Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU SDCC Exclusives - He-Man/Prince Adam Two Pack and Mega Construx Battle Bones

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Powersword123 View Post
    I don't know - when I look at the new head I see a new cartoon look. I thought there was talk of a new He-man cartoon, it would make sense to do a Netflix cartoon to get kids and their parents exposed to he-man before a movie is launched. If you take everything that was said in the past - they wouldn't have action figures in retail without media behind it
    I’d add, however, that Transformers Classics was envisioned as a gapfiller until the Michael Bay movie line and then turned into Universe which became Generations and has been running for 12 years now, all as an expansion of a placeholder line to build nostalgia before a movie.

Heroic Warrior
    Okay let me see if I have this right--This Origins line has been confirmed as a future brick and mortar retail release? Not just online?

What a joy to visit He-Man.org after so many months away, and to learn about a new vintage style retail MOTU line, AND a new She-Ra action doll line (presumable also set for retail). WOWsers!

Quote Originally Posted by Etherius Eterno View Post
    Okay let me see if I have this right--This Origins line has been confirmed as a future brick and mortar retail release? Not just online?
    I don't think anybody has confirmed that it will be at retail, but a lot of us are assuming it. Mattel is putting a big push behind the MOTU brand, so selling them exclusively online would not make a lot of sense.
    Odd Man Out

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    I don't think anybody has confirmed that it will be at retail, but a lot of us are assuming it. Mattel is putting a big push behind the MOTU brand, so selling them exclusively online would not make a lot of sense.
    Ah okay. I read through about 6 pages and skimmed the rest and then promptly forgot whatever actual confirmed info I might have gleaned.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    Yes, I think the FB post indicated B&M (Bricks and mortar) stores to carry the line. Which makes sense. The She-Ra line actually looks really good too.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

These are a nice idea, the packaging looks amazing and the figures look good for the most part, there's something a little off with the heads for me, I think it's the hair colour is too light and bright.
    I personally doubt I'll be getting these as I'm just totally out of space so I just cant get into a new line. When Classics ends thats pretty much going to be me out of collecting full stop I think. However I'm really glad to still see new MOTU products being made and keeping the brand alive.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

I'm getting a little anxious a the time since it seems to be impossible for me to get this 2-pack.

In any way, I've started wondering how the female figures would look like. I wonder if more details shall be added to the head sculpts or how they would handle the articulation for Teela, Green Goddes & Evil-Lyn and what would be for She-Ra, Adora and possible a Shadow Weaver in this scale and format
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab - whitespyders(

My feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    Yes, I think the FB post indicated B&M (Bricks and mortar) stores to carry the line. Which makes sense. The She-Ra line actually looks really good too.
    Oh, I hadn't seen that. That's awesome!

As I said, many of us figured it was a retail line, but it's good to officially see it.
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; June 19, 2019 at 01:28pm.
    Odd Man Out

I just went ahead and pre-ordered all three of them on eBay... the Prince Adam 2 pack, the She-Ra 2 pack, and Battle Bones. Done...I don't have to worry about it anymore LOL.

Heroic Warrior
    Even if Club Grayskull and CC continue, I may be done with them, in favor of this Origins line and cherry picking the She-Ra line. I only bought Shadow Weaver and Adam from the last CG wave anyway, so my interest was already on the wane. Besides, I always tend to prefer mass retail lines, I like the idea of collecting a line that a broad population can enjoy, rather than just a niche collector base. I never went whole hog on Classics anyway, so I don't feel overly invested in that line. It really feels like a new era might be starting for MOTU, it is very exciting.

By the way, what exactly is the shoulder articulation on these figures? Is there just a swivel or a hinge too, for outward motion?

Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    I just went ahead and pre-ordered all three of them on eBay... the Prince Adam 2 pack, the She-Ra 2 pack, and Battle Bones. Done...I don't have to worry about it anymore LOL.
    Nice!

But... $$$$$$$$$
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Nice!

But... $$$$$$$$$
    Yeahhh...but I just recently made a sale on eBay so that basically paid for the exclusives lol.

Yeah, I bit the bullet and ordered the He-Man/Adam set on ebay. Had to sell a couple of things, but to me this set is worth it.

Turbo Orangutan Kosmic JimPansen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    Yeah, I bit the bullet and ordered the He-Man/Adam set on ebay. Had to sell a couple of things, but to me this set is worth it.
    Bingo! Me too

I Didn't Slap You! I High-Fived You In The Face!

Just ordered mine off of eBay for $81 shipped. Not to shabby

Since Mattel appears to be giving Pixel Dan some early product again, I wonder when these will be reviewed?

Adam seems to come with a regular power sword. Not the gold handled version. This is from an in-hand listing.
    IMG_4262.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by suckator View Post
    Adam seems to come with a regular power sword. Not the gold handled version. This is from an in-hand listing.
    IMG_4262.JPG
    Good to hear. The gold handle was bugging me slightly.

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    These are a nice idea, the packaging looks amazing and the figures look good for the most part, there's something a little off with the heads for me, I think it's the hair colour is too light and bright.
    I personally doubt I'll be getting these as I'm just totally out of space so I just cant get into a new line. When Classics ends thats pretty much going to be me out of collecting full stop I think. However I'm really glad to still see new MOTU products being made and keeping the brand alive.
    Same here.
    I wish that was Classics that keep Motu alive...
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

Quote Originally Posted by Powersword123 View Post
    With Mattel attending Power-con, I'm sure that these will be there like they did the year of the masks and the fanny pack
    I hope you're right. I really want these and cant be at SDCC but I'll be at Powercon!

Heroic Warrior
    I have purchased one on ebay.
    I like it and I hope that will be a great nwe origins line bit I do not want not to have Classics...

So.... do you think Mattel will release a Skeletor 2-Pack?

Skeletor and Keldor? Or, possibly Skeletor and Red Beastman?

These have to hit retail... I just cannot pull the trigger at a $90-$100 price tag when they are selling at $40 at the show.

I wish Mattel wasn't being so exclusive with this one... many fans are missing out.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

I would definitely like a side-by-side comparison between this He-Man and the original.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    I would definitely like a side-by-side comparison between this He-Man and the original.