Thread: I found Spider-Man comics

I found Spider-Man comics

So my little brother and I are cleaning out an old storage locker . Not one of those fancy storage lockers you see in Storage wars , this was basically 2 walls a roof and 2 iron gate bars on either end . Keeps out the rains but thats it .
    We find about 4 carboard boxes those used to store paper . 3 of them had old magazines . 1 had a shipload of old marvel comics mainly spiderman . I never seen so many spiderman comics at once .

We tell the owner he does not care , heck he wanted to toss everything on a fire , thats how we take care of junk of the cardboard and paper variety over here .

We ask if we can hold onto the box of comics . He stares at us like we are nutz until I mention we could use some toilet reading , he understands that . I offer to get rid of his other boxes for 10 bucks . He really likes that idea . I get paid and well toss em in garbage down the road after looking for more comics of course . Nooo luck .

So i kinda ask him how long have these boxes been sitting on a shelf . He says a little bit longer than 20 years . These comics are in amazing condition considering they were on a shelf in a open air storage area with a cardboard as their only friggin defense against extreme temperature and termites . Normally i am skeptical about that number but most of these comics are dated plus minus 25 - 30 years old . The timeline is about right .

Sure its not a He Man toys discovery but hey this is Stan Lee,s finest . Whomever owned this really liked Venom and Carnage and black suite spiderman . I kinda prefer the ol classic red and blue myself . Ewww spiderman 2099 . a few captain america and fantastic four . I think there is at least 80 comics here . I am not counting all that so dont quote me . I am off to plastic city to find a container thats not made of cardboard .

NB . I am not looking to sell these at the moment just thought you guys might wanna take a looksi .
    First pics is a pile of them and the second is comics that seem fancier ? A few have better quality and shiney covers . Then i added a few more venom and carnage to fill the space .

Spider-comics-1.jpg

spider-comics-2.jpg
    Last edited by Lokus; September 11, 2019 at 04:10am.

Heroic Warrior
    Pretty cool find man.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Lucky you!

I had a lot of comics from that era but gave them all away as I ran out of space.

Nowadays I don't buy any comics as much as I enjoy reading them ... there's just no space left in the house.

Awesome find! I used to really love comics - had a boatload when I was in middle school, but I stupidly gave most of them away (they were mostly G.I. Joe and Transformers, with a few Fantastic Four, Iron Man, Thor and Thundercats comics mixed in).

From what I see you have a lot of nice books but ONE Big winner....

Keep me in mind if you want to sell/trade them down the road I'm always looking for more books to add to my collection....

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    From what I see you have a lot of nice books but ONE Big winner....

Keep me in mind if you want to sell/trade them down the road I'm always looking for more books to add to my collection....
    If that one big winner is the one I'm thinking it is, how much do you think it's worth? I still have my copy somewhere at the house.
    We canít pretend that the Trump Presidency is this weird anomaly that we can just kind of recover from by returning to the old normal. We are where we are because normal didnít work. - Pete Buttigieg

Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    If that one big winner is the one I'm thinking it is, how much do you think it's worth? I still have my copy somewhere at the house.
    I got two copies bought back when they came out

Heroic Warrior
    Well, that has anything I've ever found beat.

I got two copies bought back when they came out
    They coincided with the opening of a small (very small) comic shop near where I worked. I got a lot of great comics due to that.
    We canít pretend that the Trump Presidency is this weird anomaly that we can just kind of recover from by returning to the old normal. We are where we are because normal didnít work. - Pete Buttigieg

$100-125 and with Venom 2 coming out maybe higher...

- - - Updated - - -

They coincided with the opening of a small (very small) comic shop near where I worked. I got a lot of great comics due to that.
    Yea I did too I should have gotten more with all the graded books now going for big $$$$ and back then prices were lower...Too bad I had to use most of my money for college....

Thanks friend . I appreciate the expert advice and offer .

Venom huh ? Hmmm I am gonna take a wild guess and say its that shiny gold cover one right ? I bought a lovely blue plastic container and tossed em all in there .

Well i will say big whoop to that , due to my favorite cartoon show , I myself gathered a moderate pile of Savage Sword of Conan and Conan the Savage BW comics . Now those were big meaty comics . I only read Conan novels a bit later . I found it rather cheap that some Conan comics ripped off the novels .

Lots of Wonder Woman . A wee bit of Thor . I collected Hotstuff comics in my preteens . I loved Hotstuff the lil devil .

Some of my earliest Spiderman memories . I thought he was an evil character . I mean next to Superman or HeMan . Scary looking costume and has spider powers . This guy could have been a Superman,s arch enemy . My first Spiderman toy was from the Secret Wars collection.
    Last edited by Lokus; September 11, 2019 at 04:16am.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    Thanks friend . I appreciate the expert advice and offer .

Venom huh ? Hmmm I am gonna take a wild guess and say its that shiny gold cover one right ? I bought a lovely blue plastic container and tossed em all in there .
    on.

nope, I bet he's talking about Carnage's first appearance in the bottom row of picture one. As he's slated to be the villain of the 2nd Venom moviie. That 3 issues story was a lot of fun to read, and the character is still going strong today. So yeah, first appearances are some of the few 90's books to still have value

This is very cool! Congrats on your find!

- - - Updated - - -

$100-125 and with Venom 2 coming out maybe higher...

- - - Updated - - -

Yea I did too I should have gotten more with all the graded books now going for big $$$$ and back then prices were lower...Too bad I had to use most of my money for college....
    Damn that cursed education!