Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: UGH, just when you thought it was safe to stick to comic movies...

Quote Originally Posted by davelove81 View Post
    I genuinely did like that scene! I thought " think of the amount of sandwiches they could make me"
    That seen was so powerful it has surpassed the moon landing and the renaissance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    That seen was so powerful it has surpassed the moon landing and the renaissance.
    I actually can't remember much of what happened, I just remember thinking " boobs" and later, "sandwiches".

Heroic Warrior
    I actually can't remember much of what happened, I just remember thinking " boobs" and later, "sandwiches".
    This type of comment will only validate the makers reasons for continuing what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    This type of comment will only validate the makers reasons for continuing what they do.
    May as well play the role they've cast me in

Heroic Warrior
    I watched that Gillette commercial (or "short film") and realized that we men - with the exception of a very few - are all lacking and aren't really men. We need to be re-schooled by a small elite group, better than us.

.... At making sandwiches?

Heroic Warrior
    ....at everything.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I watched that Gillette commercial (or "short film") and realized that we men - with the exception of a very few - are all lacking and aren't really men. We need to be re-schooled by a small elite group, better than us.
    Ah yes, the successful marketing ploy of selling razors to the women who believe that shaving thier legs and armpits is a form of toxic male oppression. They nailed it.

Ah yes, the successful marketing ploy of selling razors to the women who believe that shaving thier legs and armpits is a form of toxic male oppression. They nailed it.
    From a company that charges more for a female razor than the a male razor when they are the same.

Just popped in to see what riveting and insightful things that have been posted on the Org in my absence and you boys did not disappoint - LOL!
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither!"

Heroic Warrior
    I, for one, as a man, know that I need you, a strong, independent woman (well, at least I think most of the men on this forum surely would be pro-woman and think so?) need you to put me in my place. I am prepared to accept my role in advancing the patriarchy and keeping women down every day of my existence. I am an ally, Icey. YASSSS!

Going in reverse.

The woman power moment was both cringy and a yay moment for me. But I have problems with movie Captain Marvel, shaversity I linked you guys a few weeks back, has the perfect video explaining my problem with her. Also I want to watch Battle Angel Alita now because of the recent watching of the video.

Magneto race ethnicity switch. My problem has more to do with him being the villain/sometimes anti hero. On the idea level, a group of humans who were/are subject to oppression and it changes their own outlook on the rising mutant thing. But making him of african decent might make him too sympathetic for a lot of people, which undermines his being the villain. Yes, him being a holocaust survivor in most media makes him sympathetic, but while you do feel that sympathy you still see his actions on the extreme bad, and kind of ironic.

I than think would Xavier make a better choice, but the problem is people will take the narrative as telling those who are oppressed to just accept their fate and passively try to change it. Which does kind of step on MLK jr.s legacy to some extent (not opening the can just hear me out).

I than think what if they race swapped both, than you could have that MLK jr. Malcom X dynamic going.

This is one that is problematic either way and I see both sides.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it