Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Answers to Fan Q&A 3.19

Answers to Fan Q&A 3.19

Super7 has once again provided answers to your questions.
    Thanks again to them for taking the time to answer these!
    Check out their answers to your Round 19 questions!

This round of questions were selected by MaxGoof.
    Thanks to that fan for their help!

1. mjw41: Could we get more pack-in accessories with future MOTUC Club Grayskull figures (for example: the Grimalkin Statue)?

Each MOTUC Deluxe figure in both the Club Grayskull and Collector's Choice lines comes with a bunch of accessories, from extra heads and hands to a variety of weapons. The specifics really just comes down to the character, and how many pieces we can cram into the box.

2. Enoch: Could we get the William Stout collection represented in the 5.5" retro MOTU style?

Currently our 5.5" line is limited to characters as seen in the original animated series, but we would love to expand the line to include the William Stout designs!

3 MaxGoof: Before MattyCollector closed and Super7 took over MOTUC, it was heavily implied that a Filmation Cringer was in development. Is there any hope for a MOTUC Club Grayskull Cringer?

We do not currently have a Club Grayskul Cringer scheduled, but its a great idea! Keep your fingers crossed, we would love to do it.

4. horokoth: Brian Flynn said on Roast Gooble Dinner that MOTUC Club Grayskull figures are selling four times better than MOTUC Collector's Choice. Considering that, will you release large-sized Filmation beast items due to the increased sales potential (for example: Molkrom, Sand Demon, Dragoon)?

No specific plans at the moment for larger beasts, but it would be great to expand the line to include some of these characters.

5. bOba_fEtt_Ox: When can fans expect to hear news about the next wave of MOTUC Club Grayskull figures?

Right now we are very focused on the Collector's Choice Snake Mountain - it's the biggest, craziest project we've ever undertaken!

--------------------

Click here to ask questions in Round 20!
    Click here for a master list of all previous Q&A sessions with Super7.
    Click here for a master list of all previous Q&A sessions with Mattycollector.
    And, have fun discussing Super7's answers to your questions!
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2019!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

I'm guessing with these answers that we probably are not getting any more Club Grayskull or Classics figure pre-orders for the rest of 2019. That probably isn't a terrible thing since the first half of 2019 has been jam packed with pre-orders, and the fan base needs time to pay off Snake Mountain.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    I'm guessing with these answers that we probably are not getting any more Club Grayskull or Classics figure pre-orders for the rest of 2019. That probably isn't a terrible thing since the first half of 2019 has been jam packed with pre-orders, and the fan base needs time to pay off Snake Mountain.

What part of their answers makes you say that?
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by Super He-Man View Post
    Answer to the last question. It's a bit of a deflection. Certainly they already have their year planned out and would know when they'd be announcing the next figure pre-order. Perhaps their plans were derailed by Mattel and they don't want to say that yet, or perhaps they don't want to disappoint fans while the Snake Mountain pre-order is still going on.

Just the fact that many fans have to budget paying off Snake Mountain for the rest of this year, plus rumors that Mattel is putting the MOTU license on hold for other companies, plus the non-answer to question 5, leads me to believe they may not have anything planned for the rest of the year.

CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

I thought I read somewhere Brian saying Super7 had a plan for releases most months, between ReAction, 5.5" and Classics/Club Grayskull.
    Notwithstanding the uncertainty as to what Mattel may allow Super7 to release in the lead up to a movie, I didn't get the impression there would be less Club Grayskull.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    I thought I read somewhere Brian saying Super7 had a plan for releases most months, between ReAction, 5.5" and Classics/Club Grayskull.
    Notwithstanding the uncertainty as to what Mattel may allow Super7 to release in the lead up to a movie, I didn't get the impression there would be less Club Grayskull.
    We shall see. I directly asked the question for the next Q&A round; if it's chosen, hopefully we'll get a direct "yes" or "no" answer. I am just going on what seems logical given what we know right now. Asking $700+ from collectors is a pretty big deal, so it would seem natural to cut back on the releases for the second half of the year. They have a lot of other properties they are dealing with now like TMNT and Toxic Crusaders. I would expect probalby some more Reaction figures and maybe 5.5 vintage style figures, but I'm not holding my breath on any more 7" figures this year that were not already announced.

Heroic Warrior
    We shall see. I directly asked the question for the next Q&A round; if it's chosen, hopefully we'll get a direct "yes" or "no" answer. I am just going on what seems logical given what we know right now. Asking $700+ from collectors is a pretty big deal, so it would seem natural to cut back on the releases for the second half of the year. They have a lot of other properties they are dealing with now like TMNT and Toxic Crusaders. I would expect probalby some more Reaction figures and maybe 5.5 vintage style figures, but I'm not holding my breath on any more 7" figures this year that were not already announced.
    I read it as “We don’t have a confirmed date and don’t feel compelled to estimate one just because someone asked in a Q&A”.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

Court Magician
    I wouldn't mind if Super7 slowed down a bit. I think they might be trying to get out as many releases as they can before the license gets more complicated with the upcoming movie, but between ReAction figures, Classics, 5.5" the release schedule is jam-packed. Not to mention all the other Super7 licenses like Aliens, Robocop, Teen Wolf... It's going to be very difficult to purchase even half of all this stuff.

Everything is going up in prices(materials,plastic,paint ect..) and all these trade tariffs and trade wars going on are making a lot of businesses nervous i would say. I mean it has to be scary for big companies like Mattel and Hasbro but absolutely terrifying for smaller businesses like Super7. I don't really blame Super7 if they don't want to talk too much about future product because if America doesn't get this trade thing sorted out pretty quick there may not be a future anything.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltor View Post
    Everything is going up in prices(materials,plastic,paint ect..) and all these trade tariffs and trade wars going on are making a lot of businesses nervous i would say. I mean it has to be scary for big companies like Mattel and Hasbro but absolutely terrifying for smaller businesses like Super7. I don't really blame Super7 if they don't want to talk too much about future product because if America doesn't get this trade thing sorted out pretty quick there may not be a future anything.
    That's a very good point. So, in terms of the 7-inch figures, we have one wave of CG, one wave of CC, and the Power-Con figures confirmed for this year, correct?

Heroic Warrior
    Classics cringe is filmation cringer. What could possibly be done differently? I'd take a battle cat though.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    For me all answers !

Hope that will be just a break for the movie.

Super7 did a great job with all they offered us after the end of Mattycollector

- - - Updated - - -

We shall see. I directly asked the question for the next Q&A round; if it's chosen, hopefully we'll get a direct "yes" or "no" answer.
    Good you asked it
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

Quote Originally Posted by He-Metayer View Post
    That's a very good point. So, in terms of the 7-inch figures, we have one wave of CG, one wave of CC, and the Power-Con figures confirmed for this year, correct?
    I believe so.

Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    Classics cringe is filmation cringer. What could possibly be done differently? I'd take a battle cat though.

Personally, I think it's the fact that the MOTUC Cringer is just too small with minimal articulation. For being one of the main characters on the Filmation show (he probably is in the top 5 or 7 for dialogue) he needs a quality figure with multiple portraits.
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

Some speculate that Snake Mountain is the last piece of the MOTUC/CG series at Super 7, meaning they may be done producing the 7" Classics figures and CG figure scale. The company may still produce assorted MOTU items, just not 7" figures or items.

For the record, I personally am not saying Super7 is done making 7" MOTU figures entirely. I just think we may not get any more for 2019 based on many factors. I hope I'm wrong, and I hope it at least picks back up in 2020. These lines definitely need to continue, and Mattel needs to be smarter and understand they can release stuff in tandem with Super7 and other companies.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    Personally, I think it's the fact that the MOTUC Cringer is just too small with minimal articulation. For being one of the main characters on the Filmation show (he probably is in the top 5 or 7 for dialogue) he needs a quality figure with multiple portraits.
    I can get down with that, then. The statue does stink, even if my figures are standing still on a shelf anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    I consider Classics Cringer as a young Cringer... Hope CG release a proper Cringer but if it does not happen Classics Cringer is a nice representation and substitute. Same with Classics Orko... preferably SDCC Orko so we may not debate on the color.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    For the record, I personally am not saying Super7 is done making 7" MOTU figures entirely. I just think we may not get any more for 2019 based on many factors. I hope I'm wrong, and I hope it at least picks back up in 2020. These lines definitely need to continue, and Mattel needs to be smarter and understand they can release stuff in tandem with Super7 and other companies.

Very well said.
    Amen to that bro !
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

Definitely. I can only speak for myself, but this far in with hundreds upon hundreds of items having been released, it does not matter to me what Mattel releases outside of Classics (or Club Grayskull for those interested in that offering), I'm not going to start all over with another line.

Of course I get that the movie is all about bringing new fans onboard, while hopefully appealing to original fans like ourselves. I'm all for it if it can expand the brand, I just don't want Classics/Grayskull to be an afterthought.
    Last edited by Shecky; June 4, 2019 at 02:57pm.

Am I the only one here who would actually be good with (non Filmation) Classics ending this year? Not trying to troll. Sincerely asking because I’m curious to see where everyone stands on the matter.

I’m not bored with the line or mad at Super 7, but I am getting tight on space. And with Snake Mountain now OFFICIALLY looming, I just feel like it’s a good, respectable spot in time to say, “Okay. I’m done.”

Heroic Warrior
    In my opinion, there are 2 essential characters that should be released before Classics is done:

King Miro: Completes the previously known royal family (before Keldor's mother was revealed)

Master Sebrian: Major character from the Jetlag version of NA

Believe me I would love more (for example Starburst She-ra would be a close runner-up to these two for me), but those two characters missing from the line would be a shame IMHO.

Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Ham View Post
    Am I the only one here who would actually be good with (non Filmation) Classics ending this year? Not trying to troll. Sincerely asking because I’m curious to see where everyone stands on the matter.

I’m not bored with the line or mad at Super 7, but I am getting tight on space. And with Snake Mountain now OFFICIALLY looming, I just feel like it’s a good, respectable spot in time to say, “Okay. I’m done.”
    Personally, I'm still missing some characters in Classics (non Filmation) that have not been done yet in the line. And I don't mean variants, I'm talking about characters that have not been released in any way.
    Wish list of MOTUC figures: Sagitar, Red Beast, Red Shadow, Red Knight, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar

There are still many characters I want to see in Classics (hence my signature). The NA line up needs completed, King Miro is A MUST, Hunga, a lot of the newly created characters like Lady Slither, Raj-Jar, Vy-Por, Hans Hammerholder, Skeleteen, some classics mini comic characters like Prince Dakon, Kex Queen, as well as variants like 200x Prince Adam and Sorceress.....if the line had continued in 2017 til now at the same pace with 12 figures a year, there'd still be ones I'd want. Classics should never die!

I would be very disappointed if Classics* came to an end this year. I would understand, but I would still be very disappointed.

Overall I'm pleased with Super7's handling of the CC figures (yes, accepting the bad in total with the good), and I think there's still so many more great CC figures yet to be made. From the lore, from new concept characters, whatever.

There's that, and then there's the specific figures I'm particularly hoping get released in the future.

So, you name it -- I'm willing to buy Classics figures ongoing.

*Classics proper, as in CC, as in "Classicized" or plussed-up sculpts and decos. I care less than nothing for CG, as in I care less than nothing for overly toon-i-fied renditions of characters. CG-type figures are noise to the signal to me. Bring on the Classics proper, and I'll keep voting with my wallet.

Last edited by The Timeless One; June 6, 2019 at 01:37pm.
    Top 10 MOTUC: Shokoti > Shadow Weaver > Faker > Fang-or > Vykor > Blade > Scareglow > Huntara > Scorpia > Skeletor