Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Lineage of Men-at-arms through out Eternian history

  1. #1
    master of accessories facet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,886

    Lineage of Men-at-arms through out Eternian history

    So from what we know from bios and info gathered from other sources
    1. Gladiator - during king grayskulls reign
    Skip 4900 years on the future
    2.Rohan- during the reign of king Miro or possibly his fathers as he is Duncan’s mentor
    3. Dekker- King miro’s Reign
    4. Duncan- King Randors reign
    5. Clamp champ- King Randors reign after king hiss turned him into a snakeman
    6. Andras- from the marvel comics not sure where he fits in? I think somewhere here
    7. Sir laser lot- brought from the past to train prince dare , becoming man at arms for king heman.

    Did I miss any , an additional info please fill me in and I’ll update this opening page. Thanks
    Last edited by facet; June 10, 2019 at 09:37am.

  2. #2
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    383
    Where did you get Gladiator? I looked him up in the Character Guide but it isn't mentioned that he is a Man-At-Arms.
    Andras is hard to place ... does he even exist in the regular timeline?

    Skytree mentioned that there was a Man-At-Arms who saved him from the Witches of Fire. I'm not remembering the details now but when I saw the episode, I got the impression that that happend during the time when Skytree didn't meet any human, so that MAA would have been non-human. Of course it might simply be that it had actually happend earlier, I would have to see the episode again to be sure.

  3. #3
    master of accessories facet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,886
    The gladiator bit is from axels thread, if you search thru there you’ll see he mention that he is king grayskulls man at arms. Don’t remember the sky tree reference need to go back and rewatch that episode.

  4. #4
    2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Jukka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Hämeenlinna, Finland
    Posts
    14,063
    Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    Don’t remember the sky tree reference need to go back and rewatch that episode.
    Season 1 "The Dragon's Gift".
    Skytree mentions that all throughout Eternian history there has been a Man-At-Arms to uphold what is right. And one such Man-At-Arms saved him from Witches of Fire.

    There is no mention of "time when Skytree didn't meet any human" in the episode though. From Granamyr or Skytree.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

    · ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

  5. #5
    master of accessories facet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,886
    Thx jukka now you got me wondering who the which of fire are?

  6. #6
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    383
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post

    There is no mention of "time when Skytree didn't meet any human" in the episode though. From Granamyr or Skytree.
    You are right. I just watched it. Granamyr says that he has not spoken with humans in the last thousand years. That was either mistranslated in the german dub or I mixed it up.

  7. #7
    Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    484
    Duncan has always been such an interesting character, because he is wise, a master of weapons and a scientific/inventor. That said, according to the Character Guide, Rohad was his teacher (science part) and Dekker was his trainer (fighting techniques). So, I would remove Rohad from the list of the lineage of men-at-arms.

    About Andras, since he's from an alternate reality I would not include him eaither in a "lineage". Lastly, there´s no mention to Gladiator being a MAA. In fact, the one that is said to be a master of weapons is SLL (though a MAA title is not mentioned while he was in the preternian age).
    Wish list of MOTUC figures: Sagitar, Red Beast, Red Shadow, Red Knight, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar

  8. #8
    master of accessories facet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,886
    Quote Originally Posted by man-at-work View Post
    Duncan has always been such an interesting character, because he is wise, a master of weapons and a scientific/inventor. That said, according to the Character Guide, Rohad was his teacher (science part) and Dekker was his trainer (fighting techniques). So, I would remove Rohad from the list of the lineage of men-at-arms.

    About Andras, since he's from an alternate reality I would not include him eaither in a "lineage". Lastly, there´s no mention to Gladiator being a MAA. In fact, the one that is said to be a master of weapons is SLL (though a MAA title is not mentioned while he was in the preternian age).
    See this thread

  9. #9
    Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    484
    Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    See this thread
    The link was broken, but I'm guessing ou wanted me to see Axel's thread where he mentions that he had a reference about Gladiator being a MAA, right? If so, I'll take that as a good source and will think of Gladiator as a MAA together with SLL serving King Grayskull.
    Wish list of MOTUC figures: Sagitar, Red Beast, Red Shadow, Red Knight, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar

  10. #10
    Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Penny Dreadful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Massachusetts, US
    Posts
    4,373
    Quote Originally Posted by Capeträger View Post
    Andras is hard to place ... does he even exist in the regular timeline?
    Andras is referenced in Ultimate He-Man's bio and becomes a "new ally" during the Son of He-Man period when Eternos is in rebuilding mode following the events of the Third Ultimate Battleground. No mention is made of his role, title, rank, or status, however.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England


    OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

  11. #11
    master of accessories facet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,886
    Quote Originally Posted by man-at-work View Post
    The link was broken, but I'm guessing ou wanted me to see Axel's thread where he mentions that he had a reference about Gladiator being a MAA, right? If so, I'll take that as a good source and will think of Gladiator as a MAA together with SLL serving King Grayskull.
    Yes I’ll try to fix the link, and thanks penny I knew his name was mentioned somewhere.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •