Thread: SDCC 2019 Speculation and reveals?

Heroic Warrior

SDCC 2019 Speculation and reveals?

Posted a similar thread in the Classics thread and thought the Super7 thread could use a one of its own - Admins, please delete if its considered a duplicate post.

Really hope we get a few new reveals before the Movie puts a stop to anything new being released.

ReAction Master
    I heard a rumor that they’re not allowed to show anything MOTU at SDCC, but! in the event that we do see something, my number-one wish that will continue to be my number-one wish till it happens is a Kenner Tauntaun-style ReAction Battle Cat.

Further, I hope that ReAction Stinkor we saw as Coming Soon! with the Variable Variants was a tease for Wave 6 and we get him plus my boy Roboto!

I love the 5.5s, but until they’re able to move beyond Filmation, my only real want is Bow.
    Last edited by Shaun Flaherty; June 4, 2019 at 06:55pm.

I'm hoping for a Classics Slime Pit. But I doubt another playset so soon after the colossal Snake Mountain, even though Slime Pit is much smaller. I'd love a Classics Catra like the vintage figure.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Heroic Warrior
    It'll be Reaction repaints for sure. I'd put money on it.
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

I saw something that indicated that Mattel might show off their SDCC Exclusives today. Perhaps we'll see something MOTU and/or POP related from them.
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    I saw something that indicated that Mattel might show off their SDCC Exclusives today. Perhaps we'll see something MOTU and/or POP related from them.

Not vague at all

Any links or hints you can share?

I was intentionally vague. I saw a picture on the Instagram page wewantmorethundercats that was Mattel's logo, and said "SDCC June 5th."

When someone commented that was not the right date for SDCC, I replied saying that might be when Mattel is revealing their exclusives, and the page owner liked my comment.

So, hardly anything official. Plus, June 5th has come and gone, and I think only that Slim Jim Wrestler exclusive has been revealed so far. Maybe we'll hear something today. But, that page is the only place I've seen any hint of Mattel exclusive reveals, so take it with a block of salt .

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

I was intentionally vague. I saw a picture on the Instagram page wewantmorethundercats that was Mattel's logo, and said "SDCC June 5th."

When someone commented that was not the right date for SDCC, I replied saying that might be when Mattel is revealing their exclusives, and the page owner liked my comment.

So, hardly anything official. Plus, June 5th has come and gone, and I think only that Slim Jim Wrestler exclusive has been revealed so far. Maybe we'll hear something today. But, that page is the only place I've seen any hint of Mattel exclusive reveals, so take it with a block of salt .

No need to be vague or to take it with a block of salt

The post I shared was the official confirmation by Mattel of their first reveal date, which was June 5th. They revealed that WWE figure. Still more to be revealed.

- - - Updated - - -

The post I shared was the official confirmation by Mattel of their first reveal date, which was June 5th. They revealed that WWE figure. Still more to be revealed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastiaan View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Ahh, sorry, didn't realize you were the one that ran that page . Didn't mean any offense, only that I hadn't seen that info posted anywhere else, which makes it harder to confirm. Plus, Mattel DID have a reveal on June 5th, but I think that's the only one so far.

Ahh, sorry, didn't realize you were the one that ran that page . Didn't mean any offense, only that I hadn't seen that info posted anywhere else, which makes it harder to confirm. Plus, Mattel DID have a reveal on June 5th, but I think that's the only one so far.

No worries bud, I know it wasn’t meant that way. I saw it on another page and reposted it. I am almost sure it was on one of the toy blogs I follow on there. Disappointed they only had that single reveal. But I believe more is coming.

We're at a pretty weird time.

S7 will be slowing down a bit, while Mattel is stepping back up. We assume Mattel is going to do something big and possibly retail related, because a new movie is on the way. But at the same time, Mattel may want to hold off on any announcements till next year. If that's the case, it sucks.

That said, I cannot imagine SDCC and Power-Con both coming and going with NO news from Mattel or S7.
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; June 7, 2019 at 11:56pm.
    Odd Man Out

Surely they key super 7 continue club with the success of that line.

ReAction Master
    I’m feeling a little better about seeing something MOTU from Super7 at SDCC, but looking back at last year, as far as ReAction goes, all we saw was Wave 4 — which had just come out at the time — and the She-Ra/Hordak 2-pack exclusive. We just got Wave 5, we know there’s not going to be an exclusive, but I still feel like something is going to drop. I can imagine two things:

1) ReAction Stinkor
    We know he was listed as coming soon when the Variable Variants came out. (I think those were supposed to be this year’s Power-Con exclusives, btw.) It’d be neat if there were holes in the bubble so you could smell him through the package.

2) ReAction Battle Cat
    This is from a recent Q&A:
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    4. Shaun Flaherty: Do you have plans for making Kenner'esque Tauntaun-style ReAction Battle Cat, or other beasts and vehicles?

We may or may not have thought about this. We've maybe even talked about it amongst ourselves. Who knows, we may even have something up our sleeves, only time will tell.
    This is the hill I’ll die on.

If they make more 5.5 vintage Filmation figures from the POP brand, I'll be happy. Mantenna, Leech, Scorpia and Catra would rock hard

Widget
    Wundar and ZodaK reaction

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    If they make more 5.5 vintage Filmation figures from the POP brand, I'll be happy. Mantenna, Leech, Scorpia and Catra would rock hard
    Yes make 100s more 5.5 vintage line figures! And soon vehicles.