Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New CEO at Super7

Heroic Warrior

New CEO at Super7

Saw this on Twitter. Wonder what this means for the future of the company.
    https://twitter.com/super7store/stat...25036273823745

It probably means that Super 7 has grown to the extent they have the need for a CEO and governing board. They may have not been structured like this in the past, but due to it obtaining so many licenses, they may have adopted a business model that is structured this way.... just a guess...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I got a bad feeling about this...

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfHeMan View Post
    I got a bad feeling about this...
    It's not giving me warm an fuzzy feelings either....
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

I think it sounds like they're growing, which doesn't sound bad to me.

Skeletor's Right Hand Man Megalodon's Avatar
    So who's out now then?

Sounds like an addition rather than a replacement.

Yeah, just because they add a COO doesn't mean anyone is out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Widget
    I'm worried they will change the line away from vintage packaging etc.. Hope they don't do that so the vintage line continues. Is the person in charge still going to be there?

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    So much hate online for Super7. It saddens me.
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Creator of Kaiju Kaos.

Quote Originally Posted by baileyrecords View Post
    Yup... like they are there just to hate... so saddening.... i will forever be grateful to Super7 for all those cool Filmation Classics, those are all i wanted ever since.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

My worry about a new CEO is the direction that she will want to steer the company. If Brian isn't calling the shots anymore, likely there will be less risk-taking, more eyes on profit. She comes from Pepsi, so she's likely not familiar with the adult collectibles industry. Brian seemed ok with some "break-even" ventures like Snake Mountain and possibly the last 2 Collector's Choice waves; a former Pepsi CEO is probably not going to ok with those types of projects. She's going to want maximized profits. I'm sure this is good for the company as a whole, but I fear we collectors are going to suffer as a result.
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    My worry about a new CEO is the direction that she will want to steer the company. If Brian isn't calling the shots anymore, likely there will be less risk-taking, more eyes on profit. She comes from Pepsi, so she's likely not familiar with the adult collectibles industry. Brian seemed ok with some "break-even" ventures like Snake Mountain and possibly the last 2 Collector's Choice waves; a former Pepsi CEO is probably not going to ok with those types of projects. She's going to want maximized profits. I'm sure this is good for the company as a whole, but I fear we collectors are going to suffer as a result.

well said..,

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by motogp_fanatic View Post
    Yup... like they are there just to hate... so saddening.... i will forever be grateful to Super7 for all those cool Filmation Classics, those are all i wanted ever since.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk

not hate from me. I just started collecting the vintage line and I'm hoping they will release many more of them before they change things around. I sold my classics collection to go vintage for the accuracy and packaging of the originals. The line just started and there's so many main characters I wanted before things change with the new Pepsi ceo. If I can't get the other characters I wouldn't want to continue the line. I do wish to keep collecting in hopes of the vintage line growing much bigger with many more characters like the classics line is now. Hope to see battle cat, zodiac, fisto, queen Marlena, adora, panthor, okros love interest, and many of the villains.

Heroic Warrior
    Let me frame this another way, without regarding Brian specifically as he seems like a passionate, geeky guy:

Are you SURE you want to applaud risk taking? Would you be okay if, say, Snake Mountain or the 87 movie toys caused Super 7 to go under because it turned out Super 7ís internal metrics said they were bad ideas and they went ahead anyway?

I guess what Iím saying is: risk taking up to a point is great but you have to accept and embrace failure or it isnít really risk taking.

Risk taking means bearing the consequence of losses.

What I am saying is that we, the consumers, benefitted from Brian's and Super7's motto that other companies weren't making this obscure stuff, so they decided to. I don't think that they did any huge risks in any of the MOTU Classics offerings they gave us. I WAS surprised when they said they were starting to do a lot of the tooling and work up front before offereing the pre-orders, because that meant that they sunk money into these figures that they were not guaranteed to get back in return. However, it seems like with every offering they've given us, they've at least broken even. Obviously this is not a way to grow a business, so I understand there might be a need to back away from those types of projects, and to bring in a new CEO that might be more growth and profit focussed. I just think that as a result, we consumers might lose out, as some of the things they might have offered to us in the past will not have the proper justification to go forward.

Heroic Warrior
    This isn't a bad thing at all. Brian has always been more of a creator put in the role of CEO as well. As companies grow, you can only wear so many hats. This will free him up to focus more on his strengths and add someone that can focus solely on growth. He will still be the decision maker around creative and own the company. CEO is an executive job, not an ownership thing.

Congrats to Brian and team for continued growth and big steps! Great people over there that are a pleasure to work with and love what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by baileyrecords View Post
    I don't hate Super7 at all, in fact, I love what they've been doing, especially for MOTU and Classics in particular. Which is exactly why this worries me, as others have said, if you make the structure of the company more corporate, more focused on profit, with more layers of management between the fans and the finished product, you're at risk of losing that specialness that Super7 brings to the table.

This is probably just growing pains, a good sign in many ways.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

On the negative side I could see this stifling creativity and willingness to takes risks. On the positive side, maybe this will make Super 7 try to actually stick to some of their deadlines and goals they set...

Widget
    What I am saying is that we, the consumers, benefitted from Brian's and Super7's motto that other companies weren't making this obscure stuff, so they decided to. I don't think that they did any huge risks in any of the MOTU Classics offerings they gave us. I WAS surprised when they said they were starting to do a lot of the tooling and work up front before offereing the pre-orders, because that meant that they sunk money into these figures that they were not guaranteed to get back in return. However, it seems like with every offering they've given us, they've at least broken even. Obviously this is not a way to grow a business, so I understand there might be a need to back away from those types of projects, and to bring in a new CEO that might be more growth and profit focussed. I just think that as a result, we consumers might lose out, as some of the things they might have offered to us in the past will not have the proper justification to go forward.
    Yes I agree.... is Brian going to stay? If so I hope he gives the orders on what we all want. He's the reason I started to collect classics and vintage lines.
    Now lets get working on a same massive eternia, and crystal castle. Brian would eventually do it! Will the new ceo? That's the thing I'm concerned about here. Things like this can deter so many good items for the lines.

Maybe now instead of breaking even they can turn a profit and afford to put out QUALITY product? Yes, the hate runs deep every time I look at my $80 pile of broken figures that QC shrugged and said Oh well...

Heroic Warrior
    How would you guys feel if it turned out the new CEO was because Mattel or Universal hired Flynn to oversee MOTUC and adult collectibles at Mattel? But Mattel wanted to manufacture and distribute those themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrala View Post
    How would you guys feel if it turned out the new CEO was because Mattel or Universal hired Flynn to oversee MOTUC and adult collectibles at Mattel? But Mattel wanted to manufacture and distribute those themselves?
    Interesting thought. Huh. So Brian Flynn as Toyguru 2.0, right?

To be honest, I really think this is just simply due to Super7 growing pretty tremendously over the past few years. I mean, they've been around since 2001 but over the past four or five years they've started handling major licenses and putting out way, way more product, seemingly through multiple factories. They're dealing with more product, multiple licensees, conventions, and now the huge Snake Mountain project. There growing and stuff like this just has to happen naturally as part of the process.
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

Heroic Warrior
    Remember when we were waiting forever for the neo-vintage 5.5s because they were trying to finalize a deal with a brick-and-mortar retail partner? I bet this person is going to help them close more deals like that faster. Hopefully, it’ll mean we’ll see more Super7 product out in the world.

I hope Brian Flynn continues doing exactly what he is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun Flaherty View Post
    Remember when we were waiting forever for the neo-vintage 5.5s because they were trying to finalize a deal with a brick-and-mortar retail partner?
    Oh my Gosh! I had completely forgotten about that deal, and it falling through.
    Odd Man Out