopes for Mattel! But i have no idea, what they will show! They plan something, but i don't think they show something movie related, it's to early...

Heroic Warrior
    Nothing. Except the new She-Ra and the Princesses of Power line by Mattel. That'll be it.

Hope I'm wrong!
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by king.of.grayskull View Post
    I expect nothing from super7 (motu related). Brain said, that we will see the new Ninja Turtles Classics deluxe figures.

I have high hopes for Mattel! But i have no idea, what they will show! They plan something, but i don't think they show something movie related, it's to early...
    I predict we’ll get the release of the Battle Bones at the show — maybe with a joint release elsewhere like GameStop — several more Mega Construx figures displayed, another vehicle or two (Battle Ram and Roton?) and another “best of” pack with Duncan, Evil-Lyn, Sorceress, Scareglow, and Stratos. I think we’ll see at least teases of MCX Panther and Battlecat.

I’m also going to lean towards a Vintage 5.5 line. I’m gonna say GameStop Exclusive. Effectively the Giants downscaled, mix of new and old decos. Even the old ones might get a bit more paint than true vintage.

And I’m gonna predict an attempt to bring MOTUC back to retail in some form, maybe on DCUC bucks which have received tooling updates. Or maybe the MOTUC bucks used for Multiverse DKR with tweaked elements to replace lost molds. Core characters. Alcala oriented takes. Amazon or Walmart Exclusive, holiday release. Trying to ease back into shelf space so the movie line can get a decent push later in 2020. (I can see movie figs hitting several months before the film, holiday 2020.) I’m gonna guess $25-30, BAF or good amount of accessories. Battle Cat would be a great BAF with some tweaking, split across 8 figures in a wave. (Torso and head get split across, say, Teela and Evil-Lyn. Maybe a big chunk with an Orko.)

New Adventures of He-Man 10-Pack.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    sign me up on this!
    almost impossible but you never know...let's just make some noise!
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."
    "LET THE POWER RETURNS....!"

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Triklops 1 View Post
    sign me up on this!
    almost impossible but you never know...let's just make some noise!
    It would be good if they even just announce a kickstarter for this. Despite not liking the cartoon, the figures translate so well into Classics.

Like every year, I would love it if they were finally able to give us Tuvar and Bahdra. Those are two figures that I've always wanted to get made. I think they would make for a great sdcc exclusive. So until that happens I'll just keep wishing!!!

I don't know what will happen to the SDCC, but I'd like Super7 to announce another pair of MotU CC and CG waves before surrendering in to the dark side of Mattel.

I really would like to see in MotUC other characters:
    Hunga
    Filmation Ram-Man
    Sagitar
    Filmation Count Marzo
    Lady Slyther
    Movie Beast-Man
    Movie Evil-lyn
    Last edited by orsogranito; June 4, 2019 at 07:51am.
    Follow me and my creations on Facebook:
    search Orsogranito GraniteBear !

Now we're talking
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

I'd hope we could get at least one more 6 figure wave of Club Grayskull. At the very least I want Leech to finish off the main four Horde males in Filmation style.

But getting Whiplash, Webstor, Kobra Khan, Ram Man and Hunga the Harpy would make me happy and sort of feel the collection has a completeness to it.

Sure there are others like Rattlor, Two-bad, Cringer etc.. but if we only have time for one more 6 figure wave I can live with that.
    Most wanted Filmation style MOTUC figures:

Hunga the Harpy, Webstor, Kobra Khan, Leech, Whiplash, Rattlor, Catra Cat Form, Ram Man, Count Marzo, Two-Bad, King Miro, Twiggets, Frosta, Kothos and Admiral Scurvy.

That would be awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by king.of.grayskull View Post

I am quite excited about Super 7's TMNT figures. It will be interesting to see how they compare to NECA's figures.

Maybe Super7 could make a pre-order for a NA 10-pack figures, like done for Snake Mountain.

Brian said on my podcast that there will be no MOTU themed exclusive from Super7, and they will not be doing Skeletor's Lair because Mattel is doing their own MOTU related exclusive for SDCC.

I'm not thrilled with that.

I think the Mega Construx Battle Bones will likely be a Con exclusive based on what Brandon hinted before he left Mattel.

In addition, if Super7 doesn't reveal any other Club Grayskull or Collectors Choice items leading up to the movie, you should probably direct your concerns to Mattel. They control the licenses, and they likely have their own plans set to begin promoting the movie.
    A Want List: Starburst She-Ra doll, Slamurai, Concept Snake Troopers, Slime Pit He-Man

Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Toy costume Catra, Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, Twiggets, Melaktha, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Scrollos, 200X Sorceress, King Miro. Filmation: Adora, Marzo, Leech, Entrapta, Glimmer, Bow, Catra w/ Cat Form, Mermista, Moss Man, Kobra Khan, Whiplash, Multi-Bot

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Brian said on my podcast that there will be no MOTU themed exclusive from Super7, and they will not be doing Skeletor's Lair because Mattel is doing their own MOTU related exclusive for SDCC.

I'm not thrilled with that.

I think the Mega Construx Battle Bones will likely be a Con exclusive based on what Brandon hinted before he left Mattel.

In addition, if Super7 doesn't reveal any other Club Grayskull or Collectors Choice items leading up to the movie, you should probably direct your concerns to Mattel. They control the licenses, and they likely have their own plans set to begin promoting the movie.
    How do you plan to send to Mattel the message that we still want MotUC figures?