Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: SDCC 2019 Speculation and reveals?

I certainly was not expecting this from Mattel!
    I feel excited about Masters all over again.

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrala View Post
    Super 7 was told not to do anything Vintage-style 5.5 and to stick to Filmation 5.5 as a novelty thing.

Part of why I wish S7 had leaned harder into the animated aesthetic of the 5.5s instead of making them so much like the vintage toys.
    I bet that Mattel decided to do this line after giving Super 7 the green light to do the neo vintage figures. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Super 7 inspired this line. Super 7's plans for the vintage line may have had to change because Mattel decided they wanted in on this. After all, they did He-ro, Eldor and there was some early talk about them finding some lost vintage buck that had never been used in the line. And Brian Flynn has said on numerous occasions that no one was interested in a 5.5 line until Super 7 proposed neo vintage and then everyone was interested in the line.

Quote Originally Posted by ChipNSC7 View Post
    Those of you that have been following this for s while, do you expect this is the beginning of a new line?
    I absolutely think it's the start of a new line, but I have no idea what they will call it. MOTU Classics is already taken.
    Odd Man Out

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
    I don't know what to think of this...it's like a mix of MOTUC and vintage...I think this is the death knell of MOTUC. :/
    I really hope that is not the case...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by motogp_fanatic View Post
    Same here... it is nice but... i don't know.....

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    Me too.
    Nice but if tha means the end of Classics I will have a bitter taste in my mouth...
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post
    I really hope that is not the case...

- - - Updated - - -

Me too.
    Nice but if tha means the end of Classics I will have a bitter taste in my mouth...
    Yeah, but hopefully I'm wrong and getting way ahead of myself.
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

Heroic Warrior
    Mattel screws everything up. They didn’t want to be bothered with MOTU and Super7 steps up to keep things going then Mattel forces their way back in and usurps everything

I hope super7 can finish the remaining Club Grayskull figures like Leech, Ram Man etc

Would be nice if either party would clarify what’s going on and where everything stands. This kind of limbo and lack of clarity is frustrating

You just know the new Motu is going to suck and will have none of the feel of what most fans feel is MOTU from Looks to lore etc. so Mattel wanting to step in now because of the movie is sad
    Last edited by degra; June 12, 2019 at 03:24am.

please release accurate Filmation of-- , ram man, Leech, whiplash, entrapta , adora, moss man, buzz off, bow, frosta, catra, , webstor, count marzo, icer , mekaneck,Mermista, glimmer, Angela and perfuma.

I relly like the packaging, a little less the figures in it. The bust seems out of proportion to the legs in my opinion.

Anyway the set will be pre-ordinable on shop.mattel that unfortunately NOT ship in Europe... so bye-bye...
    Follow me and my creations on Facebook:
    search Orsogranito GraniteBear !

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I think after 11 years, it's fair to say Classics is not going to be Mattel's priority. Mattel will need MOTU to be a success with children as well as existing fans if a movie is on the way, especially after the poor performance at retail for 200X, I think these new vintage style figures could be a success if marketed correctly and easily available. If the price-point is $10-12.99 I think kids can get on board. I think children should be the priority for Mattel. If the figures are eye catching and colourful, if they have the action features, I don't see why this line couldn't be a hit.

Super 7 is still doing Classics as far as I know as well as the Club Grayskull line and Neo Classics. I think that's enough adult collector stuff for now - considering the price these cost.

I can see myself collecting this new line, probably not all the figures but they do look very cool. I love the soft goods vest Adam has, that is so vintage, I don't mind the face sculpt and the extra articulation is nicely done that I see.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Quote Originally Posted by degra View Post
    Mattel screws everything up. They didn’t want to be bothered with MOTU and Super7 steps up to keep things going then Mattel forces their way back in and usurps everything

I hope super7 can finish the remaining Club Grayskull figures like Leech, Ram Man etc

Would be nice if either party would clarify what’s going on and where everything stands. This kind of limbo and lack of clarity is frustrating

You just know the new Motu is going to suck and will have none of the feel of what most fans feel is MOTU from Looks to lore etc. so Mattel wanting to step in now because of the movie is sad
    Hope so too

Classics was expensive to make whenever new tooling was required and even then, new parts were designed to share with future figures. Now we get SDCC Exclusive figures with a limited run? I dont believe this. Far too much new tooling for such a small run. This will be the start of a new line of figures. The boxes or colours will be exclusive but I bet the figures will be re-released later in the year.

But why gamble on a new line? With vintage, 200x (both still easily available on the secondary market), Classics, Club Grayskull, 5.5 inch Filmation, Reaction style, M.O.T.U.S.C.L.E, Mega blocks and a couple others I can't recall atm, MOTU collectors are flooded with choice for such a niche market. I think this new line is too much.

I think these figures as regular vintage style (sans articulation) would be more appealing than starting a whole new line again.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrillhouse View Post
    Classics was expensive to make whenever new tooling was required and even then, new parts were designed to share with future figures. Now we get SDCC Exclusive figures with a limited run? I dont believe this. Far too much new tooling for such a small run. This will be the start of a new line of figures. The boxes or colours will be exclusive but I bet the figures will be re-released later in the year.

But why gamble on a new line? With vintage, 200x (both still easily available on the secondary market), Classics, Club Grayskull, 5.5 inch Filmation, Reaction style, M.O.T.U.S.C.L.E, Mega blocks and a couple others I can't recall atm, MOTU collectors are flooded with choice for such a niche market. I think this new line is too much.

I think these figures as regular vintage style (sans articulation) would be more appealing than starting a whole new line again.
    Kids aren't aware of those tbh, maybe Mega Contrux, Mattel needs to re-introduce MOTU into the wider public, before a movie comes out in 2021. I wouldn't be surprised if they also have an animated show planned, maybe on Netflix? All the stuff you mentioned is aimed at collectors who grew up with MOTU.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Heroic Warrior
    If Mattel makes supplemental figures in the same scale and general style as the vintage line (the way Super7 did with He-Ro and Eldor), I'd be interested. But otherwise, I'm done if MOTUC (and Club Grayskull) end.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

I share your thought sir.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

I hope so too. I at least want them to complete the roster featured in Emiliano Santalux posters.

I'm actually very happy Mattel is back to making MOTU. I do hope Super7 can continue making their stuff for people who are already committed to their lines. I never really got too invested in Super7 mainly because I felt their price points were too high. If Super7 was to make this 2 pack I could easily see them wanting $70 or $80 (plus $20 shipping) for it.

We may get a better idea as to what lines/rights Super7 still has at SDCC next month. If we don't see any new character reveals for any of their lines it might be a sign of things to come. Then again, Brian did say they are pretty much putting all their focus into Snake Mountain right now so who knows.
    Hit me up on instagram @MOTUdoobs

I'm not interested in this new Mattel line at all, it's not attractive to me. I want more Classics.

Heroic Warrior
    From what I understand, this is a whole new line aimed at retail, and Classics will still continue as a separate brand.

Heroic Master of Typos davidlogan's Avatar
    I bet this SDCC exclusive will be murder to get, but we shall see.
    "..."

Court Magician
    Based on what we are hearing from Mattel and the horsemen, this is a new line, sculpted by the horsemen, and called He-Man Origins. I think it is very likely we will see the first wave or two at SDCC.

Do you know what would be very awesome? If they release a Battle cat with the first wave! That would blow me away to see a Battle cat at SDCC.

I also hope that the retail figures keep the concept of including multiple heads with one being a copy of the vintage figure and the second being unique.

Quote Originally Posted by zeiss View Post
    Based on what we are hearing from Mattel and the horsemen, this is a new line, sculpted by the horsemen, and called He-Man Origins. I think it is very likely we will see the first wave or two at SDCC.

Do you know what would be very awesome? If they release a Battle cat with the first wave! That would blow me away to see a Battle cat at SDCC.

I also hope that the retail figures keep the concept of including multiple heads with one being a copy of the vintage figure and the second being unique.
    "Origins", hey?

Based on the name, figure choices and artwork on the boxes, it sounds like this line will be based on the early mini comics and similar, ie; Miniternia. Although that would be an odd move for a retail market as its such a specific area of MOTU lore. This would be better aimed at collectors.

If they really want to hit retail, why not repackage and rebrand Classics? The moulds already exist, and that was Scotts plan originally; pack all MOTUCs with 2 weapons so if it goes retail, they can remove 1 so the collectors got something extra.
    Last edited by Thrillhouse; June 13, 2019 at 12:03am.

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    If Mattel makes supplemental figures in the same scale and general style as the vintage line (the way Super7 did with He-Ro and Eldor), I'd be interested. But otherwise, I'm done if MOTUC (and Club Grayskull) end.
    Same for me

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrillhouse View Post
    "Origins", hey?

Based on the name, figure choices and artwork on the boxes, it sounds like this line will be based on the early mini comics and similar, ie; Miniternia. Although that would be an odd move for a retail market as its such a specific area of MOTU lore. This would be better aimed at collectors.

If they really want to hit retail, why not repackage and rebrand Classics? The moulds already exist, and that was Scotts plan originally; pack all MOTUCs with 2 weapons so if it goes retail, they can remove 1 so the collectors got something extra.
    That would make a whole lotta sense IF some of the moulds weren't lost or destroyed.
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

Quote Originally Posted by snake_mole_hill View Post
    From what I understand, this is a whole new line aimed at retail, and Classics will still continue as a separate brand.
    I am praying that you have understood well !

In my opinion, based on the voices I read on the web, we only have to hope Super7 will be able to make the last 1/2 waves of MotUC after Snake Mountain works and so... RIP MotUC.
    Follow me and my creations on Facebook:
    search Orsogranito GraniteBear !

Court Magician
    Did you spot the little hole in the right boot to holster the dagger? Very nice little detail with respect to the Mini Comic He-Man.