Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 127

Thread: SDCC 2019 Speculation and reveals?

  1. #51
    Heroic Daddy to Hermione! Uki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    The Woodlands,Tx
    Posts
    11,791
    I’d happily take more NA, but I’m okay with what we have. I’d love the line to go long enough to get everything that’s come in lines past as well as brand new characters introduced in MOTUC canon, such as the Crimson Countess.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

    Instagram: Just_Thommy

  2. #52
    Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    2,506
    So I've been out of the game for awhile and I recently got mostly caught up as far as being a collector of all motuc. From what I'm reading is that we are at the end with super7? Anyone able to get me up to speed? I'm not sure theres anything to predict if this is the case. Thanks in advance.

  3. #53
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    92
    After read all the information, podscast, the resume is: Snake mountain is the last item of collector choise. Mattel want the brand back for the movie, what happen with classics? Super 7 is now with tmnt.

  4. #54
    Heroic Warrior wayne-klops's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Fishers, Indiana
    Posts
    4,704
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada-Man View Post
    So I've been out of the game for awhile and I recently got mostly caught up as far as being a collector of all motuc. From what I'm reading is that we are at the end with super7? Anyone able to get me up to speed? I'm not sure theres anything to predict if this is the case. Thanks in advance.
    I think people are wildly speculating at this point and giving out misinformation that it is 100% a sure thing that Super7 is never going to make a 7" MOTU figure again. This has never been stated anywhere by Super7. In fact, in the many interviews that Brian has given recently, he always seems to indicate that things will continue on, but they may slow down for a while because Mattel is about to jump back into the game. That may mean no 7" figures until after the movie, that may mean just more spread out releases but they will still happen concurrently with Mattel, that may mean it will be 5 years down the road. We really don't know at this point, so anyone giving you a definitive answer, unless it is Brian Flynn himself, don't take it as gospel. Hopefully we'll get some clarity at SDCC, but I wouldn't expect to hear anything other than rumors from now until that time.
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

  5. #55
    Heroic Warrior Battle Ham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    164
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    I think people are wildly speculating at this point and giving out misinformation that it is 100% a sure thing that Super7 is never going to make a 7" MOTU figure again. This has never been stated anywhere by Super7. In fact, in the many interviews that Brian has given recently, he always seems to indicate that things will continue on, but they may slow down for a while because Mattel is about to jump back into the game. That may mean no 7" figures until after the movie, that may mean just more spread out releases but they will still happen concurrently with Mattel, that may mean it will be 5 years down the road. We really don't know at this point, so anyone giving you a definitive answer, unless it is Brian Flynn himself, don't take it as gospel. Hopefully we'll get some clarity at SDCC, but I wouldn't expect to hear anything other than rumors from now until that time.
    Rumors have a way of getting out of control in this fandom, so I think everything you said here should be screamed from the rooftops every day here on these forums.

    That being said, I’m looking forward to turning my back on Mattel moving forward. They already decided that MOTU and its fan base weren’t worth their time or effort. But now that they’ve got a movie coming, it’s suddenly like, “Come back! We love MOTU and we love all of you fans! Hashtag ‘Tell Mattel’, guys!”

    Nah. That’s cool. You don’t get to dump someone and then come crawling back like that. The day that Super 7 - our TRUE homies - stops making MOTU product is the day I’m peace out.

  6. #56
    Heroic Warrior AntiEternia He-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    192
    It’s not like Mattel is one person making all the decisions. This venom towards them for “abandoning” classics is ridiculous. Like they owe any of us anything. (Super7 as well for that matter.)

    Companies shift focus. They’ve “abandoned” MOTU several times since the 80s. And come back to it as the market allows. It’s what companies do.

    I wish Mattel would let Super7 make more unproduced figures from the original 5.5” line but they won’t for whatever reason. I don’t hate Mattel for it. If Mattel makes them I’m not gonna pass them up because I’m mad at them for something else. Childish in my opinion.

  7. #57
    Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    426
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Ham View Post
    Rumors have a way of getting out of control in this fandom, so I think everything you said here should be screamed from the rooftops every day here on these forums.

    That being said, I’m looking forward to turning my back on Mattel moving forward. They already decided that MOTU and its fan base weren’t worth their time or effort. But now that they’ve got a movie coming, it’s suddenly like, “Come back! We love MOTU and we love all of you fans! Hashtag ‘Tell Mattel’, guys!”

    Nah. That’s cool. You don’t get to dump someone and then come crawling back like that. The day that Super 7 - our TRUE homies - stops making MOTU product is the day I’m peace out.
    Yes, they decided we weren't worth their time or effort. However, they have not come back asking for our support. I think their vision is very clear: they want another markets, children that can ask their parents to buy them MOTU toys (movie based) in a toy store, I don't think this small niche-fandom made of grown up men (some of them even with grandchildren) is in Mattel's MOTU busines case. We are definitely something for S7, but not for Mattel as a company, we have never been, and that's why I will alwys consider what Scott did as MOTU Brand Manager as the biggest service this fandom had from anyone (I could dislike some of his decisions, approaches or bios, but the overall legacy is very positive).
    Wish list of MOTUC figures: Sagitar, Red Beast, Red Shadow, Red Knight, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar

  8. #58
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    5,696
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    I think people are wildly speculating at this point and giving out misinformation that it is 100% a sure thing that Super7 is never going to make a 7" MOTU figure again. This has never been stated anywhere by Super7. In fact, in the many interviews that Brian has given recently, he always seems to indicate that things will continue on, but they may slow down for a while because Mattel is about to jump back into the game. That may mean no 7" figures until after the movie, that may mean just more spread out releases but they will still happen concurrently with Mattel, that may mean it will be 5 years down the road. We really don't know at this point, so anyone giving you a definitive answer, unless it is Brian Flynn himself, don't take it as gospel. Hopefully we'll get some clarity at SDCC, but I wouldn't expect to hear anything other than rumors from now until that time.
    I haven't heard any rumors of Super7 stopping... where are people getting this from?
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

  9. #59
    Heroic Warrior mjw41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    6,524
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I haven't heard any rumors of Super7 stopping... where are people getting this from?
    Originally Posted by bcrduke
    Brian said on my podcast that there will be no MOTU themed exclusive from Super7, and they will not be doing Skeletor's Lair because Mattel is doing their own MOTU related exclusive for SDCC.

    I'm not thrilled with that.

    I think the Mega Construx Battle Bones will likely be a Con exclusive based on what Brandon hinted before he left Mattel.

    In addition, if Super7 doesn't reveal any other Club Grayskull or Collectors Choice items leading up to the movie, you should probably direct your concerns to Mattel. They control the licenses, and they likely have their own plans set to begin promoting the movie.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

    Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.


    Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

    Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

  10. #60
    Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,576
    I really hope that will be " just a break"
    And I cross my fingers Mattel will let Super7 making Classics again after the movie...
    I do think that is a really bad move to cancel all their licenses to promote the movie, Hasbro killed Gi Joe license doing this.
    I am very grateful to Super7 to have made so many figures and snake mountain when Mattel forgave Classics.
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

    >>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

    $$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

  11. #61
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    401
    I don't understand why Mattel would stop Super 7 making Classics etc while they make movie toys.
    Surely more MOTU product available to fans would help promote the movie.
    But it's not like it would be Mattel's first bad business decision...

  12. #62
    Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,576
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    I don't understand why Mattel would stop Super 7 making Classics etc while they make movie toys.
    Surely more MOTU product available to fans would help promote the movie.
    But it's not like it would be Mattel's first bad business decision...
    I agree man I cannot understand this kind of decision.
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

    >>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

    $$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

  13. #63
    Heroic Warrior He-Kal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,159
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    That's painful if true. Instead we got a wave of two variants and two repaints...

    That's not the way forward.
    Yeah--if this is legit then it is not good...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    I don't understand why Mattel would stop Super 7 making Classics etc while they make movie toys.
    Surely more MOTU product available to fans would help promote the movie.
    But it's not like it would be Mattel's first bad business decision...
    Definitely some irony in the thought that a Motu movie is what finally kills Motu classics...

  14. #64
    Heroic Warrior Krueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    3,817
    It’s not just the movie, though. Mattel are clearly seeing this as a reboot of the entire MOTU brand, so it’s a very big deal. It was always going to happen like this, IMO. I'm sure Super7, and others, will make MOTU products once again.

  15. #65
    Heroic Warrior mjw41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    6,524
    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    It’s not just the movie, though. Mattel are clearly seeing this as a reboot of the entire MOTU brand, so it’s a very big deal. It was always going to happen like this, IMO. I'm sure Super7, and others, will make MOTU products once again.

    I agree. Even Brian Flynn stated With the Movie coming out Mattel may not want any toy related product out for about a year which is understandable. Brian Flynn also said they are not going away anytime soon so that could mean mattel just wants Super7 to hold off on MOTUC's product until the movie line hits and is in place. I'm sure Super7 will continue with MOTUC's its just on hold for a while.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

    Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.


    Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

    Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

  16. #66
    Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,576
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    I agree. Even Brian Flynn stated With the Movie coming out Mattel may not want any toy related product out for about a year which is understandable. Brian Flynn also said they are not going away anytime soon so that could mean mattel just wants Super7 to hold off on MOTUC's product until the movie line hits and is in place. I'm sure Super7 will continue with MOTUC's its just on hold for a while.
    I hope so badly bro
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

    >>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

    $$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

  17. #67
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    401
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    I agree. Even Brian Flynn stated With the Movie coming out Mattel may not want any toy related product out for about a year which is understandable. Brian Flynn also said they are not going away anytime soon so that could mean mattel just wants Super7 to hold off on MOTUC's product until the movie line hits and is in place. I'm sure Super7 will continue with MOTUC's its just on hold for a while.
    It's still a very odd move. Why stop producing products for the fan base when it doesn't affect the movie toys. When Hasbro are putting out the Transformers live action movies they don't stop producing toys aimed at adult collectors. If anything it just makes us buy more LOL.

  18. #68
    Heroic Warrior He-Kal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,159
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    It's still a very odd move. Why stop producing products for the fan base when it doesn't affect the movie toys. When Hasbro are putting out the Transformers live action movies they don't stop producing toys aimed at adult collectors. If anything it just makes us buy more LOL.
    I think Hasbro would put their normal figures on hold when movies came on hold too? My guess is that they would do this to not stretch their resources working on too many lines at once. That being said, Super 7 is a separate company and would still have the same resources to devote to make Motuc figures even when a movie came out. So, I agree with you that it's still odd that Mattel would want to discontinue Motuc figures with Super 7 even temporarily. Part of me wants to be negative and say they are doing this since they (Mattel) really has not respected the brand for the last couple of decades and wants a completely fresh start with everything and that's why we are seeing this possible move..
    Last edited by He-Kal; June 9, 2019 at 01:56pm.

  19. #69
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    401
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    I think Hasbro would put their normal figures on hold when movies came on hold too? My guess is that they would do this to not stretch their resources working on too many lines at once. That being said, Super 7 is a separate company and would still have the same resources to devote to make Motuc figures even when a movie came out. So, I agree with you that it's still odd that Mattel would want to discontinue Motuc figures with Super 7 even temporarily. Part of me wants to be negative and say they are doing this since they (Mattel) really has not respected the brand for the last couple of decades and wants a completely fresh start with everything and that's why we are seeing this possible move..
    Not really. Ibelieve during the first couple movies they took several months to focus on movie toys. But with last two or three movies they haven't really let the movies affect the release of the collector based toys. Bumblebee was still in the theatres along with all the toys when the new Siege line was released.

    Same with those Marvel movies. There is loads of toys and merchandise for them and they still release the collector Marvel Legends figures.

    Maybe Mattel are planning something similar having Classics at retail to be with the movie toys.

  20. #70
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Athens AL
    Posts
    1,225
    The problem is the movie is not to be released until 2021.I did hear of post photography or scout locations being discussed and the casting of He-man but nothing past that. It will be interesting to see what will be in store for us at SDCC. To be honest I am really glad not to sit in front of my computer or phone hoping to snag the gotta have exclusive for MOTUC.



    Quote Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post
    I really hope that will be " just a break"
    And I cross my fingers Mattel will let Super7 making Classics again after the movie...
    I do think that is a really bad move to cancel all their licenses to promote the movie, Hasbro killed Gi Joe license doing this.
    I am very grateful to Super7 to have made so many figures and snake mountain when Mattel forgave Classics.
    Last edited by cryanmchsi; June 9, 2019 at 06:49pm.

  21. #71
    Heroic Warrior mjw41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    6,524
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    It's still a very odd move. Why stop producing products for the fan base when it doesn't affect the movie toys. When Hasbro are putting out the Transformers live action movies they don't stop producing toys aimed at adult collectors. If anything it just makes us buy more LOL.
    Mattel Owns the MOTU lic and its up to them if they want to be the only one putting out any MOTU merchandise with a MOTU movie coming.

    This in no way means super7 will stop making product, They can give us a second wave of 87 movie figures, If they get the Thundercats Lic they can produce lots of product with that not to mention they are offing other lines based of the MOTUC buck structure.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

    Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.


    Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

    Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

  22. #72
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    5,696
    Wow... so that movie we've all had our fingers crossed for could be the straw that breaks the proverbial MOTUC camel's back.

    I completely understand where Mattel is coming from, but wouldn't the continuation of MOTUC mean that it stays relevant in the collector's eyes?

    And, all QC issues aside, I would have liked to see Super7 continue to produce these figures... they almost made it to Mattel-standards. This is definitely not the way I envisioned the end of MOTUC...

    Hopefully, this is all just an overreaction and we'll see more figures coming from Super7 sooner, rather than later.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

  23. #73
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    295
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    I don't understand why Mattel would stop Super 7 making Classics etc while they make movie toys.
    Surely more MOTU product available to fans would help promote the movie.
    But it's not like it would be Mattel's first bad business decision...
    Unless Mattel is going to be making Classics or other vintage design inspired figures of varying types during that time.

    Mattel LOVES using old molds. Look at their DC Multiverse line, still using S3 Selects design elements.

    Beyond THAT, the trend is to do a mix of movie and other media stuff in movie lines. Jurassic World had classic JP characters. Marvel Legends movie waves have comics figures.

    I think we'll see 80s design characters as part of the movie line assortments and the movie design characters themselves might use MOTUC or DCUC bucks.

  24. #74
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    401
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrala View Post
    Unless Mattel is going to be making Classics or other vintage design inspired figures of varying types during that time.

    Mattel LOVES using old molds. Look at their DC Multiverse line, still using S3 Selects design elements.

    Beyond THAT, the trend is to do a mix of movie and other media stuff in movie lines. Jurassic World had classic JP characters. Marvel Legends movie waves have comics figures.

    I think we'll see 80s design characters as part of the movie line assortments and the movie design characters themselves might use MOTUC or DCUC bucks.
    All those DCUC and Multiverse figures do re-use a lot of parts. It's a shame they lost the licence as they have finally upgraded the buck with new parts and more articulation.

  25. #75
    Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    6,405
    I have a feeling Mattel will continue the vintage line aimed at retail, this line will probably have characters like Horde Mummy etc in and at a $10 price point. The Super 7 "As seen on TV" line will continue as a separate one.

    Also think they will have a 6" movie line too, probably even re-release some figures from MOTUC in new packaging, repainted and maybe with comics or something extra.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •