Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU SDCC Exclusives - He-Man/Prince Adam Two Pack and Mega Construx Battle Bones

Mattel Website says you have to attend comic con to get these even with pre order.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Pretty sure the pre-order is for pick-up at SDCC, as they've done in the past. Has there been any way to get SDCC exclusives directly from Mattel since Matty went bye-bye?
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    The Adam looks cheap comparatively. The head sculpt does not match the level of detail, and there is something about the yellow values that seem off.
    I agree. That Prince Adam head almost reminds me of the Son of Zorn toy one, lol.

Ohhh...pre-order is for SDCC attendees only. Well...what's the word? Fiddlesticks?

Well, then these won't end up in my collection. I wonder if they will release these as a normal release in normal packaging. It really depends if Mattel wants to start a line or if these are a one-off thing.
    I will probably end up on Evilbay though..
    Last edited by Eterniandreams; June 11, 2019 at 11:24am.
    Johan Eggink aka Eterniandreams

johaneggink@gmail.com

Those articulated vintage figures look very cool. I might be a pass though since I've got so many classics already and I'm not sure I want to go through collecting every character again. Still a very cool idea though and would be a new route that collectors could get in early since starting on classics now is nearly impossible.

On a side note, these new articulated vintage figures would look good next to all the classics beasts and Castle Greyskull. Since they're shorter than classics, they'll tower over them even more.
    Last edited by Seril; June 11, 2019 at 11:20am.
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

Wow!!!!!!!!

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk
    “You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing.” George Benard Shaw.

Really neat set.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

The countdown says only attendees

https://shop.mattel.com/shop/en-us/ms/featured-at-sdcc

Hope these will be on sale after the convention, however, if for any chance someone attending SDCC is willing to make the nice gesture and favor (like the guys who offered helping out Non-Attendees of Power-Con 2019 for a small markup), please keep us posted here.
    CC: * Ice armor Heman & Fire Armor Skeletor Pack // *Sagitar // *Dragoon // *Lizorr // *Butthead // *Spinwit // *Staghorn // *Raj-jar // *Eye Beam // *Snake Mountain Man // *80's movie (Teela, Man-At-Arms, Beastman, Evil-Lyn, Troopers, and Sorceress)

CG: *Kobra Khan // *Ram-Man // *Zodac // *Whiplash // *Leech // *Multi-bot // *Webstor // *Chef Allen

Court Magician
    I love this concept! Mattel was definitely going to do a new line and in lieu of rebooting on the classics buck, this is the next best thing. I definitely plan on finding a way to get this and will probably collect the line.

My biggest nitpick is that the heads lack detail compared to the original vintage ones. The standard He-man head looks more like the commemorative release than the nicer vintage figure. I hope they tweak that when the inevitable retail release happens. Oh and I hope they work on that loin cloth for future releases. It is a little small.
    Last edited by zeiss; June 11, 2019 at 11:56am.

Happy for those who like these...happier that I don't, since they'll be hard to get.

Really hoping it's not any kind of dominant style moving forward.

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Very excited about these! Especially the 2-pack, with art and story by Tim Seeley, Axel Giménez, Nate Baertsch, Ed Dukeshire, Raunak Singh, Eric Marshall, and yours truly! It was a blast working on this, and thanks to Mattel for giving us this opportunity.
    Is this coming with a full mini comic?

Quote Originally Posted by modulok02 View Post
    The countdown says only attendees

https://shop.mattel.com/shop/en-us/ms/featured-at-sdcc

Hope these will be on sale after the convention, however, if for any chance someone attending SDCC is willing to make the nice gesture and favor (like the guys who offered helping out Non-Attendees of Power-Con 2019 for a small markup), please keep us posted here.
    If they don't release these to non-attendees, then they really aren't going to restore any goodwill to the MOTU collector base that already is not happy with them after closing down Matty, and the potential news that Super7 and other companies may not be able to make any MOTU product until after the movie.
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Hats off to Mattel. This is an epic comeback. Taking what worked for them in the past and reinventing it was very clever. And to make them based on the actual mini comics properly id a bold and clever move. I think their marketing team did a bang up job. I just hope this gets into retail. If this is $40 fir 2 I think $20 per figure could work.

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrytor View Post
    Happy for those who like these...happier that I don't, since they'll be hard to get.

Really hoping it's not any kind of dominant style moving forward.
    Considering they developed a new buck, I suspect these will be the dominant style moving forward. I honestly thought they were just going to do vintage figures again so this is better IMO. Hopefully, they will let Super 7 continue with their classics and filmation vintage lines so everyone has something.

I might try to get the He-Man set because of the packaging, but I don't see myself investing in a whole new line again. I gotta think at least the Super7 5.5 vintage line will probably die. It doesn't look good for Classics either other than maybe some Mattel repaints/variants/re-releases for cons and/or to coincide with new movie or cartoon toylines at retail.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Pretty sure the pre-order is for pick-up at SDCC, as they've done in the past. Has there been any way to get SDCC exclusives directly from Mattel since Matty went bye-bye?
    They are doing like last year - you preorder from the site - you have to check in at the booth with your badge and ID, then they will ship you your items
    I did it with the Superman and Thanos Hot Wheels items from last year

I still think the new head might be based on a new animation they could be announcing - it have a very animation look to it

I love the dagger holder on the side of the boot
    Last edited by Powersword123; June 11, 2019 at 12:18pm.

Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    I'll admit those are nice toys. But I'm thinking they would ge targeted, in may case, for my son, not for me. So, I would really like to know what the future of Classics will be... At least 2 or 3 figures per year (don't worry about selection of characters, just go with remaining NA and Axel's designs and we're good to go! )
    Wish list of MOTUC figures: Sagitar, Red Beast, Red Shadow, Red Knight, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar

I don't know how to feel about this... So, Super 7 is going to give articulation to vintage style figures going forward. I feel like if I'm going to get an articulated Motu figure I want it to be Motuc and leave the vintage style with minimum articulation. But, I definitely love the box art for sure..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by man-at-work View Post
    I'll admit those are nice toys. But I'm thinking they would ge targeted, in may case, for my son, not for me. So, I would really like to know what the future of Classics will be... At least 2 or 3 figures per year (don't worry about selection of characters, just go with remaining NA and Axel's designs and we're good to go! )
    That's what I'm wondering too... Are the vintage and motuc styles being merged to make this new line and the old lines are being done away with? Lots of questions here....

Heroic Warrior AntiEternia He-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    I don't know how to feel about this... So, Super 7 is going to give articulation to vintage style figures going forward. I feel like if I'm going to get an articulated Motu figure I want it to be Motuc and leave the vintage style with minimum articulation. But, I definitely love the box art for sure..

- - - Updated - - -

That's what I'm wondering too... Are the vintage and motuc styles being merged to make this new line and the old lines are being done away with? Lots of questions here....
    This is Mattel, not Super7. Hope these end up at retail.

The Last House on the Left, Las Vegas, Nevada
    Hoping that Classics/Club Grayskull continues alongside of this new style, which is likely part of a retail relaunch leading into the movie? I still would like to finish the NA lineup, along with a number of Mini-Comic and Filmation-specific characters in Classics style! I don't know that I could start a whole new collection, but if they make vehicles and playsets that work with Classics, I will be all over them!
    ..."Conceived in a Hell Beyond Your Depth of Perception... Designed and Directed by His Red Right Hand."
    ...Seriously looking for a gray Sir Laser-Lot sword from the Final Wars weapon-pack!!

Quote Originally Posted by AntiEternia He-Man View Post
    This is Mattel, not Super7. Hope these end up at retail.
    Oh really? Very interesting....

Heroic Warrior
    With Mattel attending Power-con, I'm sure that these will be there like they did the year of the masks and the fanny pack

I have pretty much been done with MOTU since Super 7 manhandled Classics. But this intrigues me. I would like some confirmation on if the scale is accurate to the vintage figures. If that is the case, I must say, that would have been a collection I could have dove into. If Mattel had released a line like this, but following the Classics character selection, I would have been sucked in. All of my vintage figures we're beyond repair or salvation, so this would have been a cool way to mix these with vintage playsets and vehicles.

I am still done with MOTU collecting, but if this had happened 11 years ago when MOTUC started, I think I would have been all over these. If Mattel is smart, they will snag MOTU back from Super 7 and continue this line.

I will definitely grab a Trapjaw if they make one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    If they don't release these to non-attendees, then they really aren't going to restore any goodwill to the MOTU collector base that already is not happy with them after closing down Matty, and the potential news that Super7 and other companies may not be able to make any MOTU product until after the movie.
    My money is on a similar roll out to Classics, with a few releases up front to test the market. Mini comics Adam is not for everyone, perfect for SDCC. If anything, a vintage He-Man/Adam 2 pack would happen.
    TOP WANTS:

SONGSTER, EVIL ROBOT, SAGITAR, ARTILLA, TUVAR, BADDHRA, SLIME PIT BONE WARRIOR,

Oh my gosh, these are amazing! They even got the back of He-Man's harness just like the original prototype/minicomic. Hope these will be available for wide distribution