Thread: Music CD's I Would Love To Collect - Add Your List!

Music CD's I Would Love To Collect - Add Your List!

I am often looking to add music CD's to my collection, from my many favourite bands and individual artists. Some ideas I've had for amazing sounding music are based on past recorded works from some of my artists, while others are based on musicians who I just wish would release a new album.

*Bette Midler recorded two successful albums based on cover songs from legendary singers from the past, including Rosemary Clooney and Peggy Lee. I think it would be awesome if Bette continued with the theme and recorded a tribute to singers such as Judy Garland and Doris Day.

*After years of recording albums with The Go-Go's and as a soloist, Belinda Carlisle has also had successful releases with foreign language albums, including one album in French and one album in the ghurmuki language of the far east, inspired by kundalini yoga. It would be great if she continued with the theme and released CD's in German, Italian, or Spanish. Music/lyrics do not have to be understood to be enjoyed.

*Susanna Hoffs and Matthew Sweet had three very successful collections of cover songs (collectively entitled Under The Covers) which featured tributes to music from the 60's, 70's, and 80's. I would love for this dynamic duo to release a tribute album of songs from the 90's, 00's, and 10's. Or, they could go back and record music from the 30's, 40's, and 50's.

*I would love Amy Grant to release another pop album, although I also love her hymns and Christmas albums.

*Susan Cowsill has had a few successful Covered In Vinyl: Live At Carrollton Station albums where she and her band learned the music and lyrics of a few other chosen bands and reinterpreted them as live concert albums. I pledged and donated for a new album from Susan and her brothers last year, and I'm still waiting for it to be completed and sent to me.

*The following artists really NEED to record new music:

The Go-Go's
    The Bangles

Charlotte Caffey
    Jane Wiedlin
    Kathy Valentine
    Gina Schock
    Debbi Peterson
    Vicki Peterson
    Michael Steele
    Lee Ferris
    Jorinde Williams
    Abby Travis
    Anna Waronker
    Petra Haden
    Meredith Brooks
    Gia Ciambotti
    Dominique Davalos
    Lucy Lawless
    C. Duck Anderson & Nate Richert
    Jon Peter Lewis & Ryan Hayes (Midas Whale)
    Val Kilmer
    Michelle Pereira
    Nita Whitaker-LaFontaine
    Lauren Kennedy
    Siobhan Maher-Kennedy
    Suzy Bogguss
    Beth Nielsen Chapman
    Matraca Berg

*I'd love to hear more from Black Box - featuring new vocalist Celestine Walcott-Gordon.

*Obviously, I would love for Cynthia Gibb and Melissa Benoist to release a debut CD each, and for Whoopi Goldberg to do another musical like the Sister Act movies and their divine soundtracks. Loving Newsies, I would love for Christian Bale to do another musical. Add Naomi Scott, Emma Watson, and Dan Stevens to the list.

The following artists HAVE recently added to their repertoire in the last couple of years:

The Continental Drifters

Peter Holsapple
    Ray Ganucheau
    Carol Hatchett
    Melanie Taylor
    Luba Mason
    Gretchen Peters
    Martina McBride

So, who's on your CD want/need list!
    Last edited by Mikey; June 6, 2019 at 02:10am.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

What an awesome collection you have there, Mikey.
    Try to reach inside of me, try to drain my energy
    Let me show you just what I'm made of
    Simple curiosity trying to take a bite of me
    Let me show you just what I'm made of now...

I actually have all the albums ever released by all my favourite artists (I'm a completist), those I mentioned above include both albums I have and those I wish would be released. I have around 40 favourite musicians/bands and roughly 230 CD's in my collection (at last count which was quite a while ago).
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

I would like to get some Testament albums. I seen them live several years ago and they were excellent.
    I used to have a copy of one of their studio albums and a live album on cassette tape but they were quite poor quality.

I used to have quite a lot of CDs but over the years I gave some away and loaned some that never got returned, so eventually I would like to get some of them back in my collection.

I could never bear to part with my beloved CD collection, and I have only ever lent them to people I absolutely trust.

Here's another list of CD's I am eager to add to my collection:

*Belinda Carlisle - The CD Singles 1986-2014 (29 Disc Set)

*The Blue Bonnets (Kathy Valentine & Dominique Davalos):

Boom Boom Boom Boom
    Play Loud
    Tone Wrecker

*Susan Cowsill: New Orleans Jazz Heritage Festival Volumes 1-3

*Action Skulls (~ Featuring Vicki Peterson, John Cowsill & Bill Mumy):

Angels Hear

*Peter Holsapple:

Game Day
    The Death Of Rock: Peter Holsapple Versus Alex Chilton

*The Cowsills:

Silhouette (A'Capella)

*Celestine Walcott-Gordon:

Secret Side

*Disney Aladdin Live Action Movie Soundtrack

*Nate Richert:

Halogen Moon

*Jon Peter Lewis:

Rough Cuts

*Albums Featuring Petra Haden:

When You Wish Upon A Star ~ With Bill Frisell
    Windmills Of Your Mind ~ With Paul Motian
    Rambling Boy ~ Charlie Haden Family And Friends