Thread: Belinda Carlisle's Animal People Alliance New Store

Belinda Carlisle's Animal People Alliance New Store

Lovely and talented Belinda Carlisle and her awesome cause the Animal People Alliance have a new store which will go to great lengths to help animals in need.

https://www.animalpeoplealliance.net/shop

*Our Mission is to provide high quality care to street animals in need, only in the Behala area of Kolkata. We also provide high quality employment to individuals at risk of falling below the poverty line or being exploited.

To address the root causes of animal neglect and abuse, we also focus on changing the consciousness for future generations, and raising awareness about the value of human relationships with animals and the need to treat animals humanely.

We train and employ vulnerable people as veterinary technicians, animal handlers, caregivers, and shelter staff. We offer ongoing training, oversight and resources to the trainees. We have purchased the land and are currently building a local animal shelter to improve our resources and infrastructure so we can accommodate more animals and have a bigger impact.

We work with local shelter homes for women and children, to help integrate animals into their community and allow them to help each other recover from their traumas and problems.

Our team will offer workshops in schools and communities to raise awareness and to promote a culture of compassion for animals.*
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Good job Carlisle!
    Try to reach inside of me, try to drain my energy
    Let me show you just what I'm made of
    Simple curiosity trying to take a bite of me
    Let me show you just what I'm made of now...

That's an awesome photo of Belinda and the Animal People Alliance team, I would have posted it myself, but I've reached my picture quota on the forums.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)