Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 103

Thread: UGH, just when you thought it was safe to stick to comic movies...

  1. #26
    Heroic Warrior IceyCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Castle Chill
    Posts
    2,506
    It is really hard to separate the two, so I was OK with the move to the Tar Swamp. You guys did not need to move it back. I feel at this point is incredibly hard to talk about media without talking about politics as they are actively injecting politics into everything. Trust me, I wish it were not so. I just want to be entertained.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    they used too...

    I've all but avoided the disney star wars book cannon.

    so i've gone back and re read a few of the older books. and some of the few i missed, like the old republic quadrology.

    God, I miss good writing that didn't have politics in it. men and women act like men and women...and no political crap anywhere to be scene..unless it's in universe.

    at the point where i really do not go to the theater much anymore, and if i want to see something, i will just wait for home rental.
    I missed this post entirely some how. I have a stack of books to currently get through, but once I do I would love some suggestions for Star Wars books.
    Last edited by IceyCat; June 9, 2019 at 09:33am.
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

    You laugh at me because I question everything. I laugh at you because you question nothing.

  2. #27
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    408
    Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    It is really hard to separate the two, so I was OK with the move to the Tar Swamp. You guys did not need to move it back. I feel at this point is incredibly hard to talk about media without talking about politics as they are actively injecting politics into everything. Trust me, I wish it were not so. I just want to be entertained.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I missed this post entirely some how. I have a stack of books to currently get through, but once I do I would love some suggestions for Star Wars books.
    These are some of my favourite Star Wars novels.

    Splinters of the Minds Eyes.
    Shadow of the Empire.
    The Truce At Bakura.
    Heir to the Empire, Dark Forces Rising, The Last Command.
    The Courtship of Princess Leia.
    The Cestus Deception.

  3. #28
    Heroic Warrior wyldman11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,719
    Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    It is really hard to separate the two, so I was OK with the move to the Tar Swamp. You guys did not need to move it back. I feel at this point is incredibly hard to talk about media without talking about politics as they are actively injecting politics into everything. Trust me, I wish it were not so. I just want to be entertained.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I missed this post entirely some how. I have a stack of books to currently get through, but once I do I would love some suggestions for Star Wars books.
    I think the mods big thing is it's one thing to kind of mention politics, but another to debate them. This is one of the posts that can quickly become the second.

    As far as Star Wars modern Canon. I have actually found the comics to not be really that bad, at least the main Star Wars title. While is has the whole clean slate thing for it, it's about Luke, Leia, and Han and it doesn't feel like some of the books that I have heard about. Vader is hit or miss, I like Aphra but could see where some might not.

    The only modern book I have read is Ahsoka which I liked. But I am kind of in the do I want to read some of the older books or not. But side topic.

    I had a felling it got moved over and some things got cut out for the tar swamp. But I do want to give our mods a high five for dealing with all these various things that come up and having the patience to put up with it .
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

    There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

    Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

  4. #29
    Skeletor's Right Hand Man Megalodon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Snake Mountain
    Posts
    4,884
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    These are some of my favourite Star Wars novels.

    Splinters of the Minds Eyes.
    Shadow of the Empire.
    The Truce At Bakura.
    Heir to the Empire, Dark Forces Rising, The Last Command.
    The Courtship of Princess Leia.
    The Cestus Deception.
    I can add to that list:

    Crimson Empire
    Dark Empire
    The Old Sith/Jedi TPB'S (Rise Of The Sith Empire etc.)
    Dark Forces (Both books & Video Games)
    Jedi Knight II: Dark Forces (Both Books & Video Games)
    Last edited by Megalodon; June 10, 2019 at 05:08am.

  5. #30
    Heroic Daddy to Hermione! Uki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    The Woodlands,Tx
    Posts
    11,790
    As to why the thread was moved back, there’s a mod rule that we don’t move things to the Tar Swamp, so if that’s where you’d like to continue, do so by creating a new thread there.

    As for this existing thread, I do not need to remind anyone of the political discussion occurring here, do I?
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

    Instagram: Just_Thommy

  6. #31
    Heroic Warrior He-Kal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,162
    Oh boy, did not realize they were trying to Captain Marvel this movie But, I am not surprised to see this tbh. I think it's becoming obvious identity politics being injected into entertainment is ruining quite a few franchises (just look at the negative reaction to the new Batwoman trailer where she states she's "not going to let a man take credit for a woman's work" but steals Batman's tech to be able to start her crime fighting career.. Personally, I love strong, female characters, but the way studios are trying to establish female characters by utilizing a Mary Sue, male bashing mantra is not the way to do it (I'm still aggravated on how Rey's character was ruined for me)… Maybe when there's enough backlash against this nonsense the studios will wake up and smell the espresso...

  7. #32
    Heroic Warrior Razzerian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Antwerpen, Belgium
    Posts
    453
    I’ve written like 3 replies already and deleted them! But I agree, some weird agenda is being pushed in certain studios. I love strong female leads like Ripley, Sarah Connor, etc. in fact those are from some of my all time favourite films.

    But lately it feels like we’ve been getting a John Cena/Roman Reigns push when it comes to female leads (wrestling fans will get the reference).

    Entertainment companies seem to have forgotten to cater to the majority of their target audience. Instead of listening to what they want, they’re telling them what they supposedly need.

    That simply doesn’t work and it’ll ultimately end up costing them money. Just ask Vince McMahon, he’s about to get smacked in the face by a new company that are willing to listen to their audience.

  8. #33
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    408
    Quote Originally Posted by Razzerian View Post
    I’ve written like 3 replies already and deleted them! But I agree, some weird agenda is being pushed in certain studios. I love strong female leads like Ripley, Sarah Connor, etc. in fact those are from some of my all time favourite films.

    But lately it feels like we’ve been getting a John Cena/Roman Reigns push when it comes to female leads (wrestling fans will get the reference).

    Entertainment companies seem to have forgotten to cater to the majority of their target audience. Instead of listening to what they want, they’re telling them what they supposedly need.

    That simply doesn’t work and it’ll ultimately end up costing them money. Just ask Vince McMahon, he’s about to get smacked in the face by a new company that are willing to listen to their audience.
    Completely agree. I also get the great wrestling reference. WWE's booking the last few years is odd. It will be nice having another alternative to watch with AEW.

    If people want to like a character they will like them. You shouldn't be forced to like a character because the studio has some agenda.

  9. #34
    Catwoman...Hear Me Roar! Mikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    The Catwoman's Catacomb
    Posts
    5,700
    Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    they used too...

    I've all but avoided the disney star wars book cannon.

    so i've gone back and re read a few of the older books. and some of the few i missed, like the old republic quadrology.

    God, I miss good writing that didn't have politics in it. men and women act like men and women...and no political crap anywhere to be scene..unless it's in universe.

    at the point where i really do not go to the theater much anymore, and if i want to see something, i will just wait for home rental.
    I'm sorry but this is a potentially chauvinistic and offensive post. We live in a world where women and men can be whoever they were born or desire to be.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

    - Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

  10. #35
    Heroic Warrior Razzerian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Antwerpen, Belgium
    Posts
    453
    Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    they used too...

    I've all but avoided the disney star wars book cannon.

    so i've gone back and re read a few of the older books. and some of the few i missed, like the old republic quadrology.

    God, I miss good writing that didn't have politics in it. men and women act like men and women...and no political crap anywhere to be scene..unless it's in universe.

    at the point where i really do not go to the theater much anymore, and if i want to see something, i will just wait for home rental.
    The new Thrawn books are still quite good honestly. I haven’t bought any of the new era ones I think though. The new Audible exclusive Dooku one was good too and Master and Apprentice was decent.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I'm sorry but this is a potentially chauvinistic and offensive post. We live in a world where women and men can be whoever they were born or desire to be.
    True, but I don’t think he intended it to be, judging by whom he quoted. Icey has a point, strong male & female characters compliment eachother. I think, at times, we’re seeing actual female chauvinism.
    Interested in the following loose Classics figures: Ram Man, Griffin, Mekaneck, 200x King Hisss and figure stands (prefer Snake Mountain stands)!

    Contact me per PM or my razzerian@gmail.com

    Looking to pre-order Snake Mountain? Check out this thread to see where you can do so! Found a new retailer selling it, drop a line in said thread to add it to the list.

  11. #36
    Heroic Warrior He-Kal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,162
    Quote Originally Posted by Razzerian View Post
    The new Thrawn books are still quite good honestly. I haven’t bought any of the new era ones I think though. The new Audible exclusive Dooku one was good too and Master and Apprentice was decent.

    - - - Updated - - -



    True, but I don’t think he intended it to be, judging by whom he quoted. Icey has a point, strong male & female characters compliment eachother. I think, at times, we’re seeing actual female chauvinism.
    It's funny you mention this... Meryl Streep stated the other day that the label "toxic masculinity" was being used waaayyy too much and that there is such a thing as toxic femininity too and people jumped all over her for saying it (a lot of them being females which kinda proved her point). I mean, when you have Meryl Streep saying it's getting out of control you know it's bad ...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I'm sorry but this is a potentially chauvinistic and offensive post. We live in a world where women and men can be whoever they were born or desire to be.
    I don't think Shredder was trying to say men are better than women. He's just trying to point out that there are differences between men and women (kinda sad I have to point that out ), but the current narrative is that were all exactly the same. That's silly... I think most reasonable people will agree women can do whatever they want to (and if they cannot they should be able to), but it's hard to buy the notion men and women are exactly the same (or that women are superior to men)... You are probably reading this and thinking who would ever say women and men,etc… are all the same and/or that women are better than men? But, watching the media and entertainment you get the impression some kindof agenda is being promoted with men/women right now and needs to stop...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    It is really hard to separate the two, so I was OK with the move to the Tar Swamp. You guys did not need to move it back. I feel at this point is incredibly hard to talk about media without talking about politics as they are actively injecting politics into everything. Trust me, I wish it were not so. I just want to be entertained.
    .
    Sadly, you are totally correct on this. Look at Ghostbusters 2016... That was an obvious attempt to counteract an all male team movie with an all female team for...reasons.... When the original Ghostbusters was made I doubt the producer/director was thinking "Ha!-We'll show the women how things really are!" With Ghostbusters 2016 we basically got that... If anything, if you watch the original movie, Janine was portrayed as no-nonsense and very intelligent, but then you had Hemsworth's character in GB 2016 who was portrayed as a bumbling bafoon… See a pattern yet? I mean, why can't we have a team of males and females working together (wouldn't that be more progressive) instead of the neo-segregation we're seeing promoted today?
    Last edited by He-Kal; June 10, 2019 at 03:46pm.

  12. #37
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Pit of Misery. Dilly dilly.
    Posts
    6,305
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post

    I don't think Shredder was trying to say men are better than women. He's just trying to point out that there are differences between men and women (kinda sad I have to point that out ), but the current narrative is that were all exactly the same. That's silly... I think most reasonable people will agree women can do whatever they want to (and if they cannot they should be able to), but it's hard to buy the notion men and women are exactly the same (or that women are superior to men)... You are probably reading this and thinking who would ever say women and men,etc… are all the same and/or that women are better than men? But, watching the media and entertainment you get the impression some kindof agenda is being promoted with men/women right now and needs to stop...

    Sigh....you see why I don't bother replying to some people anymore? they will see what they want to see in a post and ignore what is actually being said.
    your bold is correct.... doy.
    Respect is Earned. NOT Given, Away.

    Year Three. Trumps still doing fine...and CLEARED. have a NICE day ;o)

  13. #38
    Heroic Warrior wyldman11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,719
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    It's funny you mention this... Meryl Streep stated the other day that the label "toxic masculinity" was being used waaayyy too much and that there is such a thing as toxic femininity too and people jumped all over her for saying it (a lot of them being females which kinda proved her point). I mean, when you have Meryl Streep saying it's getting out of control you know it's bad ...

    - - - Updated - - -



    I don't think Shredder was trying to say men are better than women. He's just trying to point out that there are differences between men and women (kinda sad I have to point that out ), but the current narrative is that were all exactly the same. That's silly... I think most reasonable people will agree women can do whatever they want to (and if they cannot they should be able to), but it's hard to buy the notion men and women are exactly the same (or that women are superior to men)... You are probably reading this and thinking who would ever say women and men,etc… are all the same and/or that women are better than men? But, watching the media and entertainment you get the impression some kindof agenda is being promoted with men/women right now and needs to stop...

    - - - Updated - - -



    Sadly, you are totally correct on this. Look at Ghostbusters 2016... That was an obvious attempt to counteract an all male team movie with an all female team for...reasons.... When the original Ghostbusters was made I doubt the producer/director was thinking "Ha!-We'll show the women how things really are!" With Ghostbusters 2016 we basically got that... If anything, if you watch the original movie, Janine was portrayed as no-nonsense and very intelligent, but then you had Hemsworth's character in GB 2016 who was portrayed as a bumbling bafoon… See a pattern yet? I mean, why can't we have a team of males and females working together (wouldn't that be more progressive) instead of the neo-segregation we're seeing promoted today?
    I was the kid in math class who after we were told the story of how the Greeks figured out the world was round, asked the question in history class we learned Columbus did that. The response was people forgot over time, which never set right with me. College I learned the truth, Columbus was trying to prove the Greeks weren't good at math in doing so ultimately he failed (for the most part they assumed a perfect sphere).

    I say this is as I have a problem with people using agenda telling history and other facets. Women historically could have been treated better in general, but looking into things for other reasons things were frequently not quite as bad as we have always been lead to believe.

    I don't like this making things villainous so we can continue down as you said this neo segregated path. I don't like seeing young women afraid they aren't going to be able to compete in athletic events because they can't hold up to their new progressive minded competitors.

    But will stop now, saying I agree while I try to keep this not too overtly political.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

    There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

    Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

  14. #39
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    5,697
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    Oh boy, did not realize they were trying to Captain Marvel this movie But, I am not surprised to see this tbh. I think it's becoming obvious identity politics being injected into entertainment is ruining quite a few franchises (just look at the negative reaction to the new Batwoman trailer where she states she's "not going to let a man take credit for a woman's work" but steals Batman's tech to be able to start her crime fighting career.. Personally, I love strong, female characters, but the way studios are trying to establish female characters by utilizing a Mary Sue, male bashing mantra is not the way to do it (I'm still aggravated on how Rey's character was ruined for me)… Maybe when there's enough backlash against this nonsense the studios will wake up and smell the espresso...
    What, exactly, does "trying to Captain Marvel this movie" mean?
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

  15. #40
    Heroic Warrior He-Kal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,162
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    What, exactly, does "trying to Captain Marvel this movie" mean?
    Well, to be fair--most of the Sjw silliness tied to Captain Marvel was due to what Brie Larson stated before the movie came out. So, I guess I should have said they were trying to Brie Larson this movie instead.

  16. #41
    Catwoman...Hear Me Roar! Mikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    The Catwoman's Catacomb
    Posts
    5,700
    Quote Originally Posted by Razzerian View Post
    The new Thrawn books are still quite good honestly. I haven’t bought any of the new era ones I think though. The new Audible exclusive Dooku one was good too and Master and Apprentice was decent.

    - - - Updated - - -



    True, but I don’t think he intended it to be, judging by whom he quoted. Icey has a point, strong male & female characters compliment eachother. I think, at times, we’re seeing actual female chauvinism.
    OK, I apologise, but I'm still outraged that Trump dared to criticise and insult Bette Midler, The Divine Miss M. I LOVE HER! I saw the pro-Trump signature, and without getting into a Tar Swamp discussion, I saw RED. As I said, I'm sorry. I don't normally get mad like that.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

    - Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

  17. #42
    Heroic Warrior Amentep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Fawcett City
    Posts
    452
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    Honestly as a movie there was no reason to reboot it or remake it by using the name. A modern Ghostbusters movie would more follow the more paranormal investigators type shows that were more prevalent a few years back, or now mostly found on Youtube. But because those shows exist there really isn't a huge need. I am actually kind of worried for the sequel that's coming out because of that.

    But different topic
    Its interesting because I think it can tie to this topic in so much as Dark Phoenix is a remake itself [more appropriately, a readaption of the same material that X-Men 3: The Last Stand adapted].

    Personally I'm not against remakes, reboots, reimagining in general. And I'm not against a reboot taking the source and doing something different. I don't think there needs to be a reason to do a remake beyond creative people having a good idea they want to run with.

    One of Alfred Hitchcock's better early films only adapts the part of the book that interested him - the subplot of the wrongly accused man helped by a woman to flee the law and unveil the real killer. The book itself was mostly about the police as they try to solve the murder and nab the killer. So in one sense the film is a great early thriller (if you can ignore some issues from the period it was filmed), but at the same time a terrible adaption of the source material.

    That said, I get it. I think most modern adaptions of THE WIZARD OF OZ (including WICKED) are just terrible, building up things that don't fit the original books. But I don't begrudge others liking them or think they shouldn't exist.
    Last edited by Amentep; June 11, 2019 at 09:51am.

  18. #43
    Catwoman...Hear Me Roar! Mikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    The Catwoman's Catacomb
    Posts
    5,700
    Quote Originally Posted by Amentep View Post
    Personally I'm not against remakes, reboots, reimagining in general. And I'm not against a reboot taking the source and doing something different. I don't think there needs to be a reason to do a remake beyond creative people having a good idea they want to run with.
    I love remakes, reboots, and reimaginings as much as original ideas. That's why I love the Disney live action movies as much as the animated ones, along with other properties where there are live action, animated, CGI, and LEGO projects combined to make an awesome franchise. Actors/actresses get to reinterpret classic characters and in the case of Disney, they get to sing the songs they love. I'm open to pretty much anything in a favourite franchise. I like to compare and contrast the different aspects.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

    - Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

  19. #44
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Pit of Misery. Dilly dilly.
    Posts
    6,305
    Quote Originally Posted by Amentep View Post
    That said, I get it. I think most modern adaptions of THE WIZARD OF OZ (including WICKED) are just terrible, building up things that don't fit the original books. But I don't begrudge others liking them or think they shouldn't exist.
    it's HOW they like them that is the issue. you can like something without being a jerk about it.
    Respect is Earned. NOT Given, Away.

    Year Three. Trumps still doing fine...and CLEARED. have a NICE day ;o)

  20. #45
    Catwoman...Hear Me Roar! Mikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    The Catwoman's Catacomb
    Posts
    5,700
    Quote Originally Posted by Amentep View Post

    That said, I get it. I think most modern adaptions of THE WIZARD OF OZ (including WICKED) are just terrible, building up things that don't fit the original books. But I don't begrudge others liking them or think they shouldn't exist.
    I actually played the Wicked Witch Of The West in a school play of The Wizard Of Oz. I wasn't the only non-traditional-gender role player, the Tin Man and Cowardly Lion were played by girls.


    I also believe people who don't like something can do so without being jerks, so it goes both ways.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

    - Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

  21. #46
    Heroic Warrior Amentep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Fawcett City
    Posts
    452
    I agree people can like/dislike things without being jerks.

    But IMO them being a jerk says more about them than the thing they like/dislike, IMO.

    Mikey, sounds like you had a fun production. I was in the jazz band that played during my HS's production of The Wiz, which I think is an adaption that feels right for Oz.

  22. #47
    Catwoman...Hear Me Roar! Mikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    The Catwoman's Catacomb
    Posts
    5,700
    Quote Originally Posted by Amentep View Post
    I agree people can like/dislike things without being jerks.

    But IMO them being a jerk says more about them than the thing they like/dislike, IMO.

    Mikey, sounds like you had a fun production. I was in the jazz band that played during my HS's production of The Wiz, which I think is an adaption that feels right for Oz.
    It was a very fun production. My melting scene was to die for apparently. I also played The Fairy Godmother in Cinderella. I have only worn a dress twice in my life.

    I was also in the school choir for two years.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

    - Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

  23. #48
    Heroic Warrior He-Kal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,162
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    OK, I apologise, but I'm still outraged that Trump dared to criticise and insult Bette Midler, The Divine Miss M. I LOVE HER! I saw the pro-Trump signature, and without getting into a Tar Swamp discussion, I saw RED. As I said, I'm sorry. I don't normally get mad like that.
    The problem is, a lot of people these days see anything "Trump" and they automatically see red...

  24. #49
    Skeletor's Right Hand Man Megalodon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Snake Mountain
    Posts
    4,884
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    The problem is, a lot of people these days see anything "Trump" and they automatically see red...
    Who cares about Trump this isn't the Tar Swamp...

    Anyways Star Wars novels they should use some of those into a 3 part movie like the Thrawn trilogy...

  25. #50
    Master of Arms He-Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    10,561
    Chris here...

    Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    The problem is, a lot of people these days see anything "Trump" and they automatically see red...
    Although on the plus side, he has turned the song “Nellie the Elephant” into a semi-political song... (think about it!)

    Take care...
    Part of the "Kidult" craze long before it was a thing! : )

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •