Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: UGH, just when you thought it was safe to stick to comic movies...

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    LOL. I recall buying a Jar Jar figure...in 2002 when I was 17, it was on sale for £2-£3. It's probably still the same price on eBay LOL.
    Mesa thinks I may have to go look now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    When the lead character on the show looks like Richie Rich in a bad She-Ra cosplay, you kinda have a problem...
    OK, that is hilarious. I was thinking Jonny Quest, but Richie Rich works too.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither!"

I think we did see this with Solo though, which is kindof unfortunate since that movie was ok but fans boycotted it in response to TLJ. I honestly think the next movie is going to take a hit too because people are still upset over TLJ. Personally, this is the first Star Wars movie I could careless about and am not planning on going to see in theaters (Yes, I even saw the prequels opening weekend). TLJ basically ruined this new Trilogy for me (and I loved TFA).

- - - Updated - - -

Tbh, I thought TFA was fantastic and was soooo hyped to see TLJ due to it (did not see the gut punch I was about to suffer at all).. In regards to Thundercats Roar that does look awful and I can't help but compare it to the new She-Ra series. Although the art does look better in She-Ra than Roar, it still looks pretty bad in reference to the original (proving sometimes new is not better). When the lead character on the show looks like Richie Rich in a bad She-Ra cosplay, you kinda have a problem...
    Meg Here, (Sorry had to do that)

TFA was a OK not like the train wreck that was TLJ Solo was OK but got caught in the TLJ backlash and Rogue One was OK but we saw this before: (Just not in a movie)

This is what Rogue One WAS before Disney shoved it away this would have been a better film honestly...

I have heard mixed reviews on Solo. I tried to watch it, but could not get into it. My brain just does NOT let me accept anyone else as Han Solo.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither!"

Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    I have heard mixed reviews on Solo. I tried to watch it, but could not get into it. My brain just does NOT let me accept anyone else as Han Solo.
    At first it does seem weird, but the new actor does grow on you and I thought his acting was fine, even though he didn't quite have the Ford charisma. If he had been given another movie I think he would have grown into the character well. Sadly, Solo's not so great performance caused the Kenobi movie that was in development to be cancelled which would have been awesome with McGregor reprising his role (his performance as Obi-Wan was one of the things that kinda redeemed the prequels for me).

Heroic Warrior
    At first it does seem weird, but the new actor does grow on you and I thought his acting was fine, even though he didn't quite have the Ford charisma. If he had been given another movie I think he would have grown into the character well. Sadly, Solo's not so great performance caused the Kenobi movie that was in development to be cancelled which would have been awesome with McGregor reprising his role (his performance as Obi-Wan was one of the things that kinda redeemed the prequels for me).
    yeah.. but there isn't any real story with Obi-Wan I want to see anymore.... When we last left him he was off to hide in the desert and keep his head down waiting for Luke to grow up... and then we saw THAT story. Anything they did would have to be set during Prequel days and I just want to leave those behind. He WAS the best part of them... but I'm still done with that era. Anything they do now is going to involve heavy retcons that change the narrative.

Same pretty much for a SOLO 2. I LOVED the Solo movie. Yeah, he's not Harrison... but he made it work. They answered every nagging question I wanted to see answered and did it with fun and respect. It was a GREAT prequel. I wish ALL the Prequels were that good.

But it's done now. It ended in a place that can pick up in Episode 4 cantina and I really don't want them to milk a 3 picture deal out this. They did a great job... now do something else.

Boba Fett has potential. Most of his story is still a blank slate and the helmet lets you use whatever actor you want... but it's still a 'rooting for the bad guy' and I don't usually like those... but it has potential.

Mesa thinks I may have to go look now.

- - - Updated - - -

OK, that is hilarious. I was thinking Jonny Quest, but Richie Rich works too.
    Still £3 LOL. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Star-Wars...EAAOSwN95c~SaP

I honestly have no idea what Lucas was thinking when he thought Jar Jar was a good idea...or what yes mean just smiled and agreed with him
    Still at least he was somewhat likeable compared to Holdo.

- - - Updated - - -

An Obi-Wan movie would be cool. Maybe him taking on some gangsters or some other Sith/Force users and showing him watching over Luke and maybe a confrontation with Owen wanting to give Luke the lightsabre etc...

- - - Updated - - -

Tbh, I thought TFA was fantastic...:
    I enjoyed it while I was watching but then the more the film went on the more I realised it was just basically a remake of A New Hope.

I have no idea what Warner Bros. were thinking when they thought people would like Thundercats Roar.

I'd probably skip an Obi-Wan film. We've got good chunks of his life, I don't see much of interest in him as a younglings padawan or in hiding between 3 & 4 (and I think telling an adventure story with Obi-Wan between 3 & 4 runs the risk of straining credulity regarding the assassination of Jedi and how everyone thought he was long thought dead if he's not in hiding keeping a low profile).

But I'll see the last of this trilogy. But I do agree people should vote with their wallets and not waste their time and money on things they don't like.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    yeah.. but there isn't any real story with Obi-Wan I want to see anymore.... When we last left him he was off to hide in the desert and keep his head down waiting for Luke to grow up... and then we saw THAT story. Anything they did would have to be set during Prequel days and I just want to leave those behind. He WAS the best part of them... but I'm still done with that era. Anything they do now is going to involve heavy retcons that change the narrative.

Same pretty much for a SOLO 2. I LOVED the Solo movie. Yeah, he's not Harrison... but he made it work. They answered every nagging question I wanted to see answered and did it with fun and respect. It was a GREAT prequel. I wish ALL the Prequels were that good.

But it's done now. It ended in a place that can pick up in Episode 4 cantina and I really don't want them to milk a 3 picture deal out this. They did a great job... now do something else.

Boba Fett has potential. Most of his story is still a blank slate and the helmet lets you use whatever actor you want... but it's still a 'rooting for the bad guy' and I don't usually like those... but it has potential.
    I'm honestly beginning to think some franchises work better on the small screen instead of the big screen. For example, the Mandalorian series looks AWESOME and I am way more excited to see that than Episode IX . Apparently Boba Fett will get a series too (I would not be surprised if the Mandalorian guy IS Boba Fett though). On a side note, other franchises that seem to have floundered on film do better in comic books too like Predator, Terminator and Aliens and maybe they should stay on that medium and give up on movies...

Quote Originally Posted by Amentep View Post
    But I do agree people should vote with their wallets and not waste their time and money on things they don't like.

I like you, Amentep.

Here is a crazy movie that's coming out on BluRay and DVD. A horror version of the old children's series The Banana Splits as a ripoff of Five Nights At Freddy's. https://t.co/ZDd31epY9q

i saw that link on syfy... looks cheesy.. but kinda fun....haha
    Halloween is not just a holiday.. its a way of life!

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlan View Post
    Here is a crazy movie that's coming out on BluRay and DVD. A horror version of the old children's series The Banana Splits as a ripoff of Five Nights At Freddy's. [video]https://t.co/ZDd31epY9q[/url]
    I have seen posts about it on Facebook but I wasn't sure if it was real or a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    even the critics seem to be hating this one. 16% on RT's.

I liked the first class and DOFP movies. A! was OK, but nothing great.

Didn't the original series of XMen movies end with Dark Pheonix? maybe they need to avoid this character..
    What about Deadpool movies and Logan?
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

The first Deadpool was great, the second was meh. Logan was sad, but well done.

I don't know how true this is but I heard that a lot of Dark Phoenix was changed due to being too similar to Captain Marvel and the release date pushed back.

On the topic of Dark Phoenix (although I never mind being tangential), I think this guy is hilarious: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJvPUaxu6vE

Dark Phoenix had the following problems.

Production was already going when Disney bought out Fox. Time shifting and many other factors were resulted in this, but to what extent we won't ever know. However the writer/director gets my thumbs up for simply taking the blame for it instead of blaming any of those issues.

Phoenix saga is hard to contain in one movie (hear they meant two but were forced to make it one), is much more character driven than action driven (which would have it released a different time of the year) .
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

On the topic of Dark Phoenix (although I never mind being tangential), I think this guy is hilarious: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJvPUaxu6vE
    I quite enjoy these pitch meeting videos.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0s9mUXhHZ8

Heroic Warrior
    re : Star Wars books.

I would avoid anything post yuzahn vong war. The Vong where interesting, but after that, it got even more silly.
    the final villain is all but a forgetable mess.

stick with anything zahn. Michael Stackpole was also good IIRC. a few others whose names I forget at the moment where also rather good.

Kevin J Anderson books read like glorified fan fiction, but otherwise entertaining for the most part.
    Respect is Earned. NOT Given, Away.

Year Three. Trumps still doing fine...and CLEARED. have a NICE day ;o)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    I quite enjoy these pitch meeting videos.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0s9mUXhHZ8
    Ha! That cracked me up. Thank you for sharing. I am going to have to follow that guy.

“Using make believe instead of make up is tight.”
    Last edited by IceyCat; June 20, 2019 at 10:18am.

Ha! That cracked me up. Thank you for sharing. I am going to have to follow that guy.

“Using make believe instead of make up is tight.”
    All of the pitch meetings are great. I highly recommend the Star Wars and DC movies.

The first Deadpool was great, the second was meh. Logan was sad, but well done.
    Logan was amazing, sad and unique i thought and a good way to end Wolverine's story on film.

Now that Fox has a deal with Disney, maybe for Deadpool 3 we can have the X-Force and Howard The Duck in it as he could be Deadpool's own Rocket Raccoon as recently in the comics they have been friends and have Mojo as the villain plus Longshot in it as it can be set on Mojoworld as Deadpool and friends are transported there for Battle Royale, Hunger Games and Running Man type games as even Howard has been captured by Mojo on that planet as Deadpool sets him free as he helps him. Now that could be a neat idea for a third film as it can be a Marvel Studios/Fox crossover since Marvel Studios owns Howard and Fox/Disney owns X-Men now.

We also need the Starjammers with Hepzibah and Corsair to co-star in Guardians 3.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post
    Logan was amazing, sad and unique i thought and a good way to end Wolverine's story on film.

Now that Fox has a deal with Disney, maybe for Deadpool 3 we can have the X-Force and Howard The Duck in it as he could be Deadpool's own Rocket Raccoon as recently in the comics they have been friends and have Mojo as the villain plus Longshot in it as it can be set on Mojoworld as Deadpool and friends are transported there for Battle Royale, Hunger Games and Running Man type games as even Howard has been captured by Mojo on that planet as Deadpool sets him free as he helps him. Now that could be a neat idea for a third film as it can be a Marvel Studios/Fox crossover since Marvel Studios owns Howard and Fox/Disney owns X-Men now.

We also need the Starjammers with Hepzibah and Corsair to co-star in Guardians 3.
    i love these ideas!

Id also like to see Firestar and Iceman show up when Peter Parker goes to College that would just be so great!
    Halloween is not just a holiday.. its a way of life!

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post

If I was Disney I would be very leery of touching anything Howard the Duck related. Not because Howard is a bad character, but because the movie back in the '80s was so bad and so many people remember it. They stuck him in as an Easter egg a couple of times but I don't know if he's popular or well known enough to stick him in with Deadpool. The rest of these ideas look pretty good, but who knows what Disney would do.

If they did do a new Howard the Duck movie I would have to watch it. I had a very good friend who loved Howard the Duck that passed away last year. I'd have to see it at least once in his honor, and hopefully they would do it justice.
    Last edited by Dave-Man; June 20, 2019 at 11:59am.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"All you have is your fire, and the place you need to reach
    Don't you ever tame your demons, but always keep them on a leash"
    - Hozier, "Arsonist's Lullabye"

Quote Originally Posted by H.A.L.9000 View Post
    i love these ideas!

Id also like to see Firestar and Iceman show up when Peter Parker goes to College that would just be so great!
    That would be awesome.