Thread: Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 165 Discussion - MOTUC bio discussion

Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 165 Discussion - MOTUC bio discussion

Episode 165 of He-Man.org's Roast Gooble Dinner is here!
    We hope you're hungry.

Val Staples, Danielle Gelehrter, Nate Baertsch, and Rob Base are back to discuss He-Man and She-Ra.

In this episode they discuss
    continuing the MOTUC bios after 2015,
    the 2016 Power-Con bios by Eric Marshall,
    tackling the continuation of the MOTUC bios,
    the Ultimate Editions and the Reawakening,
    a collected bio book,
    Masters Mondays,
    bios for things other than main figure releases,
    name-dropping,
    challenges of continuing after other writers,
    reset vs retcon,
    He-Man and She-Ra ancestors,
    He-Ra,
    Crimson Countess, Waspus, and new characters,
    fan fiction vs professional work,
    Create-A-Character creations,
    utilizing the He-Man and She-Ra character guide,
    Danielle's favorite bio,
    and much more!

Also, don't forget the Roast Gooble Dinner iPhone App, which is great for organizing and downloading current and past episodes. Click here to get yours today!

And if you have a comment or a question, please call us at (310) 933-5993 or at our Skype account "roastgooble" and leave a voicemail (in Skype, please go to Call Phones and enter roastgooble as the phone number and dial in. Please do not add roastgooble to your contact list as we won't accept the request. Sorry!) We'll try to work your voicemail into the show, so please call! Otherwise, you can e-mail us at gooble (at) he-man (dot) org. One or more of the hosts will read your e-mail on the show. Please keep e-mails short and sweet!

So pull up your chair and fill up your plate! It's time to chow down on a tasty serving of fandom here on He-Man.org's Roast Gooble Dinner!

Recorded on June 6, 2019
    Runtime: 0 hour, 59 minutes, 46 seconds

Direct link for Episode 165

Subscription info:

Link to subscribe with iTunes
    or
    Direct link to RSS feed
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2019!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

I understand that He-Ra is a combination of He-Man's and She-Ra's names but it sounds the same as the Greek goddess Hera's name.
    Last edited by Neophron; June 7, 2019 at 08:32pm.
    Try to reach inside of me, try to drain my energy
    Let me show you just what I'm made of
    Simple curiosity trying to take a bite of me
    Let me show you just what I'm made of now...

Quote Originally Posted by Neophron View Post
    I understand that He-Ra is a combination of He-Man's and She-Ra's names but it sounds the same as the Greek goddess Hera's name.
    I haven't listened to the episode and I might be wrong, but I think He-Ra was the first name that was chosen for He-Man's female counterpart. Eventually that name was changed into She-Ra and only recently He-Ra developed as a new separate character.

Man, I enjoy listening to these. The enthusiasm behind the property is contagious. Makes for perfect lawn-mowing listening.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

OMG, Danielle you are too modest here! You do amazing work and your bios are always a thrill to read. You’re also much braver than I am about introducing more obscure characters/elements and about using the CaC submissions. There would be no He-Ra or Crimson Countess or Queen Tyrantula or Waspus introduced if not for you!

I don't know who this Eric guy is though, must be from the Mirror Universe with a goatee or something (or did I shave mine?)

Gibangkok! Okay, I would have changed my name to Beastmanyana if not for that.

Also my most anticpated is Danielle's for God Skeletor!
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

I always imagine the pronounciation of your name gbagok is how you’d pronounce Senegalese names like N’diaye or N’golo. G’bagok!

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    To put it to rest, what IS the correct pronunciation, good sir?
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2019!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    To put it to rest, what IS the correct pronunciation, good sir?
    It's gee-bag, ok?
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    OMG, Danielle you are too modest here! You do amazing work and your bios are always a thrill to read. You’re also much braver than I am about introducing more obscure characters/elements and about using the CaC submissions. There would be no He-Ra or Crimson Countess or Queen Tyrantula or Waspus introduced if not for you!
    Thank you my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Gbagok
    I don't know who this Eric guy is though, must be from the Mirror Universe with a goatee or something (or did I shave mine?)
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Evil Master of Fluffiness skullking's Avatar
    Would like to echo Nate, in asking for a collected book for all these bios at some point. It would be fun to have them all in one place (when they’re done).

First thing I had to do was open up my Character and World Guide and read about the Gem of Magoo - really awesome.

Enjoyed this a lot...a lot, a lot. World and character building...history...story. It's why the first thing I ever truly collected as a kid were books, Dragonlance and Forgotten Realms in particular. To come back to MOTU and find this incredibly rich world described and filled out through all these bios and cataloging of places and artifacts, well beyond anything I could have hoped for. So...thank you!

Also. I'm all for new characters...the best things continue to grow. Do people complain when new characters are introduced for Marvel? I mean, of course...but still..