Thread: Let The Power...Return!

Court Magician

Let The Power...Return!

The episode "The Problem With Power" is the episode in which we find out exactly how He-Man returns back into Prince Adam.

Yet, when I saw this for the first time as a kid, it didn't dawn on me. I wasn't like "oh, so THAT'S how he transforms back into Adam!"

I didn't realise this is what was happening. I sort of thought that particular incident was just He-Man giving up his power permanently, and that he "let the power return" as if he was resigning his position as the most powerful man in the universe and would just go back to being Adam forever - and then throwing the sword down the abyss to confirm it. It was a resignation of sorts, and I had no idea that this was Filmation showing us that this is indeed how he switches back to Adam.

It was not until a while later when I was collecting the STAR He-Man comics that one of the issues had He-Man changing back into Adam by yelling "Let the power return!" did I put two and two together. (I think it was somewhere around issue 9 or 10)... by this time, the TV series had ended and was just on repeat. But it took this comic book to allow me to understand how He-Man changes back into Adam.

Was I the only one who didn't clue in when watching "The problem with power" for the first time?

Avenge The Fallen Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I never took the reverse transformation, itself, as a one-time thing, but rather how he must always turn from He-Man back to Adam. But I can see why you might have thought that at the time, especially as a kid.

In the episode "The Council of Evil Part 2" from the 200X series, he uses that same phrase to transform from He-Man to Adam:

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    He-Man also says "Let the Power Return" to change back into Prince Adam in the MOTU Newspaper Comic Strips:

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

I always wondered how he changed back into Adam until that episode aired in the original series. Then we had the same phrase used in the 200x show, which I thought was great. A bit more animation goes into that transformation back into Adam, which I think is cool. We never saw how She-Ra changes back into Adora directly. There was one episode in which she transforms back but off-screen. We don't hear her say anything either but there is a magical burst. I can't remember the episode title right now to find a video of it.
    For the Honor, for the Glory, for the Power of GRAYSKULL!!!

I don't have a video, but the episode She-Ra turns back into Adora is The Sea Hawk.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Ah, thanks! Found a video:

Starts at 3:23.
    For the Honor, for the Glory, for the Power of GRAYSKULL!!!

Very informative thread... only knew the one from filmation.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Here's the segment of the Marvel Star comics where He-Man changes back into Prince Adam by saying, "Let the Power Return."

And I think it's ok for me to say, since it isn't a huge spoiler or anything, there's a very good chance that you'll see this phrase appear in a 2020 MOTU Classics bio as well.
    Last edited by Penny Dreadful; June 11, 2019 at 08:35pm.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com