Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU SDCC Exclusives - He-Man/Prince Adam Two Pack and Mega Construx Battle Bones

MOTU SDCC Exclusives - He-Man/Prince Adam Two Pack and Mega Construx Battle Bones

UPDATE July 14, 2019

Check out the review of the Mattel SDCC 2019 MOTU He-Man & Prince Adam 2-Pack:

---------------
    The Nerdist has released information about Mattel's SDCC exclusives for MOTU!
    There will be a vintage-styled two pack of He-Man and Prince Adam.

Additionally, there is a Mega Conxtrux Battle Bones set!

From the Nerdist article:
    "First off, there's the Masters of the Universe He-Man & Prince Adam 2-Pack. The Set includes one He-Man figure and one Prince Adam figure, both styled to look like the vintage versions of the characters. Prince Adam wears his removable blue vest, while He-Man has a removable knife accessory tucked into his boot, a detail that super fans will recognize from early concept art. The blue instead of pink vest for Adam might seem odd to fans of the classic animated series, but it's what Adam wore in the original Mattel mini-comics back in the day.

Sixteen points of modern hinge-and-ball joint articulation let fans pose and play with these figures like never before. He-Man comes with axe, shield, and Power Sword. And both figures have three sets of interchangeable hands for dynamic posing and interchangeable heads based on the sculpts of the original toys. Colors and decorations may vary.

This 2019 Comic-Con Exclusive will be available for pre-order for $40 at shop.mattel.com starting June 17th or for purchase in person at Mattel's SDCC retail booth starting July 17th. There will be limited quantities available.

In addition, Mattel will also be offering the Mega Construx Masters of the Universe Battle Bones. OG fans can now resurrect the most powerful dinosaur-like creature in the universe with this Con-exclusive Battle Bones collector's figure transport, This limited-edition collectors set will transport you right back to your youth – and the 80s! Battle to the bone when you build this completely faithful dinosaur-like creature that features authentic details – like its built-in carry handle and open-and-close jaws to store weapons and accessories– just like the original toy. The set includes four buildable micro action figures, Man-At-Arms, Teela, Faker and a flocked Moss Man, a heroic 20 weapon accessories, and even a Moss Man pine-scented air freshener that smells just like the original action figure!

Battle Bones can carry up to 8 micro action figures (sold separately) so you can transport your battles across the universe! Ideal for ages 8 and up. The Buildable Battle Bones carry case will cost $30, and will also available for pre-order at shop.mattel.com starting June 17th or for purchase in person at Mattel's SDCC retail booth starting July 17th."

Click me for more information and photos!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I want them both! I sure hope Mattel will have plenty available for their website after SDCC and they announce the day and time they will be for sale.

The figures are pretty awesom? Looks like the vintage scale but with articulation? Looks like I'm headed to collecting another MOTU line

The Mega Construx set is awesome too.

I'm assuming there will be availability for these to non SDCC attendees?
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

The vintage updates are some of the most exciting MOTU products I’ve seen in awhile! I love the articulation, the sculpts and a boot knife!!!

I’ll take a whole line of these, thank you!
    Snake Mountain, FINALLY!!!

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    Interesting. I definitely want the classic looking He-Man but that alternate head on the Prince Adam figure is awful looking to me. I see each has two heads so that's good.

I'm assuming the Four Horsemen didn't make these given the lack of details?

I wonder if this is the start of a new retail retro line?

Love it. Would be the first line i can collect from the beginning since I’m a Johnny come lately. That box it comes in looks outstanding.

Heroic Warrior
    30 bucks for the MC Battle bones. That’s a great price. I was expecting 60-80 at least. So, if you pre order you have to pick them up at the show. I didn’t see anything mentioned if these will be made available after comic con.

Quote Originally Posted by cryanmchsi View Post
    30 bucks for the MC Battle bones. That’s a great price. I was expecting 60-80 at least. So, if you pre order you have to pick them up at the show. I didn’t see anything mentioned if these will be made available after comic con.
    They will be available on Mattel's online store the same day per Nerdist. And yes, $30 is a great price for BB.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    "This supersoaker is full of urine and RAGE!!! Mostly urine."

Quote Originally Posted by cryanmchsi View Post
    It says you can pre-order OR pick up in person at the Mattel booth at SDCC. I'm pretty sure that means they will ship to non-attendees who preorder.
    Hit me up on instagram @MOTUdoobs

In the other thread this seems like a neo neo vintage line... obviously different than original vintage, commemorative, super7 neo vintage.... looks nice... but im warming up to it.... is it confirmed as 5.5inch scale?

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

So will Mattel ship this if you pre order and aren’t attending the comic con?

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I'm really digging the vintage inspired figures! I'm guessing these are 5.5 scale, I like the mix of vintage scale and style with extra articulation.

It would be awesome if Mattel made a line of these for retail before the movie came out.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Very excited about these! Especially the 2-pack, with art and story by Tim Seeley, Axel Giménez, Nate Baertsch, Ed Dukeshire, Raunak Singh, Eric Marshall, and yours truly! It was a blast working on this, and thanks to Mattel for giving us this opportunity.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Battle Bones...flocked Moss Man...new version of Faker...alright, you convinced* me! Let's do it.

*predestined at the beginning of time

MOTU SDCC Exclusives - He-Man/Prince Adam Two Pack and Mega Construx Battle Bones

I dig those vintage figures. I don’t think I’ll start a whole new collection of them, but a Miniternia-inspired set? Heck yeah. Get some articulated vintage style cats in there and I’ll melt.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Very excited about these! Especially the 2-pack, with art and story by Tim Seeley, Axel Giménez, Nate Baertsch, Ed Dukeshire, Raunak Singh, Eric Marshall, and yours truly! It was a blast working on this, and thanks to Mattel for giving us this opportunity.
    So are they, in fact, 5.5"?

"This supersoaker is full of urine and RAGE!!! Mostly urine."

Quote Originally Posted by mossgreen View Post

I wonder if they’re a little taller since they’re not permanently squatting.

Heroic Warrior
    Based off of previous SDCC the preorder would be for people going to comic con to pick up instead of having to wait in lines. I hope I am wrong because I really want these.

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    I dig those vintage figures. I don’t think I’ll start a whole new collection of them, but a Miniternia-inspired set? Heck yeah. Get some articulated vintage style cats in there and I’ll melt.
    ^ This.

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post

Quote Originally Posted by mossgreen View Post
    I wonder if they’re a little taller since they’re not permanently squatting.
    My understanding is that they are taller than vintage but shorter than Classics.

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    The 2-packs looks great, not a big fan of tge prince second head though.
    Wish they announced they would make Classics too
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:[email protected] $$$$$

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    Interesting. I definitely want the classic looking He-Man but that alternate head on the Prince Adam figure is awful looking to me. I see each has two heads so that's good.

I'm assuming the Four Horsemen didn't make these given the lack of details?

I wonder if this is the start of a new retail retro line?
    The Adam looks cheap comparatively. The head sculpt does not match the level of detail, and there is something about the yellow values that seem off.

Heroic Warrior
    So, the status of Classics is? I think is important an official information, super7 is end, collector choise?, neo vintage?

Just when I thought I was out.. Curious to hear what their plans are with these molds.. I will be cherry picking though
    Johan Eggink aka Eterniandreams

[email protected]

There are two of each head, so we can mix and match to our hearts’ content!

I do really love this pack. I haven't purchased anything MOTU related lately but I do want to get that pack, so I may need to ask for help to get it shipped overseas
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab - whitespyders(

My feedback thread